Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126052 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2340 on: September 07, 2014, 07:28:50 am »

await my awakening

((My tails are based on my age btw, 1 base + 1/50 years. max age 1000+-100, (meaning max tails is 19-23) Irene started the game at 130 (putting her in the 100-149 bracket of 3 tails) but I don't know if there's accelerated aging going on, and your last post indicated that my perception of time is distorted.))
((I distinctly remember it was Irene :P))
((Just re-checked Irine's origin, it's Irine, not Irene, Link))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:34:21 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: September 07, 2014, 02:54:23 pm »

John headed back to the balcony where the entity is sitting.  He took the other chair by the table.  He waited a few seconds then spoke.

"Not bad.  I notice some of the stuff from where I came in moved here; looks like I officially moved in."

He paused again.

"So what's your job here?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: September 07, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »

Look around the place.

Yep, definitely not Urbania
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: September 07, 2014, 03:39:48 pm »

"Sausage! The ultimate need-to-know-basis food. Well-chosen, I must say."

Breakfast at Drake's!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: September 07, 2014, 05:34:40 pm »

((I actually did check there to make sure :P before this))

"Good day to you."
"Are you... feeling well?"
Theri blinked twice more before upturning her right hand, feeling the ground with the back of her wrist. Turning towards River, she smiled, before getting back up to hug him.

"I'm half well confused, but yes I'm alright. I think I disconnected twice? With the first being nearly a vague memory than what I remember."

She looked at the sparrows before continuing.

"Did-...it work though? Is Awena alright? What happened back there? And where are the others?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: September 07, 2014, 06:15:57 pm »

((Oh no, no need. I'll just actually start reading the others' turns.))

Alan looks at the person in front of him.

Well, hello there! D'you have any ice packs? I've hit my head rather hard.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: September 07, 2014, 11:31:05 pm »

<It is...>
She lets the sentence drag on, as if she is considering it, but she never completes it.
"I failed. I failed, didn't I?"
<You... could had done better. But you did not fail. Not completely>
There seem to be tiny holes near the cracks on the crystals. There are also a few scorch marks on the floating island holding your portal, as well as on some of the walls of the cavern.
I hesitate for a moment, trying to observe the tone that Scion is using. These were signs that Zechariah was all too accustomed to already, so something real sinister must be up now.
"Why are you not insulting me or telling me that I'm a failure? What happened and why does this room look like a battle just took place?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: September 08, 2014, 06:48:50 am »

Definitely not drunk enough. Drink more.
And give the strange man an icepack.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2348 on: September 08, 2014, 08:06:43 am »

await my awakening

((My tails are based on my age btw, 1 base + 1/50 years. max age 1000+-100, (meaning max tails is 19-23) Irene started the game at 130 (putting her in the 100-149 bracket of 3 tails) but I don't know if there's accelerated aging going on, and your last post indicated that my perception of time is distorted.))
((Wait, I thought the legend was they had up to nine tails?  But yes, given your character description, more than 9 makes sense. Anyway, there is no need for that to come into effect yet.

And yes, it is indeed Irine. Despite the fact that you have used that spelling many times before, I only just noticed it now. I think I did the same thing with DAF's character, calling him Zachariah instead of Zechariah for about half a mission, until I noticed the difference in spelling. It's just that my mind seems to prefer one spelling over the other, so I unconsciously use that. Sorry. I'll try to use the spelling you prefer from now on.))

You wake up.

You are back in your personal section of the staging area, the network of caverns and tunnels that resemble your home. You're currently in human form, lying with your back against the wall of a tunnel. The tunnel is connected to the chamber containing the magma pool, which in turn is connected to the chamber containing your portal.

You think you can hear someone talking somewhere further away, in the direction of the magma chamber.

You can feel something on your ear. Should you choose to investigate it, you will discover it is the flower with the fire-coloured petals given to you by Theri before the start of the previous mission.

John headed back to the balcony where the entity is sitting.  He took the other chair by the table.  He waited a few seconds then spoke.

"Not bad.  I notice some of the stuff from where I came in moved here; looks like I officially moved in."

He paused again.

As you sit down, he snaps his fingers and an empty cup appears on the table in front of you after a small burst of darkness.
"Oh, yes. Since you claimed it, it's yours now. No one else may enter unless you let them. Except for him of course."
You suppose that he can be here then because this counts as outside the Lancaster Manor.
"If me being here bothers you, just say the word and I'll be on my way." he adds with a flick of his hand that sends a ball of shadowfire flying away from the balcony. The ball sails over the heads of the people standing in the plaza below before it dissipates.
"Well, my job here, if you could call it a job, is mostly coordinating this thing, making suggestions, making sure everything is working well." he says with a tone of voice that indicates he's smiling, even though his face is nothing but swirling shadow flying upwards and dissipating like fire.
"Even though all of our kind is supposed to be equal here, my power, my seniority and the fact that I created this place give me a rank of... well, let's say 'primus inter pares'. First among equals."

Look around the place.

Yep, definitely not Urbania
Looking for anything in particular? Or just going to random places. If you're going to random places, I'll just have you enter the inn.

((Oh no, no need. I'll just actually start reading the others' turns.))

Alan looks at the person in front of him.

Well, hello there! D'you have any ice packs? I've hit my head rather hard.
Definitely not drunk enough. Drink more.
And give the strange man an icepack.

You drink the rest of the bottle and throw it away.
The crow throws its ball of lightning at the bottle, causing it to disintegrate into blue sparks.
"Give a hoot, don't pollute!" he says and starts creating a new ball of lightning.
"Or 'a caw' in my case." he adds and caws a couple of times while bobbing its head up and down.

You're starting to feel a bit lightheaded.

You summon an ice pack and hand it over to the man that fell from the sky.

"Sausage! The ultimate need-to-know-basis food. Well-chosen, I must say."

Breakfast at Drake's!
"Well then, let me just finish making this omelet and I'll come service you." he replies.
He looks at you seriously for half a second before he breaks into laughter over his own joke.
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I know I'm terrible but I couldn't resist."
He breaks a few eggs and empties their content to the pan.
"Need anything else? I bet I could find something that doesn't have alcohol in it if I search around."
In a rather unconventional manner, he scrambles the eggs after having put them in the pan.
"Guess I could just summon something, but I thought I should try to remain consistent with the theme of the place."

((I actually did check there to make sure :P before this))

"Good day to you."
"Are you... feeling well?"
Theri blinked twice more before upturning her right hand, feeling the ground with the back of her wrist. Turning towards River, she smiled, before getting back up to hug him.

"I'm half well confused, but yes I'm alright. I think I disconnected twice? With the first being nearly a vague memory than what I remember."

She looked at the sparrows before continuing.

"Did-...it work though? Is Awena alright? What happened back there? And where are the others?"
You can see a brief look of worry in his face, changing into confusion as you smile.
It takes him awhile to react to your hug, his body remaining tense for a few seconds before he relaxes and raises his right hand to stroke your back.
"Oh. From what I saw, everything turned out fine in the end." he says relieved.
"If you want to learn more, you'll have to speak to Irine. I can't access that world anymore."
He raises his other hand to point at the building visible behind the treetops and at a small path made of stone blocks leading to that direction.
"Most of the others are down in the town. Would you like to go there? Or would you like me to send a message to Irine?"

<It is...>
She lets the sentence drag on, as if she is considering it, but she never completes it.
"I failed. I failed, didn't I?"
<You... could had done better. But you did not fail. Not completely>
There seem to be tiny holes near the cracks on the crystals. There are also a few scorch marks on the floating island holding your portal, as well as on some of the walls of the cavern.
I hesitate for a moment, trying to observe the tone that Scion is using. These were signs that Zechariah was all too accustomed to already, so something real sinister must be up now.
"Why are you not insulting me or telling me that I'm a failure? What happened and why does this room look like a battle just took place?
<Nothing you should be concerned about.> she says quietly and with a hint of anger.
As she finishes her sentence, the damage begins being repaired. Soon it will be like nothing ever happened.
<And I did not insult you. What I said was the truth and I do not regret it.> he adds more loudly. <Not to mention that you just lost an enormous opportunity for me to gain more power!>

<Still... there was something... that was pointed out to me.> she continues a bit more quietly, the crystals emitting sparks in tune with her voice.

Hey! Listen!
I currently count 4 requests for a high fantasy campaign mission (DAF,Tiruin,Lenglon,Harry Baldman). Since I'd like 6 players if I'm going to start one, anyone who wants one to happen now (and not, say, after the next mission) should say so now.

Else, you can volunteer later and I can start finalizing the Survival mission now.
I am guessing from everyone's response that you want the Criminal one and not one I will design based on your requests, correct?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: September 08, 2014, 08:34:32 am »

carefully remove and set aside the flower, then change into hybrid form, then put it back in place before going towards where I'm hearing voices.
"Stellar? could you tell me if there is anything weird about this flower? or is it just a pretty flower?"
take advantage of the nature of this place to be hearing what is being said over there clearly, and to not have my voice travel to anyone but Stellar.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: September 08, 2014, 08:49:24 am »

John nodded at the shadow entity.  "Huh.  So you're the coordinator; fair enough."

John looked out into the town he had made that was quickly becoming a gathering point.  Fine by him.  "I don't mind if you drop by; not like I could really stop you, I guess.  You mke the whole business or just this part of it?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 08, 2014, 09:12:13 am »

"Hm, I prefer to build up more of an innuendo train, myself, but rather nice work there! Anyhow, got some milk? From a goat, preferably, to keep with the theme. Or kefir if you've got any, that'll work nicely as well."

Continue breakfast.

EDIT: ((Also, if that's not apparent already, High Fantasy for me! Although I wouldn't have anything against Survival, either.))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:35:12 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 08, 2014, 11:13:49 am »

Yeah, a high fantasy thing would be pretty cool to do. I'm good with the prospect.

Yay thanks! Here, have a sofa in thanks!

Fire a sofa out of my hand at the guy, forgetting about the frailty of human bodies!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 08, 2014, 11:25:44 am »

((Oh yeah, meant to say that I'd be good with either.  John's power is a bit out of line with high fantasy (and Survival is more up his alley anyway) but I'll be in for pretty much anything.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 08, 2014, 11:27:05 am »

( I'll head off to the fantasy campaign, I think that sounds cool. Another dose of wierd before my guy gets to familiar stuff would be cool. So that makes 7.)

I will now retreat to the inn, a bit too odd for me right now.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 521