Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126995 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Core of the Problem
« Reply #2190 on: July 20, 2014, 02:15:34 am »

"Huh. Interesting!"

Time to get in on this hot PM action!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: July 20, 2014, 02:29:23 am »

((I'm a little curious what the reactions of the various entities in the Staging area are to the events of the mission.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: July 20, 2014, 02:48:33 am »

Alan surveys himself, then decides to try something out of TV.

YOU FOOL! THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!

Perform DBZ-style transformation into a slightly pudgier guy wearing an apron now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: July 20, 2014, 06:46:15 am »

Turn into a very large centipede, and curl up into a circle. A flat plane, not a sphere. Maneuver towards the wall opposite from the direction the tunnel heads next, and twist around so that I will roll down the slope, and transfer my down momentum into sidewards momentum. Then continue rolling after my entity, continuously growing as I do so.

I'm gonna be without Internet for a week. Please put my character into standby until I return.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: July 20, 2014, 12:51:05 pm »

Ngh, got to keep going.
Another PM
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: July 20, 2014, 03:43:38 pm »

Get into the fire-escape door. Look for a phone and use it if there is one. If not, go inside a bit more and try some more doors until I find a phone.

Ah, my host's life depends on a simple, common object in most households. At least, in my previous world, it was.
I hope that's the same case here. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: July 21, 2014, 12:22:41 am »

Get into the fire-escape door. Look for a phone and use it if there is one. If not, go inside a bit more and try some more doors until I find a phone.

Ah, my host's life depends on a simple, common object in most households. At least, in my previous world, it was.

((Hey look a situation Alan would be really handy for.))
Sig! Onol

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: July 21, 2014, 05:40:55 pm »

((Curse you, circumstances!))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2198 on: July 21, 2014, 09:24:31 pm »

((I'll wait a bit for Tiruin to post, unless someone has permission to post in her place, because her action might be important and I don't want to make a decision for her, out of fear I might accidentally use the information I have to aid either side.

I'll also be studying for some exams until the end of next week, so I might not be able to make a turn.))

"The mask stays on."

Tsar mask. Aim to strike her in the head with the enlargening filter part. Also repair the cracked lens for no reason.
Stab her repeatedly with an untsared knife if I can.

((There is no way this action can go wrong. None at all.))
In your panic, you pour everything you got in your mask, hoping it will protect you. The mask grows in less than a second into... well, you can't really see it, given that it's on your face. But it is now no longer only on your face. You can also feel it on your chest. And it is now fifty times as heavy. You can barely move your head. That and the fact that the goggles have become a bit smaller isn't good for your awareness of your surroundings. Not to mention that it has gotten a bit harder to breathe.
You hear a pained groan as it grows, but the weight of your opponent is not removed from your body.

"Aww, come on... Don't be like that!" you hear her muffled complaints and grunts as she tugs on your mask. You can see her face above yours. She seems to be back to enjoying this, although it's clear she's tired and not doing very well.
"I just want to see your face, I promise."
Meanwhile, your free hand frantically searches for your dropped knife. Just as you begin to feel she's finally making some progress, you touch something cold and quickly grab it tightly before your hand's momentum can push it away, cutting yourself in the palm in the process. But that's the least of your concerns right now.

You twist the knife so that you hold it by the handle and use it to stab towards where you feel her weight. The knife encounters resistance and then stops, there's a sound between a gasp and a grunt, you feel your hand getting wet. You pull the knife out and stab again. And again.

The third stab is intercepted by her hand.
"You...!" she growls as she twists your arm. "Stay..!" She keeps growling and grunting as she uses her other hand to try and take the knife from you. You struggle for a while but she manages to overpower you. "DOWN...!" She stabs you in the palm with it, pinning it to the ground. The pain is not insignificant but you manage to not let it cloud your mind, for now. That hand will have trouble grabbing anything, though.

You feel her weight finally getting off you.

Alan surveys himself, then decides to try something out of TV.

Perform DBZ-style transformation into a slightly pudgier guy wearing an apron now.
You close your eyes and begin shaking, your fat jiggling.

"What's going on?" a judge reluctantly breaks the silence after a dozen seconds or so. Others follow him.
"Was something supposed to happen?"
"What did he think that would do?"
"Silence!" says the chief-chef and the rest oblige.
"If the defendant has nothing to say for himself but nonsense, then I have no choice but to find him in contempt and declare- Huh?"

Your shaking continues to intensify. When suddenly, there's a flash of light. You are surrounded by a yellowish light and wind begins to blow away from you.
"NO! This CANNOT be!"
You start screaming and don't stop. You begin getting larger and taller, your fat multiplying. And you grow patches of thinning greasy hair on your scalp that stand upwards in a poor attempt at making them spiky.
A great and drawn out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" joins your screaming as lightning begins to strike nearby objects. And then, there's an explosion of light.

When the dust clears, only you are left standing.
You are in a crater in the centre of the now destroyed kitchen, fatman sayen, the bane of all chefs.
The judges begin to stir and get up from wherever the blast has scattered them.

((Yes, I know chief and chef mean the same thing.))

Turn into a very large centipede, and curl up into a circle. A flat plane, not a sphere. Maneuver towards the wall opposite from the direction the tunnel heads next, and twist around so that I will roll down the slope, and transfer my down momentum into sidewards momentum. Then continue rolling after my entity, continuously growing as I do so.

I'm gonna be without Internet for a week. Please put my character into standby until I return.
Your trick works... sort of. But only because touching the wall slows you down enough that you can turn without getting crushed. There are more twists and turns ahead (which you roll through easily), until the tunnel becomes a straight line again, now moving horizontally. But you're running out of momentum. This isn't the fastest means of locomotion, after all.

"When in my beauty their eyes shower~"
Your entity begins flashing with blue light, each flash brighter than the last. You can see more turns coming up ahead.

=============================>===================o

OOC
Look what I made, a TV Tropes page! Come add tropes to it.
Oh, what sad times are these when even passing ruffians can have a TVTropes page for their RTD.

Seriously though, thanks, that means a lot. I'll add it to Reply #1 and my sigtext.

Maybe I'll even add a few Tropes, if I have the time.

((I'm a little curious what the reactions of the various entities in the Staging area are to the events of the mission.))
Well, you can always ask when you get back. Some of them are very talkative, if you get them talking. Some might not even lie.

Thanks for that question, by the way. Because I know almost everything about them, they seem very transparent to me, rarely surprise me. That helped remind me that others don't see it like that.

Interested in anybody in particular or just learning more about their character in general?

Yeah, especially with that upgrade you chose for Mission 1.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:26:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: July 21, 2014, 09:58:09 pm »

HMM. I BETTER FIND AN ADVERSARY TO YELL AT AND POWER UP FURTHER.

Begin searching for a rival!
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: July 22, 2014, 02:51:37 am »

((I especially want to know what Charles, Stellar, and Roger think, but the general reactions of the rest are also interesting to me.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: July 23, 2014, 12:11:29 pm »

"Ow."
Untsar mask, get up, avoid any desperate attacks she makes. She has to bleed to death soon.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: July 23, 2014, 09:33:56 pm »

Um..um...PM! :-X

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2203 on: July 24, 2014, 06:26:24 pm »

Uh, I got nothing from you. Maybe it didn't get sent?
If you have any questions, just ask, here or in PM.

((I especially want to know what Charles, Stellar, and Roger think, but the general reactions of the rest are also interesting to me.))
[3]
What's different about him since last mission?

"Ow."
Untsar mask, get up, avoid any desperate attacks she makes. She has to bleed to death soon.
You untsar the mask. A weight is immediately lifted off your chest and it gets easier to breathe. Next you pull the knife embedded in your palm out of the dirt, slowly, so as to not further hurt yourself. With both hands injured, getting up is slightly more difficult. Every time you take a breath, every time you move, you feel the needle embedded in your chest moving around, stinging you. Every time you instinctively try to move either of your arms or bend your chest, they hurt, especially the one with the hooks in it.

You get up and look around. A few drops of blood on the ground next to you form a trail of sparse blood stains on the dirt, that lead your eyes to your opponent. She is lying with her back against a nearby tree, her black shirt soaked with blood around the multiple stab wounds on her side. Her eyes are closed and her chest is very slowly rising and falling. As you watch, her tattoos stop producing light and the weapons on your arms do the same, while her hair stop floating, some strands falling in front of her face.

HMM. I BETTER FIND AN ADVERSARY TO YELL AT AND POWER UP FURTHER.

Begin searching for a rival!
You begin walking away, ready to look for adventure and-
"NOT SO SOON!" a voice booms from behind you.
You turn to see Master Chief Chef standing up. His face and body is ripped and crushed in places, showing something red and black behind it.
"Prepare to witness... my TRUE FORM!"
He brings his hands to his face and begins pulling, removing the skin to reveal something else underneath. It looks like... giant pyramid-shaped pieces of liver, merged and assembled into a tall stick figure, still bleeding dark semi-coagulated blood. One of its hands is roughly in the shape of a gavel.
It reaches down, picks up one of the chef's helmets lying on the floor and affixes it on the top of its "head".
It then begins laughing maniacally, revealing a black rhombus-shaped gap on its face that you suppose is its mouth-equivalent in the process.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 06:29:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: July 24, 2014, 10:39:02 pm »

Uh, I got nothing from you. Maybe it didn't get sent?
If you have any questions, just ask, here or in PM.
...My PMs seem to be disappearing lately.
I'm being intercepted by owls! D:

I'll just post it here. :x

I see some influence on Zoe's side...maybe its my friend?

<River, what does that mean? *pertaining to the interface*>

<Irene! Time is nearing the end. If there's anyway we can forestall anyone from hurting Amelia or otherwise, now would be a good time for planning! This room--and the machinery anyway--must not be damaged! Is there anyway I can render aid?>

Awena, I'm trying to contact my friend on Zoe's side. She seems perturbed. Are you feeling alright?

Converse!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:15:07 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 521