Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125492 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Rec Room Inferno
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2013, 05:37:59 pm »

((*looks at Lenglon's post*

I like how we managed to turn both of our underage (I know Irene is over 100, but she looks like a teen) characters into merciless murderers in the span of a few minutes. Looks like your entity was right

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2013, 07:23:34 pm »

(This isn't my full action, I'll post that if Artemis agrees.)
"Oh my fuuuuucking God, that was amazing." Jordan stands up and grins, barely noticing the shot in his arm. "I just killed like five people in under a minute. That never gets old. I have a plan. We'll get out the window, avoid the guards that way, and leave them a surprise! And that surprise is fire! These old soviet systems are so cruddy that if you wire them up right, they'll be set alight, meaning that they'll be greeted with a fire and they won't be able to persue us, and of course we'd be out of there before... no no no, too dangerous, okay, barricade the door, then we get out by the window, no fire even though that would be really FUN! God, can you believe I get paid to do this? Anyway, you cool with going out the window?"
Grab a security's guards vest and put it on, then try to put up furniture against the door. If none can be moved, use dead bodies. Cut the hand off the target.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:41:22 pm by Fniff »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2013, 07:31:32 pm »

"If I could use my leg, then yeah. But my light surfaces are solid crystal, which would not be good for me to fall on. I could make a light bridge to another building, but you'd have to cover me, because it'd require me to focus on the bridge."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:34:32 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2013, 07:34:04 pm »

((So. It's not selective.
...What happens to everything in the meter-wide sphere Angel teleports stuff into?))

Angel is about to answer, but she glances backwards, noticing the carnage she accidentally left in her wake. It takes her a moment to speak.
"I'm...I work for...um..."
She tries to think of an answer.

Let go of my powers. Get...something else. Telepathy? Some sort of stealthy ability? Maybe something that could let her help those people she accidentally maimed?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2013, 07:34:42 pm »

"That's good, but I was thinking we climb down, but... yeah, leg's shot... Wait, shit, I'm shot as well, damn. Funny the things you don't notice in the heat of the moment. Anyway, bridge to the other side. You got another clip I could use?"
Oh, also see if I have another clip for the pistol. Still not the full action.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #350 on: November 20, 2013, 07:38:46 pm »

((Just a reminder, you have to get the Officer's hand (or use his security clearance to input your biometric data into the system, if you have a problem with cutting and carrying hands) and one of you has to go to the adjacent security system control room and do some stuff the entity tells you to the computers there.
There's also the Armory, if you want some more weapons and equipment, since you're out of ammo. Or you could take pistol clips from the dead guys.
There are no windows nearby but there is a door leading to the roof.
You have to get to the main elevator once you complete your objectives, which is close by, one floor below you.

I'm pretty sure I gave you all this info before. If not, sorry, my bad.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 20, 2013, 07:40:40 pm »

(Oh, yeah, almost forgot! I'll edit my post to cut his hand off.)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 20, 2013, 07:45:45 pm »

((You gave some of the basic info, but you left some of the latter out.))
"Jordan, get his hand also. Or drag him to the stupid control screens. I'm going to get more of the clips from these guys so I can shoot out the lights and use the shadows once again. We're going to have to get down to the elevator, so let's hurry before we have soldiers pouring in. I'll watch the door."

Grab a guard vest and some clips. Use the staff as a walking stick and test my shadow powers, then stand guard at the door.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #353 on: November 20, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »

...What happens to everything in the meter-wide sphere Angel teleports stuff into?))
((It's got to do with the way the power works, since it's not actually teleportation in the sense of "magically pop from one place to another", but something that looks a lot like it. But, as I described in the turn, the material that was already there was pushed outwards. Hence why you're now standing on a pile of rubble and a piece of floor that's barely stable.

You're lucky, my original idea was to have the intersecting material explode into shrapnel, but I thought it would a) probably kill you or severely wound you the first time you used it and b) too overpowered if you learned how to use it.))
((You gave some of the basic info, but you left some of the latter out.))
((Whoops. Sorry. Yeah, I noticed I'm leaving info all over the place instead of giving it all together. Something to work on improving, I guess.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 20, 2013, 08:09:20 pm »

((*looks at Lenglon's post*

I like how we managed to turn both of our underage (I know Irene is over 100, but she looks like a teen) characters into merciless murderers in the span of a few minutes. Looks like your entity was right
((Irine isn't just a teen, she's also a hundred-thirty year old predator that can use flame to ensure she has successful kills. She hunts to survive, and has watched creatures burned alive many times. Yes, killing someone is different, but Irine isn't human in the first place, and from her perspective right now, she has to do this to survive. I understand why it seems like it would be a hard decision for Irine the teen, but it's not that hard for Irine the fox.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 20, 2013, 08:19:19 pm »

((Wait what she's over 100?
In order to RP correctly I'm not reading any other posts other than mine, so this is kinda news to me.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 20, 2013, 08:23:32 pm »

((It's got to do with the way the power works, since it's not actually teleportation in the sense of "magically pop from one place to another", but something that looks a lot like it. But, as I described in the turn, the material that was already there was pushed outwards. Hence why you're now standing on a pile of rubble and a piece of floor that's barely stable.
You're lucky, my original idea was to have the intersecting material explode into shrapnel, but I thought it would a) probably kill you or severely wound you the first time you used it and b) too overpowered if you learned how to use it.))
((Ah...I would have just had the two spheres switch places.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 20, 2013, 08:33:26 pm »

((Wait what she's over 100?
In order to RP correctly I'm not reading any other posts other than mine, so this is kinda news to me.))
((Irine ages at the slowest rate of her two forms. her fox form ages very slowly, max age is 1000 +- 100 years.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 20, 2013, 11:39:45 pm »

Slink over to the comm station or whatever the red star place was. Move there, at any rate.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #359 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:40 pm »

((I thought not all people had posted, that's why I didn't do a turn sooner. But then I checked and all of you had posted an action. Errm... So, yeah. Post. Turn. Below this line. Sorry for the delay.))

John looks at the now-open gate.  "Let's just get in there before it gets worse!"

Get to da choppa elevator.  Shoot hostiles.
Balls.

Run along with guy. Shoot blenders at hostiles.
You open the door, guns at the ready. Beyond is a huge hallway with nothing interesting in it except a few boxes and some wooden doors here and there. At the end of the hallway you can see your objective: a pair of massive metal doors, with the same width and height as this hallway.
The hallway is mostly empty, except for a few office workers exiting through the doors on your right and making their way to the left or towards the elevator, more confused than scared. They're probably evacuating as the speakers instructed, moving towards the exit of the building.
You hide your weapons and begin making your way towards the elevator, pushing the cart with the Device.

Eria sighs "Got to be a back way in somewhere."

Go inside the building somehow, even if it a soon to be ex-window.
There's a disturbing lack of windows on this side of the building (at least on this floor), so you just limp your way to the loading area.

Angel is about to answer, but she glances backwards, noticing the carnage she accidentally left in her wake. It takes her a moment to speak.
"I'm...I work for...um..."
She tries to think of an answer.

Let go of my powers. Get...something else. Telepathy? Some sort of stealthy ability? Maybe something that could let her help those people she accidentally maimed?
[Roll to choose Telepathy/Stealth/Healing  d3->3 = Chose healing]
You gain the ability to automatically heal small cuts, bruises and other small injuries on yourself and others nearby at a slow rate.
You gain the ability to attract the rage of others.
To Angel: <I'm about to do something really cruel. You should close your eyes.>
Generate a 1-foot floating sphere of flame behind the director's head (one burning one flame generation charge), take a moment to shape it in the vague shape of a human female head, and begin to repeatedly make alarm barks while facing the flame-head. continue to bark throughout the entire rest of my actions. Have a thin tendril of flame reach out, arcing around his head, and melt his left eye before retracting back to the head and having the head float over in front of him to a position a mere two feet from the director's face.
To Angel and the Director: <You are in no position to ask questions. Tell me the Master Pass-code or you'll never see anything ever again.>
If the director refuses, threatens Angel in response, hurts Angel, or tries to run, burn out his other eye and immolate his right leg.
To Angel and the Director: <Don't make me get creative.>
If he continues to resist even after that, for each denial, ignite one of his fingers. alternate hands to maximize pain. tell him exactly what he looks like as his skin melts and blackens throughout this process as a running narrative, punctuated by demands for the Master pass-code. do not include Angel in the running narrative's speech targets - she doesn't need that particular nightmare.
"Who are you? Who do you work for?" The Director says as he regains his balance and bends down. "NKVD? The Cause? The Secretary sent you to kill me?" He tries to withdraw something that looks like a detonator from his boot.
"Crap! Stop him!" the entity warns Angel through her earpiece.
Angel, still lying on the ground where she was pushed, rolls towards the director and kicks his hand before he has a chance to lift it.
The Director looses his grip on the detonator and it rolls to the side.
At the same time, Irene uses her power to explode a large ball of flame into existence behind the Director and shape it into the vague form of a woman. She begins barking at it in that beautiful way only foxes can bark.
The Director senses the heat approaching him and manages to jump away, suffering only minor burns.
<You are in no position to ask questions. Tell me the Master Pass-code or you'll never see anything ever again.> Irene says through her telepathy.
"What? Do you have any idea who you're speaking to?" He says as he begins removing something that looks like ball bearings from one of his pockets.
Once again Angel is faster, getting to her feet and before the Director has a chance to throw her his balls, she jumps on him and with great effort manages to push him to the ground.
<Don't make me get creative.> Irene telepathically broadcasts as the fire construct explodes, covering the corridor with fire.
Irene is struck the hardest by the fire blast, but her resistance leaves her with some minor burns that Angel's newfound ability should heal in a while. Angel is also hit by the fire, her clothes and hair catching on fire. She quickly rolls on the rubble-covered ground and manages to extinguish the flames, only sustaining minor injuries. The Director is mostly protected by the blast from Angel's body.
Before the Director has a chance to move, Irene jumps on to him and bares her teeth, growling.
"Fine, I'll tell you! I'll tell you! 10 58..." he continues to give you a number.
"You might want to tell the Assault team to try it first, make sure he's not lying. Be careful with that one. There's something... unexpected here."
((Damn your luck! That was supposed to be a difficult enemy! I didn't even get to show any of his attacks! Oh well, the mission isn't over yet.
Maybe I should make all NPCs autoroll 4s and 5s...
Was it OK for me to do your turn like this? Should I had stopped time sooner to give you a chance to do something different?))

"Hahaha! What was that? I thought your guy was supposed to be some big hero."
"He IS! Be silent!"
"Oh, come on, that guy has failed to use his magic properly and couldn't hit an elephant at 10 feet. His guy on the other hand, he's the real deal."
"I'm do not consider that to be such a good thing."
"I had a feeling you wouldn't."
"Get the stuff from the main guard, Jordan... and switch out your Janitor's jacket for a security guard vest. It'll make my job of concealing us easier, especially with this pain. Try to find a bandage or something." The pain made it hard for him to focus, but whatever. He had a job to do and he couldn't let them both die on his part. He couldn't let the entities win, whether they were from the Medium or not. He had to do this.
Get a guard's vest. Use my staff as a walking stick, and test if my shadow powers still work.
You try to use your powers. Those things are laughing at you. You've got to prove them wrong.  You have to show them your power damn it!
Your anger bolsters your will as you focus on a single thing: Darkness. The entire room is covered in it, and it escapes to the hallway beyond, a thick cloud swallowing all light. Hm. At least your powers still work. You let go and the cloud dissipates.
"Oh my fuuuuucking God, that was amazing." Jordan stands up and grins, barely noticing the shot in his arm. "I just killed like five people in under a minute. That never gets old. I have a plan. We'll get out the window, avoid the guards that way, and leave them a surprise! And that surprise is fire! These old soviet systems are so cruddy that if you wire them up right, they'll be set alight, meaning that they'll be greeted with a fire and they won't be able to persue us, and of course we'd be out of there before... no no no, too dangerous, okay, barricade the door, then we get out by the window, no fire even though that would be really FUN! God, can you believe I get paid to do this? Anyway, you cool with going out the window?"
Grab a security's guards vest and put it on, then try to put up furniture against the door. If none can be moved, use dead bodies. Cut the hand off the target.
"That's good, but I was thinking we climb down, but... yeah, leg's shot... Wait, shit, I'm shot as well, damn. Funny the things you don't notice in the heat of the moment. Anyway, bridge to the other side. You got another clip I could use?"
Oh, also see if I have another clip for the pistol. Still not the full action.
"Jordan, get his hand also. Or drag him to the stupid control screens. I'm going to get more of the clips from these guys so I can shoot out the lights and use the shadows once again. We're going to have to get down to the elevator, so let's hurry before we have soldiers pouring in. I'll watch the door."
Grab a guard vest and some clips. Use the staff as a walking stick and test my shadow powers, then stand guard at the door.
Zach limps to the metal door on the left and uses his keycard to gain access to the armory. There he finds guns. Lots of guns, big and small. And more importantly, clips for their pistols. There are also a few first aid kits and guard outfits. He pockets enough clips for the both of them and uses the first aid kits to make some crude bandages for him and his teammate.
Jordan tries to cut their mark's arm, but it proves difficult to do with just a kitchen knife. So he decides to just follow the entity's directions and remove his earpiece and connect it to one of the computers there. While the entity works on the computer, Jordan makes a crude barricade out of desks. However, there's a problem. There doesn't seem to be any exits except fot the door they came from, the door that leads back to the dark hallway.
"Just give me some time to work on the security systems. This human body takes too long to do things."
You begin changing clothes and wearing the clean guard outfits you found in the armory.

Slink over to the comm station or whatever the red star place was. Move there, at any rate.
You make your way to your objective. It's still the same small boring building under a big antenna with a guard in it. The guard is getting restless, moving back and forth with his gun drawn, speaking to his radio from time to time to ask for orders, but getting no response.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 521