Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124609 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Got to da choppa
« Reply #525 on: December 02, 2013, 09:50:16 am »

Angel suddenly collapses and curls up into a ball.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 02, 2013, 09:55:47 am »

To teammates: <Angel? Angel!>
Hop over to Angel and rub against her leg, where she isn't burned. leave my orb of fire floating where it is, it'd be stupid to risk hitting someone with it while moving through the elevator.
To teammates: <Angel? are you ok?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:30 am »

Angel's voice is just audible.
"They're dead, aren't they. I killed them."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 02, 2013, 10:09:59 am »

now is not the time for compassion. She needs the truth, and needs to learn to be careful with her skills. best for her to let it out now, rather than fall apart later.
To teammates: <Not necessarily. I think a few will live through it, but reality is when you lose an entire arm or leg you bleed out awful fast. If you were trying for a massacre, you'd probably want to be more thorough, but if you plan on not hurting people when teleporting around like that, you need to be a hell of a lot more careful.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 02, 2013, 10:11:00 am »

"I didn't know! I didn't want to kill them...I didn't know they would die..."
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 02, 2013, 10:18:31 am »

Through interface, to teammates and entities: <with power comes responsibility Angel, you need to learn how to control yourself if you don't want to do that again. It's your responsibility, as one of the powerful, to understand what you can do, ESPECIALLY by accident. I don't think you meant to hurt those people, but reality is many of them are going to die as a result of what you did, and it doesn't matter if you meant it or not.>

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 02, 2013, 10:19:41 am »

John sighed.  What did Angel expect would happen?  He just shook his head and did what he did best...

Summon a first aid kit.  Distribute contents to those who need it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #532 on: December 02, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »

Just keep healing, just keep healing...
When life gets you burnt in the face you know what you gotta do? Just keep healing, just keep healing, just keep healing healing healing. What do we do? We heal. Oh ho oh! I love to heal. Heal and-
((Huh? I was thinking more Finding Nemo. What was that?))
((http://youtu.be/4WVoC_CJbow))

Through interface, to Teammates + Entities: <So. What. Now?>
"Now you just wait for the elevator to go down my beautiful pyromaniac fox." the entity says through a speaker in the elevator "It will take a while. You might want to use that time to ask questions, discuss strategy, get your things sorted out, take care of Magic boy there before he bleeds out. That sort of thing."

"After that, you're going to two places on the next floor: Biolabs and Energetic equipment testing. You'll find a component necessary for the operation of the Device there. Then you go down another elevator. Very simple, right? They shouldn't have many guards down there, 9 at most, but they might be waiting outside the elevator to ambush you, so be ready."

(I'd recommend giving an idea of where everyone in the posts is. At many points I was confused as to whether or not I could see the approaching teammates or if they were really far away.)
((Yeah, I noticed that too. I'll be having you in two teams next level and make the areas you can go smaller to avoid that. If we ever come into a situation like that again, I'll either try to draw maps or at least write where everyone is at the end of the post.))

((Just giving you some info. Turn later.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 02, 2013, 12:26:16 pm »

Through interface, to teammates + entities: <What is the component and why are you hiding what the Device does from us?>
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:37:50 pm by Lenglon »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 02, 2013, 12:33:40 pm »

As Zechariah blacked out, he swore he could see Katherine Anayo running to help him.
Wait, Katie. I'll be back soon. Just wait.
He also saw Artemis in the corner of the elevator, snickering at him. Artemis said something but Zechariah blacked out before he could hear Artemis.
All he could hope was that Angel was okay. And that he could get a drink of apple juice soon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 02, 2013, 12:42:13 pm »

((by the way, I'm amused by how Irine is getting blamed for raising the alarm when it actually was the raid on the security station, specifically when Jordan faked a call for help, that caused the alarm to be raised.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 02, 2013, 01:05:57 pm »

((Yeah, that was my character's fault. The unconscious guardian Medium over in the corner painted in red.))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:09:11 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 02, 2013, 01:30:13 pm »

Just keep healing, just keep healing...
When life gets you burnt in the face you know what you gotta do? Just keep healing, just keep healing, just keep healing healing healing. What do we do? We heal. Oh ho oh! I love to heal. Heal and-
((Huh? I was thinking more Finding Nemo. What was that?))
((http://youtu.be/4WVoC_CJbow))
((So, the same as I thought, just not recognized. Gotcha.))

((by the way, I'm amused by how Irine is getting blamed for raising the alarm when it actually was the raid on the security station, specifically when Jordan faked a call for help, that caused the alarm to be raised.))
((Maybe no one wants to admit to disapproval of the fires?))
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #538 on: December 02, 2013, 01:38:03 pm »

Through interface, to teammates + entities: <What is the component and why are you hiding what the Device does from us?>
"What? Hiding? You wound me when you say stuff like that. So quick to accuse me when I've done nothing but try to help you. Words hurt, you know." says the entity in a very dramatic and over the top way, clearly being sarcastic.
"I didn't say, because you didn't ask." continues the entity normally. "Next time, you want to know something, ask. We're usually very talkative unless it's something personal. I just thought you were kinda busy burning everyone to death for me to be giving you a history lesson. Swell job, by the way. Real fan of your work."

"Anyway, short version is, it's sort of a... Harpoon capable of bypassing Active Multidimensional Defenses. A weapon capable of capturing and holding a powerful being's soul, if you like. You're getting a Power Storage Unit from the Energetic equipment testing and a sort of Poison from the Biolabs."

"Now, if you want the long version, it involves a history lesson of why the Soviet Union emerged victorious after World War 3 as the world's only superpower, as well as a brief introduction to the conflicts between entities and the processes of universal assimilation we use."

"Now that I've mentioned it, I'm very surprised nobody asked about what's the deal with the Soviets. I thought most of you came from Earths with standard Earth-3 type histories."

((The alarm was actually raised by the guards of Security Station A (the one near the entrance, the one that had all its guards survive and stay out of combat) who heard enough crap to realize something is wrong. The guard who said "Sound the alarm!" in the Main Security Station was talking to another guard, not to his radio, because he was too busy pointing his gun at the door. The other guard was also too busy pointing his gun at the door to follow that order. So depending on who you want to blame, it's either everyone's fault (except for Ike's and Eria's, although they too can be blamed for not going fast enough, since they could have delayed enemy reinforcements if they had taken the comm station before the alarm was sounded) or nobody's fault.))
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 01:40:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 02, 2013, 01:42:59 pm »

"I tend not to question stuff I see on the job or I'd become 'Jordan, questioner of things' rather then 'Jordan, assassin'. Off the job, on the other hand..."
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 521