Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125330 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2400 on: September 12, 2014, 01:41:49 pm »

"Okay, I understand," Zechariah said softly. He thought out his words carefully for a bit before he decided to spark up some other argument.
"I don't mean to anger you. I was just confused and frustrated by my circumstances, but now I have a feeling for what I am committed to."
He looked down at the ground under his feet and let a small smile show to himself.
"To be honest, I am actually pretty interested by you. In a good way, I mean. We do have our differences, but.. I feel that there's still plenty of time to explore this place and get to know everyone, including you."
Zechariah shuffled his feet around a bit. He was a little anxious, but there was also some resolution in his heart.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: September 12, 2014, 03:25:52 pm »

"Where you from, thought you were a Gene, but if you war one youda be in it already, where I from, gangs rule, and you in one wen boan. But I found a Haz who not a Haz an' a Gene who no Gene." Whatchu do anywhoz?"

Give this... "faod" a try. Never seen anything like it, only nutrient bars and can juices.

"As much as I'd like to pretend your argot is entirely legible, I'm afraid I'm a little confused. So a Haz and a Gene refer to gang affiliations of some sort? If that's the case, I'm not one. See, I'm from the woods. And in the woods, everyone's a Squirrel."

Eat until full, and share with this fascinating inner-city type.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: September 12, 2014, 04:06:49 pm »

"If you have some time to ask around, then please, yes.  If you are busy and can't find time don't worry about it."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2403 on: September 13, 2014, 09:32:03 pm »

Oh M G! This is amazing, now I'll have supercorn powers!

Stare directly at it with my face 2-3 inches from the microwave, on my hands and knees.
You stand close to the oven and watch the pretty lights.
After a while the corn starts popping.
And then it catches fire.
Great.

"I'll be okay. Go."
I release Stellar, back away a step, and look up at her with a smile.
"Thank you."

after Stellar is gone, I shake myself off, re-settle myself and the flower Theri gave me, and then step out of my personal area and into the Staging Area.
She stands there for a few seconds. It's hard to read her expression, given that she her avatar lacks a face, but you're certain she's looking at you.
"I'm..."
She turns around and starts walking away.
"I will be back soon. Stay safe."
As she walks, her form dissolves, the distortions disappearing until there is nothing left.

You walk around the pool of magma, towards the chamber that contains your fiery portal and that small hot spring. When you feel ready, you step through the portal.

The first thing you see on the other side is a door made out of old wooden boards standing closed a couple of metres in front of you, illuminated from the fires of your portal. The floor is made out of wooden boards too and squeaks pleasantly as you step on it. To your right is a wooden bed with a light grey cloth covering. Turning around, you see that there is also a table and a chair in this room, positioned next to an open window. Through the window, you can see the blue sky and the treetops from a forest. Resting on the windowsill is a small grey and brown bird.

The bird chirps a couple of times when it sees you. Then it coughs. And then it starts speaking. It's not speaking in the way you'd expect a tiny bird like that to speak. It's a booming deep inhuman voice that for some reason brings to your mind the sounds of heavy rain and thunder.
"I will be downstairs. Go there. It is important."
"That is the message. And can you please allow messages to arrive to your section? I've been waiting here for like half an hour." the small bird adds with a soft squeaky voice as it turns around and gets ready to fly away.

"Where you from, thought you were a Gene, but if you war one youda be in it already, where I from, gangs rule, and you in one wen boan. But I found a Haz who not a Haz an' a Gene who no Gene." Whatchu do anywhoz?"

Give this... "faod" a try. Never seen anything like it, only nutrient bars and can juices.
That thing is assaulting your tongue. It's full of taste and chunky bits and not so chunky bits that get everywhere and get stuck in your teeth. It's so greasy it feels like you're going to choke. Swallowing it is even worse, as you can feel it sliding through your throat. Ugh, now you can feel it in your stomach and there's a strange oily after-taste left in your throat. You think you're going to throw up.

A few big gulps of beer help you forget the taste and settle your stomach a bit.

You can't understand how that big eared guy seems to be devouring that thing so quickly. He's already eaten a quarter of that giant dish. Doesn't it bother him?

"As much as I'd like to pretend your argot is entirely legible, I'm afraid I'm a little confused. So a Haz and a Gene refer to gang affiliations of some sort? If that's the case, I'm not one. See, I'm from the woods. And in the woods, everyone's a Squirrel."

Eat until full, and share with this fascinating inner-city type.
You eat and eat and eat and then you eat some more until you can eat no more. There's still about half of the food left on the plate, given that your friend only nibbled on a small piece. You can feel your enlarged stomach pushing against your clothes and the desire to rest as much of your blood supply goes to work on your digestive system. You half-sit half-lie on your chair as you attain food nirvana, the feeling of being utterly and completely full of nice tasting high fat food accompanied by exactly zero fear for your health. Now you just need to sit here for an hour or four and digest this so that you can move again.

A minute later, the door opens and your entity walks in. His clothes have been covered in mud and are wet in places. He's carrying a wooden bucket and is approaching your table.
"Good news: I found a goat. Less than good news: The goat didn't like me. I think it might had something to do with me knowing nothing about goats or milking or the milking of goats. Or at least I didn't knew. Nothing more than how to cook them. Now I know."
He lowers his tone of voice, as if telling a secret.
"Here's a tip about goats. If you approach them from behind, do not pull their tail. They will kick you. Approaching it from the front is not a good idea either. They will headbutt you and spit you. Goats are evil man. The horns and the goatee never lie. They are the signs of the bad guy."
He continues speaking in that normal, cheery voice of his.
"But, a bit of chasing later, I was triumphant! I think. That's milk right?" he says and points at the white substance sloshing inside the bucket, some of it spilling outside.
"I mean, it tastes like milk to me, so it must be milk, right?"
He sighs.
"I'm beginning to reconsider that 'no summoning, no magic, stay in character' thing. Humans are silly."

"So! Milk! I got milk. Want milk?"

"Okay, I understand," Zechariah said softly. He thought out his words carefully for a bit before he decided to spark up some other argument.
"I don't mean to anger you. I was just confused and frustrated by my circumstances, but now I have a feeling for what I am committed to."
He looked down at the ground under his feet and let a small smile show to himself.
"To be honest, I am actually pretty interested by you. In a good way, I mean. We do have our differences, but.. I feel that there's still plenty of time to explore this place and get to know everyone, including you."
Zechariah shuffled his feet around a bit. He was a little anxious, but there was also some resolution in his heart.
<Oh, I am sooo glad you consider me important enough to include in the list of things you want to investigate.> she says sarcastically.

<Okay then, if you want to learn more about me, then answer me this and I will answer an inquiry of equal magnitude. If I told you that right now, I could take you anywhere and give you the power to do anything, then where would you go? What would you choose?>

"If you have some time to ask around, then please, yes.  If you are busy and can't find time don't worry about it."
"Oh, it's no trouble at all. Anything to keep you happy. I'll be back in a while."
She turns around, opens the door and goes through it.

Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER
You wake up.

You are lying on a hard bed.
There's a dark grey, almost black stone ceiling above you.
The entire room you are in is built out of the same smooth dark grey stone blocks as the ceiling. The low lighting the few candles around the room provide make them seem even darker.
But other than the bed you are on, the room is very empty. There's a few red banners hanging from the walls and an armour stand and a weapon rack near a wall but that's it.
There's a single door made out of old wooden boards leading out of this room.

Hawk132
You regain consciousness.

You are standing upright, at attention.
You're in a sandy desert. The sun is high overhead.
Everywhere around you there is nothing but sand dunes and clear blue skies. There are no footprints leading to your position.
The wind causes sand to bounce against your armour with small clicks.
There is something shiny embedded in the sand a few metres in front of you.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 09:43:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: September 13, 2014, 09:35:01 pm »

Yum, roasted corn!

Summon oven gloves and open the microwave. If it's still on fire, punch it out. If not, extract corn and eat!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: September 13, 2014, 10:04:11 pm »

"Uhh... Thank you? I guess I'd better get going."
I wonder if that bird was brought here the same way the players were. How many people are being kidnapped for the games?
I hurry over to the door, open it, look for a way 'downstairs' and go, keeping an eye out for anyone else in the area.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
« Reply #2406 on: September 13, 2014, 10:15:51 pm »

Read the banners before opening the door

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: September 14, 2014, 04:08:05 am »

"Well, there's certainly enough of it that it couldn't plausibly be anything else, you know? Bring on the milk!"

Have a bit of milk to wash down the grease! Hope that transitioning to another world will ease digestion.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:42:35 am by Harry Baldman »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: September 14, 2014, 06:36:16 am »

".... The waiting is killing me. When will it start?" Rune mutters to himself, but also somewhat hoping his entity notices it so that he gets an answer.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: September 14, 2014, 09:03:53 am »

Tis' the Great Desert? The mortals have created a new magic, perchance? To force ME aroint from the battlefield!? Verily, I am disappointed.

It matters not. My duty is ner finished. Een the greatest desert shan't stop me. An I have to wend for years, then so be it.

But first...

Walk closer to the shiny object, try pulling it into my hand. If it doesn't budge, get near it and investigate it.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: September 14, 2014, 10:16:53 am »

[Sorry, have been ailing bad lately x_x]
Resting on the windowsill is a small grey and brown bird.
((Oh hey, this looks like one of the many Philippine mayas hanging around here x3))
Reference

Theri acknowledged River's note and waved back to his buddy-friend. "Say, he has a...somewhat different name from yours. Who was he, back in the last 'mission'? Or where, actually? Also...why do we all need a bracelet to identify each other again?

"Oh! Who, also, was Boris' person?...his..you. His...me? You know. The thoughts? Oh, also did it send yet?"

Chat with River!
Oh, also commit to action /that action/ towards /that one person/. Let's see if this works!

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: September 14, 2014, 12:27:51 pm »

Hmm... give this, "Ma-ilk" a try. Hopefully better than "food"

"... What's a scuiel?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: September 14, 2014, 12:41:58 pm »

"... What's a scuiel?"

"It is a creature that eats and hides tiny rocks, and viciously leaps from one tall structure to another, seeking its prey far and wide to prepare for a coming disaster that will empty the area of all life."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2413 on: September 14, 2014, 06:54:21 pm »

Yum, roasted corn!

Summon oven gloves and open the microwave. If it's still on fire, punch it out. If not, extract corn and eat!
You fail to summon oven gloves.
Well, who cares, you'll just eat it like this.
You grab the burning pop corn with your bare hands and start devouring it.
This would look great in a circus performance.
Mmmm... Toasty!

[Sorry, have been ailing bad lately x_x]
Resting on the windowsill is a small grey and brown bird.
((Oh hey, this looks like one of the many Philippine mayas hanging around here x3))
Reference

Theri acknowledged River's note and waved back to his buddy-friend. "Say, he has a...somewhat different name from yours. Who was he, back in the last 'mission'? Or where, actually? Also...why do we all need a bracelet to identify each other again?

"Oh! Who, also, was Boris' person?...his..you. His...me? You know. The thoughts? Oh, also did it send yet?"

Chat with River!
Oh, also commit to action /that action/ towards /that one person/. Let's see if this works!
((I see those small birds almost every day. They come to eat the breadcrumbs that are left after breakfast. I love watching them, especially the young chicks.))

He laughs a bit.
"Oh, you're full of questions." he says with a small smile.
"Anyway, he, or at least part of him, was sort of 'inside' the bracelets, but not really. He was there to help us exist in that world and make sure we didn't accidentally harm the minds of the people we were helping. I can provide a more in depth explanation, if you are interested, but it would take a while."

"As for the one who helped Boris, the one who called himself Victor... He is no longer here."

You walk through the streets of the town, between the small log houses, until you reach the central plaza. On its centre is a fountain made of light grey marble. It depicts a cloaked, slightly feminine figure, with only smooth curved stone for a face. In her left arm she cradles an oversized horn, through which water flows, while her right is extended, her hand open, as if she is demanding something. A curved knife hangs from her belt.
Her bare feet rest on a small circular basin, in which the water gathers before overflowing to another, larger one. The basin she stands on rests on three different beasts that are facing each other. A canine that most closely resembles a Northwestern wolf, a large feline creature that looks kinda like a puma and a large bird that is similar to nothing you've ever seen before, except perhaps for mythical creatures. All three look like they are ready to fight, showing their teeth or claws, their fur or feathers standing upright.
There are more detailed carvings surrounding a wavy line that goes around the base of the fountain.

On the base of the fountain rests a crow, idly playing with a ball made out of dim lightning, tossing it from wing to wing in long lazy arcs.
A small distance away from the fountain is a man wearing a gas mask that is talking to a tall, lanky man with short dark hair and grey eyes.
Laying on the ground besides them is a rather obese man that is eating burning pop corn out of a can with his bare hands.

"The one he has chosen to come here is John." he says and points to the man talking to the one wearing the gas mask.
"While we were off helping Amelia and her companions he was defending a world from the attack of a spirit that took of the form of a giant metal man. He and his allies did quite a good job at it."

Two large buildings stand on opposite sides of the plaza. A large three storey building made of stone blocks and wood with a sign hanging outside and smoke coming out of its chimney. Some kind of tavern or inn probably. And a larger two storey building made almost exclusively out of stone blocks, which has no sign on it but looks imposing nonetheless. The only building to feature a balcony, as far as you can tell. Maybe a manor or a town hall?

"Come on, it's this way." he says and leads you towards the inn.

The inside of the inn is very dark compared to the sunny town outside. Before your eyes have much of a chance to adapt and take stock of your surroundings, he is already leading you away from the entrance and towards an upward stairway. He gently pushes you until you are hidden behind it.
"As requested. One ambush for you. Enjoy!" he whispers and quickly walks away, towards a counter.

((See Lenglon's for the rest.))
"Uhh... Thank you? I guess I'd better get going."
I wonder if that bird was brought here the same way the players were. How many people are being kidnapped for the games?
I hurry over to the door, open it, look for a way 'downstairs' and go, keeping an eye out for anyone else in the area.
"De nada!" the little bird squeaks its reply and flies away, emitting a couple of whistles as it does so.

You turn around and open the door out of your room. Beyond is a small hallway filled with 4 other equally spaced doors, each with an unlit torch in the wall besides it. One is a simple wooden door like yours while others are very clearly the portals of other players. A hotel room door, a door with intricate carvings, a heavy-looking door...

The hallway is lit by the diffuse light provided by sun rays escaping through gaps in the closed shutters of the windows lining the side of the hall opposite to you. You can see motes of dust floating in the rays, the ones closest to you swirling from the small wind currents opening the door has created. It smells of old wood. There are also faint smells of food and alcohol floating around in the air.

On your left the hallway makes a left turn and disappears, presumable leading to other rooms. On your right it ends on a wooden stair, leading downwards.

A short walk later, you descend the stairs and find yourself in a larger open area made of stone and wooden supports. One of the walls features a few of those gigantic wooden barrels that usually hold alcohol. It is lit by a large fireplace, complemented by a few torches hanging from the stone walls.

The room is filled with tables and chairs, although only one of them is occupied. The ones occupying the table are Ike and a muscular man with tattoos who you have never seen before. They are apparently in the process of consuming a giant dish of omelette along with a mug of beer and a bucket of milk. Guess this is where the smell of food is coming from.

Finally there's a counter, with a few smaller barrels, a small fire and some cooking implements behind it.
Behind the counter is a Viking with platinum blonde hair who is wearing very dirty and somewhat wet clothes. A large wooden mug rests on the counter in front of him. On the opposite side of the counter, talking to the Viking, is a creature that has most of the characteristics of a wolf. He has black fur and amber eyes, but his body is more humanoid, with hands instead of paws, his legs allowing him to stand upright and his snout a bit smaller than that of a normal wolf's.

When you descend the last few steps, the wolf-man and the Viking turn to face you. You start walking towards them, when suddenly you hear a sound behind you. Before you can turn around, something falls onto you from behind and ensnares you in a tight and vicious... hug?
You look down to see silver-furred arms wrapped around you.
"Surprise!"

"Well, there's certainly enough of it that it couldn't plausibly be anything else, you know? Bring on the milk!"

Have a bit of milk to wash down the grease! Hope that transitioning to another world will ease digestion.
You sort of lean forward, careful not to press your stomach too much and try to have a couple of sips of milk. The first gulp makes you feel like your stomach is going to explode if you drink anymore. Then again, this place is supposed to keep you alive no matter what, so that might be an interesting experience.
Hmm... give this, "Ma-ilk" a try. Hopefully better than "food"

"... What's a scuiel?"
After the big eared man has a sip, you try a bit of the milk yourself. It's OK... sort of. It's still a bit too "heavy" and fatty for your tastes, but it has a somewhat interesting flavour and you can drink it, albeit slowly. If nothing else, it helps wash the taste of the food away.

Both of you watch as a werewolf leads woman with silver fur, fox ears and a fox tail under the staircase and leaving her hidden there. The werewolf glances your way as he passes by you and then heads for the counter on the opposite side of the room. He sits on a stool with some effort (he is rather tall, so it's somewhat uncomfortable) and starts talking to Ike's entity, who is standing on the opposite side of the counter, drinking something.

A few seconds later, another woman with fox ears and fox tails comes down from the stairs. She starts walking towards the counter before she is surprise-hugged by the hiding woman.

Read the banners before opening the door
You attempt to click on the banners, but it turns out they are not that kind of banner. Too bad. And you wanted to read that surefire way to gain body-builder muscles.

Lame jokes aside, they're more like this. Red banners with a dark symbol in the centre that looks like a sword stabbing a rhombus.

You shrug and go outside, into a small hallway with a wooden floor. To your left the hallway ends into an upwards stairway, while to your right it turns right. There are other doors in the hallway besides yours, all of them different from the other. The style of the hallway is also very different from the style of the room you woke up. In fact, now that you think about it, you're very certain that the room is too long to fit between the doors beside the one leading to it.

".... The waiting is killing me. When will it start?" Rune mutters to himself, but also somewhat hoping his entity notices it so that he gets an answer.
"One would think that you would welcome this reprieve. I guess you must really like the challenges."
((Soon. Sorry. Been a bit busy planning the missions and studying for the university. And sick. It's like the whole world is plotting against me.

Anyway, you can now declare you want to go to the other mission for formality's sake. Check the end of the post.))

Tis' the Great Desert? The mortals have created a new magic, perchance? To force ME aroint from the battlefield!? Verily, I am disappointed.

It matters not. My duty is ner finished. Een the greatest desert shan't stop me. An I have to wend for years, then so be it.

But first...

Walk closer to the shiny object, try pulling it into my hand. If it doesn't budge, get near it and investigate it.
You walk closer to the object, your heavy footsteps sinking in the soft sand of the dunes.
When you're close enough, you use your powers to pull it. The object doesn't budge. But the sand around it does. It flies towards you, pelting your armour and getting in its joints.

When the sand clears, you can see that the shiny thing was actually the tip of a much larger glass obelisk rising out of the sand, its base not yet visible. It's made out of crystal clear glass and is completely smooth. The light from the harsh desert sun is reflected refracted from it, forming small rainbows and bright rectangles on the ground around it.

"Welcome." a female voice comes from the obelisk, the sand around the obelisk shifting slightly as it vibrates.
"Let us see. What shall be your first question?"

Ahem!
Random.org says

NAV
    Harry Baldman
    Lenglon
    DarkArtemisFowl
    Tiruin
    Xantalos

are going to the Campaign mission.

Anyone besides them who wants to participate in the other mission, say so now.

I'm a bit weary of letting Xantalos go on this mission, considering what happened last time. Plus this mission will have a small chance of permadeath, so with his luck, he is probably going to get himself permakilled. Uh, but I'm really hoping everything is going to turn out fine. Or at least that one of his teammates is going to be able to keep him from getting himself killed. Or maybe his teammates are going to kill him at the start of the mission to save themselves. Whatever happens, it should be... interesting.

Anyway, missions are planned and ready. They'll be starting at the end of next week, probably. Maybe a bit later, depending on how my studying goes.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:00:07 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: September 14, 2014, 08:22:11 pm »

"Hmm." Zechariah thought carefully. This was a hard question for him, since he didn't really think about these kinds of things before. Surprising for someone of his personality, I know, but this is a subject that has never been particularly comfortable with. Power.
Then, a sudden thought flashed by Zechariah's mind. He had heard this before, somewhere. He didn't remember where. Come on, he thought. Where have I heard this before?
He remembered.
It was Artemis.
"I remember this question. I've answered this before," Zechariah said clearly and slowly. "I would go to the place of my dreams. A different dimension which barely crosses with my reality. A place where I actually mattered, where I had the ability to change the world. And.. and I asked him for the power to save my friends..." He looked down to the ground quickly and searched with his eyes for something there.
"To save my friends," he repeated. He shook his head softly and tried to clear those thoughts out of his head.

"Yes. That was what I asked for, and that is probably what I would say now still. Still as naive as before, I guess.
Um, as for you.. if you could change one aspect of your past, what would it be?"

Zechariah thought that this would be an interesting question that doesn't cut too deep just yet.
..Then again, this was Scion we were talking about. Oh well.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 521