Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125483 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Rec Room Inferno
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »

((I thought not all people had posted, that's why I didn't do a turn sooner. But then I checked and all of you had posted an action. Errm... So, yeah. Post. Turn. Below this line. Sorry for the delay.))
((Man, I've been there...))

((Damn your luck! That was supposed to be a difficult enemy! I didn't even get to show any of his attacks! Oh well, the mission isn't over yet.
((Just standard, I guess.))

Maybe I should make all NPCs autoroll 4s and 5s...
((-1))

Was it OK for me to do your turn like this? Should I had stopped time sooner to give you a chance to do something different?))
((It was fine, IMHO.))

[h]

"Okay, okay, okay, okay..."
Memorize the code, then try to knock the Director out. Grab the detonator and ball bearings, who knows what they can do?
Heal Irene, myself, and anyone else within my power to help, then release my powers again. Focus on some sort of telepathic communication. Focus on getting some kind of more powerful healing, for the people I already hurt so badly...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 10:28:45 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2013, 10:26:36 pm »

((letting you run my turn like that is exactly why I include all those If:Then statements. as long as nothing unexpected happens there's no reason not to just keep it running.))

Memorize the code, then try to knock the Director out. Grab the detonator and ball bearings, who knows what they can do?
Heal Irene, myself, and anyone else within my power to help, then release my powers again. Focus on some sort of telepathic communication.

((Have you forgotten about the interface? we already HAVE telepathic communication to teammates. the only reason you'd need it is to talk to hostiles!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2013, 10:27:59 pm »

((letting you run my turn like that is exactly why I include all those If:Then statements. as long as nothing unexpected happens there's no reason not to just keep it running.))

Heal Irene, myself, and anyone else within my power to help, then release my powers again. Focus on some sort of telepathic communication.

((Have you forgotten about the interface? we already HAVE telepathic communication to teammates. the only reason you'd need it is to talk to hostiles!))
((...Yes, I forgot about that. One sec.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 21, 2013, 10:34:53 pm »

"I did NOT blow up the moon, took me and my shadow self to hell, and end up in this place just to have these idiots laugh at me."
Zechariah dusted himself off. He was worried, though. He didn't know where any of the other Guardians were, and only knew where Haextov was. Artemis wasn't even responding anymore.

Well, it's better than dead. Seriously. Zechariah though he'd died by imploding the moon and falling into the limbo with his shadow self. But noooo, apparently the universe was not finished with him yet.

The hallway was dark, and this room was barely lit by computer screens and the armory. Zechariah did not care for weapons. His best weapon was his soul. The good thing about the darkness was that he could call upon the shadows to manipulate vision. This would give them time to escape. If he had Artemis on hand, they could combine and use the shadows as actual constructs. But alas, Artemis was off somewhere. Probably mocking people, being blasted out of windows (couldn't he use a door for once?), and torturing himself. Standard procedure for the guardians.

"I really wish we had a fire here or something. I really do. Ah well. I can use the shadows."

Cover the doorway. If we hear enemies, manipulate the shadows to show a normal hallway with nobody in it at all.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2013, 12:23:05 am »

Climb on the roof of the comm building, then knock on the door from above. Stay hidden.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2013, 02:43:43 am »

At least he made the decision to hurt him easy. I mean, it had to happen, but still. I... I don't want to have to be a... like that... I hope Angel is ok.
Relay the code to all the other teams using the interface.
To Angel: <We need to get out of here fast as soon as we confirm that the code is good, can you do that teleportation thing again?>
Restrain the hallway fire from advancing towards us, but keep it active and growing. Collect the excess into a large sphere of flame, available for rapid use if an unexpected threat arrives.
Through Interface, to Stellar: <I... When this... When we're done here, we need to have a long talk, ok?>
I... I was burned. I... I don't understand. Why... How much worse are things going to become?!? I hate this... I hate this so very, very much...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2013, 09:43:05 am »

<In a bit.>
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2013, 10:08:55 am »

John leaned in as he heard the chatter over his link.  "Code received.  We're in the building with the package, approaching the elevator.  Y'all might want to head down here so we can all go at once."

Head to the door, and try the code.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2013, 10:33:43 am »

((Post is ready. Just bumping this in case the people who haven't posted want to post. Otherwise, I'll post the turn in a while.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2013, 10:56:14 am »

Walk to the roof. There got to be a stairwell somewhere.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2013, 06:07:59 pm »

...AGLBLBLBE

Alan babbles for no apparent reason, having no real idea what's going on.

If the code doesn't work, conjure several hammers of different types.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2013, 06:40:31 pm »

Jordan silently aims his pistol at the door.

If anyone comes through, kill them. Otherwise, wait until it's proven that the area is clear.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2013, 07:22:45 pm »

Heal Irene, myself, and anyone else within my power to help, then release my powers again. Focus on getting some kind of more powerful healing, for the people I already hurt so badly...

You gain the ability to heal most wounds on you and others, but it still works kinda slowly. Not so slow as to be useless, but you need  to focus on it for a minute or two for things more serious than a light wound.
You gain some kind of alternate sight. Your normal sight is reduced to barely recognizable faint outlines, but you can see pulses of... something. They're coming from everywhere around you. You and Irene seem to pulse the strongest, with the Director coming a close second. You can sense other strong pulses, coming from further away.
At least he made the decision to hurt him easy. I mean, it had to happen, but still. I... I don't want to have to be a... like that... I hope Angel is ok.
Relay the code to all the other teams using the interface.
To Angel: <We need to get out of here fast as soon as we confirm that the code is good, can you do that teleportation thing again?>
Restrain the hallway fire from advancing towards us, but keep it active and growing. Collect the excess into a large sphere of flame, available for rapid use if an unexpected threat arrives.
Through Interface, to Stellar: <I... When this... When we're done here, we need to have a long talk, ok?>
I... I was burned. I... I don't understand. Why... How much worse are things going to become?!? I hate this... I hate this so very, very much...
((Strangely, nobody got seriously hurt in this "interrogation" (except the civilians) since you all dodged very well.))
You retain most of your fire, concentrating it on the doors that line the hallway, but it's getting harder to sustain it in this mostly flammable-free environment.

Angel approaches the Director with the intent of knocking him out, but before she can do so, the already damaged floor below the Director bends and collapses. Irene is fast enough to jump off of the Director and to an undamaged section of the floor. Angel has a bit more trouble, her lack of normal sight confusing her, but she too manages to barely avoid the collapsing floor.

You can see the Director rolling and get up with surprising speed and agility in the floor below. Even more surprisingly, he looks unhurt from the fall and quickly runs away before you can react.
Angel shrugs and goes to collect the detonator and some of the ball bearings that have spilled on the ground.
"Damn. He got away. I really wish you had killed him."
"You'd like that, wouldn't you?"
"Okay. The password works. Assault team just tried it."
Your Interfaces blink once orange and once green while saying: "Objective accomplished. New objective received. Make your way to the main elevator."

Three guards from the rec room arrive from the North and two guards from Security Station B arrive from the South. Angel can barely identify them as guards through their feint outlines. Their pulses look the same as any other's. Thankfully, the entity warns her of the danger.
"The only path I see that do not leads you through enemies is going out a window on your West. You can make your way to the Main security station from there. Otherwise, you can push south or north and use the stairwell there." comes the voice through Angel's earpiece.
((Perhaps you should had listened to the nice fox lady when she told you to choose teleportation.))

"I did NOT blow up the moon, took me and my shadow self to hell, and end up in this place just to have these idiots laugh at me."
Zechariah dusted himself off. He was worried, though. He didn't know where any of the other Guardians were, and only knew where Haextov was. Artemis wasn't even responding anymore.

Well, it's better than dead. Seriously. Zechariah though he'd died by imploding the moon and falling into the limbo with his shadow self. But noooo, apparently the universe was not finished with him yet.

The hallway was dark, and this room was barely lit by computer screens and the armory. Zechariah did not care for weapons. His best weapon was his soul. The good thing about the darkness was that he could call upon the shadows to manipulate vision. This would give them time to escape. If he had Artemis on hand, they could combine and use the shadows as actual constructs. But alas, Artemis was off somewhere. Probably mocking people, being blasted out of windows (couldn't he use a door for once?), and torturing himself. Standard procedure for the guardians.

"I really wish we had a fire here or something. I really do. Ah well. I can use the shadows."

Cover the doorway. If we hear enemies, manipulate the shadows to show a normal hallway with nobody in it at all.
"If you want fire, there's plenty in the west section. Those girls will probably destroy the building at this rate."
"I hope they get burnt alive for the fire and death they've caused."
Jordan silently aims his pistol at the door.

If anyone comes through, kill them. Otherwise, wait until it's proven that the area is clear.
You reload your silenced pistols and stand guard near the door, Zach using his staff  as a walking stick.
After a while, the entity finishes whatever it was doing in the security system.
Your Interfaces blink once green while saying: "Objective accomplished."
"Okay, just grab that guy's palm and get it to the main elevator and you're done."

Climb on the roof of the comm building, then knock on the door from above. Stay hidden.
You use the beams forming the antenna to climb onto the roof of the small comm building, bend down and knock "Shave and a haircut" on the door, before retreating a bit and observing with your enhanced senses.
"Wha-? Who's there?" The guard is startled and points his gun at the door. After a few seconds of waiting with no response forthcoming, he opens the door. He checks his corners and then slowly steps out, still looking left and right, searching for an ambush coming from a corner.

John leaned in as he heard the chatter over his link.  "Code received.  We're in the building with the package, approaching the elevator.  Y'all might want to head down here so we can all go at once."

Head to the door, and try the code.
...AGLBLBLBE

Alan babbles for no apparent reason, having no real idea what's going on.

If the code doesn't work, conjure several hammers of different types.
You travel west, towards the elevator, along with the civilians leaving the building. You get a few curious looks as you move, but fortunately nothing worse. You finally reach the massive doors and enter the code on a keypad beside the gate. It blinks green. A nearby hand scanner lights up.
Your Interfaces blink once orange and once green while saying: "Objective accomplished. New objective received. Wait for the other teams to arrive."
You can see most of the civilians heading south towards the exit of the building. Still no sings of enemy.
This is turning into a very boring assault. You're beginning to think that entity should had named you "Courier" instead.

Walk to the roof. There got to be a stairwell somewhere.
You limp in the large hallway assault team just walked through.
"At this point, you're probably better off just going to the Main Elevator and helping there. Your teammate is almost done anyway."
"A very... mixed performance, so far..."
"She's a good one. You'll see."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 12:22:16 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 23, 2013, 07:26:52 pm »

Boredly begin building fortifications out of summoned pots and pans.
It should be a good fort due to my secondary ability of being able to utilize my appliances for just about anything with expert precision.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:58:12 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2013, 07:42:15 pm »

"Well then, if you don't mind getting the hand, Jordan, so we can end this."
When Jordan is ready, start moving towards the main elevator. Have staff ready to summon the shadows.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 521