Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125247 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Couch Cavalary Assault
« Reply #825 on: December 22, 2013, 11:59:43 pm »

"Don't fall, please do not fall, please do not fall, oh ceiling..."

Zechariah ran as fast as he could, raising his staff and attempting now to use the fire to secure the structure.

"Keep those fires going, Irine," Zechariah urged. "I'll try to keep this thing intact, or at least as intact as possible.

Summon a crystal platform and paste it on the ceiling, securing the ceiling as best as possible.
((Good idea DAF! hey Paris, if we collapse the ceiling in front of the elevator now that the device is safe way on the other end of the hallway, would it block the doors our teammates are going to return through or just block the people chasing us?
Is it bad that it's kinda typical of me to think that this would be a good thing?))

Through Interface, to teammates: <Hurry up, we have people coming down the elevator shaft. Warn me before entering the elevator hallway, if you surprise me I might attack you by accident.>
send my orbs to reinforce the firewall as necessary, have the rest begin spreading flame all over the place again to use as a source of power for the upcoming fight. retain a minimum of three orbs, and allow the firewall to fade if I have to choose between that and sending those last three. focus my orbs on anyone that breaks through the firewall somehow. change the orbs pattern from the usual spinning one to randomly scattered stationary floating positions around the hallway, unrelated to my physical position.
To Zech: <Keep what intact?>
Through interface, to D: <I'm probably going to break your elevator speakers if they aren't broken already, just relay anything you have to say through Zech.>
do not concern myself with minimizing damage as I send reinforcing flame up to the firewall. Do avoid burning Zech and the box I'm hiding behind.
((Fun thing about being so small: smoke rises.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 23, 2013, 12:08:11 am »

Interface, Irine: <The ceiling, for now... unless you're actually planning to bring this thing down. Are you? If so, I could use the crystal light and put crystal tendrils within the cracks, and bring it down manually. It's up to you though.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 23, 2013, 01:24:13 am »

Interface, Irine: <The ceiling, for now... unless you're actually planning to bring this thing down. Are you? If so, I could use the crystal light and put crystal tendrils within the cracks, and bring it down manually. It's up to you though.>
To Zech: <Not yet, we're too close to the elevator right now. but if my firewall in the elevator shaft fails then that sounds like a good idea.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 23, 2013, 01:33:08 am »

Interface, Irine: <Alright. Just give me the word. For now, I'll just keep it up and make sure they don't get a chance to get through.>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 23, 2013, 03:02:01 am »

Wait, wait, wait! Stop right there! Try to understand how I currently feel and what may cause this emotion - once ascertained, think on how to fix the problem.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 23, 2013, 03:20:44 am »

Eria went with reflexes honed from facing dangerous animals and Bull rushed Ike into unconsciousness.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 23, 2013, 05:00:54 am »

Interface, Irine: <Alright. Just give me the word. For now, I'll just keep it up and make sure they don't get a chance to get through.>
To Zech: <Keep it up? this debris is from the people upstairs breaching the door. the ceiling isn't collapsing on us.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 23, 2013, 09:48:50 am »

John sighed.  <<What are you fools doing out there?  We got this objective... if we can make it out now.>>

Run for it!  Ready flamethrower and torch any flesh that gets in my way.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 23, 2013, 10:28:36 am »

"Run away? Excellent idea!"
Run away with the canister to the extraction point.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 23, 2013, 01:39:04 pm »

Interface, Irine: <Really? I saw some bits and pieces of the ceiling start to chip off, but I guess that was not what your referring to. Okay, the door then.>

Hold off the door then using my crystal wall.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #835 on: December 23, 2013, 03:08:11 pm »

((Not how I imagined desynchronization. So it's basically like watching something through a webcam that just had the cord cut?))
((What I'm imagining is it's like we're people playing a computer game. We connect to the game and we get a player model, or our "host" here. This player model is moved by a keyboard and mouse, and in THIS game, we move our hosts by our thoughts, as if we were actually the hosts. If the host is killed, you are simply disconnected from the host body and "you are returned to the lobby" [in this case, the staging area].

That's how I see it, anyways.))
((DAF is very close to the mark. Imagine it like this: You and your host are merged, mind and body, into one being. Your mind and body are dominant, but parts of the host remain, allowing you to function normally within the mission environment (know the language, have some basic knowledge, etc.). The host may gain dominance under certain circumstances. Although you are merged, you do not actually exist in the host's location, you are simply sensing the world and acting through the host. If something causes you to become desynchronized, the host will gain dominance, both in mind and body, and you will become the passenger.
In this case, you're a passenger for your host. But since your host has no body, there is nothing there for you to be a passenger in. So you sort of exist in an in between state, until you are returned to the staging area and your own body.
That's not the in-universe explanation, but it's close.))
"Don't fall, please do not fall, please do not fall, oh ceiling..."

Zechariah ran as fast as he could, raising his staff and attempting now to use the fire to secure the structure.

"Keep those fires going, Irine," Zechariah urged. "I'll try to keep this thing intact, or at least as intact as possible.

Summon a crystal platform and paste it on the ceiling, securing the ceiling as best as possible.
((Good idea DAF! hey Paris, if we collapse the ceiling in front of the elevator now that the device is safe way on the other end of the hallway, would it block the doors our teammates are going to return through or just block the people chasing us?
Is it bad that it's kinda typical of me to think that this would be a good thing?))
((Yeah, the doors are further away. You could collapse the ceiling near the elevators and not block the doors, if everything happens right. But there's always the chance something could go wrong...

Why would it be bad? It's innovative. I like it. Especially because it's something I hadn't thought of. I love it when that happens.
Except if you meant that blocking your teammates from returning is a good thing. In that case there are two ways of looking at it: "You will autofail the mission without the objects they're carrying." OR "Teammates are the greatest danger to one's health in an RTD."))'

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #836 on: December 24, 2013, 01:29:41 pm »

Appear in staging area?

"...What's going to happen to me? What happened to...my host? What's happening to the others?"
Your questions go unanswered in the void. You feel your thoughts getting stretched out and thinning.
The demongirl tried her very best
to help the fox and aid the jest
(in games she did not really get
she was thrust into, don't forget).
The tricks she played did good and bad
but she was slow and got burnt bad.
Her allies tried to help them live
two minds that fought for what to give.
The girl cries for the harm she did
she tries to heal others indeed.
The demon urges to move on
to fight the sin from man's greed born.
Its cravings win her weaker mind.
Her friends forgotten, left behind.
Alone she fought, alone she died
and not one of her allies cried.

The entity laughs as you drift into unconsciousness, a strange laugh that reminds you something between the cries of a hyena and the roar of a lion.

You wake up. You can see a colorful ceiling above you. You have the weirdest sense of dejavu.

It's just like you the first time you woke up, except on the other side of the bed there is a television, currently showing John and Alan being attacked by a garden of flesh.
"Hey! Welcome back!" says the entity with that perpetual excitement of his.

Through Interface, to teammates: <Hurry up, we have people coming down the elevator shaft. Warn me before entering the elevator hallway, if you surprise me I might attack you by accident.>
send my orbs to reinforce the firewall as necessary, have the rest begin spreading flame all over the place again to use as a source of power for the upcoming fight. retain a minimum of three orbs, and allow the firewall to fade if I have to choose between that and sending those last three. focus my orbs on anyone that breaks through the firewall somehow. change the orbs pattern from the usual spinning one to randomly scattered stationary floating positions around the hallway, unrelated to my physical position.
To Zech: <Keep what intact?>
Through interface, to D: <I'm probably going to break your elevator speakers if they aren't broken already, just relay anything you have to say through Zech.>
do not concern myself with minimizing damage as I send reinforcing flame up to the firewall. Do avoid burning Zech and the box I'm hiding behind.
((Fun thing about being so small: smoke rises.))
Interface, Irine: <Really? I saw some bits and pieces of the ceiling start to chip off, but I guess that was not what your referring to. Okay, the door then.>

Hold off the door then using my crystal wall.
A wave of magical ineptitude seems to hit the elevator hallway as both Zach and Irene fail to do anything significant with their powers.
Zach fails to manifest even a tiny shred of hardlight.
Irene manages to set a single box on fire and send some of her orbs to reinforce her wall of fire, but it doesn't do much of a difference.
As the dust begins to clear, you can see white foam falling in the elevator shaft from above. The firewall has holes in places and is almost destroyed. The elevator platform and its mechanisms have been turned into a pool of twisted metal, broken concrete, splintered wood, cyan liquid and white foam. The top of the pool lies a meter or so below the elevator doors, while pieces of metal and concrete stand much higher.

Wait, wait, wait! Stop right there! Try to understand how I currently feel and what may cause this emotion - once ascertained, think on how to fix the problem.
The images or visions or experiences or however you want to call them are gone now. All that's left is a mix of feelings. Anger and despair and frustration and confusion and pain and sadness and desolation and fear. But anger is the dominant one. That's as much rational though as you can muster right now.
I'm sorry, but your request to "think of how to fix the problem" cannot be processed right now due to alien mindfuckery. Please try again later, when you're not being mind controlled by aliens or when you make an adequate roll.
Eria went with reflexes honed from facing dangerous animals and Bull rushed Ike into unconsciousness.
"Run away? Excellent idea!"
Run away with the canister to the extraction point.
Ike first turns his pistol to Jordan, but Jordan, remembering the wisdom of the saying "a Coward's mother never weeps his end", manages to run away before Ike's shots can find their mark.
Eria uses that time to get closer to Ike and try to tackle him off the pedestal. Her missing tail messes with her balance, so she can't get there in time before Ike can get a shot off. Luckily, the shot grazes her left arm, causing moderate pain and minor bleeding but nothing she can't handle. Eria jumps and tackles Ike, throwing him off the pedestal and breaking his contact with the cube. However, the cube keeps pulsing red light and emitting infrasonic pulses and Ike keeps growling with murderous intent. Ike's under her for now, but he's not incapacitated.

Meanwhile, Jordan is very close to the elevator hallway. The two scientists from before are also there, along with another man in a labcoat you haven't seen before. They're standing on the platform leading to the elevator hallway, looking into the dust coming from above. They are whispering to each other. They haven't seen you yet.

John sighed.  <<What are you fools doing out there?  We got this objective... if we can make it out now.>>
Run for it!  Ready flamethrower and torch any flesh that gets in my way.
Quote from: Xantalos: autoaction
Run away!
Alan runs away. John twists the valve of his flamethrower to the "OPEN" position and follows Alan in running.  Both John and Alan notice the flesh growing spikes above balloon-like sacks and turning them to face them. The moment they see the sacks pop, Alan falls down on the ground, completely evading the spikes. John jumps over him, but manages to get hit by a couple of spikes on his left lower leg, the yellow liquid they brought with them doing more damage than the half-melted spikes themselves. His leg now has a deep red hole in it that is bleeding moderately. John stumbles but keeps on running despite the damage and the pain, a bit slower than before.
Alan gets up and starts running towards the door, quickly overtaking John. As they run, the notice the yellow liquid's pressure is dropping. By the time they've reached the exit of the room, it has stopped flowing completely. A tendril tries to grab Alan's leg but he easily breaks free and exits the room. More tendrils extend to block John's escape. John lifts the sprayer of his makeshift flamethrower, aims at the obstacle and pulls the trigger. It is immediately obvious that this is not a very effective design, as a large amount of pressurized flammable liquid and gas escapes the sprayer and burns his hand, setting the clothes on much of his right arm and torso on fire. But the flamethrower does its job, melting the barrier. John grits his teeth and keeps on going, plowing through the remains of the barrier.

Alan and John just exited the room with the flesh and entered the room Angel died in. John is on fire due to the low-quality flamethrower that's still on his back. The flesh doesn't seem that much hurt by the flame, only slightly inconvenienced. It's still growing and is now coming through the door. Your couch-mobile is here, along with the medical suit. What do you do?

Happy holidays to all!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:00:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 24, 2013, 01:37:39 pm »

Oh dear! That won't do!

Picture a pink golfball in my mind. Center myself. Clearly there are some unresolved issues here that need solving, but this is hardly the time and place to do it.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 24, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »

"Come on, come on..."

Try again to keep a crystal wall on the door.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:49:02 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 24, 2013, 01:45:19 pm »

To Zech: <Take the ceiling down now! My fires are failing and they're coming!>
Recall the remnants of my firewall and remaining orbs, and form a new firewall inside the hallway itself, in front of the elevator. bolt down the hallway away from the elevator, scattering flames at random amongst the nearby boxes using my orbs, giving me a flame source for later.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 521