Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126390 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Ghost
« Reply #1005 on: January 12, 2014, 03:29:33 pm »

"Could you guess, then?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 12, 2014, 06:07:57 pm »

Stay back and keep on the lookout for this white humanoid again.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:46:32 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 12, 2014, 07:21:54 pm »

Keep an eye out as well, with gun ready to fire.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 13, 2014, 12:26:42 am »

Through interface, to teammates: <There's a pale blade-arm-thing at the Device and I'm out of firepower. Help?>
stand still in silence and wait, making no noise to draw its attention or startle it. If it turns towards me then back away slowly. If it advances on me then back away rapidly. If it is about to jump me literally then switch back to full-fox mode and let the flames from the conversion engulf my attacker.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 13, 2014, 12:49:10 am »

Zechariah chides himself silently. Of course it wouldn't be so idiotic as to come back to its attackers, it would try to escape.
Interface, Irine: <On it. Give me a few moments.>

Go down the ladder to help Irine. Try to sneak up behind the humanoid thing and use the shadows to restrain it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1010 on: January 13, 2014, 08:29:49 am »

To entity: <Man, who knew that somebody's life story could actually be that operatic?>

Try to figure out a way to fix the dang machines, or at least a way to break them so it benefits our goal.
"You know I can't actually see your flashbacks, right?"
The control room looks a lot like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but with more things sliced in half and not working. Not a large chance you could break something in here. And, while you aren't an IT expert, you're fairly certain accessing the reactor's higher functions would require the computers to be operational, unless you can short wires a few thousand times per second. But you reason you might be able to activate some of the lower level mechanical systems if you short the right wires. The problem is, how do you figure out which wires to choose...

Well, only one way to find out! Let's start randomly crossing wires! What could possibly go wrong?

You look at the wires in front of you. Well, you're not going to go for any wire, oh noooo! You're looking for something special, something dazzling, something... something... something like that hidden thick cable going in that wall! You rip the cable out of the wall, revealing a box with a circuit board and various wires connected to it. Okay, this thing was hidden so it must have been important. Let's see... eeny, meeny, miny, moe, cross the ground with 44... *click* *spark* *boom* Support beam down.

An explosion rocks the control room. One of the metal beams linking the metal platform around the reactor to the ceiling has just been replaced by dust, metal scraps and a hole in the ceiling.
"Looks like they were planning to drop the reactor down if something went wrong. He he, silly humans."
This is a good find, but not the best you could hope for. One of those wires could be used to drop the reactor down below, thus disabling it. On the other hand, too many wrong wires could cause you to fall to your death.

Perhaps you could search for another means of disabling the reactor. Or perhaps you could leave Zechariah behind and have him short all the wires. He looks like the kind of guy who would go for a heroic sacrifice. Plus, if he doesn't treat his wounds soon, he isn't going to be alive for long anyway...
Keep an eye out as well, with gun ready to fire.
You watch as Ike goes all gremlin on those wires.

Through interface, to teammates: <There's a pale blade-arm-thing at the Device and I'm out of firepower. Help?>
stand still in silence and wait, making no noise to draw its attention or startle it. If it turns towards me then back away slowly. If it advances on me then back away rapidly. If it is about to jump me literally then switch back to full-fox mode and let the flames from the conversion engulf my attacker.
You stand perfectly still and watch as the creature starts hitting the floor near the device with its blades, slowly cutting through it.
You also see Zechariah getting in flanking position behind it, hiding behind a console. He's bleeding as badly as the creature from a horizontal slash on his abdomen and a gunshot wound on his left hand.

Zechariah chides himself silently. Of course it wouldn't be so idiotic as to come back to its attackers, it would try to escape.
Interface, Irine: <On it. Give me a few moments.>

Go down the ladder to help Irine. Try to sneak up behind the humanoid thing and use the shadows to restrain it.
You get down from the ladder and start heading towards Irene. You stop and hide behind a console when you hear a banging noise. A quick look confirms that it's the same thing from before, bleeding profusely and striking the floor near the Device with its blades. You can also see Irene in her Hybrid form standing a bit beyond the halfway point of the bridge, watching the creature, standing perfectly still. You focus, trying to prepare your mind for battle as best you can.
You're not feeling so well and you're starting to get dizzy.

"A way to see memories from another angle, It would be nice to hang onto those.  That was the last question I could think of, so I am read to see this architect now."
"Okay..." she turns around, takes a deep breath and gets ready to open the doors leading to the magma pool, but hesitates. She turns to look at you again. "Be careful. He may seem civil, but in truth he's just a liar full of anger." She opens the door and enters the magma chamber.
It's just like you remembered it, only now you can see a humanoid made of shadow-fire standing near a man in a white leather jacket with red stripes. They're standing a good distance away from you and it looks like they're whispering to each other. The man in white looks confused. The shadow-man looks at you for a second and then back at the man in white before disappearing.
He reappears on a lectern on the other side of the magma lake.
"Ah, another player. Excellent." the shadow-man says. His voice (which is surprisingly human) sounds clear despite the distance. "Welcome. Please, make yourself comfortable. Chat with each other if you want. We're waiting for another one to join us for I hate repeating myself.
So, new guy, Soldier,"
he addressees you "has she told you about the rules of this place?"

"Could you guess, then?"
"...okay...
63.1% chance for alarm triggered in the first level.
v Average team deaths for the first level if alarm triggered: 4.5
v Average opponent deaths for the first level if alarm triggered: 32
v Average opponent deaths for the second level if alarm triggered: 0.7
v Average team deaths for the the second level if alarm triggered: 3.6
- Average opponent deaths for the first level if alarm not triggered: 4.2
- Average team deaths for the first level if alarm not triggered: 0.3
- Average team deaths for the second level if alarm not triggered: 0.1
- 87.3 % chance for alarm triggered in the second level.
-- Average enemy deaths if alarm not triggered in the second level: 3.8
-v Average enemy deaths if alarm triggered in the second level: 1.4
It gets too fuzzy after that. Too many assumptions and random data used to fill the holes. And the ship's magic is making it more hard. I could pick an individual leaf if you want some particular thing to happen.
...This is a sad story. It rarely ends well..."

Peregrine
Travel towards the light, being aware of my surroundings all the same.
When it comes to a point wherein I believe I'm near, go sneak and check on the origin of the source.

..Mmm, very strange. Red lights are not the usual kinds of lighting. Where am I? I was dreaming back then--and this surely isn't a dream.

I can see my nose.

((Oh, out of curiosity, now that you've mentioned the nose, does your character have a human's nose/mouth or a fox's snout?))

You start moving towards the light, carefully watching your surroundings. You have the feeling you are being watched, but despite keeping your eyes peeled for danger, you see nothing.

After a while of walking through the undergrowth and rotten leaves that make up the ground of this forest you reach another clearing. From here you can see that the light is coming from something that looks like a cave, a tunnel made of moss-covered stone rising out of the ground.

You are about to continue walking when you hear something move in a bush on your right.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:57:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 13, 2014, 08:50:26 am »

"No, I assume that there is something special about it though.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 13, 2014, 08:58:00 am »

Angel loses focus partway through, partly because of the sheer number of numbers and partly because of the explosion, coming from the screen showing the endgame of the almost-forgotten mission.

"How many people die? And how many people did die this time? How...how many people would my, uh, host have...killed?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 13, 2014, 11:01:51 am »

To entity: <I suppose it's okay you can't see 'em - it's your basic tale of a man being ostracized and occasionally exploited because of his big honkin' ears and nose, separated from his family and loved ones, accepting a suicide mission deep inside enemy territory to have one good chance of hurting the people he hates most. That does remind me, though. Were we supposed to plug something into the reactor before it got disabled, or after?>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 13, 2014, 11:09:36 am »

Jordan looked at Ike trying to short out the wires. "You know, maybe we should try disabling the power instead of just going for the electrics themselves. The electrics are too risky, and they can't have all the controls be based in here. They have to have a special emergency button somewhere."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 13, 2014, 11:13:09 am »

Jordan looked at Ike trying to short out the wires. "You know, maybe we should try disabling the power instead of just going for the electrics themselves. The electrics are too risky, and they can't have all the controls be based in here. They have to have a special emergency button somewhere."

"Considering that shorting all this crap out could very well kill everyone here, I'm tending toward agreeing with you. I mean, we could get the Unluckiest Man In The World (or Second-Unluckiest, maybe) to try and take this all out, but I bet it'd just end up biting us in the ass somehow. So... power disabling it is!"

Look for a way to cut power to the control area. If I happen to find it, don't cut the power yet!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 13, 2014, 11:20:59 am »

"Yeah, let's not try to replicate Chernobyl in here if possible."
Assist with searching for a power disabler.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1017 on: January 13, 2014, 11:50:27 am »

"No, I assume that there is something special about it though."
"Oh, standard stuff, really. Things that make sure the Games stay competitive, that there is no cheating. You'll be informed most of the time if you're doing something wrong. The most important things you need to know right now is that this is a safe area, just for you and the other players. It's called the Staging Area. No harm can come to you here and you can change the decor with your mind."
The man in white approaches you and looks around. "So... Got any idea about what's going on here?"

Angel loses focus partway through, partly because of the sheer number of numbers and partly because of the explosion, coming from the screen showing the endgame of the almost-forgotten mission.

"How many people die? And how many people did die this time? How...how many people would my, uh, host have...killed?"
"Thinking like that will get you nowhere. You can't use numbers to judge things like that. Can we just please stop talking about this? I don't like it.
There are new people in the Staging Area. Maybe you want to go and greet them? I don't think you want to watch how this ends..."

To entity: <I suppose it's okay you can't see 'em - it's your basic tale of a man being ostracized and occasionally exploited because of his big honkin' ears and nose, separated from his family and loved ones, accepting a suicide mission deep inside enemy territory to have one good chance of hurting the people he hates most. That does remind me, though. Were we supposed to plug something into the reactor before it got disabled, or after?>
"Oh, he must be one of those DARK/TRAGIC-PAST-ANTIHEROE-DUDES then. Never liked those. Always pretend they're so serious when they're really even crazier than the guys they're after."
"Anyway, Irene took care of that. You're free to destroy or disconnect the reactor. Either will do."

Peregrine
Turn quite slowly, nonchalantly, to view the origin of the sound in peripheral vision (appear not to notice and idly look around), then wait to check what the origin is.

If its some insignificant threat-animal like a squirrel, then calm my spear-hand and check that cave!

((Oh, out of curiosity, now that you've mentioned the nose, does your character have a human's nose/mouth or a fox's snout?))
((...I dunno. What seems nicer to you x3 I could go with anthropomorphism, or go with human + foxtail/ears. ))
((Hmm... that's a tough choice. I could write an essay about what the two different looks mean and the way they could affect how a character in a story is perceived. And more importantly, how other people in a game react to you. But I think I'm going to go with... the second. Human + foxtail/ears.))

You very casually turn to look to your right. Nothing there. Not even a squirrel or bug. But you're certain you heard something, it can't have just-
"Hello, little girl." you hear a voice behind you. You turn around, spear at the ready, only to see a great black-furred wolf. He's the size of a St. Bernard and is slowly walking towards you, his amber eyes looking into yours.
"Are you lost?" he asks, a hint of amusement is his deep voice. His mouth remains closed and yet you're certain he's the one speaking.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:59:46 am by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 13, 2014, 12:00:57 pm »

Losing blood fast. Then again, so is this humanoid thing.

...I don't want either of us to die just yet.

Keep sneaking and try to use the shadows to restrain this humanoid thing. Don't harm it if possible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 13, 2014, 12:28:14 pm »

((And because you don't kill it, it kills you. The end.))

"Okay." Angel glumly heads for the Staging Area.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 521