Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125246 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1320 on: January 31, 2014, 12:01:06 am »

"Ahh, so it's one of those evil opposites thing, eh? I know that stuff. I can understand that and how it could lead to misunderstandings. In fact, once, in one of the worlds I had traveled to, there was this superhero who could enchant donkeys called the Great Ass. Heh, yeah, that guy had a good sense of humor. Too bad he was killed by the Big Rip." *chuckles* "And, anyway, a crazed villain who thought the Great Ass was his arch-nemesis or something misunderstood the origin of his name, so, you won't believe this, the guy started calling himself-..." the entity stops mid sentence. "Ooohh crap." he adds with an almost musical tone after a moment. He doesn't speak for the minute of quiet after that.
"Evil opposite... yeah... I guess." Zechariah contemplates this while Drake tells his story of the otherwordly donkey enchanter, until Drake stops. "Hm? What happened?"

Zechariah looks up to see flames emerging from a portal and Irine looking quite visibly enraged right about now. This image hit him hard. It reminded him of a time that seemed so long ago, yet was as vivid as the dawn itself in his mind.

Zechariah had seen this rage before, and he couldn't let it get out of hand. The only way Zechariah had survived this before was due to the dice rolling ever so luckily in his favor; otherwise, he would had lost his mind forever. He didn't want that to happen here.

"Irine, NO!"
Zechariah focused as much energy as possible, his eyes glowing with his wings. He begins running in Irine's direction with his staff up.
Use my light power to summon a storm of crystals around Irine to get her attention and hopefully calm her down, before things start getting out of hand.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:03:53 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 31, 2014, 12:15:00 am »

Use my power to get to the roof. Turn a shelf into a Tsar Shelf. See if that's tall enough to break through the ceiling and climb.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 31, 2014, 12:43:56 am »

"Not my choice. Every entity can bring almost anyone they want here. He chose to bring the Demongirl. Nothing I could do about that. Not that I'm complaining, she did an excellent job, even if she did most of that by accident."

((Did John hear this?))

John closes his eyes as he feels the information coming his way.  This is really more than he had hoped for- the secrets of the machine, laid bare before his eyes.  Then the world caught fire.

"What the hell?  Are you trying to get us all killed?"

Summon up a lava suit and get in, checking to make sure it's functional first.  Failing that, hop in the water and head downstream (hopefully without plummeting over waterfalls.)

((Yeah, this power is cooler than I thought it'd be.  You won me at sensing bent rails.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 31, 2014, 01:24:40 am »

WELL SCREW YOU YOU'RE ORANGE AND YOU'RE GETTING A SONG

Equip the most flamboyant pair of shoes, top hat, and cane possible. Begin tap dancing while singing:

Bears suck~
They're horrible when pickled
Bears SUCK
THEY KILL YOU WHEN THEY'RE TICKLED
But they have a vulnerability unmatched by any mortal creature due entirely in part to their horrific spawning place beyond the stars....
BUT I WON'T TELL YOU
because you suck
Thou art as frivolous as a duck
No shut up
A duck is totally frivolous
I don't know what that word means, but I assume that it's your fault~
YOU SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED
Hebebebebebeskibbidydoobadeedoo
That was the call of repel bears just in case you forgot
Because the point of this song is...
BEARS........
SSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!

Finish it off with a snazzy pose.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 31, 2014, 03:16:34 am »

Equip the most flamboyant pair of shoes, top hat, and cane possible. Begin tap dancing while singing:

Bears suck~
Bears SUCK
But they have a vulnerability unmatched by any mortal creature due entirely in part to their horrific spawning place beyond the stars....
BUT I WON'T TELL YOU
because you suck
No shut up
YOU SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED
BEARS........

If Ike is close enough to hear, applaud.

If the fires start to get close, test if I can imagine some sort of barrier in the way.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 31, 2014, 03:21:56 am »

As the entity finishes his reply, I stand there and stare at him for a second before I notice that I've been growling the entire time he was speaking. After another four seconds of me standing there, staring at him, I finally speak.
"You are no more innocent by being the one that gave the order than if you killed every single person that died today with your own hands. Nor does standing by and allowing it to happen cleanse you from being an accessory to this in any way. It is not that you cannot act, but that you choose not to act. I at least tried to save her, and to do with her life what she would have wished had she retained her will. Strange as it sounds, my hands are cleaner than yours. I may have failed, but I at least tried as best as I was able. You might as well have done the deed yourself."
I cross my arms
"Welcome to godhood youngling. Enjoy being a murderer, you're going to be doing it again soon enough. Either grow up and admit it, or give up and abandon your position. If you can't manage either one, then you have no right to have that kind of power in the first place. Attempting to pass the blame on is pathetic."
I spit on him, and prepare myself to immolate it if he tries the classic trick of redirecting it back at me.
"Now then, the terms of the game included our host's survival if we completed our objectives. As you yourself said, the objectives were completed. It was repeatedly stated that it doesn't matter how the objectives were completed. As such, I am owed the survival of my host. And you have failed to deliver. This is a breach of contract."
Check
"Irine, NO!"
Zechariah focused as much energy as possible, his eyes glowing with his wings. He begins running in Irine's direction with his staff up.
Use my light power to summon a storm of crystals around Irine to get her attention and hopefully calm her down, before things start getting out of hand.
this is completely ignored. I am fully aware that I cannot be harmed here, and I still have cards to play.

((Time spent crafting this reply: 3.5 hours. This is draft number 9))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 31, 2014, 04:37:34 am »

Eria look at the fires before finding a rock and start 'sun'bathing.(Cold-blooded after all) "Thank, Irine."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1327 on: January 31, 2014, 05:06:45 am »

((@Toaster: No, he's in another room. One of the good things about not being confined to one body and not really caring about that fox that's yelling at you is that you can have 2 conversations at once.

I said mechanical and electrical didn't I? Although the ability to sense electrical stuff is more awesome in my opinion. You won't believe how useful it would be for fixing stuff. Just last week I managed to fix an old LCD TV by swapping out 2$ worth of capacitors. Spared me the expenses of buying a new one. If only I could sense what's wrong with every piece of electronics, I could repair everything.
EDIT: Not to mention the understanding that would give me. Yeah, that's an awesome power. But not very practical, unless you have lots of time or a very specific situation that's not likely to come up.))

((@Lenglon: I feel your pain. Good to see I have such dedicated players. And I also feel like I'm getting an honor I don't deserve.))

((And Eria is sitting there saying "Can you girls stop screaming? I'm trying to relax and enjoy my firebath here." Now you just need some sunglasses. Ask Alan for some.))
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:24:53 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 31, 2014, 08:25:06 am »

((Time spent crafting this reply: 3.5 hours. This is draft number 9))
((You left out lack of knowledge about the craft--the vital point of the vital objective--being completely unknown to you.))

Angel is still in breakdown mode. "Psychological," not "Dancing".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 31, 2014, 08:53:05 am »

Noticing the yelling behind him, Bryan turns around and sees fire consuming an area of the staging area.  "What in the world?" he yells.  Seems that last mission was pretty traumatic.  He starts to move towards the flames.  Change the staging area to a rocky wasteland, without fuel.  If the fires persist see if I can use telekinesis to put them out somehow
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1330 on: January 31, 2014, 12:30:06 pm »

The Staging Area
John closes his eyes as he feels the information coming his way.  This is really more than he had hoped for- the secrets of the machine, laid bare before his eyes.  Then the world caught fire.

"What the hell?  Are you trying to get us all killed?"

Summon up a lava suit and get in, checking to make sure it's functional first.  Failing that, hop in the water and head downstream (hopefully without plummeting over waterfalls.)
You start the process of summoning a lava suit. But then you reconsider. Why summon a lava suit, when you can summon an extreme conditions exoskeleton?
The monstrous mech slowly begins forming in front of you, its limbs and torso thick with non-reactive plating, electrical and heat insulation, radiation shielding, temperature regulation pipes and EMF shielded electric motors and electronics. It takes some time for you to summon it, so by the time it's ready, the flames have already fully surrounded the rock you are building this on.
After checking to make sure there's nothing wrong with it (there is nothing, nothing you can sense anyway) you hurriedly get in and seal the exoskeleton behind you, certain that someone would have to dip you inside a volcano for you to feel any heat in here. Just in time too, as the external cameras are showing fire and fireballs everywhere.
There is of course the problem that this thing is so cramped you can't do anything in it, its speed and reaction times are extremely slow and its thick claw-like hands are unable to handle anything more delicate than a boulder. But, like those intelligence agencies always said to justify their actions, you have to give up some of your freedoms in order to remain safe.

Bears suck~
Bears SUCK
BUT I WON'T TELL YOU
because you suck
No shut up
YOU SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED
BEARS........

You equip the most eye-hurtingly bright and colorful combination of cane, shoes and top hat you can find and proceed to sing the bear song with your best singing voice, twisting your cane and dancing elegantly while the world literally burns around you.
Well done. Your entity would feel proud for you if it was capable of feeling basic human emotions.
You finish your performance by throwing your cane in the air, jumping and then doing jazz hands!
If Ike is close enough to hear Alan, applaud.

If the fires start to get close, test if I can imagine some sort of barrier in the way.

You applaud Alan while chanting "Encore! Encore!" Alan catches his cane, does a small bow and tips his hat while thanking all the lizard overlords for the inspiration they provided him.
Angel is still in breakdown mode. "Psychological," not "Dancing".
It's hard to resist the urge to join Alan with your own breakdown dancing. His moves are so mesmerising...
Eria look at the fires before finding a rock and start 'sun'bathing.(Cold-blooded after all) "Thank, Irine."
You sit down and chill, enjoying the heat, completely oblivious to whatever all this yelling and crying is about.
You take a deep breath, hold it for a moment and then exhale.
Aaahhh... I love the smell of psychological breakdowns in the morning.

Use my power to get to the roof. Turn a shelf into a Tsar Shelf. See if that's tall enough to break through the ceiling and climb.
You can't even focus hard enough to transform the shelf. Must be disorientation.
For the sake of progress, let's say you try again.
You strain so hard you think you might have a stroke but you still can't focus enough to transform the object.
Let's try a third time.
You manage to grow the shelf to about half the length required to reach the ceiling, but you loose your concentration halfway through the process, leaving you with a Semi-Tsar shelf.
This is getting ridiculous. Let's try again.
You accidentally shove the shelf while trying to use your ability, breaking one of its legs and causing it to collapse on you. Strangely, this causes you no pain, only a minor discomfort.
You try to lift the shelf off of you but you aren't strong enough.
"Hihihihihi..." You hear laughter echoing throughout the abandoned supermarket.

I think Xantalos may have found some competition for his position as unluckiest player of the game.

The Staging Area contd.
"Ahh, so it's one of those evil opposites thing, eh? I know that stuff. I can understand that and how it could lead to misunderstandings. In fact, once, in one of the worlds I had traveled to, there was this superhero who could enchant donkeys called the Great Ass. Heh, yeah, that guy had a good sense of humor. Too bad he was killed by the Big Rip." *chuckles* "And, anyway, a crazed villain who thought the Great Ass was his arch-nemesis or something misunderstood the origin of his name, so, you won't believe this, the guy started calling himself-..." the entity stops mid sentence. "Ooohh crap." he adds with an almost musical tone after a moment. He doesn't speak for the minute of quiet after that.
"Evil opposite... yeah... I guess." Zechariah contemplates this while Drake tells his story of the otherwordly donkey enchanter, until Drake stops. "Hm? What happened?"

Zechariah looks up to see flames emerging from a portal and Irine looking quite visibly enraged right about now. This image hit him hard. It reminded him of a time that seemed so long ago, yet was as vivid as the dawn itself in his mind.

Zechariah had seen this rage before, and he couldn't let it get out of hand. The only way Zechariah had survived this before was due to the dice rolling ever so luckily in his favor; otherwise, he would had lost his mind forever. He didn't want that to happen here.

"Irine, NO!"
((May I ask how exactly a storm of crystals is supposed to calm somebody down? I get the distraction part, but I think it would be more like trading being upset because of A for being upset because of B.))
Noticing the yelling behind him, Bryan turns around and sees fire consuming an area of the staging area.  "What in the world?" he yells.  Seems that last mission was pretty traumatic.  He starts to move towards the flames.  Change the staging area to a rocky wasteland, without fuel.  If the fires persist see if I can use telekinesis to put them out somehow
Zechariah manages to throw some light shards towards Irene but she doesn't seem to mind that much.
Bryan's and Irene's powers and willpowers collide with roughly equal measure. The Staging Area remains unchanged but her expanding area of fire... well, stops being expanding but remains an area of fire. Jets of fire rise towards the sky where her pyrokinesis meets his telekinesis.
As the entity finishes his reply, I stand there and stare at him for a second before I notice that I've been growling the entire time he was speaking. After another four seconds of me standing there, staring at him, I finally speak.
"You are no more innocent by being the one that gave the order than if you killed every single person that died today with your own hands. Nor does standing by and allowing it to happen cleanse you from being an accessory to this in any way. It is not that you cannot act, but that you choose not to act. I at least tried to save her, and to do with her life what she would have wished had she retained her will. Strange as it sounds, my hands are cleaner than yours. I may have failed, but I at least tried as best as I was able. You might as well have done the deed yourself."
I cross my arms
"Welcome to godhood youngling. Enjoy being a murderer, you're going to be doing it again soon enough. Either grow up and admit it, or give up and abandon your position. If you can't manage either one, then you have no right to have that kind of power in the first place. Attempting to pass the blame on is pathetic."
I spit on him, and prepare myself to immolate it if he tries the classic trick of redirecting it back at me.
"Now then, the terms of the game included our host's survival if we completed our objectives. As you yourself said, the objectives were completed. It was repeatedly stated that it doesn't matter how the objectives were completed. As such, I am owed the survival of my host. And you have failed to deliver. This is a breach of contract."
Check
"Irine, NO!"
this is completely ignored. I am fully aware that I cannot be harmed here, and I still have cards to play.
The spit disintegrates into red haze and then dissapears before it reaches him.
"Yeah, because your good intentions are aaall that matters in this world." responds the entity sarcastically. "And do you honestly think I care about the death of a single human? Or a thousand humans? Do you know how many humans have died during the time it took me to utter this sentence? Should I perhaps go about saving everyone until the universe is nothing more than clusters of humans floating in space? Or is it simply the humans you know about that you so hypocritically 'care' for? Was it like that in your world, I wonder? Was your inadequacy there equal in measure to the one you displayed here? Is that how you managed to end up here? How many people did your failures let down there?" He lets that question linger for a moment.

"Anyway, I made no such promise. In fact, he informed you of the exact opposite. That your host's sacrifice may be required to complete the mission. Of course, nobody would had died if only you had been competent and followed the directions given to you, now would they? Although, believe me, screwing up the mission in just the perfect way did make my job many times easier. This world is closer to freedom than ever."
"I suppose I should thank you for that."
he adds in that smug voice of his, making a small mock-bow of respect.

((No, really, I don't remember saying that. If I did, then consider this him just being an asshole.
And GWG, don't you dare say "slippery slope".))

So, we've got some volunteers for the Amethyst mission. Those are in no particular order:
  • Lenglon
  • Harry Baldman
  • Alarith
  • Xantalos
  • DarkArtemisFowl
  • GreatWyrmGold
  • NAV

If you want to be in that list or if you don't want to be in that list, say so now. I'm rolling next turn to see who gets left behind to participate in the other normal mission I'll be running simultaneously.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:22:08 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 31, 2014, 12:50:36 pm »

Alan frowns at the fire.

Summon several high pressure water hoses that are aimed at the fox. Once it goes out, walk up and slap it.

Now go clean up your ashes, you litterer!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 31, 2014, 12:52:53 pm »

"Of course, nobody would had died if only you had been competent and followed the directions given to you, now would they?"
((Wrong. Only one could escape, by design, and the others--even if they survived to see the missile--would have been killed afterwards, by the self-destruct or by angry Soviet agents. Unless, perhaps, we stole some ships despite this not being anywhere in the directions.))

And GWG, don't you dare say "slippery slope".
((I only say that when slippery slope arguments are in play.
*scans for SSF*
Oh, that. It's not quite SSF, it's more of argumentum ad absurdium.))

Angel does not calm down. She is basically ignored. Jerks.
Well, she's crying a bit less now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 31, 2014, 01:13:24 pm »

Zechariah is overwhelmed by this entity's patronizing manner. He lets a bit of the Artemis inside of him show, his wings and eyes sporting a slightly purple tinge.
"This is what I hate about every single deity that ever existed! They become so desensitized to life that they see living beings as a means to an end, and nothing more! YOU are the one who organized this mission, you are the one responsible for pointless deaths! Hell, even Eido Aeterno cared more about his subjects than you do! I won't stand to become a cold killer, and I will not be a pawn to serial killers themselves! I'm starting to think that even Artemis was great compared to you entities!"

Zechariah is shivering now, his eyes and wings glowing with a clear brightness. His eyes and wings both take on even more of an amethyst tinge, and his voice is very faintly doubled over with the voice of someone else.

"I am standing by Irine now. Fix this wreck of a system. Now. Before Artemis arrives, and by then, I won't be in control anymore and there will be more than hell to pay."

Action PM'd.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1334 on: January 31, 2014, 01:15:41 pm »

((I'm not gonna argue about this OOC, but I'll say you could have completed the mission with only the humans that were hooked up on the ship dying,. And those guys were pretty much dead anyway. I'm not saying doing that was easy, I'm just saying it's possible.))
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 521