Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124539 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2460 on: September 15, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »

Well sure, if you want to walk in there like a scrub. I'm arriving in style.

Summon a motorcycle-sized Bigwheel thing. Giant tricycle. Thing.

((I can't enunciate very well, but yeah. Giant tricycle thing. I did take size change, I think.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: September 15, 2014, 03:40:23 pm »

Spoiler: Alternately (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: September 15, 2014, 03:43:58 pm »

"Now there's some worthy musical accompaniment to our grand tavern adventures," says Ike, perilously close to chundering from the mere motion of tapping his foot.

Bask in my overfed glory.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: September 15, 2014, 03:45:57 pm »

"Looks like it's a party in here now."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: September 15, 2014, 03:49:04 pm »

"A Goddess?"

Saevus respectfully kneels.

"A purpose? I am to serve as thy champion? My reward would be restoration of mine powers? Verily, my liege lord will be pleaseth."

Saevus's "eyes" blaze brighter with interest.

"Challenges? I had waited centuries for a worthy challenge."

"An thou dost providest something worthy of mine skills, then I shall pledge my sword to thee."

After Saevus inevitably accepts her offer.

"Very well. My sword is thine. I have one last question to thee. What is thy name, My Lady?"

Speak.

((This Old English thing is harder than I thought. I constantly check if there isn't something wrong with it.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: September 15, 2014, 03:50:25 pm »

Spoiler: Alternately (click to show/hide)
((YEP))
Sig! Onol

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: September 15, 2014, 03:56:18 pm »

Yep still confuses me, but what that predator did is something I have seen before, like a super speed plasmid or something like that. Let see if I can do something to top that. At least show what I can do. This is all a dream, anyway, forgot about that.

"Ehy, thos wit ey cal aey noice trixy. Nos Es mine tuan, gawk n' Uahndah oyht mine skillz Predator".

(This will be the official Urbanian dialect.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: September 15, 2014, 04:04:35 pm »

"Hmm?"
observe
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: September 15, 2014, 04:06:40 pm »

Zechariah slowed down his pace and tried to cool himself down. He was in inner conflict, uncertain of how he should approach this from here on out.
He decided to start somewhat small again. Prompting, but small.
"Okay," he said softly. "Then... what am I to you? If you already have this sum of power, what is your purpose for me? Am I a tool for more power? Or am I just a plaything, just like you said?"
He sat down on the edge of the bed, looking up at the crystals once again. He already anticipated the answer Scion would give to him, but he brought up the question nonetheless.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: September 15, 2014, 04:30:52 pm »

((Man, it's rough being busy while you guys are posting.))
Huh, he must be busy, I'll probably find out more later.
Bryan heads downstairs to find Irine.
"You did pretty well in the last mission.  You are a formidable and worthy opponent indeed.  I hope you don't have any hard feelings from that.  I tried to hold back as much as I could."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: September 15, 2014, 04:33:43 pm »

((Man, it's rough being busy while you guys are posting.))
Huh, he must be busy, I'll probably find out more later.
Bryan heads downstairs to find Irine.
"You did pretty well in the last mission.  You are a formidable and worthy opponent indeed.  I hope you don't have any hard feelings from that.  I tried to hold back as much as I could."
"Thank you, You did well also. Which opponent were you? I didn't have a lot of opportunities to tell people apart."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: September 15, 2014, 04:40:27 pm »

Nikolai heads to the tavern with his newly repaired mug.
"Anyone want to play a drinking game?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: September 15, 2014, 05:16:45 pm »

"Oh, I was the one who went after the one man.  Thank goodness I got away without killing him.  Actually I don't think I've formally introduced myself to you.  My name is Bryan, we've uh had at least one conflict before between missions."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 05:26:32 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2473 on: September 15, 2014, 07:38:37 pm »

Alarith
Salsacookies
Coolrune206
Toaster
Hawk123
Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER

Those are the ones I have for mission number 2. Anything you want to say on the subject you have until the end of the week.

Well sure, if you want to walk in there like a scrub. I'm arriving in style.

Summon a motorcycle-sized Bigwheel thing. Giant tricycle. Thing.

((I can't enunciate very well, but yeah. Giant tricycle thing. I did take size change, I think.))
You shoot an enormous tricycle out of your hand, large enough for an elephant to use.
It bumps against the outside of the tavern and falls to the ground with a thud.
You think you're going to have trouble riding this.
Or fitting it through the door.

"Now there's some worthy musical accompaniment to our grand tavern adventures," says Ike, perilously close to chundering from the mere motion of tapping his foot.

Bask in my overfed glory.
I imagine you with your arms spread wide open, looking up at the ceiling, saying "I am the best." and smiling.

I wonder what basking looks like...

"A Goddess?"

Saevus respectfully kneels.

"A purpose? I am to serve as thy champion? My reward would be restoration of mine powers? Verily, my liege lord will be pleaseth."

Saevus's "eyes" blaze brighter with interest.

"Challenges? I had waited centuries for a worthy challenge."

"An thou dost providest something worthy of mine skills, then I shall pledge my sword to thee."

After Saevus inevitably accepts her offer.

"Very well. My sword is thine. I have one last question to thee. What is thy name, My Lady?"

Speak.

((This Old English thing is harder than I thought. I constantly check if there isn't something wrong with it.))
((Well, old English is very strange. At least, it looks strange to me. It doesn't even seem like an 'old' language, it's like a different dialect of English. Then again, I'm no linguist and English is not my first language, so what do I know?))

"You will compete with and against the chosen champions of other gods. And when it is time, you will help me regain possession of what was stolen taken from me.

The champions of the other gods are odd but do not mistake that for a sign of weakness. They have already proven their skill in the challenges that were given to them, some by use of their strength, others by use of their cunning.

Prove yourself worthy in the challenges you shall face and you will receive the gifts I have promised you. Whatever you desire shall be yours."

"As for my name, you can call me Saita."

The obelisk deforms as if the glass is liquid, changing its shape into that of two interlocking arches. ((Like the ones of the LAX Theme Building.))

"When you are ready, step through the portal. You shall meet the other champions and learn of what your first challenge will be there."

Yep still confuses me, but what that predator did is something I have seen before, like a super speed plasmid or something like that. Let see if I can do something to top that. At least show what I can do. This is all a dream, anyway, forgot about that.

"Ehy, thos wit ey cal aey noice trixy. Nos Es mine tuan, gawk n' Uahndah oyht mine skillz Predator".

(This will be the official Urbanian dialect.)
((I see your character's vocabulary is getting less understandable with each post. At least your actions are in normal text.))

Hm... Vague action... I suppose that means intelligence roll. *rolls* Oh. Lucky. I was kind of wishing for a one there.

You fold the space around you into distortions in the shape of jagged glass that twist the light around them. You arrange them behind your back like spread wings.
You throw the beer of mug through it. The mug is shredded as if it passed through a woodchipper, tiny grains of beer, wood and foam floating in space, giving a fractal yellow, brown and white colour to your wings.
And then you take a step back, passing your entire being through the distorted space, which results in you appearing as if you have split into many different selves, each going through a fold in your "wings" at a slightly different speed.
Each of your now visible selves raises their hands at slightly different speeds and punches. With each punch, the distortion displaying that images disappears, revealing your true self behind it, arm extended after throwing the punch.

Zechariah slowed down his pace and tried to cool himself down. He was in inner conflict, uncertain of how he should approach this from here on out.
He decided to start somewhat small again. Prompting, but small.
"Okay," he said softly. "Then... what am I to you? If you already have this sum of power, what is your purpose for me? Am I a tool for more power? Or am I just a plaything, just like you said?"
He sat down on the edge of the bed, looking up at the crystals once again. He already anticipated the answer Scion would give to him, but he brought up the question nonetheless.
<I... You're...>

<I-It's not like that, it's... It's... complicated.>

<Yes, I won't deny that I hope to obtain power through you, but... it is more than that. Any power you could provide me is the least of my concerns with you.>

<No offence.>

<I mean, there is another reason. It is important. You are important. I need to do this. I'm not forced to do this, but...>

<But.... I... I have... I mean, I believe...>

Her tone changes into that of resignation, as if she reconsidered something during that time of silence.

<I believe I have already answered your question. And I believe that I had said at the time that that was all I was going to say on the matter.>

She sighs.

<This conversation is going in circles. Do what you will human. It's obvious there's nothing to be gained from talking like this. Just go. Leave me alone and let me think about this. And perhaps you should try doing that yourself.>

OOC
People are starting to act like this is a minimalist. Soon, people will be trying to become mayors, summon dark gods and eat the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: September 15, 2014, 07:50:51 pm »

Hmm. This requires careful thought!

Summon giant shoes! Try to make them so they're wearable by me somehow.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 521