Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125219 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: No (wo)man left behind
« Reply #465 on: November 28, 2013, 08:56:13 pm »

[Is it very shameful that I only see a Parisbre RTD and apply for the waitlist now? ;_;]
((You need a proper character sheet. And no, it isn't. I'm getting the feeling that you haven't been online much lately?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: No (wo)man left behind
« Reply #466 on: November 29, 2013, 07:10:17 am »

[Is it very shameful that I only see a Parisbre RTD and apply for the waitlist now? ;_;]
((Nope, not at all. Why would it be? It's my first RTD and I've been running it for less than a month.

Just give me your ability/abilities and we'll work things out from there. Read the first post and ask me if you have any questions. Or post your questions here, I'm sure the others would be happy to help you faster than I can. Or you can read the first couple of pages where people are joining to see what it's all about.

Speaking of noticing RTDs, I only now noticed Harry Baldman's The Forgotten Art and I am currently enjoying reading through it very much. I should check those sigs more often.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Random.org hates Xantalos
« Reply #467 on: November 29, 2013, 10:23:57 am »

Keep healing, try to wake up.
Healing. Unconscious.
The pain was seriously starting to mess with him. He was pushing his body over the limit, even if his willpower was outstanding. He let go of the crystal wall to conserve some energy. He was straining under the pressure and saw black spots in his vision, not to mention that his hearing was failing him also. He did, however, hear the entity's last remark.
"SHUT IT, YOU DAMN DEMON!"
You know, for a guy whose powers depended almost completely on his willpower, you'd think that he'd have reached some sort of barrier in his willpower right about now.
That wasn't the case though. He flared on, driven by commitment to those around him, hatred for those above him, and fear of those below him.

Ladies and gentlemen, the most complicated boy in the world multiverse.
Continue with the help of Eria. Concentrate using my complex whirlpool of emotions.
Drag/carry Zach and Angel to the elevator
Flame generation charge 4: ignite some paperwork/inbox/printer paper, and keep the flames leaping from paper to paper behind the slow-moving trio for very rapid growth. then use it to form another firewall behind us. gather a several (preferably five) one-foot diameter spare spheres of flame to bring with me as we run in case I have to do this again. physically, I'm going to keep traveling with the trio, moving rapidly in short spurts to keep up then turning around to manage the flames. If I have to choose between flame management and keeping up, I'm going to keep up.
Irene starts a small fire behind the retreating group.
The firewall is still growing and they're about halfway through the offices when the door from the hallway slams open. However, it is not guards that come through it.
"There's my guy!"
The Director comes through the door, holding a tiny gun in his hand.
"That guy again?"
The trio alters its path towards the left so that they are hidden from the Director by some dividers, while Irene sends an orb of fire forward to intercept him.
"They should had killed him."

Irene's fire orb hits him just as he raises his weapon to fire at the trio. The Director is hit in the chest, but he still manages to use his weapon.
The weapon glows red as the director swings it from right to left, forming an arc that would bisect the trio through the office dividers that stand between them.

Zach notices the office dividers on his right being sliced and melted as if by some invisible hot knife. He has only moments to act and he acts on instinct. He bends his knees and falls forward, barely escaping the invisible beam of destruction, his only injury being some burnt hair and a bad haircut.
Eria is not so lucky. She fails to react as quickly as her teammate. She jumps towards the left, but the beam hits her right arm. Passing through those office dividers has weakened the beam, but not enough to render it harmless. While her arm hasn't been cut in half and she isn't in any danger of dying, it has been horribly burnt. She won't be using it any time soon.
Angel is rather unceremoniously dropped by her carriers as they dodge, but at least she was dropped fast enough to not be harmed by the beam.
Irene isn't in danger during all this, since she wasn't the Director's target and she's far too short in her fox form to be hit anyway.

The Director drops his weapon and retreats behind the concrete wall to take cover and extinguish his suit.
Despite the pain Eria gets up. She and Zach once again carry Angel towards the elevator. Irene follows while setting up walls of fire. They're almost at the elevator hallway

Alan is frustrated. He does stupid things when he's frustrated.
I CAST FUCK YOU BUILDING
Summon a house-sized vacuum cleaner and point the nozzle in someone's general direction.
Suddenly, everything around you goes black. You are somewhere very cramped and very claustrophobic. You can feel and smell plastic around you. After a moment, you can hear a buzzing sound above you, accompanied by heavy wind from that direction. The air is getting hotter.
Quietly hang on to the ceiling. If there's some safe-looking way to stand on top of the elevator, do that. Make no suspicious noises.
Let me describe this elevator in a bit more detail.
It's a large metal platform, large enough to fit a couple of tanks or a number of containers. (In fact, it was designed to carry containers.) It has a low wall that acts as a barrier so that containers do not scrape against the concrete of the shaft, but is otherwise open. You can see the concrete walls of the shaft around you. There is a small construct made of metal beams that forms a ceiling of sorts, where winch like things that can carry containers can move on rails. There are also some lights up there. You can see no mechanism above the elevator for its operation so you guess that the mechanism for raising and lowering it is somewhere below it. There are a few wooden boxes inside the elevator and not much else.

You want to climb on top of the metal beams and rails? If yes, consider yourself there. There's a maintenance ladder so you don't need to roll for it.
John casts a sidelong glance at Alan.  What was he here for, anyway?
"Do we have to wait for them?  This thing won't last forever."
Speaking of bad ideas, summon a briefcase nuke.
"You don't HAVE to wait for them but if you don't, you'll be sentencing them to almost-certain death."
"And that would be wrong because...?"
"Yeah. Go down. Eliminate the competition."
"Missing team members provide additional power. Current threat level at objective location low. Delaying is reasonable."

You begin summoning a nuke. Cause that's clearly a great idea.
Nope. Nada. Nothing. You can't summon anything. Might be that Xantalos' unluckiness field is beginning to affect you too.

Speaking of which, your teammate just got trapped inside a human-sized vacuum cleaner he just summoned. And the vacuum cleaner is somehow working without being plugged in. Great.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:28:10 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 29, 2013, 10:26:12 am »

((Yay, I'm not the one Lady Luck hates today!))

You know the drill.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2013, 10:28:15 am »

Jordan kicked the floor and put on his earpiece again. "I'm sorry, guys, presumably whatever you're doing is very fun-packed and exciting, but can you give it a move on because there is the Soviet equal of a SWAT team coming down on our heads very very soon, if not right now?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2013, 10:31:45 am »

((It's more like every single roll he made since the beginning of the game has been less than or equal to three. Mostly 2s. He only got 2 rolls above 3 that I can remember. Maybe I'll give him a 5 next round for free, because this is getting ridiculous.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2013, 10:34:48 am »

"Well, as long as there is nothing better to do..."

Disassemble that vacuum cleaner the appliance guy is trapped inside of.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 29, 2013, 01:16:19 pm »

<We already know what's happening and what we're doing. Just give us- hff- just give us a little more time!>

Zechariah wasn't able to touch his hair at the moment, but reasoned that it couldn't get much worse than it already was. He practically ran around with bedhair all the time, except patted down to not look as bad.

Come one, he thought. Just a little bit more, and then we can get help from the Soldiers of Fort Cookware.

Focus completetly on getting to the elevator.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 29, 2013, 01:51:38 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fire enough coffee filters the size of my head out of my hands to fully clog up the machine!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 29, 2013, 02:30:45 pm »

Bring my five spheres of flame with me, rotating around me in a simple, easy to maintain pattern, and run for the elevator. keep some distance between me and my allies so the spheres wont burn them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2013, 07:06:14 pm »

"On the bight side, it seem to burned out most of the nerve ends so it just a mild pain."

Get Angel to the chopper elevator.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2013, 07:33:47 pm »

((It's more like every single roll he made since the beginning of the game has been less than or equal to three. Mostly 2s. He only got 2 rolls above 3 that I can remember. Maybe I'll give him a 5 next round for free, because this is getting ridiculous.))
((No, don't. I want to EARN the streak of 6s that lasts for an entire mission.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 29, 2013, 08:06:04 pm »

((No, don't. I want to EARN the streak of 6s that lasts for an entire mission.))
((1. Probability doesn't work like that.
2. 6's are often as bad as 1's.))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2013, 08:07:02 pm »

((1. Probability doesn't work like that.
2. 6's are often as bad as 1's.))
((1. On Random.org it does.
2. Don't quite care, and no they're much more fun.))
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 29, 2013, 10:27:17 pm »

((I think all your ER sixes are getting paid for here.))

John is too busy laughing at Alan to summon anything else.

Help Alan get out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 521