Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126922 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Live together, die together
« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2014, 11:53:12 pm »

((Am I aware of the sparking wire or the distortion in space?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #946 on: January 07, 2014, 03:16:32 am »

((Am I aware of the sparking wire or the distortion in space?))
((The wire is below the floor near the generator, so you can't see it. It's a bit hard to look under the floor with your Fox form. It would be a dex roll.

The space distortion is a faint effect and your eyesight isn't the best but you could see it if you went closer to the generator or if you brought one of your flames closer to it.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 07, 2014, 04:04:35 am »

To teammates: <I spy with my giant ears a line of superheated air! It's extending from the generator skyward and to the west - be careful, y'all!>

Carefully step and climb to the control room - watch out for traps of insidiousness!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #948 on: January 07, 2014, 07:04:16 am »

To teammates: <I spy with my giant ears a line of superheated air! It's extending from the generator skyward and to the west - be careful, y'all!>

Carefully step and climb to the control room - watch out for traps of insidiousness!
When you send another sonar ping out, you're surprised to see hear that the hole in the wall has moved towards the left.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 07, 2014, 07:27:35 am »

To teammates: <Guys? There's a hole in the wall, and it is moving. A bit strange, don't you think?>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 07, 2014, 08:18:52 am »

recall my flames, use them to transition from full-fox form to hybrid form.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 07, 2014, 09:39:42 am »

That's a lot of commands.

<<Hmm... requesting verbal identification.

And no, don't list all commands.  Just... list top five by usage?>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 07, 2014, 10:12:11 am »

"Sure it's not an electric ghost or something, Ike?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 07, 2014, 10:30:06 am »

"Sure it's not an electric ghost or something, Ike?"

To Jordan: <I can hear it! That means it's probably not an illusion, and probably not a ghost, either. Ghosts are notoriously inaudible under most circumstances. Unless they're chucking furniture around, of course.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 07, 2014, 10:41:23 am »

"I meant, are you sure it's not just some freaky magical-nuclear activity that's just throwing you off? I mean, I imagine it's kinda weird being near a nuclear reactor with enhanced senses."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:12 am »

To Jordan: <Possible, I suppose. But do you want to risk it on the off-chance that it isn't? After all, those guards had to go somewhere and do something, no?>

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #956 on: January 08, 2014, 09:18:04 am »

((Turn coming tonight. People who haven't posted an action, try to post an action. Harry, are you going to do anything different about the fact that you have a moving hole in your sonar or are you gonna keep moving?))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 08, 2014, 09:31:32 am »

"Guess you're right... Point it out."
Point gun at where Ike points.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 08, 2014, 09:40:38 am »

Point at where I perceive the moving hole to be - once Jordan's got a bead on the area, keep moving.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #959 on: January 08, 2014, 08:29:18 pm »

((Short turn due to stuff happening.))

DAF
So these entities are on the same level as Eido, Zechariah noted. That helps entirely.

Proceed to the control room. Keep my wits about me.
You continue moving towards the control room. You make it to the ladder and start climbing it.

Lenglon
recall my flames, use them to transition from full-fox form to hybrid form.
Your flames return to you.
You focus on changing forms, trying to avoid thinking about what happened last time.
Your skin turns to liquid fire, this time a faint blue instead of a bright red. Even with your flames and the hotness of the air to supply energy, some of the humidity around you turns to tiny ice crystals that slowly fall to the ground.
The transformation is still painful but better than last time. You can feel as if every part of your body is being pulled, as if your bones are broken and your skin is torn and then rebuilt 5 times per second. It takes less than 20 seconds, but to you it feels much longer.
It ends with you lying on the elevator platform in a thin covering of ice, feeling very sick. You tried remaining in control of your flames during your transformation but it was too much for you to properly concentrate. Some of your flames have set fire to the few boxes remaining in the elevator platform while others have completely dissipated.

scapheap
Quote from: scapheap: autoaction
Watch as the device charges, mesmerized.
Oooohhh... Pretty lights jumping into the brick...

Fniff & Harry Baldman
Point at where I perceive the moving hole to be - once Jordan's got a bead on the area, keep moving.
Ike stops walking and turns to look a bit to his left, where he sensed the hole in the wall, while he waits for Jordan to come. It's hard to see in the faint light of the room but he's certain he can't see a hole there. But he's also certain he can hear one. Ike sends another ping. It confirms the hole is there. It hasn't moved since the last ping.

Meanwhile, Jordan has traveled around the reactor and has a sight of both Ike and the portion of the east wall where Ike senses the hole. Ike points to it and Jordan raises his silenced pistol to take aim at what appears to be a perfectly normal wall.

Ike starts walking again and sends out another sonar pulse to confirm the hole is still there. Hmmm... that's strange. Your ears are telling you the hole is getting bigger and moving again. Your eyes are telling you there is no hole. Another ping. Even stranger. Now it sounds like parts of the floor and railing of the platform are deforming, being pulled towards the hole. Your eyes are still telling you everything is fine.

Jordan cannot see or hear anything of interest. Looks like BigEars is finally loosing it... Maybe touching that cube wasn't a very good idea.

Alarith
Bryan stands for a second, considering his options.  He didn't like intruding in people's minds, unless they were hostile to him, or gave him their permission.  If the woman was indeed focused on her playing, then Bryan had no desire to disturb her.
Quietly turn a chair to face the piano, sit in it, and watch and listen to the piano.
You quietly move towards one of the armchairs near the fireplace, turn it to face the piano and then sit and listen to it. The woman (you can see her beautiful yet somber face at this angle) is playing softly but with great skill. As you look at her face, her expression helps you realize something about her thoughts. There was sadness there, but it was so faint you could barely perceive it, overshadowed by her enjoyment.

She finishes the piece with a ritardando and a diminuendo, almost as if her soft playing has caused her to fall asleep. She stands there for a few seconds unmoving, her fingers still pressing the keys long after the strings have stopped vibrating. Her head is down, her pale face obscured by her long black hair.
"Thank you." she says softly. She lifts her head. "I'm sorry for my impoliteness" she continues, louder now "I should had greeted you sooner, but I got distracted. Carried away." She turns to face you. "Music, like everything, must reach its end."
She gets up and starts walking towards you. "You on the other hand Mr. Anderson are a real gentleman. Well dressed. Patient. Polite." She stops a few steps away from you and gives you a cute smile that could start and end wars. "You're making me look bad." She extends her hand to you. "Welcome."

GWG
Somehow, Angel's worries slipped away. Must be the Morgan Freeman narration. Or maybe the fact that she's too distracted by the silliness to dwell on the deaths she caused.

Continue playing with buttons while watching.
You press the audio button. Now Morgan Freeman is talking in Spanish. Experimentally, you turn the remote on you and press the audio button. You then try speaking.
"Uno, dos, tres... Madre de dios, estoy hablando Espaņol!"

"So, what is it like where you come from?" the entity asks.

Toaster
That's a lot of commands.

<<Hmm... requesting verbal identification.

And no, don't list all commands.  Just... list top five by usage?>>

" 'S-Zero' is an acceptable means of verbal identification.
Submissions for other means of verbal identification are acceptable for consideration.

Access denied. You do not have permission to view some of the commands of this unit. Restrict search parameters or refine query.

Standby for analysis of your mission performance..."

Tiruin / Theri
Quote from: Tiruin
<character>
You wake up.

Above you, you can see the thick canopy of a forest. The sun has recently set. What little twilight is reflected from the atmosphere and clouds can barely penetrate the thick layer of leaves and branches overhead.
Below you, you can feel a soft layer of  leaves.

You can hear the calls of nightbirds and the rustling of leaves as they are moved by the gentle late evening wind.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:13:43 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 521