Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126451 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Ghost
« Reply #990 on: January 11, 2014, 01:02:04 am »

Okay then! You will be called Jim Carrey Riddler Alfred Rhymerer!

Alan looks proud of himself.

Now then, off to adventure!

Zoom off into the unknown!

((Oh dear.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 11, 2014, 04:52:30 am »

To teammates: <Great work, team. Maybe less friendly fire would have been better, but hey, can't have everything!>

Help Jordan pull Zech up. Then climb up to control room.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #992 on: January 11, 2014, 10:30:19 am »

Nurture the fire I'm warming myself by, growing it (and any others nearby I can use) to a useful level.
for the third turn in a row, including the turn I was skipped, do the same action.
You disperse your perfectly good flames, leaving nothing but ash and slowly burning embers. You also manage to set your fur on fire.
You feel like luck is looking at you with her snake-eyes, laughing.
Thankfully, your resistance means it doesn't cause any real damage before it is extinguished. It just messed with your looks and a gave you a bad smell of burnt hair.
"Warning: Reactor control system malfunction. Switching to hardware failsafe." announces the female voice from the speakers.

Zech: <"Hold on there, champ!>"
Rush to aid Zech.
"Aaah!" Zechariah drew back in pain as Jordan's bullet went through his hand.

Dammit. At least it's not my writing hand.

Try to pull myself up or wait at least for Jordan to pick me up.
To teammates: <Great work, team. Maybe less friendly fire would have been better, but hey, can't have everything!>

Help Jordan pull Zech up. Then climb up to control room.
Zechariah struggles to hold on, but his shot hand is making it harder for him. It slips, leaving him hanging with just his right hand.
"Warning: Reactor control system malfunction. Switching to hardware failsafe."
Just as he feels his strength failing, Ike arrives. And in his rush to aid him, he accidentally steps on Zechariah's hand. Despite that minor mishap, he manages to pull Zechariah up. Zechariah bends down and retrieves his staff. Jordan arrives soon after.
"You know, this would have been a lot more dramatic if Mage-guy over there didn't have wings." the entity says, annoyance clear in his tone.
Everyone looks at each other in silence for a moment. Zechariah is bleeding from his hand and abdomen. He had lost a lot of blood with his previous injury, so it might be a good idea to do something about that before he bleeds out.
Ike can hear things getting torn apart in the control room and then only silence.

John quietly listened to the report.  After it was done, he sat in silence, then grunted.  <<Good information.  I'll certainly remember to check my equipment from now on.  Thank you.  Is there anything you need... no, wait, I mean... Requesting objective while waiting for mission completion?>>
Interface with entity.
"Unable to comply. No objectives available. General directive: Improve yourself."

"So, literally a place between worlds, and who knows where that is.  An interesting question, with an answer that I am sure I would not understand.  Freedom, at least you know what cause you stand for, a good one at that.  I'm not even sure how to deal with the problems in my world.  I'll help you.  I suppose the only thing I could ask for is friendship, something more valuable then an ally, and something that can only be freely given.  Sorry for sounding a bit philosophical there, I only meant that we could be friends if you want."
Continue following Kathryn
"Hmmm... 'Friends'... she contemplates for a second.
"Friendly yes, but not friends. Not yet anyway. I'm already trusting you with a lot and you are trusting me with a lot. I'd prefer we maintain that relationship of mutual trust before we move on to something that requires more trust. I've been let down too many times before. I can't afford to leave myself vulnerable."
She points at the doors that lead to the magma pool. "So, any more questions before I take you to see him?"

"Um...yeah, I guess. It sounds pretty lonely."
The entity may or may not respond, but this is probably followed by silence. Angel watches her teammates fight the blur.
"Why are the games so...deadly? I don't even know how many people I...how many people died while I was in there. And why do they even exist? These games?"
"The people that died there were not the fault of the Games. It would had gone badly even without your ((plural)) intervention. The raid would had happened, something would have gone wrong, your hosts or the people in their way would have been hurt. The world had a problem, a bad thing in it. The Games just changed the outcome."

Okay then! You will be called Jim Carrey Riddler Alfred Rhymerer!

Alan looks proud of himself.

Now then, off to adventure!

Zoom off into the unknown!

((Oh dear.))
((Hah! Imagining him talking with the voice of the Riddler sure is fun. Kind of fits in a way.))
The only response that comes from the squids is laughter. The kind of laughter the bad guy does before unleashing his doomsday device, if that bad guy was laughing with the mouths of thousands of alien creatures.
Like a jellyfish going against the current or a red queen, you move without going anywhere, as indicated by the portal to the magma pool that always remains close behind you. Instead your surroundings change, the multicolored spheres giving their place to a debris field made of garbage and discarded appliances. Or maybe the portal follows you around? Eh, it's all relative. Point is, your surroundings change. When the debris collide with each other, they melt and reform into something new and then break apart after a while.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 10:32:11 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 11, 2014, 10:35:58 am »

To teammates: <Well, goddammit. I think that ghost guy just obliterated something important. Doesn't he have anything better to do than be an asshole to us?>

Climb up to the control room and survey the damage.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 11, 2014, 01:00:34 pm »

"I understand not wanting to be friends until we trust each other more, I merely meant when all of this is over.  Other questions, umm.  Oh, I grabbed those vials of liquid from the nightstand, Can you tell me what those are?"
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #995 on: January 11, 2014, 01:23:39 pm »

To teammates: <Well, goddammit. I think that ghost guy just obliterated something important. Doesn't he have anything better to do than be an asshole to us?>

Climb up to the control room and survey the damage.
You open the door to the control room. The computers, screens and keyboards there are sliced and destroyed. Some stray slices and stabs mark the walls, accompanied with some blood and some of the white liquid. Whatever that thing was, it's bleeding now.
"Great. I told that butterfly-idiot to get in here, but did he listen? Noooo." *sigh*
"....... Just... look for a way to disconnect the reactor. Maybe you can make it drop down in the darkness somehow. Or open its shield and shoot it, it should auto shutdown if damaged. Or just cut the cables, maybe that will work. And watch out, that thing is hiding in and around a layer of space. It'll probably try to stop you again."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 11, 2014, 01:37:32 pm »

To my dear old entity: <Eh, don't blame that poor guy. He's been stabbed, sliced, befuddled by magic and afflicted by a whole lot of other horrible things beyond count while he's been here. Honestly, I'm surprised how he's still alive and hasn't passed out from the sheer misery of it all by now.>

<Also, how much time do you reckon we have? More than, say, twenty minutes? I think we can let that guy safely bleed out if we do.>

Listen. Can I sense the spatial distortion anywhere still?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #997 on: January 11, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »

To my dear old entity: <Eh, don't blame that poor guy. He's been stabbed, sliced, befuddled by magic and afflicted by a whole lot of other horrible things beyond count while he's been here. Honestly, I'm surprised how he's still alive and hasn't passed out from the sheer misery of it all by now.>

<Also, how much time do you reckon we have? More than, say, twenty minutes? I think we can let that guy safely bleed out if we do.>

Listen. Can I sense the spatial distortion anywhere still?
"Yeah, yeah. Sorry. Just a bit... angry they wouldn't let me warn you. Anyway, the soldiers should take a while to reach you. The problem is that thing. I don't know what it is, what it can do or if it has any friends on their way here."
Sending out a few sonar pulses reveals nothing in or around the control room or this side of the reactor. Perhaps the creature is hiding on the other side of the reactor? Or maybe it's somewhere else entirely? You didn't see it using any doors to get in here...

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: January 11, 2014, 01:59:23 pm »

To my kindly master: <One question: what exactly are we trying to do here? Unplug the reactor, then slot in those vials we got to get some kind of horrible reality-altering effect? Am I getting this right?>

Carefully advance toward the machines. Be prepared for interference. Examine them. Does my current host have any knowledge of electronics?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 11, 2014, 03:23:10 pm »

"Lenglon damn it!" ((Some amusing things carry over from roll to deity))
Give up and just go catch up to the people at the control room.
of course, I got over-excited and spread the fire out too quickly again, draining more than just the excess and ending up dispersing the thing uselessly. Now I don't even have any flames to work with other than my emergency supply. Yay for me failing again, and this time it's my own fault.

I hope I can get a spare weapon off someone since I have hands now. Well, that and a jacket.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 11, 2014, 05:09:10 pm »

Like a jellyfish going against the current or a red queen, you move without going anywhere...
((It was Alice that had to run as fast as she could just to stay where she is, wasn't it?))

"What would have happened without the Games?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: January 11, 2014, 05:44:17 pm »

"Any other bandages around here? Frankly I've lost way too much blood already, and I'd like to stay conscious so whatever just hit us doesn't come back to maul me in my sleep."

Go near Ike and provide watch.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1002 on: January 12, 2014, 01:07:50 pm »

Harry Baldman & DAF
To my kindly master: <One question: what exactly are we trying to do here? Unplug the reactor, then slot in those vials we got to get some kind of horrible reality-altering effect? Am I getting this right?>

Carefully advance toward the machines. Be prepared for interference. Examine them. Does my current host have any knowledge of electronics?
You try to access your host's memories and in the process gain an enormous burst of info.
From what you can see in your host's past, he has a sad history of being discriminated upon for looking different and living in isolated special communities to escape the government's never ending attempts to capture and exploit people like him. He used his skills to hunt in the wilderness near his village to provide for himself and his sister before she was taken by the government, never to be seen again. He joined the Cause soon after that. He worked for years, his only dream being to be reunited with her. When the Cause informed him of her death, he was devastated. He was handpicked for this mission. His superiors motivated him by telling him that this is the facility his sister died in, all because the scientists wanted to use her to locate someone. He tells himself he wants to finish this mission so that he can go and live free in the British protectorate, like he was promised, but in truth he doesn't really care about that. He knew his chances of survival were low when he accepted this mission. He just wants to hurt them, unravel their plans or die trying.
All in all, lots of sadness and zero useful skills. This case of TMI takes up most of your time, not even letting you examine the wires.
"Any other bandages around here? Frankly I've lost way too much blood already, and I'd like to stay conscious so whatever just hit us doesn't come back to maul me in my sleep."

Go near Ike and provide watch.
You slowly walk behind Ike, trying to apply pressure to your wounds as best you can. Ike's just standing there, staring into nothing with a blank look on his face.

Lenglon
"Lenglon damn it!" ((Some amusing things carry over from roll to deity))
Give up and just go catch up to the people at the control room.
of course, I got over-excited and spread the fire out too quickly again, draining more than just the excess and ending up dispersing the thing uselessly. Now I don't even have any flames to work with other than my emergency supply. Yay for me failing again, and this time it's my own fault.

I hope I can get a spare weapon off someone since I have hands now. Well, that and a jacket.

((Yeah, read that. Too bad it never took off, seemed like a fun concept.))
You turn around and start walking towards your allies in the control room, thinking about who could lend you some clothes that would fit.
You're about halfway to the other side of the bridge when a white thing appears near the device. It looks blurry, something that you could attribute to sub-human fox-vision if it weren't for the fact that as it stumbles closer to the device, its features become clearer.
It's a white humanoid with long blades made of steel and cooper instead of hands. Its figure is much like that of a crash test dummy, human in proportions but lacking all distinctive features, not even a face. It's bleeding blood and a white liquid from its head and upper left arm.
It's trying to approach the Device but it looks like something is stopping it.

Alarith
"I understand not wanting to be friends until we trust each other more, I merely meant when all of this is over.  Other questions, umm.  Oh, I grabbed those vials of liquid from the nightstand, Can you tell me what those are?"
"Oh, those? It's nothing really, just a little trick I use for when I'm stressed or when I want to rethink things.
They help you dream, think and learn. The liquid shows your memories in a different light or other paths that you could have taken, what could have been or what may be in the future. It's lies that help you see the truth.
Be careful when using them. The drug takes a while to wear off and for the untrained mind it sometimes gets hard to tell when the dream stops and reality begins. It's no surprise these kinds of liquids are sometimes used to make sleep darts.
I suggest you start with one of the clear ones if you think about using them, they're the weakest ones."

GWG
Like a jellyfish going against the current or a red queen, you move without going anywhere...
((It was Alice that had to run as fast as she could just to stay where she is, wasn't it?))

"What would have happened without the Games?"
((Yep. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Queen_%28Through_the_Looking-Glass%29#Red_Queen.27s_Hypothesis))

"I can't answer that for sure. I don't know enough. But I can take a guess, if you want. I'm good at guessing. Simulations."

Peregrine
Pointy stick as spear, and try to sharpen the end.

Find the nearest path to civilization//wait for next mission//if any explosions in the distance or smoke is seen--head that way.
((Well, I can always give you some RP while you wait. Better than suddenly appearing somewhere with no explanation.))

You pick up the pointiest stick you can find and sharpen its end to the best of your ability with a rock. It's not a fearsome weapon of legend, but it's better than fighting with nothing. Not that fighting with your bare hands would be a problem, if it came to that. After all, you know a thing or two about martial arts.

You look around again. This time, you can see a faint red light in the distance, like the light of a fire. Perhaps it's someone's home or maybe just a traveler passing through these woods. Either way, it might be worth checking out, since you could use some shelter for the night.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:56:14 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18:03 pm »

To entity: <Man, who knew that somebody's life story could actually be that operatic?>

Try to figure out a way to fix the dang machines, or at least a way to break them so it benefits our goal.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: January 12, 2014, 01:47:28 pm »

"A way to see memories from another angle, It would be nice to hang onto those.  That was the last question I could think of, so I am read to see this architect now."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 521