Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126942 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Core of the Problem
« Reply #2085 on: June 23, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »

Pull away from it until the transformation is fully done, then suddenly rocket backwards, stabbing it with massive porcupine needles.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: June 23, 2014, 04:32:05 pm »

"Guess I'm going to need another push."
Try to get up onto a piece of furniture and jump onto the sphere to climb up towards the target.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2087 on: June 23, 2014, 07:48:08 pm »

((Got nostalgic. Have some music. Semi-relevant, if you're into RTS games, Petroglyph is making a new one that looks fun: Grey Goo))

"Guess I'm going to need another push."
Try to get up onto a piece of furniture and jump onto the sphere to climb up towards the target.
Your jump on a nearby pile of broken furniture (looks like half a door laying on some kind of counter, forming a ramp) and try to jump on top of the sphere. You almost make it, but you can't quite reach the top. You use your spear (it embeds itself in it with surprising ease, cutting through the material like butter) and your legs to latch onto the sphere (seeing as your other arm is broken and you can't use it to hold on). You're about to try climbing it when you notice your target moving, trying to slip past you and get away. You're not going to let it do that.

You groan and jump towards it. Realising what's going on, it turns to face you, but can't do much to stop you. You can't reorient your spear in time for you to hit it, but you manage to land on it, pinning it down.

You're face to face now, you can feel its body under yours, cold metal and plastic wires mixed with warm flesh, you can see its face, with a surprisingly human mouth yet lacking any eyes, only smooth plastic and metal in the upper portion of its face.
But face to face is hardly the optimal range to be in when using a spear as a weapon.

Gah, those entities, are they completely stupid? Why did it have to be a spear? Why couldn't it be a knife?

You can hear the buzz of a jetpack's engines behind you.

It'll have to do.

Jetpack straight for the sphere, and prepare to stabby stabby.
Death by bleeding postponed for another minute, you fly onwards to your objective, through the hole in the façade of the building in front of you and inside its ruined interior.

When you reach it, said objective seems to be lying under Jordan, at least for the moment.

It's a strange thing when you look at it with your multivision helmet. It seems to have been human sometime in the past, female judging by the bone structure, but now it is a mix of flesh and machine, much of its limbs and some of its organs replaced by synthetic counterparts. The only skin remaining on her is near her mouth and upper torso (probably because with a cursory scan, it looks like the synthetic replacements that were meant to provide nutrition have not been completely implanted yet), the rest of her face (but not her brain) having been replaced by a metal and plastic helmet-like thing, multiple cameras hiding beneath a smooth sheet of sturdy plastic, while the rest of her limbs have been replaced by robotic prosthetics, the rest of her torso covered in armour and wires going into her skin.

So, now, what do you do?

Elsewhere...

"Nice tattoos. I'm thinking of getting some of my own."
Check what tools I have in my knives. Just the standard stuff?
"Do you know what I can do?"
Try to get a better look at her weapons.
"Lets fight."
Nikolai copies her fighting pose, and he also copies her smile, not that anyone can tell with his mask on.

For now don't attack, back up and try to avoid and dodge if she attacks.

((Is she one of the characters you used to test the system?))
((Sort of. She's got the stats of a simple test NPC but her appearance is based off of one of your entitiy's past acquaintances and the weapons I just came up with when you asked for a Swiss army knife while I was trying to think like your entity.))

"Nice tattoos. I'm thinking of getting some of my own."

Her grin gets even wider (something you didn't believe was quite possible) but she remains silent and continues slowly walking towards you, spinning her weapons while looking straight at the lenses of your gas mask. You don't give in to temptation to return the stare, but instead you focus on analysing her stance and her weapons, getting ready for her eventual attack.

Which proves fortuitous, since it allows you to notice her slightly twist her thumb and index finger on the rods, flipping a hidden switch. In response, light spreads from the rod to her arms, making her tattoos glow faintly with their respective colour, gold and red for fire and cool cyan for ice. The same faint coloured glow spreads from the wires to the ends of her weapons. When it reaches the end, each multitool flares brightly with its respective colour. The way she spins them around, she looks a lot like a fire poi dancer right now, getting ready for her deadly performance.

Maybe she liked your compliment?

You look at your own weapon of choice. Well, yours don't have any fancy lights or wires to spin them on. On the other hand, your two multitools combined have pretty much most common tools you could think of. Screwdriver/bottle opener, saw/file, compass, hook, corkscrew, mini-scissors, mini-pliers,... It's a bit surprising they managed to fit so much stuff on it while keeping it small and light, honestly. I mean, it doesn't have everything, but it has a lot.

On top of that, each has a knife that looks quite sharp and long (for something that can fit in your palm, anyway). You could cause some damage with the knives alone, either by stabbing or cutting something vital.

"Do you know what I can do?"
"I don't need to." she replies. Her accent sounds strange. She drags the vowels out, like she is unsure about which syllable comes next, while her non-human teeth make it difficult for her to pronounce consonants like D, T and F. Definitely not built for speaking English.

As for her weapons, even though she is not spinning them around very quickly, they are moving a bit too fast for you to make out any details, and any detail that you could catch is obscured by the glow of the implement. However, from what you remember from when she was first summoned, they both look a lot like normal Swiss army knives, only they're a bit bigger than the ones you have and a bit more angular. They're also grey and have small round lights embedded in them. But that's mostly cosmetic changes. On the tool part, your memory fails you. You remember they had fewer tools than yours and you remember some things about which tools they had (like that they both had knives and that one of them had what looked like a hook while another had something like a sewing needle) but not much else. And then there are those rods she's holding. It's obvious they have some sort of control mechanism in there, but you don't really know what it can do.

She is getting close to you now, dangerously close. She's spinning her weapons above her head now, a lot faster than before. You start slowly backing away while remaining ready to dodge her attack.
"Lets fight."
"Then stop running. Come on. I want to see you. Let's get that mask off, see your FACE!"
At the same time her voice rises, she jumps forward and extends both her arms, putting the ends of her weapons on a collision course with your head. You are ready and jump backwards, dodging the attack, but she doesn't relent, immediately taking a step forward and trying to hit you again, spinning one of her weapons upward and another downward like two maces, going for your head again. You fail to react in time, so you can only watch the two points of light nearly collide with each other in front of you, two small flying blades framed in orangered and cyan passing millimetres away from your face. Lucky for you, her follow-up attack wasn't that accurate so you only end up with your clothes getting slightly scratched in your torso.

She is now standing a couple of meters away from you, the red knife embedded in the dirt in front of you while the cyan is spinning upwards defensively at her side.
"You can jump."
Her face is a bit more tense now, her grin has become a smile, her eyes have stopped looking into yours and are now going all over your body, analysing you.
"Or you're lucky."
Her breathing is slightly quicker, causing her already slow speech to sound slower. Her face has already begun becoming flushed from the effort.
"But can you hit?"

Pull away from it until the transformation is fully done, then suddenly rocket backwards, stabbing it with massive porcupine needles.
You try to use your two remaining legs to pull away, but the thing keeps pulling at you like a giant bubblegum and growing more of itself around your legs. You feel it going under you, reaching for your front legs, when your transformation finally completes. You make an evil grin (well, as much as a porcupine-like thing like you can grin anyway) as you use your two front legs to jump, flipping backwards and landing with all your spikes on the creature. It feels like it's boiling under you as it screams and vibrates. It becomes slippery again and lets go of you as it retreats away from you to reform itself.
It stands opposite to you, small holes on its thin skin bleeding something cyan that looks more like heavy air than something liquid, for it hovers a bit above the ground and dissipates after a while. The holes are closing.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 07:55:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: June 23, 2014, 08:30:34 pm »

Keep attacking it with my spikes. In the meantime, grow a clublike tail, but keep it concealed for now.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: June 23, 2014, 08:50:32 pm »

((Mhhrrmmbll looks like Lenglon won't be there to post for me :-[))

World will be-...Awena, can you make any sense of this? River, can you? What freedom are they all talking about?

Theri pondered in her current form as a thought--it was pretty nice to be intangible yet existent.

Awena, what do you think about suggesting to the men to all form up in an area instead of spreading out? Lock down all doors, windows and possibly barricade the area so their employer can get everything ship-shape? Considering our current case, it seems things have died down. So that either means two things!

Either we're being attacked by sneakiness, which I doubt given the intensity of what just happened (ie That can't be just it.) or they've given up. Anyway, we need a search team to check the source. How's about suggesting that?

...Also how're you feeling? For now, I guess I know a bit regarding physical exertion and the reaction from the environment (ie Physical force). Probably want to browse a bit of my knowledge regarding that? Muscular exertion and the like as well as bodily kinesthetics and all. Have to modify the concept given that I mostly do that work with my tail but-...well, you get the idea. Kitsune-like and all.

Inquire! Also offer knowledge to host.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 08:54:27 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:04 pm »

What do I do?  I stab the feckin' thing!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: June 23, 2014, 11:20:21 pm »

Step on the red knife with a heavy boot.
"No one can hit harder."
Slash her ice arm with a knife and tsar it as its coming down. Tsar it at the last moment, hopefully she won't expect that and won't be able to avoid it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:48:24 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: June 24, 2014, 05:33:56 am »

Irine
-.-
I will do what must be done.

Zoe
Slowly walk over to Amelia, hold her hand, and tell her that she's going to be ok. Try to provide what emotional comfort I can for her, and show her that I'm there for her. It's all I can do for her right now. Keep an eye on the mad doc behind me, and don't let him go totally crazy and try to kill either of us.

Irine
Collect myself, and prepare for a mental fight for control / Boris moving in to attack hand-to-hand and me needing to immolate him as he tries (If this happens, I'll burn ALL my remaining flame generation charges in my counterattack, and I do remember that he is dangerously fast)
I've used this kind of power before, and I normally work with an immaterial force. I should be able to take Victor/Boris in a mental battle for control, to reshape this place as necessary.
In case I have to make a shaping attempt immediately: my goals are going to be to revive my host from mission 1, and to put Stellar in a position of control.

((Sorry! I didn't have the time to make one before now, else I would have!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2093 on: June 25, 2014, 07:09:05 pm »

<Get the feeling I should be moving along as quickly as possible, so...>

Shoot the guard as dead as reasonably possible. Then put down the brick of C4 in a place where it seems like it'll cause as much structural damage as possible, arm it, and move along downward. I do have a remote detonator, right?
It's actually a mix of timed and remote detonated. Flip a switch to activate, input detonation delay and frequency and then you can use the detonator to trigger it.

Staying close to the ground, you take out your machine pistol, take aim at the unsuspecting guard and pull the trigger. You empty about a third of your magazine on him and his surroundings, filling the back of your target full of bloody holes and the air with the rattle of your automatic pistol and the sound of bullets ricocheting. The man falls forward and out of the window.
<It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden lead poisoning in the beginning.>
Well, if that isn't "as dead as reasonably possible", you're not sure what is.

Before you even have a chance to turn around, bullets start flying towards you from below, as the entire room opens fire on your location. Most are off target or stopped by the metal catwalk, but few make it through. The two that hit you in the torso and arm, already slowed by going through the metal, can't even penetrate the first layer of your armour. However, one finds its way to your reinforced goggles. It doesn't get through, but it causes a small crack to form on them, simultaneously reminding you that you are not invincible.

You jump away from the area most of the shots seem to be directed towards, avoiding further hits. The full-auto shooting turns to small bursts and then stops altogether after a few seconds.
You can hear shouts coming from below.

Bryan
Ugh, that was worse than a screamer.  Screamers are like static, loud, annoying, and distracting when you're trying to do something, but this was disorienting...and larger.  Hope I don't have to deal with something quite like that again.

Faron
If I can climb to the roof without going into a room,try that.  Otherwise climb towards the room with the man and aim for a heavy blow to his head to incapacitate with a roll into cover.
Your host jumps, grabbing hold of a crack in the wall. He's about to reach out to grab the ledge near the window, when the guard standing there is riddled with bullets. Well, that's one less problem for you. The dead guard falls on your host, but he manages to maintain his balance and cling on the wall, barely. The initial sound of gunfire, coming from some kind of low calibre automatic weapon, is replaced by the sound of a large number of assault rifles and pistols firing.

Your host climbs the rest of the way up and hides behind the concrete between two windows. The shooting inside seems to have died down. For now.

Zechariah was annoyed by Scion's words, but he knew what she was doing. It was the same test Eido Aeterno put him to a few years back. He would not fall for the same traps.
Interface, Scion: <And what happens if I do not try to have him live? Artemis once told me a phrase: 'Laiku nāca un gāja, the time came and went.' What happened already has passed me by and cannot be retrieved. The best I can hope for is to correct my wrongdoings and have my host live. At the very least... I owe him that.>

He hated thinking about Artemis but, regardless of the damage he had done, Artemis had taught him a few good things. Maybe he could put some of those things to good use.

>If I cannot move anymore, simply get behind the dumpster and relinquish my control of the host, allowing him to rest. If I have a little bit of energy, continuing moving into a building. Secure it off as best as I can and then relinquish control.
<You!- you...> she begins saying something, her voice full of anger but then she stops and remains silent.

You feel like you could move, but you don't think it would be the best idea right now, so you simply hide and relinquish control. Your host just stands there for a few seconds, trying to catch his breath, but his mind is racing, trying to think of how he can get out of this one alive.

<You do that, then.> she hisses.

World will be-...Awena, can you make any sense of this? River, can you? What freedom are they all talking about?

Theri pondered in her current form as a thought--it was pretty nice to be intangible yet existent.

Awena, what do you think about suggesting to the men to all form up in an area instead of spreading out? Lock down all doors, windows and possibly barricade the area so their employer can get everything ship-shape? Considering our current case, it seems things have died down. So that either means two things!

Either we're being attacked by sneakiness, which I doubt given the intensity of what just happened (ie That can't be just it.) or they've given up. Anyway, we need a search team to check the source. How's about suggesting that?

...Also how're you feeling? For now, I guess I know a bit regarding physical exertion and the reaction from the environment (ie Physical force). Probably want to browse a bit of my knowledge regarding that? Muscular exertion and the like as well as bodily kinesthetics and all. Have to modify the concept given that I mostly do that work with my tail but-...well, you get the idea. Kitsune-like and all.

Inquire! Also offer knowledge to host.
<I... I'm not entirely sure. They probably believe they could use that girl you brought here to do something to "free the world". But I don't know what that may be or what the world needs to be freed from. They all seem perfectly fine to me. Well, for a group of outlaws, anyway.

In my experience, when humans->
His response is cut short by the sound of gunfire echoing across the large, mostly empty room. Your host watches in shock as the man looking outside the window on the first floor is shot several times from behind and then falls out of the window. She can't see where the shots are coming from, but the sound indicates it's somewhere from your left.
"They're up there on the left! Kill them!"
Almost immediately, most of the guards near you turn to aim their pistols and automatic rifles at the catwalk up on the left. They fire several shots blindly, some of them going through the metal floor, while others simply bounce off of it or hit the wall beneath it. After several shots, they stop firing.
"Are they dead?"
"Stay ready everyone!"
"Someone get eyes on them!"

Awena gets past her initial shock and hides behind a metal container. She was hoping this was over. The fact that it isn't makes her afraid again.
<The enemy has the high ground and hence the advantage. I suggest retreating and contacting your friend for help.>

Irine
-.-
I will do what must be done.

Zoe
Slowly walk over to Amelia, hold her hand, and tell her that she's going to be ok. Try to provide what emotional comfort I can for her, and show her that I'm there for her. It's all I can do for her right now. Keep an eye on the mad doc behind me, and don't let him go totally crazy and try to kill either of us.

Irine
Collect myself, and prepare for a mental fight for control / Boris moving in to attack hand-to-hand and me needing to immolate him as he tries (If this happens, I'll burn ALL my remaining flame generation charges in my counterattack, and I do remember that he is dangerously fast)
I've used this kind of power before, and I normally work with an immaterial force. I should be able to take Victor/Boris in a mental battle for control, to reshape this place as necessary.
In case I have to make a shaping attempt immediately: my goals are going to be to revive my host from mission 1, and to put Stellar in a position of control.

((Sorry! I didn't have the time to make one before now, else I would have!))
While you mentally prepare for battle, you subtly influence your host, nudging her to stay close to Amelia.
Zoe's thoughts are calmed, spurred by your influence. The fact that she can do nothing doesn't mean she has to stand idle. She can still show Amelia she cares.

She starts walking towards Amelia, putting the safety on her pistol and putting it in her pocket. She pauses briefly after a couple of steps. She takes a deep breath as she takes the final steps, crossing the threshold of the effect surrounding Amelia.

It's strangely quiet inside. There's only the almost infrasonic buzzing of the machines that surround you (plural) like a shell, with only two holes in them. The one you entered from and one for the crystal standing near her head on its flower-like cradle made of dark metal. The world outside looks darker and yet more colourful.
It also affects you (Irene) in some way. Feels like your mind getting tired, working slower. Like it's under pressure. Similar to a headache or a migraine, only without the pain. For some reason, you have the feeling that this pressure is alive.
It seems to have no effect on Zoe's mind.

Zoe stands over Amelia. She is still unconscious. Yet her face looks contorted, tense, strained. It's clear that even in her unconsciousness, whatever is going on here is causing her discomfort. She grabs her hand. It feels cold. Her pale arm is filled with red cracks where the blood vessels have collapsed. She squeezes it and leans, bringing her head close to Amelia's.
Zoe closes her eyes and whispers. "I'm here. Don't worry. I promised you."
She stays there for a few seconds, using her other hand to caress her forehead, removing a few strands of hair from it.
Amelia seems slightly less tense now and that is reflected on Zoe's mental state. Despite everything, feeling Amelia so close to her, it gives her hope, makes her fee like there's-

Her thoughts are interrupted by a hand grabbing her shoulder from behind.

Map of the area:

Spoiler: 1st Floor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ground Floor (click to show/hide)
Things not shown: the bridge crane at the top of the room (near its centre) and the controls for it at the top left corner of the first floor catwalk, the roof and its skylights, two dead guards on the catwalk on the right side of the room, one dead guard outside the entrance door, several small fires at the floor of the room, several guards taking cover near Tiruin.

Note: not to scale. This is just to give you a rough idea of your locations and layout of the room.

OOC
@Toaster: Sorry, I know you want to attack, but I got to give Fniff a chance to act first.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: June 25, 2014, 07:56:18 pm »

"If you're a BETA... then it's time for some fucking bugtesting."
Grab the robot's head and repeatedly slam it into the ground. Then try to get up as far as possible without falling off, then plunge the spear down into it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: June 25, 2014, 08:02:35 pm »

((Why is there a map? o_O))

The image of the wounded man crossed Theri's mind.

Awena, I suggest that you suggest to the men to spread out--whatever assailant that is here, he's still here. If they've got explosives and we're all bunched up...err, well that's obviously a bad thing. As in, spread out thoroughly. The image was so clear and vivid enough that the very idea of such utilizations of force via explosive origins fazed her. We should warn Zoe. Do you see anything there that could help? As in, given the direction of the shots and the wounds (sorry for bringing up the memory!) then...well, the general area where the killer is must be..above us? (It looked possible from below, too...) Well, my point is to suggest to the men. Your choice. No pressure? (Please don't take this as pressuring...)

...Or, perchance, is there anyway we could...err, sync vision? That's alright with you, right?

Suggest and talk!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2096 on: June 25, 2014, 08:19:30 pm »

Keep attacking it with my spikes. In the meantime, grow a clublike tail, but keep it concealed for now.
You both charge at each other, you running on your small legs while the thing simply rolls towards you.
At the same time, you begin growing a new tail that you keep hidden between your back legs.

As you get close to it, you roll into a ball. You can't see what happens next, but from the bump and rather satisfying scream that follows, you deduce that you managed to hit the creature.

You unfurl and look around. The thing is bleeding heavily and is currently retreating towards a nearby tree.

Step on the red knife with a heavy boot.
"No one can hit harder."
Slash her ice arm with a knife and tsar it as its coming down. Tsar it at the last moment, hopefully she won't expect that and won't be able to avoid it.
"No one can hit harder." you say your one-liner trying to look as badass as possible and step on her red knife before she has a chance to pull it out, at the same time bringing your knife down on her general direction and focusing on tsaring it.
You cough. "I said, 'No one can hit harder'." You say and make another slash. Nothing continues to happen.
"I swear, this has never happened to me before." you say while making a few more swings.
She laughs. Unlike her speech, her laugh sounds completely ordinary, the laugh of a normal human woman.
"Come on, you can do better than that!" she says when she's done laughing. "One more chance." she adds and begins spinning her remaining blue knife faster while crouching a bit more.

Ah, the classic 'friendly rifle' maneuver. Interesting.

Keep watching!
The lights go out, leaving the two men barely lit.
"Our friend turned off his light." says Steve.
"Antisocial." adds Dan. "We go in after him?" he asks and Steve simply nods in response.
The two men cock their weapons with ominous clicks and clacks and ensure they have a round loaded. It's a bit funny watching them trying to do that while holding their "scientific equipment" on their other hands and under their shoulders. You'd think they could just leave the things down. What are they afraid of, that whatever is in here started spouting radiation to lure scientists so that he could steal their equipment?
"We're coming in!" shouts Steve. "We don't want any trouble. But we're armed. In case you are."
With that, they start walking forward, towards the invisible source of the light, using their flashlights to look around. They keep walking until they reach a rock wall.
"Dead end!" observes Dan with surprise in his voice. "There's nothing here!"
"You saw that light."
"He couldn't had gotten past us, could he? We've covered every inch of these caverns and we've seen there's no one here."
Suddenly, the Geiger counter starts clicking again, accompanied by brass instruments playing quick sharp notes to create more tension.
Both men look at the device as it keeps clicking faster and faster until it makes an almost continuous sound. There's a sound like wind passing through the caverns. Both men point their weapon at the source of the sound, but there's nothing there.
"Let's get out of here!" says Steve, fear creeping in his voice.
"Oh, I'm with you!" agrees Dan, too eager to get out of here.
Our heroes have not taken two steps when suddenly the light returns again.
"Look!" exclaims Dan as he points off screen, at the source of the light with his rifle, fear obvious in his face.

((Why is there a map? o_O))
This is just to give you a rough idea of your locations and layout of the room.
I just did that in case you (plural) misunderstood something from the descriptions I was giving. Since I think people can more easily understand the layout of locations when they are drawn. Felt like it could help prevent misunderstandings in the future.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:22:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: June 25, 2014, 08:45:03 pm »

Time for the final part of my plan. Evolve massive wings that are also covered in bristles that have small, painful bits of poison stuck inside the stingers. If anything tries to grab my wings, they'll go into so much pain that they start twitching. Bask in the glory of this moment, and wait for my enemy to make the first move.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2098 on: June 25, 2014, 08:49:44 pm »

What do I do?  I stab the feckin' thing!
"If you're a BETA... then it's time for some fucking bugtesting."
Grab the robot's head and repeatedly slam it into the ground. Then try to get up as far as possible without falling off, then plunge the spear down into it.
Jordan grabs the robot (cyborg, if we want to be precise) by the head with one hand and slams it to the ground. And then again. And again, faster and faster until its plastic visor begins to crack and break. In response, the cyborg hits his broken arm and tries to push Jordan off of it, but he simply ignores the pain, perhaps too lost in his rage to notice, even as the cyborg pushes him up and off the ground. He simply keeps hitting it.

However, while he doesn't notice the pain, he is perceptive enough to notice John hovering over him like an angry giant bee with an equally giant stinger, attempting to use his spear on the cyborg. Which would put it dangerously close to Jordan. He grabs the cyborg with one arm and shifts his weight to the right, rolling away. The spear misses the cyborg but it manages to hit Jordan at the side of his waist. It cuts through him like he isn't even there and to his surprise he feels almost no pain from the hit. Lucky for him, it just goes through fat. Nothing important is injured.

Despite all that, Jordan manages to remain on top of the thing.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:51:34 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: June 25, 2014, 09:01:18 pm »

Flick out my left hand knife's hook. Tsar that knife's compass. Compasses have magnets, which should Attract her knife, or at least distrupt her spinning. Catch her knife with the hook.

Then stab her and tsar with my other knife. No words this time.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 521