Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125584 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Triple post
« Reply #1500 on: February 14, 2014, 11:11:25 am »

"Hey, at least this dude's kind of a badass compared to the untrained schmuck with a sob story I got last time. So I can't really complain that much. I'm sure he'll turn out fine," Ike says to his kind overseer. Now, it seemed to be asking for some kind of action, huh?

>He can probably get you a handgun. Maybe a shotgun as well. Some body armor, maybe. And some tear gas grenades (plus a gasmask) and a bit of plastic explosive if that's permitted. Lots of people are going to die tonight, and many of them shall deserve what's coming.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: I need guns. Lots of guns.
« Reply #1501 on: February 14, 2014, 01:31:13 pm »

Look in folder. Memorize the locations and the info contained within
GO GET ICE CREAM YOU DUMMY

Good job Alan.
I'm going to pretend/hope that you're not yelling that to your host, since it wasn't explicitly mentioned.

You look inside the folder while the man walks away and gets inside his car. The contents of the folder are fairly modest. Just two pieces of paper with two photos attached to each of them. Seems like a lot for one night. The Boss better be paying you some serious money for this.
You (or rather your host) knows both of the locations written in the papers.

One is a place that could barely be called a bar near the edge of the radiation zone. You can find any form of criminal and malcontent there. The booze might as well had been petroleum and fights break out every other minute, but at least it's cheap, has some nice music and the bartender has some ties with your organization. Got some deals done there sometimes. Could be a nice place to start the night.
The photographs accompanying the location are those of two old looking men, one looks Russian and vaguely familiar, the other seems to have a more far-eastern face. Chinese maybe? You don't know. You were never good at this thing. Anyway, both seem old and very official looking, at least in those photos. Not the kind of people you'd expect to find in a place like that. Maybe if you're lucky, someone else will do your job for you.

The other place is some fancy restaurant near the city centre. Never been in it but it looks very expensive from the outside. Has some sort of faux-Japanese theme to it.
The photos you have of the targets from this place look kinda blurry and low quality, like they were taken during surveillance. It's two men, they look about your age and there isn't much special about either of them. Closer examination reveals that one has a small scar under his right ear and looks a bit older than the other.

If I can, investigate feelings towards employer and Target Amethyst.  If possible see if I can discover my host's plans.  Get the host to see what type of building 434 North Burn Road is.
((Aww, my team is trying to kill the target, oh well.  I'll still do what I can for my team.  Also that spear sounds cool.))
((It'd a Conflict game-type. Some had to be on the other team.))

You review what you know as you exit your apartment and start walking down the stairs to your car.
434 Northburn Road is near the suburbs, close to the Radiation Zone. Mostly small, one or two story houses there. Must be one of those made of stone, if it survived the fires.
Your employer has had many targets over the time you've been working for her. Some needed to be kept Safe. Some needed to be Investigated. Some needed to be Sterilized. Removed from the equation. Target Amethyst is important to her. You had some missions related to Target Amethyst. Maybe this time you'll finally get to meet this target. And Sterilize her.

{Irine}
Ok, I need to learn, and she seems to naturally want to do the right thing, and she understands it's urgent and that she needs to move quickly, though she doesn't realize why. I don't need to become a monster yet...
I hate this. I already know that when push comes to shove, I'm going to betray myself and become what I hate. I wish there was a better way.

I wish Stellar were here. I want to call out to her, but... No, that would hurt her. I need to look like I'm fine on my own until she is ready to take me back. I shouldn't try to force it.
See what she remembers about her, about Ed, try to remain unnoticed and simply gather as much information as I can.

{Irine's host}
I made a decision, I should stick with it. No turning back now.
Go to Ed's home.
((I actually imagined your host as male, but I guess your host being female wouldn't alter the plot. So sure, let's say your host is female. Will add some variety since from the looks of it we had an almost all male cast. Somehow didn't realize that when I was writing this mission.))

The cold air is making your host shiver. You forgot to get your coat when you stormed out.
Well, you can't keep thinking about that. There's only one thing left to do now. You start walking as fast as you can. You think you remember where he lives, about a quarter of an hour of walking down this street, if you walk fast. It will take you a while to get there.

"I- I'm sorry." you hear Stellar talking to you. "D. told me-... I was being an idiot. This... this isn't about me. It's about you." There is a pause for a few seconds. "But I've put all that behind me. I'm here for you now, if you want me. I will help." She sounds a lot more determined then the last time you spoke to her.

You think about the past while walking.
Ed. Edward Kerr. You know him from school, kept contact after it. Was really the only person you were talking to during your service with the military. Helped with the searches when you were abroad. Even though that PI found nothing in the end. He helped you without asking for anything in return. He's a good guy. You could say he's one of your best friends if not the best. Thinking about this makes you feel bad for shouting at him when you were out.
He didn't have an easy life. Parents died a few years after the end of the war. Cancer got both of them. Not uncommon for those living near the radiation zone. You've always been telling him to leave that place but money was always a problem. He worked in an auto repair shop for a while. Has his own now, or at least one he shares with some other guy until he pays off his loan, he wasn't very clear about that. Does some odd jobs now and then to make ends meet. Lately things have been going a bit better for him, from what he's been telling you.
Where could he had seen her though? And why was he hesitant about this?

Zechariah tries to steady the flow of thoughts in his mind.

Relax, Zechariah. This is just like with Artemis, sharing a mind and body, except there is no transferring dimensions or conversing. Simple directions and thoughts...
Thinking about Artemis rustled up some bad thoughts that had been in the back of Zechariah's mind.
...Dammit, Artemis. If you're somehow the one causing trouble in this dimension...

Review the paper, and wait until the elevator gets to its destination. If it gets there in time, look outside cautiously.
The paper says to go to some place downtown and ask for Raul. Never heard of that place before, but then again you don't get out that much.

The elevator doors open to the building's underground garage. Looks empty. Then again, there aren't any shifts starting or ending at this time. Hopefully, you leaving will be seen as you being terrible at your work and not you being a spy.

The thought leaves you in an even worse psychological state. Your host doesn't notice it but your hand is trembling slightly. You approach your car and reach for your car keys.

"Hey, at least this dude's kind of a badass compared to the untrained schmuck with a sob story I got last time. So I can't really complain that much. I'm sure he'll turn out fine," Ike says to his kind overseer. Now, it seemed to be asking for some kind of action, huh?

>He can probably get you a handgun. Maybe a shotgun as well. Some body armor, maybe. And some tear gas grenades (plus a gasmask) and a bit of plastic explosive if that's permitted. Lots of people are going to die tonight, and many of them shall deserve what's coming.
"Yeah, you're right. Besides, whatever it is, I'm sure you'll make it fun, eh?"
You subtly influence your host to forgo the silenced pistol and go for something a bit more... powerful.
"Get me some body armor, the ceramic one, full coverage. Two Glock 18s, some CS, flashbangs, a gas mask..."
His confused look makes your host feel something that could be called happiness if one was being generous.
"And 3 blocks of C4. Throw in the Jackhammer too. And that RPG we got in the back."
"Perhaps you... overdid it a bit.
"Shit man, you're going to start a war?"
"I have a feeling that lots of people are going to die tonight. And many of them shall deserve what's coming." You say with a voice that could send chills down the spine of the Devil. Too bad you aren't wearing a cloak/trenchcoat. A window for lightning to strike and punctuate your words would have been a nice touch too.
"Uh...."
The man looks at you with a mix of surprise and dread. Mostly dread. A large amount of dread. His eyes are figuratively yelling "please don't kill me mister psycho killer".
"Sure, sure. I- I'll get right on it. Just... wait a moment." You half expect him to say please as he grabs a couple of large bags from the wall of his armored cubicle and walks towards the back of the armory to retrieve what you asked of him and put them in the bag, along with helpful things like bandoliers and holsters.
"Yep. Definitely overdid it a bit."

((I'll try to keep all the people in this mission at the same time, if possible. If we start getting delayed, I'll probably go for something more fluid and hope you don't cause any paradoxes.))

Meanwhile...

John looks at the map.  "So... it's landing at one of those three spots and we don't know which one.  Right, so what are this thing's weaknesses.  Will EMPs work well on it?  If not, what is the best weapon to weaken it until we can spear it?"

Choose 5 if it's outside on top of that building.  6 otherwise.
5 is inside some sort of stockpile store. I'm guessing you don't want to spawn there then.
6 is on the top floor of an under construction building, little more than scaffolding and supporting beams at the moment, with some metal and plastic floors.

"This was not a ship made for conventional interstellar travel, it had a small jump drive. Fortunately only had one charge in it, otherwise this could be much worse. However it still shielded from things like radiation and heat, so EMPs would not work unless you somehow managed to bypass its armor. There's also a very high chance it has re-purposed parts of the ship to create thicker or more efficient armor that will reduce the effectiveness of kinetic weapons. But I'm sure you'll think of something. Every system has its weaknesses. Systems created via evolution even more so."
Eria choose 1
Done. 1 is a one story open air restaurant near a park with a large fountain. It has a good view of the central plaza.
Check to see if I am wearing my usual outfit. Do I still have my club?
Nikolai Choose 2

Sure let's say you have it. It's not like it's a giant death laser.
Spawn Point 2. Immediately get a movement/attack power. Something telekinetic, maybe. Look around; attempt to locate BETA.
<Um, what can the BETA do?>
You'll start when everybody presses mouse button 1 is ready.
Spawn point 2 is a control room in the top level of a large circular tower with a dozen levels that stands higher than most other buildings. It is similar to an aircraft control tower. It's standing on top of another large building.

"Everything, really, everything the technology available to it permits it. It is an expert at manipulating technology and the manufacturing facilities the cargo ship was carrying give it the ability to re-purpose technology at an alarming rate. This was either a very lucky strike or a very well planned one. They are very bad at coming up with  new things, but once they come up with something new (or more likely just happen upon something new and analyze it (they're very good at analyzing)) they can deduce how it works, reproduce it, improve it, create variations of it..."

Still waiting for all people to choose. I think we're missing Coolrune and Fniff.
1 -> scapheap
2 -> NAV, GWG
6 -> Toaster
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:25:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 14, 2014, 01:42:45 pm »

((I voted in the poll.
Thought 1: Hey, why am I the only one who anyone else voted for?
Thought 2: Hey, why aren't there any votes on Other?
Thought 3: Oops. Hehe.
Thought 4: Crap.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1503 on: February 14, 2014, 01:43:42 pm »

((Poll ate some options for some reason. Fixed now.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 14, 2014, 01:57:25 pm »

((Regardless, I have an ominous feeling that Angel is going to be the first casualty. Again.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 14, 2014, 02:04:39 pm »

Wait, I'm in the game? :| Sorry I'm really confused.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1506 on: February 14, 2014, 02:09:48 pm »

Didn't I say that people not going to one mission were going to the other?
If I didn't, sorry.
EDIT: Just saw I forgot to answer toaster. Busy now. answer later.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:21:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 14, 2014, 03:23:47 pm »

"Holy crap, he got everything! Sweet. There's gonna be a party tonight, let me tell you!"

>Now that that's done, it's time for the next step, which is to grab all these implements of carnage and to contemplate what the actual next step might be. Find out who it is you're supposed to find, where to look, that sort of thing, maybe?

Ike himself will try to figure out who exactly the host is supposed to be revenging against. It's difficult to pretend he cares without even the slightest information on the matter. The rebels, right?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:29:29 pm by Harry Baldman »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 14, 2014, 03:29:37 pm »

Might as well follow what the paper says... I don't want to interfere with this guy's path too much. Not yet, anyways...

>Drive downtown to the place where Raul is mentioned to be and look for him.

Meanwhile, find out what group my host is in and why he is in it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:25:18 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 14, 2014, 03:39:06 pm »

B.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 14, 2014, 05:36:04 pm »

I do not envy you Target Amethyst.  Nor do I envy you Edward Kerr.  A shame that I have my orders.
Have my host drive near to the target's house.  Park far enough to make sure that the occupants of the house do not notice my host's vehicle.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:47:23 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 14, 2014, 08:10:46 pm »

((Yeah, that was Alan trying to take control of the guy so he can go to the ice cream store. He got another idea, though.))

Drive over to that bar.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 15, 2014, 03:54:44 am »

{Irine}
<Stellar? Welcome back! I'd hug you but you aren't physically here and I'm a little busy right now. Um, d-does this mean that you're ok with me?>
keep searching through my host's memories, trying to learn what I can about her. still try to remain unnoticed and non-influential.

{Irine's host}
He sounded nervous, maybe he's in trouble?
Hurry, get there soon.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:25:36 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1513 on: February 15, 2014, 08:31:06 am »

B.
I'm going to assume you mean 4.
Wait, I'm in the game? :| Sorry I'm really confused.
You're in the mission described here. Choose a spawn point, 1 through 6. Check the map in the spoiler at the end of the post. Once you choose a spawn point we can begin that mission.

Don't feel bad. You didn't delaying things, Toaster is unavailable for the weekend and he's in that mission. And I could use the time to study for that exam I have Monday.

I'm a bit busy now, turn later.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 08:33:36 am by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 15, 2014, 01:04:54 pm »

Try to spot BETA from the tower. Also try to use the instruments in the tower to find out where it is.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 521