Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126705 times)

Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2370 on: September 09, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »

((is this allowed?))
Bonuses: +2 to using polearms((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_weapon))
Can create Acid out of thin air

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: September 09, 2014, 07:03:57 pm »

Fall asleep on a couch.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: September 09, 2014, 08:00:05 pm »

Well, you're not very helpful.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: September 09, 2014, 08:03:31 pm »

"Um, yeah. You don't just become a Gene, either your a Gene, or your not, and you ain't one."

Get a drink, I need a drink, to many things fuzzed up.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2374 on: September 10, 2014, 10:48:18 am »

((Idiom?))

John laughed.  "Yeah, I get it, so much more going on that us pawns can't see.  Ha hah.  Anyway, I meant the whole 'games' bit that we're involved in, though I'm sure there's more here that meets the eye.  I guess the others could do stuff like this in line with their powers, as long as they're not shooting each other or anything?"
((in my own particular... *sigh*
Idiom, sir?
Idiom!))

When you finish speaking, it is his turn to laugh.
"I'm sorry, it's not you. I just keep forgetting how amusing speaking can be. All those 'this' and 'that' and 'whole', all those vague terms."
He brings a shadowy arm to his chin.
"Maybe it's because of your ability... I bet your mind has somehow adapted to imagining things, thinking about the world in images, so maybe speech becomes more vague as a result. The images are clear and self-evident in your mind, but not in the mind of others... Or maybe I'm overthinking things. Still, would be fun to take a peek in there."
He picks up his cup and drinks from it. You're not really sure how that works, given that he probably lacks human biology. Maybe some sort of magical effect? Or maybe it's just for show.
"Anyway, if I understand what you're trying to say, then yes, they could. It's pretty much free for all, as long as you don't step on anyone else's toes."

"If there's nothing wrong with it, then please be gentle with it. It was a gift from Theri."
I hand over the flower to Stellar
"Um, what... what happened to my previous host? The girl whos name I never even learned?"
((Insert Stellar's response/explanation here))
"And Zoe? Amelia? Awena? Boris?"
((Insert Stellar's response/explanation here))
I wait several moments, unsure what to say now.
"And what about us? What happens now that I twisted the game's ending... again? I... I... I REVOKE EVERYONE BUT STELLAR'S AND MY OWN PERMISSION TO THIS AREA!"
I dash forward and hug Stellar as I yell, and hold her tight for several seconds before asking my final question, my eyes tightly clenched shut and my ears folding down.
"W-why are you being put on trial Stellar?!?"
"I will be careful, then." she says as you hand her the flower.
She holds it in her hand and brings it close to her head.
"Um, what... what happened to my previous host? The girl whose name I never even learned?"
"She is... getting better. There were a few problems... Part of her soul had been destroyed and I couldn't get all the information I needed from the fabric of that world. Luckily, the Colony Ship had been gathering data about that world, so with its help, I was able to restore her to the best of my ability. There are people taking care of her. I believe she will be fine."
She twists her hand around, as if she is trying to look at it from all angles.
"And Zoe? Amelia? Awena? Boris?"
"Zoe and her companions are currently in hiding. But she's happy. So happy... Every time I look upon them... it makes me feel better. I'm certain they'll be able to start living their lives without fear soon.
As for Boris... I can't locate him. I believe there is a reason for that, but I can't talk about it without getting into trouble. Even so, I believe he won't cause any more trouble. I'm working with him, trying to ensure that all of his influence on this world can be removed easily and without complications."

Finally, she opens her palm with the flower still in it and lets her other palm hover a few inches over it.
A small layer of yellowish light appears under the upper palm. It starts deforming, slowly, as if there is a small ball over it that is slowly getting bigger and bigger, as if it is being pulled by the flower more and more.
When the tip of the bulge formed by the layer of light touches the flower, there is a small flash of light and the layer disappears. However, what is more interesting is that in the last few moments before it dissipated, a few tiny grey and black spots appeared on the flower.
She sighs and extends her arm towards you, giving you the flower back. There's nothing different on it.
"I can see very small traces of his energy there, but that is all there is to it. In all other aspects, it is normal. That just means it's an object he created, nothing more. You can keep it without fear."
You take it and wait several moments, unsure what to say now.
"And what about us? What happens now that I twisted the game's ending... again? I... I... I REVOKE EVERYONE BUT STELLAR'S AND MY OWN PERMISSION TO THIS AREA!"
You dash forward and hug Stellar as you yell, and hold her tight for several seconds before asking your final question, your eyes tightly clenched shut and your ears folding down. Stellar seems to be a bit surprised from your outburst. She doesn't say anything, but she puts her arms around you in a soft hug.
"W-why are you being put on trial Stellar?!?"
"What?"
She sounds shocked. Her entire body becomes tense and unmoving.
"Wh-who told you about that?"

Ah, perfect. Say guy, do you do food?

Sit down on one of the sofas and summon a microwave.
You shoot a couple of dozen microwaves into the air. The microwaves hover up there for a second, before, one by one, they fall on your head.
"Only human."

((I think that for the last three turns, you've been rolling sixes that are then immediately followed by a one. It's like the RNG doesn't recognize any other numbers besides 6 and 1 when it's about you.))

Fall asleep on a couch.
It's hard to sleep when it's raining microwave ovens.
Maybe you could use one of those houses or the inn.

TO THE TOWN!

Theri walked by River's side, eagerly grasping his hand in hers. "So...tell me more about you? I wonder what you prefer to eat, or what your favorite color is. Where did you live before I met you back in the forest there?"
You start following the stone path, making your way through the small forested area and towards the town.
He tenses up again and looks at you with fear when you take hold of his hand, but he gets a bit more relaxed a second later.
"Oh, well I don't really have a home or a place to stay. Staying in that forest for a long as I did was quite unusual for me. I stayed there mostly because I was hunting something else and... well, because I felt obliged to my... companions. I felt like I owed them something.
I don't like staying in one place for a long time. Because then I start getting restless.
There was... someone I used to live with, someone I helped, a long time ago. But even then, we were always moving, always running away from something or hunting something new.
And I suppose I liked that."

He gets more and more relaxed as you speak. You think you can even see him smile, briefly.
"Staying in one place for your entire life, doing the same things... I understand why some choose to do that, but I could never make that choice. Whenever I was forced to stay in one place, for one reason or another, I was never really happy. After a while, I got bored and I either tried to find something, to get away or I just... slept. I slept for a long time. Wasted time."
He extends his other arm and makes a gesture towards his surroundings.
"Perhaps you could call this place my home. A part of me is always here. I'm always watching over it, even when I am away."
As the number of trees between yourself and your destination decreases, you can see the small town beyond more clearly. A collection of small houses made out of wooden logs, centred around two larger buildings made of stone and wood, one wide, the other tall. They all have highly pitched roofs and at least one chimney or funnel-shaped hole for smoke to escape, although only a couple of the buildings have smoke rising out of them.
"Did you know I helped create this place? This world?"
He says that last bit with a hint of pride.

((Giving Lenglon some time to finish her dialogue.))

"No clue wat a 'gat' is, sorry man."

Sit on the table where the big-eared Gene is

"Ey, man. Whatchu ben hearin roundz dis place. Ya see, I'm a fellow Gene, what her be like, sure ain't Urbania."
"Eh, it's so hard to find some good help these days."
"A goat's like the devil, but on four legs, and has milk. At least roughly half of them do, I think. The ones that have milk don't have the horns, if I'm not mixing something up."

"But do tell, my friend. Who are the Genes you speak of, and when or how did I get invited into their club?"

"Um, yeah. You don't just become a Gene, either your a Gene, or your not, and you ain't one."

Get a drink, I need a drink, to many things fuzzed up.
"Here you go. Ein weissbier." the blonde guy says as he sets down an oversized wooden beer mug in front of you.
He then proceeds to empty the contents of the pan in a plate and sets it in front of the big eared man along with a fork.
"Bon apetit."
The plate is overflowing with chunks of scrambled eggs with sausages chopped into cylinders and potatoes cut into triangles embedded in them, which are gleaming from the cooking oil still clinging onto them. It looks large enough for 4 people to eat and full of cholesterol.
"I'll go search for something non-alcoholic. If I don't find a goat, I'll just bring some juice."
He turns around and starts walking away.

Zechariah blinked once, then twice. He should have been used to these kinds of turnarounds by now, but this was by far one of the most unexpected things that Scion could have said. Hell, she could have said "I love you, Zechariah" and that would have been less surprising than this.

..Okay, that's probably an extreme exaggeration, but you get the point. Besides, 'tis a lonely world for the Hybrid Dragonfly. One such as himself can only dream of a true friendship, even with a guiding entity who probably has the power to erase him from the fabric of reality with the ease of pressing the Backspace key.

Zechariah steps back and slowly sits down on the edge of the bed. "I.. I understand," he says softly. "I didn't mean to say I control this place. I just want to find the truth of why I'm still here and what I can do to finish this competition." He sighs and tries to gesture a bit without words, but then sighs again and asks his question.
"Still.. if I'm not intruding, why the sudden change? This is.. somewhat unexpected, I think. Not bad, but just.. unexpected."
<Don't think about it. Just try to take advantage of it. Try be better. And try listening to what I say. It will make things easier.>

<The better you do, the sooner you can get away from here. That is what you want, right? To get away?>

((I wish I could play like that too.  Unfortunately, I have trouble playing things much simpler than that.))
"Back soon... Well, I can wait."
Start playing scales and chords on the piano as a warm up.  Then try to play something a bit more upbeat.
You play something more upbeat.

"Well, someone is having fun." you hear from a few metres behind you as you finish playing. You can tell she's smiling from the sound of her voice.

((is this allowed?))

Yeah.
I'm assuming you also want to be given a pole weapon at the beginning of a mission, right?
And do you have any preference for acid strength and way it is used/created/launched or should I choose whatever I want?

I think I'm ready to start the Campaign mission, once you're all done roleplaying and I've finalized the Survival mission.
Here's who I have interested in it:

DarkArtemisFowl
Tiruin
Lenglon
Harry Baldman
Toaster
Salsacookies
NAV
Alarith

Anyone I missed?
Remember, 6 will go to the Campaign, the rest in the other mission.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:50:32 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: September 10, 2014, 10:54:39 am »

"That's terrible. I think, anyway. What's a Gene? Is it some kind of slang for rogue conceptual abortions of the very idea of actual genetics? Or is it something hygiene-related? Perhaps a matter of one's natural choice of pants? Speak plainly, as I am at least twenty-percent ears by outer surface area."

Eat! Share with my friend if he wants some. Maximum cholesterol for everyone! After all, we have magic to take care of atherosclerosis.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: September 10, 2014, 11:25:37 am »

((I'll step out of the Campaign mission running to cut down on space competition.  Next time, perhaps.  though it'd be fun to be able to summon tons of low tech gear, then suddenly bust out with a tank when the midden hits the windmill

Also, reference achieved.))

John nodded slowly.  He supposed that's one way to think about it.

"Interesting..."

He looked out at the growing crowd.  Oh, that Alan...

"I think I'll see what's up down there.  I enjoyed the chat- feel free to drop by."

He headed downstairs and outside, then faced the collection of people outside.  "Hello, folks.  Like the town?"

((As an aside, I have that problem IRL; can think out a solution, but good luck if I want to describe it to someone...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: September 10, 2014, 11:44:02 am »

Zechariah
"Okay, I won't press the subject any farther. But I don't think that I'm just here to escape. After all, where would I go, and how would I get there?"
He paces around slowly, looking up at the green crystals above his head.
"There has to be something else. Another method to this madness, a reason that I was brought here and not left to die in the void of existence. That is what I wish to find out."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: September 10, 2014, 11:56:18 am »

((I'm also interested in the campaign, but I'm fine if someone else goes. Hilarity'll happen either way.))

Ooooowwwwwww, Alan moans, massaging his battered head. Too much of this and I'll get a red lump on the head or something. He looks around with a hungry eye. Still need food though. Oh, I know!

SUMMON FRIDGE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: September 10, 2014, 01:08:30 pm »

I'll just put this here, if you still accept players. Do note that I'm kind of bad at RP. At least I think so. Feel free to nerf his abilities to the point he isn't unbalanced. If they are.

Spoiler: Saevus (click to show/hide)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: September 10, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »

Bryan's back stiffens slightly, just enough for it to be noticeable to someone paying close attention, then it relaxes again.  Bryan stands, moves a bit away from the piano and turns to face Kathryn.  "I'ts been awhile since anybody has heard me play.  I suppose it's a nice change.  How did the mission end?  and I suppose...did I do well enough?"  Best not to ask about why Kathryn was away.  She was his host right now.  If she wanted to, she would tell him.  If she didn't, it would be wrong to pry.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
« Reply #2381 on: September 10, 2014, 02:53:56 pm »

((is this allowed?))

Yeah.
I'm assuming you also want to be given a pole weapon at the beginning of a mission, right?
And do you have any preference for acid strength and way it is used/created/launched or should I choose whatever I want?
Yes I do want to roll for an pole weapon.
Medium strength acid and you choose how it's launched, okay? 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: September 11, 2014, 08:23:07 am »

"Charlie he. He said he could help in your upcoming trial, for a price. What trial Stellar? and why was he sneaky about how he asked me?"
((When/if she asks for more information instead of answering my question:))
"N-not until you tell me about this trial! what challenge will they have you do? why???" ((yes, Irine would assume trial as in trial by fire instead of court trial, a concept from a societal level her people never reached. The opinion of the populace still greatly affects what such a trial would be, and if it would even be possible, hence why she agreed to Charlie's deal.))

((In answer to the obvious question when she asks it and after she has answered what the trial is about:))
"He wants me to protect someone for him-im, he hasn't said who yet. I-I agreed, conditionally, to do it."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: September 11, 2014, 08:44:39 am »

I think we've reached the player mass where two missions can comfortably be run at once, especially if one caps out at six entries.  Survival, with its likely lower flavor intensity (though I wouldn't put it past Paris to keep it flavor heavy as well) shouldn't be as hard to run.
((IF you need tips in running dual-missions with efficiency at the same time, Paris, I'm REALLY open to help there :3))
Err, personal experience.
((Thanks for the offer. I might PM you later.))
I think I'm ready to start the Campaign mission, once you're all done roleplaying and I've finalized the Survival mission.
((I think we should rather trade PMs than you PM'ing me... :-[))

Theri took the comment and glanced around without turning her head, subtly adding this new comparison to what would be her remark.

"I've always found it fascinating," she said with a slight giggle, "Oh, by that I meant thought."

She held River's hand in her own and squeezed it a bit. "Fascinating as in, I was already attracted to the scenery before I knew what created it, or whom. Fascinating, too, on how something so...subtle, abstract and intangible as thought becomes real. I wonder where you got the materials to make all these? I love the aesthetics."

She prodded River's side playfully. "But you didn't tell me you also were into biology. I'm very interested in how you kept the ecology stable here. It's so beautiful that I assume there're a lot of miniscule details that I can't even see running the background of this."

chat Chat!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2384 on: September 11, 2014, 05:18:28 pm »

"That's terrible. I think, anyway. What's a Gene? Is it some kind of slang for rogue conceptual abortions of the very idea of actual genetics? Or is it something hygiene-related? Perhaps a matter of one's natural choice of pants? Speak plainly, as I am at least twenty-percent ears by outer surface area."

Eat! Share with my friend if he wants some. Maximum cholesterol for everyone! After all, we have magic to take care of atherosclerosis.
You start eating.
It's good, in a greasy sort of way. It's been fried into something nice and crunchy, but not enough that it feels burnt, and the potatoes and sausages help alleviate the oiliness of the rest of the rest of the thing, somewhat. However it still feels somehow... monotonous, if food can be described as such. It could use something to make it more interesting, like a tomato or some cheese.

((I'll step out of the Campaign mission running to cut down on space competition.  Next time, perhaps.  though it'd be fun to be able to summon tons of low tech gear, then suddenly bust out with a tank when the midden hits the windmill

Also, reference achieved.))

John nodded slowly.  He supposed that's one way to think about it.

"Interesting..."

He looked out at the growing crowd.  Oh, that Alan...

"I think I'll see what's up down there.  I enjoyed the chat- feel free to drop by."

He headed downstairs and outside, then faced the collection of people outside.  "Hello, folks.  Like the town?"

((As an aside, I have that problem IRL; can think out a solution, but good luck if I want to describe it to someone...))
If a maintenance programmer can’t quote entire Monty Python movies from memory, he or she has no business being a programmer.
((And yeah, I understand, I sometimes have a similar problem.))

"Thanks. I think I'll stay here until the next mission. Seems like a quiet place with a good view. Great choice."
You get up, enter the manor and close the balcony door behind you.

And then suddenly a humanoid form with slightly feminine characteristics made of yellow light materializes on the balcony with a small explosion of force, grabs the entity you were speaking with by the throat, slams him against the wall and then they both disappear, all in the span of a few seconds. You think you heard her yelling something about private area.

Okay then, looks like that lady was in a hurry. Good thing that wall seems to be invincible.

You get downstairs and out the front door without much incident.

The crowd here appears to be growing, as does the collection of useless objects Alan manages to hit himself with.

Zechariah
"Okay, I won't press the subject any farther. But I don't think that I'm just here to escape. After all, where would I go, and how would I get there?"
He paces around slowly, looking up at the green crystals above his head.
"There has to be something else. Another method to this madness, a reason that I was brought here and not left to die in the void of existence. That is what I wish to find out."
<What does it matter?

If I told you you were here because you are fated to kill all those I hate, would you do that? Or are you one of those people that believe in fate, in some sort of plan that exists for all, that follows its commands no matter what, out of fear that fate will be harsher when it forces you to comply?

If I threatened you with death, would you follow my orders? Or are you someone who has already resigned to death and is now waiting for it to come?

What if I told you just thought you were no more than an interesting trinket, something to play with for a while and then be discarded, would that change what you want? Or if I told you I was fascinated by you, loved you, wanted to make you a part of me no matter what?>

She lets her rhetorical questions stand for a second.

<No, I don't believe any of the aforementioned apply to you. So why bother with the past? Why not focus on what your future could hold?>

She seems to be very capable at evading questions by using long-winded answers.

((I'm also interested in the campaign, but I'm fine if someone else goes. Hilarity'll happen either way.))

Ooooowwwwwww, Alan moans, massaging his battered head. Too much of this and I'll get a red lump on the head or something. He looks around with a hungry eye. Still need food though. Oh, I know!

SUMMON FRIDGE
You summon a rather shoddy looking fridge that immediately breaks apart when it impacts the ground.

Hmmm... Maybe I should make a mission in a place that works with cartoon physics.... Your character would fit right in.

Bryan's back stiffens slightly, just enough for it to be noticeable to someone paying close attention, then it relaxes again.  Bryan stands, moves a bit away from the piano and turns to face Kathryn.  "I'ts been awhile since anybody has heard me play.  I suppose it's a nice change.  How did the mission end?  and I suppose...did I do well enough?"  Best not to ask about why Kathryn was away.  She was his host right now.  If she wanted to, she would tell him.  If she didn't, it would be wrong to pry.
Her smile drops somewhat when you ask your question.

"Well, you did your best. It was a good effort. It wasn't your fault there were some unforeseen obstacles."

She walks and sits on one of the armchairs facing the fireplace.

"The mission ending was... complicated. Part of the reason I wasn't here when you woke up. There's still some conflict about what happened and whether or not all of it was correct. Your target survived and yet it seems that your host managed to survive and continue his work. I don't know much about what happened after that though."

"Charlie he. He said he could help in your upcoming trial, for a price. What trial Stellar? and why was he sneaky about how he asked me?"
((When/if she asks for more information instead of answering my question:))
"N-not until you tell me about this trial! what challenge will they have you do? why???" ((yes, Irine would assume trial as in trial by fire instead of court trial, a concept from a societal level her people never reached. The opinion of the populace still greatly affects what such a trial would be, and if it would even be possible, hence why she agreed to Charlie's deal.))

((In answer to the obvious question when she asks it and after she has answered what the trial is about:))
"He wants me to protect someone for him-im, he hasn't said who yet. I-I agreed, conditionally, to do it."
"He did WHAT?!" she says with a mix of surprise, anger and fear.
The centre of her body starts glowing with yellow light that is slowly expanding and becoming brighter.
She starts talking quickly, loudly, taking quick shallow breaths between sentences.
"How?! When?! Why?! What did he ask of you? Did you accept?! Did you make a deal with him?"
"N-not until you tell me about this trial! what challenge will they have you do? why???"

She stands there, taking deep breaths for a few seconds. Her breathing slows. The light inside her begins fading.

"I didn't want you to know. I didn't want you to worry about me."
She sounds calmer again. She speaks more quietly, although there is still stress audible in her voice and you can feel her trembling slightly
"They believe I may have talked to you about things I wasn't supposed to talk about.
That I illegally expanded the duration of your stay.
That I used isolation mode to act without supervision in illegal ways.
That I intervened in, influenced and entered a world when it was supposed to be isolated.
Those and perhaps other things."

Apparently understanding you have misunderstood the subject, she provides a brief explanation.
"When we gather to decide the next mission, the matter of my conduct will be put forward. I know because some have been quite vocal about that. Not that I wouldn't be expecting it regardless, many are quick to take such an opportunity.
We will decide about whether or not a trial is necessary, whether or not I am guilty of any of the crimes attributed to me and if so, an appropriate action will be decided, usually in the form of restitution to the ones who fell like their rights have been violated or in the form of punishment if they believe I need to be disciplined.
I am not afraid. I will defend myself with the truth and if they find me guilty, I will accept any action they deem necessary."

She stays quiet for a few more seconds.

"Please. You have to tell me. What did he ask of you? And did you accept? I need to know so that I can know how to protect you."
"You..."

More quiet.

"You didn't have to do this. I understand why you did it, but it just makes me feel..."
She doesn't complete her sentence.
"I'm the one responsible for you. I'm the one who should worry about you. I'm the one who's supposed to protect you. I didn't want you to put yourself in danger like that for me. Protecting me is not your responsibility and I will never ask you to do that."

I think we've reached the player mass where two missions can comfortably be run at once, especially if one caps out at six entries.  Survival, with its likely lower flavor intensity (though I wouldn't put it past Paris to keep it flavor heavy as well) shouldn't be as hard to run.
((IF you need tips in running dual-missions with efficiency at the same time, Paris, I'm REALLY open to help there :3))
Err, personal experience.
((Thanks for the offer. I might PM you later.))
((I think we should rather trade PMs than you PM'ing me... :-[))

Theri took the comment and glanced around without turning her head, subtly adding this new comparison to what would be her remark.

"I've always found it fascinating," she said with a slight giggle, "Oh, by that I meant thought."

She held River's hand in her own and squeezed it a bit. "Fascinating as in, I was already attracted to the scenery before I knew what created it, or whom. Fascinating, too, on how something so...subtle, abstract and intangible as thought becomes real. I wonder where you got the materials to make all these? I love the aesthetics."

She prodded River's side playfully. "But you didn't tell me you also were into biology. I'm very interested in how you kept the ecology stable here. It's so beautiful that I assume there're a lot of miniscule details that I can't even see running the background of this."

chat Chat!
He smiles.
"Oh, it is simply..."
Even as he turns his head to the side in a gesture of concentration, you can see his posture changing, becoming more upright and imposing, filled with pride.
"It's hard to explain. I use my memories as a base and my magic as a means, but it is more than that. I can... see it. I can see how this world works how it is all connected. I can see the trees and the flowers and the grass and the little things crawling onto them and the little things in them and I know what I have to do, how to use my power to change it."
As he starts finding words to describe what he is feeling, he starts getting more and more excited, breathing more quickly, speaking more loudly. He seems to have completely forgotten whatever was bothering him before.
"It's so strange, so... new! Even now that I've been doing it for quite some time. I was always good at using my gifts, always good at seeing the world, seeing how I could push it, bend it, break it, silence it. But this, what I can do here. I can create! I can see how to push my thoughts and my memories and twist them into something new!"
He takes a few deep breaths and starts calming down.
"I suppose it is one of the reasons I travel. I love finding new memories. New things I can use to create. New sights, new ideas."
He leans closer to you and speaks more quietly.
"Later... when we are alone and we have some time... I can show you. I mean, if you want. Show you what I see. How I see the world."

By now, you've exited the forest and are walking through a small deforested area that exists between the the small town and the forest. You're still on the stone path. It moves through the town in a mostly straight line from this point onwards, moving through the small houses towards a central plaza, where it is interrupted and forced to split into two by a fountain. You can see a few people there, standing between the two large buildings at the centre of the town.

"If I want to be completely hones, the I have to say that I don't do it all by myself. But I do most of the work. S-Zero helps too. Manages some of the less important, more menial aspects. Or the more private ones, since he is better suited for keeping secrets."
He turns his head to look at the sky and shouts.
"Hey! S-Zero! Say hello to the nice lady!"
<Hello.> comes the short response a moment later with that dry, emotionless male voice that you remember from your mission.
He turns his head to face you again.
"He is not very talkative. But he is fair and he helps with a lot of things. Ever since I've known him, he was always like that. And I've known him for a long time, we practically grew up together. Despite all of his traits, all of our differences, I have grown to like him somewhat. And I think he does too, even though he has a very... subtle way of expressing it."

((is this allowed?))

Yeah.
Yes I do want to roll for an pole weapon.
Medium strength acid and you choose how it's launched, okay? 

Okay then, I'll process that and send you a PM soon.

I'll just put this here, if you still accept players. Do note that I'm kind of bad at RP. At least I think so. Feel free to nerf his abilities to the point he isn't unbalanced. If they are.

Spoiler: Saevus (click to show/hide)
RP is not necessary. And I don't know why, but I have a feeling you'll do OK. Just one thing I want to inform you of, though, just to be perfectly clear.
This character is quite obviously above the starting power level, even if you roll perfectly during character creation. So there are two choices: I could go with what you've given me but give some disadvantages to compensate. Or I could tone down those abilities enough that they become possible through a good character creation roll. From this:
Feel free to nerf his abilities to the point he isn't unbalanced. If they are.
I understand that you want the second choice. If that is the case, then write nothing and expect a PM somewhere in the next few days. Else, write here or in PM to inform me otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 06:00:14 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 521