Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125669 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1650 on: March 11, 2014, 07:13:12 am »

You close your eyes and concentrate at the sound of electrical motors and metal grinding against metal, raise your crossbow and fire, giving every ounce of your power you can manage at the arrow. There's the screeching of metal, flashes of light and then nothing but silence and darkness.

You let your breath out. Still alive.
This was a triumph.

You teleport to the spaceport. Because, clearly, being near the point where a giant robot will land is a great idea.
How else am I going to hurt it?

That fireball looks dangerous. Teleport me, the cute little baby rhino, and some chunks of useful stuff to a spot within sight of the spaceport.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: March 11, 2014, 08:05:36 am »

Bryan
They're probably just after the man.  I need to buy some time.

Faron
Can my character quickly climb up the outside of a house while carrying Ed, if he can have him do so.  If not, can he do so without carrying Ed.  If he still can't, get into one of the houses with Ed.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1652 on: March 11, 2014, 10:59:35 am »

((Are you enjoying this mission? Because it has turned out nothing like I planned. Poor planning, I guess. I'll probably do it completely different next time, if I ever make a mission of this kind again.))

No, I'm bored and about to perform surgery.

Rip off two of the devil dog's heads. Do the same with the bunny and the cat, then put those heads on the necks and sit down for cake with my more interesting pet.

Hello princess Bunnycat. Do you want to come to my house for tee and cake?
Oh, yes, we'd love to.
Great, we'll go with my car!
Vroom, vroom! Vzzzzoooom! Here we are, let's go!
Oh, what a nice house you have.
Thanks, I love it a lot. My husband gave it to me for my birthday.
I wish I had married a businessman. Then I'd have nice things.
Here's your cake.
Oh, oh, how I like it, it is the most delicious cake.
Can I have a piece?
I want one too!
Why yes, here you go.

"Hey, better not overstay my welcome so quickly. Besides, that beeping makes me nervous. Wasn't there some thing about staying in character for this whole mission?"

>Shoot once a clear shot is possible. Try to get that dude for good this time. Aim for the legs and/or torso, maybe. If only failure is attained, try shooting their car. Try to hit something important for it, like tires, the engine, the fuel line, that sort of thing.
Interface, Scion: <No, I'm not interfering with him yet. He'll make it.>

>Move low, move quick, and weave through the crowds if possible. Don't lost your energy. Energy is the best thing you have right now.
With a burst of speed, Zechariah's horse manages to get to his car before Ike's has a chance to get a clear shot.
Ike fires two three-round bursts at the escaping car and manages to hit the front left and back left tires. Zechariah's host can't maintain control.
The car swerves and crashes through a store window. Zechariah's host is almost completely uninjured from the crash, bar some minor abrasions.
Raul looks a lot worse. He's hit his head on the dashboard and has been knocked unconscious.

{Lenglon}
((Put me in zombie mode at that time, I'll be gone for months. DAF would be a decent choice to have run me if the mission isn't done by then. My last day to post anything will be the 24th.))

{Irine}
This's going to be close...

{Zoe}
Zoe is Zoe.
((Oh, too bad. I'm going to miss you, you're a good player to have in one's RTD.
Good luck with whatever it is you're doing. Hope you get back soon.))

The man abruptly stops, glances back and stabs Ed before jumping ridiculously high over the stone fence on the right of the alleyway, disappearing behind it.
"NO!"
Zoe runs to Ed and examines his injury.
She has seen those kinds of injuries before. Expert snipers would injure soldiers instead of killing them. Injure them just enough to slow a unit down, make it an easy target. A wound not immedietly life threatening, but serious enough to warrant immediate attention.
Force the commander to choose between being effective and letting his men die or helping the injured but have his unit slow down and be delayed.
You hear the car arriving at the other end of the alley and people running out of it but your host is too focused
Zoe applies pressure to the wound and looks for something to dress it with. He'll be fine with some help.
But you've got to hurry. You've got to find Amelia. She could be in danger.
"Ed? Ed, wake up. Come on, wake up. You can't be unconscious now, you've got a lot of explaining to do."
You hear a shot, coming from a bit further away. Looks like he's out of your range.
Bryan
They're probably just after the man.  I need to buy some time.

Faron
Can my character quickly climb up the outside of a house while carrying Ed, if he can have him do so.  If not, can he do so without carrying Ed.  If he still can't, get into one of the houses with Ed.
Your host keeps running after jumping over the fence, crossing the street and jumping over the fence of the other house. After he's run for some distance, his holstered gun suddenly fires, doing nothing more than making a hole in his holster and his coat.

Peregrine
Nooo, someone stabbed Ed D:

How's it goin?
((Whoops, I'm very, very sorry. Looks like the message didn't get sent for whatever reason.

Writing from phone, please excuse any of my mistakes.))

Drive to block the alley then check around for spirits. Then suggest to host:
Whatever Zoe is getting at, she has the right idea, we have to stop this man or get to the person he's carrying--if all fails, try talking him down first. Say you mean no harm (and oh goodness did that hammer he was carrying look like a bad thing) and..well, I'm with you in whatever happens.
Your host continues driving to the other side of the alley. She feels afraid. She's never fought anyone before. Your words help to calm her, but she still feels very nervous. What's she going to do if she comes face to face with that man?
As she drives, her peripheral vision once more fills with a red haze. It clears a moment later, revealing that the spirits have disappeared.
Your host reaches the end of the alleyway to see Zoe crouching over Ed, her hands applying pressure on his lower body.
"Damnation." curses Morgan. She hastily gets out of the car and starts running towards Zoe. Your host follows a bit more slowly and carefully, keeping an eye out for danger.
While running, your host hears a gunshot coming from further away.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:45:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 11, 2014, 11:07:46 am »

"Ha-hah! Gotcha! Ike Wayne, you do not disappoint!"

>Stop - Jackhammer time. Get it, and cautiously approach the storefront. If you see the enemy (not Raul), try getting the fool with a few well-placed shots.

In the event of a treacherous, underhanded sneak attack, assume direct control and shoot whoever is responsible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 11, 2014, 11:09:06 am »

{Irine}
I've done what I can...
No action
To Stellar: <So, um, Zoe doesn't seem to have noticed my fire abilities. I mean, I haven't been really blatant with them. That tire could have been sabotaged after all, and the rest was pretty much invisible, but I'm under the impression that she isn't able to notice what I'm doing, and that I could have some fireballs floating beside her head and she'd think it was buisness as usual. Is that right or am I overthinking this?>

{Zoe}
Her decision.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: March 11, 2014, 11:12:03 am »

Yaay! Butler, more cake!

Attempt to gain the attention of a butler, whether he exists or not.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 11, 2014, 12:06:54 pm »

Walk back to the elevator. Sprint if I hear any noises behind me. Have it take me to the exit closest to the spaceport.

Use an arrow to carve a groove in the crossbow's body, so I don't have to hold the arrows there myself.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 02:25:30 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 11, 2014, 03:44:46 pm »

Spoiler: GM only... AGAIN (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 12, 2014, 02:23:02 pm »

((I'm enjoying it.  Any specific areas you want feedback for?))

Bryan
Unfortunate, I had hoped to remain a bit closer, see if I could hijack the car.  I can can still work with this.
Figure out more information about my host's life.

Faron
Keep running to destination.  Keep an eye open for cars I can grab.  Also examine gun, does it work again.  Don't look down barrel.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 02:33:05 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 12, 2014, 03:11:00 pm »

Zechariah was concerned, but not too much. If the agent got too close, then he would interfere. Not yet.

>Try and see if the car works, and if it does, get out of there. If not, pull Raul into the store and manipulate the shadows to confuse the agent into thinking that you two are unconscious in the car.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: March 12, 2014, 07:18:48 pm »

I'm a rebel.
Hug the cute baby rhino.
Also, my character is a little girl. Highly unlikely that she wants to eat the baby rhino.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1661 on: March 12, 2014, 09:24:27 pm »

((You will probably be in combat time for the following turns.

Also, here's some fighting giant robot music:
Titan -  George Dziov - Rock/Video Game Loop
Invaders Must Die - The Prodigy - Electronic
Killbot - Devin Martin - Dubstep))

<<Lining up my shot now... hope I can sink this thing.>>

Shoot that asshole out of the sky.  Aim for center mass.

if it's still too far let's go with another shot of ClF3 shell

The fireball touches down at the spaceport with a shudder that reaches you in the other side of the city (that spaceport sure is sturdy), raising a cloud of smoke and dust that engulfs the spaceport and its surrounding buildings. Any other man wouldn't be able to see anything in that darkness and smoke, but not you. You can see the dark silhouette of something humanoid wobbling there, almost as tall as the nearby buildings, with light coming from its center of mass. It looks very small at this distance and the smoke isn't helping. You refine your aim and fire.

The sonic boom as the shell leaves the gun is even louder this time. Even with the helmet on it leaves your ears ringing. Many windows between you and your target are broken as a result, shards of glass raining to the ground.
The shot goes high. It clips the figure in the head or at least you think it does. There's no visible damage on the silhouette. The most you have to go on is the eddies left in the trail the shell left in the cloud of exhaust and the reaction of the figure to your shot.

You can see it recoiling, leaning backwards, a bit more sluggish than you'd expect a human to move. It stands fully upright again, and then... the best way to describe it would be that it screams. A strange sound, like white noise accompanied by the grinding of metal.

Your coilgun's breech opens and (after another kick to the auto-loader) loads the next shell. You can hear the whine of its capacitors recharging.

That fireball looks dangerous. Teleport me, the cute little baby rhino, and some chunks of useful stuff to a spot within sight of the spaceport.
Just to remind you, you need to be touching things to take them with you while teleporting and you can't teleport very big things. Oh, and the spaceport is about as tall as the buildings around it.

You run towards the rhino and it runs towards you. You touch it a few seconds before the fireball lands on the spaceport and teleport both of you at the rooftop of the building closest to the spaceport (which is still a good distance away).

The fireball lands on the spaceport, causing the ground beneath your feet to tremble enough to throw you off balance and raising a cloud of smoke and dust. Not a moment after you regain your balance, you hear a sonic boom and the sound of metal striking against metal.
You look up to see a shadow moving in the dust, giant, as tall as the building you're standing on, with something glowing near its center of mass. You can hear the whining of electric motors and the moaning of metal coming from it.
And then it screams. It's horrible. And it's loud.

You review at the ammunition this rooftop provides you (A transformer, an antenna, some air conditioning units and all the concrete and pipes you could lift from it) and get ready to use it.

Spoiler: Again. And again. (click to show/hide)

Walk back to the elevator. Sprint if I hear any noises behind me. Have it take me to the exit closest to the spaceport.

Use an arrow to carve a groove in the crossbow's body, so I don't have to hold the arrows there myself.

You take a few steps back, look around to find the faint light coming from the emergency lights and start running towards it.
The ground rumbles while you run, causing you to stumble. You get to the elevator and push the button to ((Do you want to go to the roof of the building? The ground floor? Somewhere in between? It's a long way to the spaceport, but you can see it from the roof and some of the highest floors.))

Have you ever tried to carve a wooden table with a pair of scissors? I have and I can tell you it's hard. Nevertheless, through your lucky roll freakish strength, you manage to carve that groove.

Meanwhile...

"Ha-hah! Gotcha! Ike Wayne, you do not disappoint!"

>Stop - Jackhammer time. Get it, and cautiously approach the storefront. If you see the enemy (not Raul), try getting the fool with a few well-placed shots.

In the event of a treacherous, underhanded sneak attack, assume direct control and shoot whoever is responsible.
Zechariah was concerned, but not too much. If the agent got too close, then he would interfere. Not yet.

>Try and see if the car works, and if it does, get out of there. If not, pull Raul into the store and manipulate the shadows to confuse the agent into thinking that you two are unconscious in the car.
"Ike Wayne" opens the back door of his car while Kalle tries to restart his engine.
The car starts despite the damage to the engine and backs out of the store, moving very slowly due to its busted tires. The Agent has a clear shot. A perfect shot. But at the last second, a civilian stumbles on him and screws his aim. He growls, pushes the frightened civilian away and takes aim again at the now retreating car. He fires three rounds in rapid succession, all aimed perfectly at the driver seat. Zechariah can feel it too as the back of his host is perforated by the automatic shotgun, like a thousand knives stabbing his back.
Despite that, he remains conscious and keeps driving.

((I'm saving the rolls of this turn because I don't really see how your host could survive that one. Still, gotta give you a chance to act. You might get a brilliant idea, you never know.))

{Irine}
I've done what I can...
No action
To Stellar: <So, um, Zoe doesn't seem to have noticed my fire abilities. I mean, I haven't been really blatant with them. That tire could have been sabotaged after all, and the rest was pretty much invisible, but I'm under the impression that she isn't able to notice what I'm doing, and that I could have some fireballs floating beside her head and she'd think it was buisness as usual. Is that right or am I overthinking this?>

{Zoe}
Her decision.
<Hmm... No, I don't think so. I think it was more of a case of her not caring enough about it. Focusing on what she believed to be important at the time. Tunnel vision. After all, she didn't seem to pay much attention to the man's unusual abilities either.
...I'm not talking too much because I'm trying to let you focus. Feel free to ask me anything. I want to help you.>

"Come on! Talk to me, damn you! Where's Amelia?" says Zoe and shakes Ed with one hand while applying pressure with the other. He mumbles something in response. "What?" Zoe leans closer. "Northern suburbs... Trinity road and... Leith walk..."
The footsteps get closer. You look to your left to see Morgan and Awena.
"What happened?"
"He's trying to slow us down. Quick. Help me move Ed to the car."
"Call..." Ed groans before passing out again.
"Shouldn't we call an ambulance?"
"We'll take Ed to his house and then we have to go."
"We can't leave him alone!"
"Then you stay with him. I NEED to save her. I've got to."

((I'm going to wrap you to the northern suburbs next turn, unless there are any objections, since I don't have to worry about synchronizing you with anyone right now.))

((I'm enjoying it.  Any specific areas you want feedback for?))

Bryan
Unfortunate, I had hoped to remain a bit closer, see if I could hijack the car.  I can can still work with this.
Figure out more information about my host's life.

Faron
Keep running to destination.  Keep an eye open for cars I can grab.  Also examine gun, does it work again.  Don't look down barrel.
The gun looks OK, as far as you can tell.

((Out of time. Will give you info and warp you to your destination next turn/later. Anything specific you want to know about?))

Yaay! Butler, more cake!

Attempt to gain the attention of a butler, whether he exists or not.
You continue having your imaginary tea party/hallucinations/schizophrenic episode/multiple personality disorder/whatever.
This cake sure is delicious though. Butler, keep 'em coming.
Yes sir. Would you like some ice cream with that?

((You'll get back in your host next turn.))

Peregrine
@River

Ooooh, River. I can't..I-this, I can't do anything else but suggest and..I can't act! This is the first time I can't do quite anything in the situation wherein I could actually help..I'm just glad that Awena can talk and all-...

May I be able to speak to the other Traveler? As in, when you see people with bracelets, that means they've got...spirit-guides like us, right?

Can we talk to them directly?

<There is... one thing you could do. You have the option to manifest yourself through her, to... possess her, in a way.
If the situation is really dire, if you think that only with your help she can survive, then you can choose to take over her body.
It might become necessary for you to do that if she gets into a physical confrontation. You are much stronger and more agile then she is. For now, I think it would be best to let Zoe take care of the wound. She seems to know what she's doing.

As for the other, her name is Irene, I think. The one who bends fire to her will. The one that has an appearance similar to you. The one you gave the flower to.
Simply speak with the intention of communicating with her and she will hear you.>

((Turn later, just doing a small post with people speaking.))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:47:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: March 12, 2014, 09:34:55 pm »

Start throwing chunks of concrete and stuff at the glowing part.

If attacked, teleport away!
Sig

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: March 12, 2014, 09:36:51 pm »

Resist any hugging. Communicate the need for food to the little girl.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: March 12, 2014, 09:43:24 pm »

Damn it!

<<Bad shot- I think I just clipped it a bit.  My best shell's coming up next, so we'll see what that does.  Can anyone closer tell me anything more?>>

Take aim and fire again!  If it's still charging, summon another ClF3 shell, but keep an eye on it.  Be prepared to run if it shoots at me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 521