Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125178 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Attack of the Rabid Vacuum Cleaners
« Reply #660 on: December 09, 2013, 09:08:03 pm »

((Anyone mind telling me what we're doing? I don't actually know, I've just been deriving around unleashing the Hoover apocalypse and having bad luck except in really useless objects.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 09, 2013, 09:14:45 pm »

"<Um...I think I'd like to know what's goin on. Especially since I'm going to be helping fix it.>"
"John just summoned an angry robotic vacuum cleaner with a taste for human flesh that proceeded to eat a good part of Alan's guts.
If it was self replicating, it would make a grear setting for a post apocalyptic robot revolution movie, but right now it's just good enough for a mediocre horror movie parody.
Still, it was fun. It's been a while since that last happened."
"<...This happened before?>"

((Anyone mind telling me what we're doing? I don't actually know, I've just been deriving around unleashing the Hoover apocalypse and having bad luck except in really useless objects.))
((We're getting a couple of objects. And trying not to die.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 09, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »

"Eh... yeah, Angel... apparently he got hurt pretty bad too. So let's hurry."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 09, 2013, 09:44:00 pm »

"I know, I know. I'm just surprised that this isn't the first time someone did that."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 10, 2013, 12:20:16 pm »

((Wait, was the roomba going for his guts or his legs?  I thought it started at the legs... how exactly is he wounded anyway?))

"Hang in there and let me try this!"

Attempt to summon a robotic replica of whatever body part that Alan is missing.  Install it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 10, 2013, 12:22:05 pm »

ya'll really should be an accepted word.

((It is where I live!  I will point out that it's "y'all" as you're contracting out the OU in YOU.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 10, 2013, 12:32:29 pm »

((Intestines I think.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 10, 2013, 12:36:03 pm »

((Wait, was the roomba going for his guts or his legs?  I thought it started at the legs... how exactly is he wounded anyway?))
((Badly.))
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 10, 2013, 01:58:56 pm »

((It is where I live!  I will point out that it's "y'all" as you're contracting out the OU in YOU.))
((It is where I live as well, and it's "ya'll" because the pause in the word is AFTER the A.
let the ya'll vs y'all wars commence ya fools!!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #669 on: December 10, 2013, 02:03:15 pm »

Toaster & Xantalos & DAF & GWG
Summon a shit ton of bandages of varying sizes.
Also very many first aid kits.

You summon a cloud of bandage-confetti that fill up the area your intestines are supposed to be, soaking up in blood, other bodily fluids and the half-processed remains of your last meal. This is unhelpful.
You pass out from the blood loss. Hey, at least you're no longer in pain?
"Hang in there and let me try this!"

Attempt to summon a robotic replica of whatever body part that Alan is missing.  Install it.
As the Roomba runs away, its small wheels leaving a bloody trail on the ground, John tries to create a robotic replacement for Alan's intestines. Because surely using the same powers that caused this problem to create complex equipment that will require extensive surgery to install and then doing said extensive surgery with no other tools available or any previous medical knowledge is the way to go here.

No parts materialize in the air, no device is assembled. Your powers refuse to work. Is it because of how you feel? Is it because of the complexity of the device you are trying to envision? Who knows? Perhaps it is for the best.
"I know, I know. I'm just surprised that this isn't the first time someone did that."
"Yeah, there was some guy in Earth-12750 that had the ability to 'speak' to machines and enhance them with the right words, like a wizard. He was a bit messed up in the head though, so he entered a vacuum cleaner factory and tried to trigger a robot revolution. Predictably, it didn't go very well. For him at least."
Interface, Irine: <After we help the vacuum cleaner victim out, I'll head back as soon as I can.>
As he and Angel were walking to help them, he mused over the statements of Scion. He was saddened, really. She cared about winning, but he cared about his friends. Heck, the reason he was here at all was because he had sacrificed himself to take down his Shadow, Zedekiah, for his friends! In doing so, he had escaped the control of Eido and instead landed within the grasp of these entities.

Zechariah already knew that he had the power to end it all or save it all, or at least that was what Artemis told him when they had defeated Metatron. But he didn't want it for himself, he wanted it for his friends only. He didn't care what power he had, but if it means that his friends were saved then he was happy.
"Please, just hear me out Scion... abandon me and connect with one of the others. The only thing I have to offer you is disappointment, because I am here to make sure everyone else makes it out alive and well, hopefully to help their own worlds build. I don't have whatever potential you are talking about, and I have no expectations for victory, at least for myself."
Zechariah hesitated for a moment.
"I don't want to be a king of power. If I am to be a king of anything, I want to be a king of the people, by the people. By my friends. Beside my friends. Through and with them, together.

...Then again, I don't expect you deities to get that, considering you seem to bicker among yourselves. So it's okay, I don't blame you, Scion."

I'm gonna get it, he thought. Not more than an hour in and already defying the game. Haha, it's just like with Artemis.

Continue.
"If you want to be the king of the people, then I'm sure we could work some kind of mind control ability into you." The entity proceeds to laugh, a strange otherworldly sound made up of a chorus of distorted female voices. Despite the many different voices, each with its own pitch, timbre and tempo, it seems oddly harmonious and musical. "Silly mortal. Your naivety amuses me. But enough of this for now. You and your... 'friends' are in danger and you have a job to do."
Continue heading towards the victims of the Rabid Roomba Rampage.
Angel and Zach arrive at the site of the Rabid Roomba Rampage to find Alan unconscious, a large part of his guts missing and replaced with torn up pieces of cloth, lying in a pool of his own blood, minced flesh and other things you usually find in human guts. John stands besides him, making strained faces.
Angel starts working on healing him, but she isn't sure she can do it before he dies. The fact that her power has to work on removing all the bandage-confetti he just summoned isn't helping.

Fniff & Harry Baldman & scapheap
"I get the feeling I'm a bit messed up sometimes."

Take up a position in cover on my side of the room. Be ready to shoot at those two people hiding out over on the other end.
You also manage to enter the room and hide behind cover without being heard. Not that difficult considering all the noise around here.
Eria drew her gun 'I don't think my ice can reach them.'

Be ready to take a shot if one peek their head up.
The only way to see if they are peeking out is to peek out yourselves, so I assume you want to do that.

You peek out. Nobody can be seen. You take aim with your pistols, ready to shoot anything that pops out. You wait. Nothing happens.
Ike is certain there are humans there, he can vaguely sense their shape and that they're moving a bit but for whatever reason they seem intent on hiding. Hmmm...

Lenglon
Through interface, to D: <No teammates is why I'm doing this. Should I care about what is on the papers I'm burning?>
Continue collecting additional firepower.
Through interface, to D and teammates: <We've got a time limit, the people upstairs are working their way down to us. Don't take too long getting stuff. if someone with hands is just standing around, I could use some help moving the device off the elevator.>
Through interface, to D: <could you keep me updated on how the attempt to breach the upstairs door is going? I need to be ready to greet them as soon as they succeed.>
Through interface, to D: <What is the point of these 'games' you (That is a plural 'you' by the way, yay for flaws in English. ya'll really should be an accepted word.) are having us fight in?>
"No, you don't get it, that was-" *sigh* "Never mind, let's just see what's there... requisition papers, experiment results, progress reports, personnel reports, financial reports, equipment reports, memos, manuals... No, nothing there you should care about. Nothing I see anyway. They usually submit all those papers in triplicate so there should be copies. And, let's face it, if you're living in the information era and you don't have offsite electronic backups for your top secret projects, you're just asking for it."

"Eh, don't worry. You've got plenty of time right now. I'll tell you as soon as something happens. Provided you don't destroy the speaker here."

((You aren't using your mouth to speak and you shouldn't even know English (both due to your past and your host), so consider this just giving the right telepathic suggestions.))
"The point of these games? Heh. That's a big question. And by big question, I mean one with many long answers. My answer is, I do it for the fun of it. Nothing too complicated.
Can't talk about the others because... well, I might be who I am, but I respect their privacy on things that matter.
Now, if you want a long and boring discussion on the subject, I suggest talking to him, he's the one into all that stuff. And he organizes the games, so that makes talking to him doubly appropriate."

About half of the elevator platform has been covered in spinning flame orbs, centered on you. Everything flammable around you is either burning or getting there. Thick smoke causes you to cough as it escapes upwards or to the hallway. It's getting really hot in here.
You might have gone a bit overboard with the flame hoarding.
"You got this? Do you want me to activate the fire extinguishers? Got some fancy foam stuff I could manually activate."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 10, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »

((IM HELPING))

"Uhhh... will these help?"

Summon a suite of medical/surgical tools.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 10, 2013, 02:18:14 pm »

"We should avoid setting off alarms... Even if there is people, I'd rather not go in for a direct assault. Element of surprise should be in our favor. Who agrees?"
Take cover as well, try to see if there's a way to sneak to where we need to go.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 10, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »

((It is where I live as well, and it's "ya'll" because the pause in the word is AFTER the A.
let the ya'll vs y'all wars commence ya fools!!))
((I didnot realize that the few rules English has werenot involiable. Iam surprised at this.))

"Don't you dare die on me!"
Attempt to drop the name-knowing power, trying to get something more useful in return.
Continue healing him.
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 10, 2013, 02:31:45 pm »

"No, no no! Nothing sharp please! Just stay on guard, we'll get to work on saving him."
Zechariah didn't have healing abilities, that was for sure. Well, at least physical. He could try focusing his will into the victim, but he was pretty sure that wouldn't work.
"Hey, man, you're gonna be okay. We're not letting you die here. Just think about little ducklings... Little duckies."
Zechariah gave the best smile he could before Alan passed out. Hopefully he was in duckland.
"Angel, can you take care of him? I'm going to help Irine."

Head back to help Irine, unless something comes up. I'm more of use next to fire anyways.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 10, 2013, 02:33:17 pm »

"Angel, can you take care of him?"
"I AM!"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 521