Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125135 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Keep on Drivin'
« Reply #1875 on: April 30, 2014, 09:19:57 pm »

Land on the windshield of the descending spaceplane. Compute whether I am strong enough to hold an adult male human and fly at the same time. If so, grab the pilot and fly him to the ground. If not, give the pilot a sympathetic look before taking off in the direction of the BETA.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 30, 2014, 09:32:59 pm »

((I have a feeling that we're not going to win this fight. Not without a lot more deaths, or a lot more luck.))

Conservative ineptitude? Sounds like something to meditate about.

Also attempt to contact some Entity interested in talking with me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 30, 2014, 09:47:59 pm »

Faron
Continue to drive safely, it would be awful to come all this way to die in a car accident.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 30, 2014, 09:56:59 pm »

Find a battery, either from the truck or the crossbow. Create a spark gap to act as a fire starter. Or just look for a lighter in drawers or something if I can't do that.

Try to light a few drops of the liquid leaking from the truck on fire, and try to light a few drops of perfume on fire. To test if they're flammable.

<"Jordan, are you okay? I still need a pilot.">
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 30, 2014, 10:45:07 pm »

Pass the time by imagining complex worlds and trying to imagine how they'd be effected by being flooded by sentient wigs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 30, 2014, 11:33:33 pm »

Zechariah calculated the angles quickly. Scion was right about not having much time, so he had to think.

Interface, Scion: <I think I can get him out. There are two ways: I could use the Shadow to make the room's occupants think that my host is not even moving, while my host takes his leisure and waltzes out of the room - possibly with whatever is in the cabinets, too. Second option is riskier: I summon all of my power and, using the sunlight from the windows to make crystal shards, pin the two occupants to the walls and interrogate them.
I don't see any shadows in the room so far... so I guess I'm going to have to try using the crystals of light...

There is one problem. How do I know how much energy he has left? I'm afraid that I'll try it and then he'll faint in the middle of it all..>

>Try to listen into your surroundings. Channel your energy, your willpower. Focus on the locations of the people in the room... draw energy from the sun. You can do it.

Once you're ready... unleash the shards of light and pin the others to the wall.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 01, 2014, 10:38:36 am »

Forget the summon; need to concentrate on placement.

Let's go with a bundle of "nerves" somewhere in the torso.  Plant it, GTFO, and get out of its reach.  Detonate once I'm beyond its reaching ability (50m or so is probably safe.)

If possible, brush my arm against it to briefly technomance the BETA.  If it tries to mindflay me or it's too much information, back off, but otherwise learn what I can while I can- this is secondary to bomb placement.

((Also, yeah, if you're unsure about the 1-player assault, just do a really quick one.  If it fails, little of value was lost.))
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:41:46 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 01, 2014, 11:06:22 am »

"Man, getting anywhere is taking forever in this town, isn't it? Ah well, the thought of explosives keeps me alive in the tedium."

>Drive resolutely toward the current objective.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 04, 2014, 01:23:51 am »

((I hate you paris. And by that I mean ARGHGHGHGHGG THIS IS SO INTENSE
I'm controlling Lenglon's Irene and...oh dear goodness)

Theri
Well, that wasn't very helpful.
...N-no. It is helpful.

Awena! Remember the firebird we last saw? Back when we saw the waterfish and went to get Zoe? It was a symbol of what was to be!
I-...alright, call me crazy, but it seems like the firebird symbolizes either us which NEED to attack Bor-Victor, because his schemes are actually ulteriorly malevolent and that the...err, his...spirit guide-bracelet thingy (...aw fish. Did I tell you that you're seeing the fish jump from an invisible 'bracelet' on his arm or wrist? Because that's my best description of how we err...'non-spirit spirits' see each other)

..Oh River, help me quick here.

So either that, or Zoe is going to attack the man out of being unsure. OR we'll all be attacked by the result of his experiment and the presence of us, non-spirit spirit guides, are which deflect the power of...whatever will happen.

I'll ask Irene--well, the name of the spirit guiding Zoe, to form a defensive shield around the area. On whatever Zoe or you do...well, I'll leave it to your decision. Though know that I am fully unaware or unsure about Victor's host's motive. As in, really. He might be able to suck out...whatever metaphysical thing is with Amelia (and why she was given IV[?] before?), wait I'm not helping.

No pressure though Awena. Just to let you know: You're an awesome person and thanks for believing in spirits like me. That's very kind of you.
But don't die, ok? I don't ever like to see people die. :/

What are your thoughts on this matter, Awena?

Theri sighed in the metaphysical area of her own sanctum within Awena's thoughts. How...why should they trust Victor when he doesn't even detail a single thing on his motive?!
It didn't feel right. But even then, the spirits telling Awena--and therefore Theri--didn't jive with ulterior motive things (unless it predicted the future, wherein Theri was half-pondering a way on how to sever the bracelet-wielder from the host...given the occurrence of that event.)

<Irene. I'm unsure what to do, but what I see--I see a firebird attacking Victor, then an azure fish jumping out of his bracelet to protect him. Awena also sees shadows...darkness-forms everywhere. From the machines. Surrounding Boris and Amelia. And there are shadows in that crystal, moving opposite to each other, swirling around and then exploding into flakes of darkness. There's noise. Battle. Screams. A thousand insects chittering...

<I do not understand. I need help.>

Quickturn please: What are Awena's thought son the matter. Also River, help!

Irene
Wait, editing. Getting background.
Arghghghgh

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1884 on: May 04, 2014, 05:19:07 am »

((Yes, I think I know what you mean. Sometimes running these missions feels like I'm taking people I like and then I'm blindfolding you, throwing you into a room full of traps, forcing you to go through it and threatening to kill a puppy if you make the wrong choice. I know it's not real and no real people are getting hurt but a small part of me feels bad about that.

Anyway, I don't have enough time to make a turn right now, I'll probably make one in 12-18 hours, I just wanted to tell you the fish came out of the crystal in the center of the room, the one Boris wants to use on Amelia, not Victor's Interface. Victor's interface doesn't have a Crystal, unlike yours.
Interface is the name of that bracelet, although I think that nobody told you that yet for some reason. You can assume to know that if you want, to save you some time.

...I should probably diversify my magic artifacts. I seem to be using crystals for everything.

As always, feel free to ask anymore questions.))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:40:10 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 04, 2014, 08:00:47 am »

((Yes, I think I know what you mean. Sometimes running these missions feels like I'm taking people I like and then I'm blindfolding you, throwing you into a room full of traps, forcing you to go through it and threatening to kill a puppy if you make the wrong choice. I know it's not real and no real people are getting hurt but a small part of me feels bad about that.
((As long as no puppies were harmed in the real world, you're doing the right thing.))

...I should probably diversify my magic artifacts. I seem to be using crystals for everything.
((Indeed. There's plenty of inspiration out there.
Try setting some rules. Crystals might be magically-charged, so they're best suited as primal standalone artifacts or power sources for powerful ones. Gold works well with enchantments that need to last a while, but it's harder to enchant (and expensive) so only the really good ones get so much as a pinch. Iron's good at destroying magical things, like demonslaying swords or antimagic fields. Stuff like that.))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:02:27 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 04, 2014, 08:26:32 am »

Anyway, I don't have enough time to make a turn right now, I'll probably make one in 12-18 hours, I just wanted to tell you the fish came out of the crystal in the center of the room, the one Boris wants to use on Amelia, not Victor's Interface. Victor's interface doesn't have a Crystal, unlike yours.
Interface is the name of that bracelet, although I think that nobody told you that yet for some reason. You can assume to know that if you want, to save you some time.

As always, feel free to ask anymore questions.))
Wat.

When I said 'I hate you', I mean ohmygodI LOVETHIS. :v
It's like, we say 'hate you' but in text it lacks the tone and the mood that says otherwise.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 04, 2014, 10:21:23 am »

The wonders of pure-text communication.
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 05, 2014, 06:15:37 pm »

"Ahh crap, okay, going in for a crash landing! Look out below!"
Try to make a landing. If the dragon is able to save me, be saved. However, if the saying about god and those who help themselves is true, then push the stick down, go in for a landing on a part of the street not covered in rubble, and hope that Jordan doesn't get his stupid neck broken.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 05, 2014, 06:19:57 pm »

((Not gonna kamikaze it into the BETA? What a waste.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 521