Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125436 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: I need guns. Lots of guns.
« Reply #1530 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:13 pm »

"...Me? I can give myself powers, and right now..."

((Hey Paris, can you roll for my powers now so I can answer the question?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 17, 2014, 01:56:10 pm »

"Okay. You there, reddit fedora kid. What can you do? Tell me quick."
Look around for spaceships with the keys inside (Figuratively, they should be able to start), then look around for any pilots that haven't been evacuated.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:32 pm »

"Me?" Rune says. "Heh, I'm pretty sure I should keep that hidden for now. In case we ever meet in less friendly circumstances."

Assist Fniff with looking for useful things.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 02:10:44 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 17, 2014, 02:24:06 pm »

Well then, thanks for keeping me in complete black-out and most likely getting us both killed for the sake of being mysteeeeerious~. Whatever, if last mission was a standard for the rest,  we're dead anyway. Jordan sighed quietly. I hate teammates.

"Yeah, yeah, would it be useful for fighting a giant robot?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 17, 2014, 02:26:16 pm »

"Hmm... Depends on whether I could find enough bi-... I almost just told you what I did... Just... if we can find living animals or plants, then know that I'll be fine fighting a giant killer robot."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1535 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:44 pm »

Zechariah contemplates that answer for a few moments.
Interface, Scion: <True enough. But there must be balance between the fear and the will. If you have too much willpower, you get someone like me who is extremely unstable.>

After that horrible attempt to speak to his host, Zechariah rubs his forehead with one of his hands ((If he is physically present)).
<That... that was my fault, not his...>

Zechariah: Third and final attempt: unless the host notices, search once again for what group my host is in and why he's in it. Also, fix the Interface so it isn't so loud. More like a whisper, preferably, but conversational tone is fine.
Host: >Go to the door and tell the bouncer you're with a guest named Raul.
((I don't understand what you mean by physically present. You're a voice in his head. The "lower your mental mic's volume" was just me trying to be a smart-ass while telling you you failed your roll.))

"I think this is the first time I am in agreement with you."

Nope, lady luck still hates your guts. No info for you. I like giving exposition but you keep rolling badly for some reason.

You approach the bouncer.
"Err... hi there!" your host says nervously. The bouncer gives you a blank stare. "Good day today, isn't it? Eh, I mean, the weather is... cold and..."
"Smooth."
"I'm here to see Raul. He's a guest. Err.. I mean, I'm his guest. He's expecting me." The bouncer continues to give you a blank stare.
"Eeerm... So I guess I'll be going now, right?" You're starting to wonder if this guy is mute or deaf or maybe just staring down inside the depths of your soul. You start walking towards the door.
"So... Ehhh... Nice talking to you, mat- I mean Sir. Sir. Have a good night... or shift." The bouncer continues to stare as you walk inside.
"It must be true that luck favors the idiots, because I can see no other way this guy has managed to survive that long doing a job like this."

The inside of the restaurant is filled with tables, though about half of them are empty. There's also the obligatory cheesy faux-Japanese decorations. Red lanterns, shōji, kaiga, things written in Japanese, etc.
On the opposite wall, there's a square platform standing a bit higher than the floor in one side of the restaurant, where a band is singing a jaunty song with sad lyrics about love. There are also stairs leading up to a balcony and some private rooms.
On the right wall is a bar along with a small lectern for the maître d' and a door leading to the kitchen.
On the left wall are the doors leading to the restrooms.

Hmm, a man of action.  That can be both good and bad.
Let my host go on into the house, I have no reason to do otherwise.  Try to find more out about my host, without being a noticeable influence.
Lady luck seems to hate exposition tonight. You get nothing except a name: Faron Butler, Agent 14.

Your host quietly approaches the house and checks through the window. There is a man inside, reading something or at least trying to read something. He keeps moving around, looks a bit nervous. Doesn't look too dangerous though.
Your host decides to take the simplest approach. He knocks on the door.
"Here already? Just a second, I'm coming." comes a voice from inside.
After some waiting he hears footsteps behind the door. The moment your host hears the click of the door latch opening he immediately  kicks it. The door impacts the man standing behind it, knocking him down. Your host enters and closes the door.
The man kicks you from behind while trying to get away. Your host endures the hit without the slightest hint of pain. He leans over the prone man and pins him down, his hands around his neck.
"Edward Kerr. Tell me what you know about Target Amethyst."
The man's face tells you that he recognizes the first name but not the second.
"Fuuu..." the man tries to curse you while chocking. A hit to the face forces him to reconsider.
"Target Amethyst. What do you know about her?"
He seemed to react to the word her. He definitely knows something. How best to make him speak though? Interrogating him would take a while... Or perhaps you should just eliminate him and search the house and his body for information?

Walk in. Remain unobtrusive.

Alan: Attempt to make host order a glass of milk.
Your host enters the shack and shoves his way to the bar. Too many people gathered in here, most of them clustered around the musicians. The white smoke floating around the room from all the cigarets is thick enough to be confused with mist. The smells of cheap booze, sweat and vomit fill the air. The noise means you can barely hear anything.
A guy has passed out on the bar. You shove him to the floor and sit in his seat.
"What can I get you?" asks the bartender.
Give me a glass of mi- I mean beer. Your host shakes his head and your Interface beeps red a couple of times. Give me a glass of beer.
The bartender bends down, retrieves an unlabeled bottle and pours the liquid into a semi-opaque glass. You have the suspicion that that glass might have been clear once.
"Bottoms up."

>Keep driving. If there's music on the radio, turn it off.
The music is off. But who needs the radio when you have your entity along for the ride?

{Irine}
Check if Zoe has any... unique... abilities. (please PM me the result  of this)
Do not influence her at this time.

{Zoe Hunter}
still trying to get there and talk to Ed.
Driving and probing, driving and probing. That's illegal in some states, you know.

Meanwhile...

"Ooh..."

Focus on obtaining powers, including a general telekinetic one.

Examine and play with the controls. Try to figure out what they do. Also try not to break anything important. Or anything, ideally.
You get the ability to move things with your mind. You are capable of lifting much more than the average man.
You gain the ability to teleport your body to locations you can imagine\remember reasonably well. You are also able to teleport other people and things you touch if you will it so, assuming they're not too large (larger than say... three humans). It takes a few seconds for it to recharge after use.

Using the control room presents a problem in that everything seems to be written in an unknown language. And while the shapes on the screens are reasonably easy to understand, interacting with them would require a great amount of blind luck.
Despite that, there are various schematics of the city, or part of the city and different views of the city on various screens, some of them overplayed with various colors, so you assume that if something were to change dramatically on the city, you would notice the change on at least one of those screens or cameras.

John wasted no time.  Preparation was his thing- he needed to prepare.  No known weaknesses, pseudo-organic, likely some EMP shielding... what about a direct electricity hit?  Probably wouldn't work, since big things attracted lighting.  It'd have to hit somewhere exposed.  Explosives?  Think hitting a tank- a grenade wouldn't phase it- you needed to pierce the armor.  Armor piercing rounds, then.  A big damn gun.

Begin summoning a AP-round firing howitzer.  It'd need to fire big shells- at least 200mm.  If it's too big, abort (It doesn't need to be mobile, just aimable.  Less artillery, more turret.
Let's see if you succeed... Yes! I now get to use your large construction chart.

The cannon begins assembling, individual pieces of black metal materializing and getting attached to each other, forming a base for the cannon to rotate on. The pieces of metal then continue appearing, this time merging together to begin forming the barrel of the cannon. Looks a bit larger than you wanted it, but bigger is better, right?
There are also other things materializing and merging with the barrel. Thin pieces of metal that looks like very fine brown hair and some thin pieces of something that looks like black leather.

Please stand by while your weapon is materializing and assembling. Assuming nothing interrupts you, you don't need to roll again, except if  you decide to change something. You can also choose to stop summoning if you want.

"Okay. You there, reddit fedora kid. What can you do? Tell me quick."
Look around for spaceships with the keys inside (Figuratively, they should be able to start), then look around for any pilots that haven't been evacuated.
"Me?" Rune says. "Heh, I'm pretty sure I should keep that hidden for now. In case we ever meet in less friendly circumstances."

Assist Fniff with looking for useful things.
This is a ghost town. You can see a few abandoned cars if you look over the edge and some things littering the street. Looks like everybody left in a hurry. The chances of you finding someone will be slim at best. Nevertheless, you start looking around for anything living and/or flyable.
The first vehicle you approach looks like a delta wing VTOL with a very wide front section. All and all, it's about twice the size of an F-16. It has big engines on its back and underside. Its topside can open to store cargo/ And, what luck, its door (which is in its nose, by the way) is unlocked and it seems to be on standby, ready to fly.
The inside of the vehicle is cramped, built to maximize the load it can carry. The 2-seat cockpit is fairly intuitive (looks like the cockpit of a passenger aircraft with an added vertical thrust control lever for both pilot and co-pilot and a whole lot more buttons and switches and screens), however there are all sorts of buttons and screens around here with labels written in a language you can't understand.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:30 pm »

"Seesm to be no one about. Ever wanted to be a fighter jet pilot like in Top Gun? Go get some explosives or heavy boxes or a gun or something and get into the cargo hold so we can kill this thing."
Look around for any convenient manuals on piloting a jet, then get into the jet seat and try to figure out how to fly this stupid thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 18, 2014, 04:09:06 pm »

*grunt*

Look around bar while cradling drink. See if there's the targets.
Alan does nothing for now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 18, 2014, 04:10:03 pm »

"Wait, ducks can graze? That's news to me. Ah well. Singalong time!"

Ike clears his throat for a moment.

"I've been drivin' all night, my hands wet on the wheel~..."

Ike shall begin singing while typing on the keyboard.

>Keep on driving.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 18, 2014, 04:10:14 pm »

"Hmmm..." Rune hums for a second looking at the pilot seat. He has incredibly vague memories of flying some sort of machine once, but they vanish the moment he tries to locate exactly when or where. He shakes his head. "Perhaps, you should allow me the first attempt at flying? I'm pretty sure that we will not end up in the side of a building. Let's figure out how this thing runs first, though. Is it fuel powered? Or does it use some sort of electric engine. If it uses an electric engine, we could dump the engine as a bomb in an attempt to destroy the robot- the extra current would probably overload it's power circuits... And probably destroy it. We would not survive, but if it destroyed it, it would be worth it."

Attempt to discover what engine the jet uses, then get into the driver seat and examine the controls.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 18, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »

((Woo, I have my own chart!  Probably at least two!))

Keep on keeping on.  Time estimate remaining?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 18, 2014, 04:28:55 pm »

"I'm not dying for something that isn't assured. We don't even know what this thing looks like. Besides, what makes you more qualified then me at flying space jets?"

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 18, 2014, 04:41:50 pm »

Bryan
Faron's a highly trained man then, not just some goon.  Dang it, Edward would have to be tough, wouldn't he.
Keep trying to find more out, either about his capabilities or interesting life points.
Faron
Feeling patient: Threaten to kill whoever is coming, if that fails continue interrogation in other ways.
Feeling impatient: Threaten to kill whoever is coming, count to five, if he doesn't talk, kill him and search the body and the house.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 18, 2014, 04:45:46 pm »

((I think I like these powers.))

Imagine a place full of awesome free stuff and teleport to it.

Remember the room I'm in, then teleport around the city some to get a sense of the layout. After doing so, or upon seeing something that looks like the BETA, teleport back to the control room.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 18, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »

"I just.... I don't know how to explain. I don't remember anything of my life before... But I just felt something... I feel I've driven some sort of flying device before... It's hard to describe. You will just have to trust me on this."
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 521