Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126356 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: No One Could Survive That
« Reply #2265 on: August 19, 2014, 09:53:00 am »

((EDIT: Just remembered that you said you had some sort of eye surgery or something? So I spoilered the normal text and put it in code so as not to strain your eyes, since my colour choices for their speech are not that good.))

LASIK to fix nearsightedness.  Recovery is surprisingly fast; I could drive the next day.  I'm good for reading forums, though I do appreciate the gesture.

John nodded slowly.  "Fair enough, I guess.  I take it us "guests" have no real say in it?*  Not that I blame you, really."

This area needs some more tasteful decoration.  How about a nice decorative fountain?  Maybe a lovely stone path.

((*IC, not OOC))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: August 19, 2014, 12:07:47 pm »

My host's fate lies in the hands of other people.
Please, do not fail me now, Fortune.

>_
No influence.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: August 19, 2014, 12:11:10 pm »

Umm, what was that noise, nevermind that, time to mess up a Haz. "You done it now, betta run, 'for I turn ya to toothpaste, and brush my teeth with ya!"

Begin walking towards NAV, and get ready to beat him to a pulp.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: August 19, 2014, 02:14:25 pm »

((Ah copyright, you loveable scamp you. It was gonna show the part where he does the flying down hand of destruction bit.))

Summon a tiny umbrella to protect me from the rubble, Looney-Tunes style.
Alan isn't thinking clearly right now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: August 19, 2014, 03:19:05 pm »

<Irene I need to listen to me and listen well. This is the attacker. Some kind of government...warrior of some sort. See my thoughts. Feel my sight. The attacker is mortal. Bleeding. Seemingly under a shell made of metal. I am unsure if it's human.>

Theri had no term to describe the creature--it was out of her nightmares, yes, but it also had the symbolisms of the technology she had grasped from the gunmen, Boris and that hammer looking L that Irene held earlier.

<Knowing my position to him and what...I'm armed with, it will not be enough. Does our bracelets say anything? Timer? I do not want to leave my host in this precarious situation.

I-...you're alone there. We cannot leave you!
>

A torrent of thought came with the senses.

<Amelia. Zoe. Isn't there anything I can do?>

River? Awena? Spirits?

Quick action: Look around; examine surroundings. Anything I can use? Distance and structure of the area around me?
I think I'll need a map :x

<May I borrow your voice, Awena? The pain is much, but we can bear it. You can bear it.>
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:51:41 pm by Tiruin »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: August 19, 2014, 04:21:48 pm »

Irene
To Theri: <Theri, it doesn't matter what it is. We have whatever weapons we have, and we have to make due as best we can. it blinded Zoe. Can you help me aim my flames?>
Scatter my flames into a swam as planned, and scatter them into a wide pattern attempting to hunt down Zoe's attacker. Assume that since I heard no screams my initial attack missed. If Theri gives me information about Zoe's attacker's location, use it to refine my aim and attacks. If I have a choice, I want to blind him with flames on his face or otherwise blocking his field of view.

Zoe
If it is remotely within my power, you are going to make it through this Zoe. You will survive. Amelia will survive. You've been through pain and hardship before. You know what you're doing. Together, we will make it through this.
wordlessly help bolster Zoe's will, keeping her alert and combat-ready.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:01:56 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: August 19, 2014, 04:56:04 pm »

Crazy PM actions!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: August 19, 2014, 05:00:19 pm »

((*sigh* @ yet another turn of PMs with no flavor or... well, anything interesting. are you honestly worried that I'll change my post after you make yours? I don't operate like that.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:44 pm »

((*sigh* @ yet another turn of PMs with no flavor or... well, anything interesting. are you honestly worried that I'll change my post after you make yours? I don't operate like that.))

((Nah, I've just fallen into a pattern I'm unwilling to break. That's what I do. I follow patterns.

Besides, I've only got my entity to talk to right now, given that I've killed off or incapacitated the rest of my team, and Ike's a bit focused on the task ahead right now, so you're not exactly missing much. It'd basically be just a bold statement anyway.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 05:12:22 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: August 19, 2014, 05:15:31 pm »

To Theri: <Theri, it doesn't matter what it is. We have whatever weapons we have, and we have to make due as best we can. it blinded Zoe. Can you help me aim my flames?>
((I distinctly remember it was Irene :P))
<I will try to give as best a rendition as I can.>
Engage in inter-thought communications. Be the spotter to our sniper. ;3

Also hug Awena. Its the thought that matters.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: August 19, 2014, 06:02:20 pm »

>.>
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:48:03 pm by Lenglon »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 21, 2014, 01:40:36 pm »

"You are much less intimidating than a giant robot. I will kill you with this mug.
Violet, please turn the safety mode off.
"

Begin circling around the Gene. get a better look at his tattoos and what they depict.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 21, 2014, 09:14:21 pm »

>.>
((Sorry, it's not you, it's me.  :-\ :'( ))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 21, 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

((Sorry, it's not you, it's me.  :-\ :'( ))
((But it was me! I was just slipping a sneaky edit in to fix it!))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2279 on: August 23, 2014, 09:31:15 pm »

John nodded slowly.  "Fair enough, I guess.  I take it us "guests" have no real say in it?*  Not that I blame you, really."

This area needs some more tasteful decoration.  How about a nice decorative fountain?  Maybe a lovely stone path.

((*IC, not OOC))

You start creating a stone path, dark grey rock blocks of differing sizes rising from inside the dirt. At the same time, any shrubs or grass around it wither and crumble to dust.

"Well, no, you can't vote or veto or anything. But there's nothing stopping you from making a suggestion to one of us. Or all of us. You can suggest anything you want. If there isn't a world available that can offer what you want, it can probably be created."

The path is some distance away from you. It winds through the pines and various other conifers in the area, its general direction perpendicular to that of the stream.

"And if you really don't want to participate in a challenge, you could forfeit. Although I think he might not be so thrilled about that."

Many stone blocks fly out of the ground and start forming a bridge where the path meets the stream. Its a very simple thing, just an arch connecting the two sides, with a small stone barrier on its sides to keep people from falling. Kinda looks like those bridges the Romans used to build. The moment the bridge is constructed, moss starts to grow in the gaps between its building blocks. Its colour changes, making it appear aged, as if it had always been there.

"Why? Do you have something in mind? Some challenge you'd like to see or find yourself in? Some old score you wish to settle or someone you want to help?" he asks curiously.

"Or is there perhaps something you dread to find yourself in?" he adds with a more sinister tone

A small distance away from you, the path splits into a circle before continuing. From the dirt in the middle of the circle rises a fountain made of light grey marble. It depicts a cloaked, slightly feminine figure, with only smooth curved stone for a face. In her left arm she cradles an oversized horn, through which water flows, while her right is extended, her hand open, as if she is demanding something. A curved knife hangs from her belt.
Her bare feet rest on a small circular basin, in which the water gathers before overflowing to another, larger one. The basin she stands on rests on three different beasts that are facing each other. A canine that most closely resembles a Northwestern wolf, a large feline creature that looks kinda like a puma and a large bird that is similar to nothing you've ever seen before, except perhaps for mythical creatures. All three look like they are ready to fight, showing their teeth or claws, their fur or feathers standing upright.
There are more detailed carvings surrounding a wavy line that goes around the base of the fountain, but you can't see them clearly from here.

"Nice. Although it seems a bit empty to me." he comments.
"The path. The fountain. It's like someone started building a village, made the road leading to it and the town square, but forgot to finish the rest of it." he adds a few seconds later and takes flight towards the fountain.

"You are much less intimidating than a giant robot. I will kill you with this mug.
Violet, please turn the safety mode off.
"

Begin circling around the Gene. get a better look at his tattoos and what they depict.
<Sure thing, cup killer. Just try not to get hurt too much. What do you say boy, you're up for a little death-match?>
"What?!‽ No! I just want them to be nice to each other."

((Note: I was given no info on this by Salsacookies. I am making this stuff up.))

You ready your battle mug and begin circling around the man like a shark ready to strike. He wears a simple pair of pants and a pair of shoes and nothing else, allowing you to clearly see all of his tattoos. Or at least most of them. Some people do tattoos in the craziest of places.

He has a tattoo of a black G on the right side of his chest, framed by the outline of a stylized chromosome forming an X-like shape behind it. On his back he has a larger tattoo that spells "GeneS", with the Sigma being the stylized double strand of DNA. On lower left arm he has what looks like a karyogram, although all 31 chromosomes it depicts have one of 5 shapes, some appearing more frequently than others. Along the length of his entire right arm, including his hand, are tattoos of bones that make it look like his bones are visible beneath his flesh,

Umm, what was that noise, nevermind that, time to mess up a Haz. "You done it now, betta run, 'for I turn ya to toothpaste, and brush my teeth with ya!"

Begin walking towards NAV, and get ready to beat him to a pulp.
You watch the masked man as he walks around you, looking at you, mug still in hand. You let him have his look. You use that time to mentally prepare for attack. When you feel ready, you start walking towards him, your relaxed stance masking your intent.

((Ah copyright, you loveable scamp you. It was gonna show the part where he does the flying down hand of destruction bit.))

Summon a tiny umbrella to protect me from the rubble, Looney-Tunes style.
Alan isn't thinking clearly right now.

You launch a couple of dozen umbrellas from your hand.
You do your best impression of Wile E Coyote while holding the tiniest one you could find above your head. Thankfully, the ceiling is already damaged enough that no part of it is in danger of hitting you while falling. Still you can't shake that feeling that something horrible and terribly unlucky is going to happen to you, like always.

And there's that whistling sound of something falling. You've been hearing it for a while now. It's so annoying... What could possibly be doing that? And why is it taking so long to fall?
You remove the umbrella and use your hand to shield your eyes from the sun as you search for the source of the noise. Oh, there it is. Just a couch falling towards you.
Appeased by that knowledge, you replace the umbrella above your head, smiling contently.

Waaait a seco-*thump*

My host's fate lies in the hands of other people.
Please, do not fail me now, Fortune.

>_
No influence.

A few seconds pass during which nothing is heard from the phone's speaker except muffled noises.
"Where are you?" a question comes abruptly.
That... sounds like a perfectly reasonable question. Where is he? Why had he not thought of that before?
"The Old Town. An alley. Near a crashed ambulance."
"That's really helpful." the woman replies sarcastically. "You want us to start searching around town for-"
"Somewhere near an old hotel or-"
There's a burst of static on the line.
"Hello? Can you hear me?"
You can hear the man in the other room cursing loudly.

<I will try to give as best a rendition as I can.>
Engage in inter-thought communications. Be the spotter to our sniper. ;3

Also hug Awena. Its the thought that matters.

You peek around the corner and watch the action unfold, trying to relay it to Irene as best you can.
Irene
To Theri: <Theri, it doesn't matter what it is. We have whatever weapons we have, and we have to make due as best we can. It blinded Zoe. Can you help me aim my flames?>
Scatter my flames into a swam as planned, and scatter them into a wide pattern attempting to hunt down Zoe's attacker. Assume that since I heard no screams my initial attack missed. If Theri gives me information about Zoe's attacker's location, use it to refine my aim and attacks. If I have a choice, I want to blind him with flames on his face or otherwise blocking his field of view.

Zoe
If it is remotely within my power, you are going to make it through this Zoe. You will survive. Amelia will survive. You've been through pain and hardship before. You know what you're doing. Together, we will make it through this.
wordlessly help bolster Zoe's will, keeping her alert and combat-ready.
It is slightly disorienting, using your power through the eyes of another. But you have no time to get used to it. Your attacker (who you can see clearly now) is rapidly approaching your location. You deform and compress your flames experimentally as a way to adjust. Not as much left as you'd like.

You launch another attack, splitting your flames into two and then throwing them at his face. He dodges the first and headbuts the second with his metal helmet, pushing it out of the grasp of your telekinetic field. The move surprises you and you do not manage to catch the flames before they dissipate.
Your attacker seems equally surprised when you hit him from behind with the attack he dodged, twisting it and pushing it righht back to his head and under his helmet.
You must have caused heavy damage to him before the flames in his helmet dissipated and yet in a display of superhuman endurancem, he keeps walking forward,stumbling, using the debris as handholds. Almost upon you now. Just another step and he'll see you.

Zoe keeps crawling forward. She looks behind her. She's loosing too much blood. She can't go on. She's dizzy, deaf. She rests her head on the cold concrete floor and closes her eyes, the dizziness making her feel like her head is spinning. She's facing things so much bigger, so much more powerful than her.
I need more time. Amelia...
Her breathing grows shallower and shallower until it stops completely.

OOC
I was very sick and very tired while writing that last part. Still am. Sorry for any mistakes or low quality.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 521