Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127429 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Xantalos' curse
« Reply #870 on: December 28, 2013, 04:25:02 pm »

((Whoops.))

Summon a horde of friendly hamsters to carry me away!
House pets are objects, right?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 28, 2013, 05:18:33 pm »

try messing with the cube againTo the hallway.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 28, 2013, 05:48:57 pm »

No, no, they can't lose also, Zechariah thought.

"Jordan, please go help them in any way possible. Please."

Come on, willpower! I need you now!

Keep bringing the ceiling down.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 28, 2013, 07:50:06 pm »

"Thanks..."
Angel sighs.
"I'm just...I've k-k...a lot of people just died. Because of me. And..." Angel doesn't finish the sentence.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 28, 2013, 08:16:16 pm »

"I'll get to it, I'll try my best!"
Run to John and Alan. Look for the vial. If I can retrieve it, get it. Put rescuing them on the bottom priority: if it is worth the time, I am not putting myself in immediate danger by doing it, and if I can expend the effort, do rescue them. Otherwise, leave them to their fates.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 28, 2013, 10:28:32 pm »

((Psst I have a healsuit))

Wake up, dammit.  GTFO with vial.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 29, 2013, 04:54:17 am »

"Have to say, that went surprisingly well! I'm not even dead or anything. Thanks, lady. You've done me a solid favor today. Really, I appreciate it. Sorry for going all crazy on you there."

Don't mess with this stuff. It clearly means me and everyone else here harm. Get back to where we're supposed to be.

"So, Mission Control! Where are we supposed to go now again?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #877 on: December 29, 2013, 03:04:37 pm »

You HAD a healsuit.

You had a healsuit that could heal most injuries, which you left on your sofa-mobile, outside the flesh room.
You climbed on the couch before you fell unconscious, but Alan didn't want to drag the sofa, so he summoned a wheel.
The sofa was left behind. You crashed with the wheel. While the flesh was advancing on your position.
You see where I'm getting with this?

I like the fact that Xantalos is staying in character, but sometimes, coupled with his bad luck, it ends up hurting everyone around him. Then again, he did save Zechariah's life. So it kinda balances out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 29, 2013, 03:15:24 pm »

Oh, well, then the flesh has a healsuit!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 29, 2013, 04:37:27 pm »

Wait I did?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:48 pm »

Wait I did?
You didn't realize you had--wow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 29, 2013, 08:26:14 pm »

Without leaving my position, make the elevator shaft into a Touhou Game
If Zech manages to bring the roof down and form an effective barrier, then go with him to the aid of the John and Alan

to be more specific, blindly sending small fire-orbs in scattered symmetrical patterns throughout it, recalling and reusing them whenever they reach the walls or the edge of my control. keep the firewall up while doing it.
seriously though, I'd like to be able to display some artistry with this, even if nobody's going to see it. I'm (Irine) frustrated with my lack of control and want to demonstrate some artistry, show that I'm able to do more than just wanton destruction, and can show some real beauty and skill with my work. As much to prove it to myself as to anyone else.
If possible, I'd most want to mimic the pattern of Flandre's Secret "And Then There Will Be None?" attack.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:37:23 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 29, 2013, 08:28:48 pm »

Wait I did?
You didn't realize you had--wow.
That's okay Xantalos. I did not remember that part either.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 29, 2013, 09:00:10 pm »

seriously though, I'd like to be able to display some artistry with this, even if nobody's going to see it. I'm (Irine) frustrated with my lack of control and want to demonstrate some artistry, show that I'm able to do more than just wanton destruction, and can show some real beauty and skill with my work. As much to prove it to myself as to anyone else.
Heh. It's like everyone's got some kind of intense internal issues. Incompetence complex*, accidental murder complex**, stupidity***...

*There's a proper term for this, but I don't know what it is.
**There's probably a proper term for this, and whoever thought of it is clever.
***There's a polite term for this, but who cares?
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #884 on: December 29, 2013, 09:27:19 pm »

((Whoops.))

Summon a horde of friendly hamsters to carry me away!
House pets are objects, right?

I'm sorry, but you're too unconscious and dying to do that.

Wake up, dammit.  GTFO with vial.
((Lucky.))

You regain consciousness.
Most of your right side has been melted by fire. It is lightly bleeding.
Your lower left leg has a hole in it. It is bleeding moderately.
Most of your skin is bruised and aching.
You are in great pain. Your blood loss is starting to cause you problems.

Despite all the above, you manage to slowly get on your feet.
You check your pockets. The vial isn't there.

You look around. There is what looks like a bent and broken giant hamster wheel. And besides it, Alan, lying face down in a pool of blood.
You don't bother with thinking about what happened and just slowly walk there. You kneel beside him. He isn't moving. A search of his pockets gives you the vial.

You get up again. You notice something you hadn't before. There is screaming and groaning coming from behind you. You don't bother looking at what's happening. You can't spare the energy or the willpower.

You continue moving towards the exit as your vision gets blurrier. You continue moving as things impact the plastic floor around you. You continue moving, even as it gets harder to walk. You continue moving until you reach the door.

It takes time for your eyes to adjust to the dim light of the hallway. It takes time for you to register the blurry form of a man in a security guard uniform running towards you.

try messing with the cube againTo the hallway.
"Have to say, that went surprisingly well! I'm not even dead or anything. Thanks, lady. You've done me a solid favor today. Really, I appreciate it. Sorry for going all crazy on you there."

Don't mess with this stuff. It clearly means me and everyone else here harm. Get back to where we're supposed to be.

"So, Mission Control! Where are we supposed to go now again?"
"Go join the others near the elevator. And don't scare me like that again."
You make it halfway to the hallway Irene and Zechariah are in.

No, no, they can't lose also, Zechariah thought.

"Jordan, please go help them in any way possible. Please."

Come on, willpower! I need you now!

Keep bringing the ceiling down.
Your concentration wanes, your efforts slowed. Still, you make progress. Just one more pull and you'll bring it down, you just have to-
Without leaving my position, make the elevator shaft into a Touhou Game
If Zech manages to bring the roof down and form an effective barrier, then go with him to the aid of the John and Alan

((I should point out that you have fire control, not fire awareness. You don't know where fire is in relation to everything around it. So you can imagine where it is like you can imagine moving your hand. But like a numb arm, you can't feel it very well when it hits a wall.))
Is Irene crazy? A pyromaniac that wants to fill the world with fire, watch everything burn? Is she just a pessimist, that thinks that what can go wrong, will go wrong? Is she maybe just the right amount of paranoid? Are you paranoid when you're right? Is she just preparing for the next attack and she got lucky? Is she maybe just smart enough to prepare for the worst? Or maybe she has enough knowledge of statistics to know that someone ought to have survived her first attack? Who knows? Who cares? The point is, her attack is rewarded by sounds of alarm and pain. Looks like some of the people in the shaft survived and all of you failed to hear them.

Her attack is immediately followed by the sound of gunfire. Zechariah expertly dodges behind a thick looking box while maintaining his efforts to collapse the ceiling. Irene is protected from the bullets by her cover and small size, although she hears a few rounds hitting dangerously close to her.

Thankfully, the ceiling falls before the soldiers can bring heavier weapons to bear. The smoke obscures the ceiling, the only things visible being Irene's wall and Zach's tendrils of light. They only hear the creaking noise of bending metal, the sound of rocks grinding together and the sound of concrete hitting concrete. Zach's tendrils and Irene's wall disappear, crushed by an immense weight. The collapse is followed by a blast of wind, smoke, ash and dust that hits our Players but doesn't injure severely, unless chocking them counts. A special commendation should be made to Soviet engineering, for the ventilation system is still working, clearing the foul air and sparing you from much chocking.

Looks like you're safe from pursuit for the time being. What do you do?

"I'll get to it, I'll try my best!"
Run to John and Alan. Look for the vial. If I can retrieve it, get it. Put rescuing them on the bottom priority: if it is worth the time, I am not putting myself in immediate danger by doing it, and if I can expend the effort, do rescue them. Otherwise, leave them to their fates.
You continue running.

You make it to the dark hallway John is in. You can see him, stumbling forward due to his injury and blood loss.

I don't know how this rates in your priorities. Do you want to try and help him or do you want to just take the vial and go?
On one hand, you're in a hurry and he's not in a very good shape. He'll slow you down, he isn't very useful in this state and he's very likely to die. On the other hand, his power is very versatile and the others probably won't look kindly to you leaving him behind. Maybe if you made it look like an accident?

"Thanks..."
Angel sighs.
"I'm just...I've k-k...a lot of people just died. Because of me. And..." Angel doesn't finish the sentence.
"Not because of you. Bad things would have happened either way.
I get sad about that too. But D. always says I shouldn't. He says that bad things happen all the time and that we shouldn't worry about what we can't change. It feels bad, but he's older and wiser, so he must be right."
*sigh*
"I would take you to see him, he always manages to cheer me up. But he's busy helping them in there. Wanna play a game instead? Or do you just want to watch the others play?"

((Oh, since you're back in the staging area, you can no longer talk to others. You can only watch them.))

Quote from: Alarith
<character>
You wake up.

You can see a ceiling made of black and white marble squares arranged in a checkerboard pattern above you.
You can feel a soft bed below you and a warm blanket above you.

Somewhere further away, you can hear a piano being played.

((This is just some RP. Feel free to skip that if you're more interested in competing than RP.))
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:08:53 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 521