Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125545 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1260 on: January 29, 2014, 04:38:45 pm »

((Actually, now that I've refamiliarized myself with the options, Target Amethyst does sound quite intriguing.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 29, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »

((Target Amethyst?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Game Types
« Reply #1262 on: January 29, 2014, 04:40:12 pm »

((Check the second post for the gametype list and some examples, which includes this: ))

Target Amethyst: Who is Target Amethyst? What is Target Amethyst? And why does everyone in Universe 1058 want to get Target Amethyst, either dead or alive? This mission will depend heavily on Roleplaying. And NOT on you roleplaying your character, on your character roleplaying your host. Your hosts will be dominant and you will be influencing their actions. You will need to overcome their mind when you have to do things that disagree with their character. You will also have a synchronization stat that will recover slowly overtime and decrease rapidly when doing things against your host's character. This mission will take place in a city, similar in size to an extreme arena or larger. Mention it in thread or via PM if you are interested in this mission.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 29, 2014, 04:41:18 pm »

((I'll likely colossally fuck up when we go on it, but that sounds interesting.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 29, 2014, 04:44:17 pm »

Jordan swishes the good whiskey around in it's glass a bit, then takes another sip. "My teammates? I think you are capable of asking them yourself." He smiles. "Seriously, I found them acceptable. At least in combat."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:48:48 pm by Fniff »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 29, 2014, 05:12:55 pm »

Angel smiles.
"It's not very common, I guess. Not quite as useful as it sounds, though, the powers aren't usually great..."
"I'm sure that every power has its use somewhere, even if it doesn't seem useful at the time."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 29, 2014, 05:53:55 pm »

"Had to... Had to what? Stellar? I don't understand. I... what's wrong? Why wouldn't I want to be your friend? You're here for me, aren't you? I still trust you. I still like you!"
I rock back and forth in her arms.
"Comon Stellar, stop being so mean to yourself. I need you Stellar! Please, can we please be friends? Please?"
I suddenly lick her cheek once.
"Gotcha! Comon! Please? I'm supposed to be the depressed one here, remember? Please, I just want to know what's happening to me. It's not that I don't trust you. It's that I can't help unless I know what I'm really doing, and why. What are the Games, really?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 29, 2014, 06:29:58 pm »

Angel smiles.
"It's not very common, I guess. Not quite as useful as it sounds, though, the powers aren't usually great..."
"I'm sure that every power has its use somewhere, even if it doesn't seem useful at the time."
"One of my powers was growing my hair into armor. It was really clumsy and didn't help against the spidery...fleshy...robotty...thing that...killed my host..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: January 29, 2014, 07:32:49 pm »

"One of my powers was growing my hair into armor. It was really clumsy and didn't help against the spidery...fleshy...robotty...thing that...killed my host..."
"Give me some time, I'll try to think of a use for it if it surfaces again.  What was that about a host?"
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1269 on: January 29, 2014, 07:56:00 pm »

((Just wanted to say that the Target Amethyst mission will start only when we have 6 volunteers for it. Right now there are only 4 volunteers, I think?So if you voted "other' in hopes of playing it, feel free to change your vote. If you voted other for some other reason, please specify that reason.))
((Edit: @GWG : Keratin is actually a fairly strong substance. It would make for good armor if that thing wasn't shooting you with Vulcan rotary cannons using High Explosive bullets.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:00:12 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: January 29, 2014, 07:59:18 pm »

((Please, everyone, I really am intrigued by what Target Amethyst is. Really intrigued, mostly because of Zechariah's backstory, but also because of the implications it could have for the whole team.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 29, 2014, 08:12:00 pm »

"Give me some time, I'll try to think of a use for it if it surfaces again.  What was that about a host?"
"...We're in a weird game, and we're given...people to take over, called hosts, and...if we mess up they die..."
Angel is on the verge of tears.

((Edit: @GWG : Keratin is actually a fairly strong substance. It would make for good armor if that thing wasn't shooting you with Vulcan rotary cannons using High Explosive bullets.))
((1. It's still hardly optimal.
2. I'd call it pretty darn useless in this case.
3. You are five years old. You get the power to turn your hair into armor, which proves 100% useless the one time it gets used. Do you think it sounds useful or useless?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 29, 2014, 08:29:29 pm »

Abilities: Telekinesis. He can control objects within a short radius of him with his mind, and accelerate it to a pretty decent speed. He is unable to control living organisms, and, depending on the size, he may be only able to move it very slowly, or not at all.

Powers gained by: An extremely strange group of events, beginning with him slipping and falling off a bridge, then him meeting an incredibly strange spectral humanoid, then being possessed by said specter until he had completed a task the specter had to complete on this world- during the possession, he had many superhuman abilities, but when the specter abandoned him, only one had remained.

Name: Rune (The ghost referred to him as "Rune", but he has no recollection of what his name was before it, or anything before the possession.

Description: A tall, slim man, usually wearing a fedora that hides his eyes in shadows. When his eyes are visible, they are haunted by past memories he will never forget.

Bio: Has no memories of past since possession. Before being called up by the beings, he usually hid from humanity, and never used his abilities.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 02:59:45 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 29, 2014, 08:32:59 pm »

-5,000 degrees Celsius
((My head...))

Powers gained by: An extremely strange group of events, beginning with him slipping and falling off a bridge, then him meeting an incredibly strange spectral humanoid, then being possessed by said specter until he had completed a task the specter had to complete on this world- during the possession, he had many superhuman abilities, but when the specter abandoned him, only one had remained.

Name: Rune (The ghost referred to him as "Rune", but he has no recollection of what his name was before it, or anything before the possession.

Description: A tall, slim man, usually wearing a fedora that hides his eyes in shadows. When his eyes are visible, they are haunted by past memories he will never forget.

Bio: Has no memories of past since possession.Before being called up by the beings, he usually hid from humanity, and never used his abilities.
((Remarkably...generic.))
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 29, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »

Description: A tall, slim man, usually wearing a fedora

((I'm sorry, I just had to.))

Zechariah notices Angel for the first time, talking with a newcomer. Amid the chaos of his own mind, he walks over to talk with Angel.
"How are you, Angel? Did everything go okay with your entity?" Introducing himself to the newcomer also, he extends his hand. "Hello, my name's Zechariah. How are you also?"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:42:01 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 521