Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126625 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2550 on: September 18, 2014, 11:46:16 am »

"Um, when I was brought here, did... I... I used to have protections of my own against death, though they cost me a lot if I had to use them. Do they still work? I kinda can't check them and so much else got messed up when I was brought here I don't..."
((Does Irine's reincarnation system (as a different person) still trigger upon perma-death?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: September 18, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

Can I bring my couch with?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2552 on: September 18, 2014, 12:35:25 pm »

"Will we be provided with any equipment?"
"Just what your hosts have. And a standard Interface, of course."

"Is this place called Urbania by circumstance?"
"It's the city of Kingdom Bay, actually, Earth-854. Again, if you know your Earth-3 history, imagine it like New York, but a bit smaller and a lot worse."

"This sounds real fun! When do we leave? And do we get any other stuff?"
"As soon as all this is over, we'll render you unconscious to make the necessary modifications and then you'll be on your way. As for equipment, beyond the pendants, supplies and survival gear, no, you won't be receiving anything. If we dropped you in with a couple dozen nuclear bombs, that would be neither inconspicuous nor fun, would it?
Well, I suppose that would be fun. Wrong example there."

"Um, when I was brought here, did... I... I used to have protections of my own against death, though they cost me a lot if I had to use them. Do they still work? I kinda can't check them and so much else got messed up when I was brought here I don't..."
((Does Irine's reincarnation system (as a different person) still trigger upon perma-death?))
"No, those are linked to your home universe, which is now technically universe 523."
<If this mission were to take place in universe 523, then me and him might be able to rig something.>
"Then again, universe 523 is under my control, so that would be kind of unnecessary."

Can I bring my couch with?
The shadowman brings his hand to his head and sighs.
"No, you cannot bring your couch."
"You can summon a new couch once you're there." the bartender pipes in helpfully.
"Stop giving him ideas!"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:17:38 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:24 pm »

Good! Always important is comfort when messily killing something.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: September 18, 2014, 12:37:29 pm »

John grinned.  "You could summon couches for everyone!  And more bigwheels and minifridges!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: September 18, 2014, 12:41:30 pm »

Grand idea, John, I'll do so now!

Couches! Couches galore!
Sig! Onol

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: September 18, 2014, 01:06:16 pm »

Saevus keeps still, like a statue suit of armor on display, and watches the others.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2557 on: September 18, 2014, 01:10:22 pm »

John grinned.  "You could summon couches for everyone!  And more bigwheels and minifridges!"
"Please stop trying to get him permakilled. The chances are high enough as it is."
Grand idea, John, I'll do so now!

Couches! Couches galore!
Alan spreads his arms out and starts spinning around. Almost everyone sees what's coming next and hits the floor, with the exception of Zechariah and Saevus.

John (who is currently lying on the floor) feels the gaze of the shadowman on him. A couch goes through the shadowman, disturbing the inky material he is made of and causing it to swirl around.
"Why do you hate me?! Did I do anything to you?"

It's a few seconds before the barrage stops, after Alan manages to hit himself with a couch and embed his head in the ceiling.

As the rest of the people in the room stand up from wherever they took cover (or get out of the couch they are lying under in the case of Zechariah and Saevus) the shadowman points at Alan and he is enveloped in darkness. The darkness moves down until it reaches the floor where it dissipates, revealing Alan, sitting on the floor.
"Your powers and ability to influence the staging area are disabled for now. Don't make me make this permanent."

Saevus keeps still, like a statue suit of armor on display, and watches the others.
Your observations help you learn why sitting still is a bad idea when there's a couch barrage on the way and why Alan is an easily influenced, dangerous, crazy and dangerously crazy person.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: September 18, 2014, 01:13:39 pm »

Alan pouts mightily and sits down on a stray couch, reminiscent of an angry 6 year-old.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: September 18, 2014, 01:36:58 pm »

John is too busy laughing to respond.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: September 18, 2014, 02:05:53 pm »

Zechariah felt uncomfortable after the head entity mentioned another universe that was controlled by an outside force.
No. This can't have any correlation with Eido Aeterno. It's just a coincidence.
It's just not possible.

"It's the city of Kingdom Bay, actually, Earth-854. Again, if you know your Earth-3 history, imagine it like New York, but a bit smaller and a lot worse."

Oh. That makes sense..
Still, why can't I shake this feeling..?

"Is there any information about the environment or our adversaries that you could give? What powers or weapons we should expect, hazards in the environment - anything that would be of use."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: September 18, 2014, 02:08:41 pm »

"I thank thee, human."

Nonchalantly take the couch off myself and sit down on it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: September 18, 2014, 02:13:09 pm »

"No, those are linked to your home universe, which is now technically universe 523."
"Then again, universe 523 is under my control, so that would be kind of unnecessary."
your home universe, which is now technically universe 523
"universe 523 is under my control"
And then there are more sneaky tactics. Sending an agent to a core world to corrupt the owning entity's control directly, for example. Or the master tactic, manipulating the events of an entire universe, subtly enough for the other entity to not notice you, but changing them enough to create points of... weakness. An event that by its occurrence causes an almost unstoppable cascade of events. A cascade that will harm the control of that entity over the universe. Manipulate situations so that a lot of those events happen at once and they will destroy the control that entity has over that universe. Causing it to collapse like an arch with its keystone removed. This is the most energy efficient method, especially against outsiders. They are usually unable to concentrate on the details like we can. Then again, we are unable to see the bigger picture like they can.>
{Irine}
<I... I see. So... stuff like what happened to my home is part of how Entities fight? That... *sigh* That makes sense, actually. Are... Were... Was I... Was what I once was what Entities would call an Outsider?>
<I... I don't know about what happened to your home. One of us could have caused it but I don't know who would do such a thing, or why. It's a waste, so many lives, so much potential extinguished for nothing. If one would be willing to expend so many resources, just to destroy it and gain nothing in return, nothing material at least... They would need to have some very twisted ulterior motive. Or they would have to be mad, enraged, taking pleasure in destruction and corruption...>
She remains silent for a few moments.
<You would probably be called an outsider, yes, although in a way you are more like us then most other Outsiders. Outsider is a very broad term, used for any being that exceeds a level of power and is not one of us. Ι->
WHAT?

I immediately turn to glare directly at Charlie, but don't speak for several seconds, getting myself partly under control before speaking, quietly, in a completely flat tone of voice.
"How did you acquire my home?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2563 on: September 18, 2014, 03:01:16 pm »

Alan pouts mightily and sits down on a stray couch, reminiscent of an angry 6 year-old.
Oooh, come oooon, I wanna throw some cooouuucheeees.

John is too busy laughing to respond.
"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up."

Zechariah felt uncomfortable after the head entity mentioned another universe that was controlled by an outside force.
No. This can't have any correlation with Eido Aeterno. It's just a coincidence.
It's just not possible.

Oh. That makes sense..
Still, why can't I shake this feeling..?

"Is there any information about the environment or our adversaries that you could give? What powers or weapons we should expect, hazards in the environment - anything that would be of use."
((Salsacookies is in mission B, you're in A. Missions are:
A:
NAV
Harry Baldman
Lenglon
DarkArtemisFowl
Tiruin
Xantalos
B:
Alarith
Salsacookies
Coolrune206
Toaster
Hawk123
Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER))

"We don't know much about it. Planet is simple, Earth-like, one moon. Most of the land is separated into three large landmasses separated by the ocean, although there is little communication and interaction between them. Humans and human-variants are the primary and more numerous intelligent species on it. Tech level is Earth-3 medieval with some variation depending on location, maybe some other factors we don't know about. Large scale use and natural occurrence of magic, although we aren't sure if there are any rules for it. We hope there won't be any problem with your magic interacting with that world's but one can never be certain without more study. Scans also show supernatural beings, parasites, all kinds of things looking to profit from the power of that universe. There are large countries on it, most of them probably basing their existence on magic, but any of their politics or their disposition towards you are unknown. As for your target, you should ask him."

your home universe, which is now technically universe 523
"universe 523 is under my control"
And then there are more sneaky tactics. Sending an agent to a core world to corrupt the owning entity's control directly, for example. Or the master tactic, manipulating the events of an entire universe, subtly enough for the other entity to not notice you, but changing them enough to create points of... weakness. An event that by its occurrence causes an almost unstoppable cascade of events. A cascade that will harm the control of that entity over the universe. Manipulate situations so that a lot of those events happen at once and they will destroy the control that entity has over that universe. Causing it to collapse like an arch with its keystone removed. This is the most energy efficient method, especially against outsiders. They are usually unable to concentrate on the details like we can. Then again, we are unable to see the bigger picture like they can.>
{Irine}
<I... I see. So... stuff like what happened to my home is part of how Entities fight? That... *sigh* That makes sense, actually. Are... Were... Was I... Was what I once was what Entities would call an Outsider?>
<I... I don't know about what happened to your home. One of us could have caused it but I don't know who would do such a thing, or why. It's a waste, so many lives, so much potential extinguished for nothing. If one would be willing to expend so many resources, just to destroy it and gain nothing in return, nothing material at least... They would need to have some very twisted ulterior motive. Or they would have to be mad, enraged, taking pleasure in destruction and corruption...>
She remains silent for a few moments.
<You would probably be called an outsider, yes, although in a way you are more like us then most other Outsiders. Outsider is a very broad term, used for any being that exceeds a level of power and is not one of us. Ι->
WHAT?

I immediately turn to glare directly at Charlie, but don't speak for several seconds, getting myself partly under control before speaking, quietly, in a completely flat tone of voice.
"How did you acquire my home?"
The man emits a short laugh.
"I see why he doesn't trust you." he quietly says to himself with an amused tone.
"I did not acquire your 'home'. From what she told me, that place is probably only worth anything as a relay or a small addition of energy now, if it hasn't collapsed already. I'm not really watching it so I can't tell for sure." he adds with a small dismissive gesture.
"No, what I'm talking about is the universe your soul is currently linked with. It seems to require that small link, even if it is somewhere else. So it was linked to one of my own. That was part of the deal."
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:17:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: September 18, 2014, 03:12:01 pm »

((Paris, y u do dis. Oh, and by the way, it's 132))
"I thank thee, human."

Nonchalantly take the couch off myself and sit down on it.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 521