Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125415 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: First Blood
« Reply #300 on: November 17, 2013, 11:46:24 pm »

Stupid thing.

Shoot the other guard when he's not looking.  Stuff their bodies in the kiosk.  Shut off the smoker if I can- stuff it in the kiosk if I can't.  Get to the loading bay.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 17, 2013, 11:53:15 pm »

((Oh. I'm pretty much ignorant then :D))

"Right then, we just use this..."
Use the keycard.
"And to the control room we go. I hope the others are doing okay... but we must continue."
If the keycard works, continue down the hallway carefully.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 17, 2013, 11:59:31 pm »

(Dammit, I had a nice idea for hacking the door.)

"That fire is worrying me. In most circumstances I'd delay the mission, but it seems like personal safety is secondary to the objective. Let's get this done fast."
Proceed down the hallway, look for fire-escapes and guards. Have gun at the ready, but not obviously so.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2013, 12:04:03 am »

"As long as we have a window or something I can easily get us out, using the light. The fire also will provide me light for usage, too. What I'm worried about is how they will fare down there, along with the problem of the guards."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2013, 12:12:12 am »

((Ah, gimme a second.
* Xantalos busts into Random.org and does unspeakable things
Better.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2013, 12:51:06 am »

Generate a set of two-inch spheres of flame inside the wall alongside us (expend only one of my five flame generation charges... or at least I thought I had five... I mean, with the way that nothing else is working... Am I going to blow up or something when I try this? I... I can't afford to think about that. This is going to work. I'll... I hope it will.), and spread hidden flame throughout the interior of the walls, giving it a safe place to grow and causing havoc with the building's wireing. try to avoid letting any of the fire show itself.
Should I tell Angel? She... She'll do the same thing as last time. She'll try to stop me again. I can't afford that. I... I can't tell her yet. I'll prove myself first, maybe then she'll trust me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2013, 03:07:45 am »

Look at the other building and try to discern if there is an open window or some fixture that I may attach the hook to. Same goes for the roof I'm standing on.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2013, 05:56:17 am »

Eria wasted no time. She was used to death. Putting the body in the car and closing the door, she carry on with cutting through the fence.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2013, 11:47:21 am »

Look mildly surprised.

Ah, sorry man. Thought this was someplace else.

Approach and ask what part of the complex this is, wait until he's talking then shoot him.
Shoot the other guard when he's not looking.  Stuff their bodies in the kiosk.  Shut off the smoker if I can- stuff it in the kiosk if I can't.  Get to the loading bay.
Alan begins approaching the guard and asks him his question.
"What? Are you stupid?! Stay back!" He draws his pistol.
A single small knife is launched from Alan's hand. It embeds itself in the guard's chest before he has a chance to react.
The guard is shocked and in pain but manages to raise his gun and point it at Alan.
John takes his shot through the window, trying to stop the guard from shooting, but misses.
The guard fires a single shot, grazing Alan and drawing some blood, but not doing any serious damage. It still hurts like hell though.
The guard collapses from his wounds, now unconscious.

As Alan hides the bodies in the guardhouse and John shuts down the smoker, the radio on the corner of the room fills you in on the guard's reactions.
"Sir, I think I heard something from the guardhouse. Sounded like a gunshot."
"Guardhouse, report! What's going on there?"
"Should we go investigate sir?"
"If we don't get a response, go check what's going on.
Everyone, look alive. The fire and then the gunshot. Can't be a coincidence."

"Lavirenko, respond immediately! What's the situation on the gate?"

Angel drops both of her powers and replaces them, aiming for some sort of ability that lets her teleport herself and others. She then examines her own abilities.
You gain the ability to "teleport" yourself and everything in a .5 meter sphere around you forward. Your range is very short, about 1.5 meters at full strength, but you can use it in bursts to move quickly.
You gain an ability that draws other people's attention. It seems to be working, since the fox has her eyes fixed on you. Or maybe she's just planning to kill you.
Generate a set of two-inch spheres of flame inside the wall alongside us (expend only one of my five flame generation charges... or at least I thought I had five... I mean, with the way that nothing else is working... Am I going to blow up or something when I try this? I... I can't afford to think about that. This is going to work. I'll... I hope it will.), and spread hidden flame throughout the interior of the walls, giving it a safe place to grow and causing havoc with the building's wiring. try to avoid letting any of the fire show itself.
Should I tell Angel? She... She'll do the same thing as last time. She'll try to stop me again. I can't afford that. I... I can't tell her yet. I'll prove myself first, maybe then she'll trust me.
Despite the fact that you're doing this blind and the fact that, except for the wires and very little insulation, there's nothing flammable in the concrete walls and the fact that oxygen has difficulty entering the wall through the few holes that exist, like electrical sockets, you manage to light a small fire in the Rec Room wall.
Right now it's very small, it hasn't even fully melted the plastic of the wires yet. It should slowly grow bigger though. But you can always help it along.
While doing this, you can't stop staring at Angel for some reason.

"Right then, we just use this..."
Use the keycard.
"And to the control room we go. I hope the others are doing okay... but we must continue."
If the keycard works, continue down the hallway carefully.
Proceed down the hallway, look for fire-escapes and guards. Have gun at the ready, but not obviously so.
The keycard deactivates the lock with a small "beep" and allows you to enter the Security Area.
As you walk, the radio continues to inform you of the guard's communications.

"Sir, we're having trouble with the fire."
"How bad is it?"
"Not that bad, it's just that someone has already used the fire extinguisher here. I need some help with the hose."
"Already used...? You heard that SecStation C?"
"Affirmative, we'll send our men."

You pass through a heavy metal door labeled "reinforced temporary imprisonment unit" and reach the end of the hallway.
In front of you is the door leading to your target, behind you is a door leading to the roof and on your left is the door leading to a bathroom.

"Sir, I think I heard something from the guardhouse. Sounded like a gunshot."
"Guardhouse, report! What's going on there?"
"Should we go investigate sir?"
"If we don't get a response, go check what's going on.
Everyone, look alive. The fire and then the gunshot. Can't be a coincidence."

"Lavirenko, respond immediately! What's the situation on the gate?"

One of the voices in the radio, the one the others address as "Sir", can be heard from behind the door as well.

Look at the other building and try to discern if there is an open window or some fixture that I may attach the hook to. Same goes for the roof I'm standing on.
You're not actually standing on the roof, since the target building is 2 stories high and the one you're in is about 20. So I thought it would be better if you found some empty office to use a bit higher than the roof of the target building.

There are plenty of support pillars and sturdy looking pipes you could tie the rope around on your end.
On the target building, you've got plenty of choices. You could shoot the grappling hook to a window and have it attach itself on it. You could aim for the railing of the lower roof section, which would probably be the easier target, since the only thing you'd have to do is hit the roof and pull the rope until it's taught. Or you could try for the ventilation tower, which would bring you closer to your objective.

You see a flash of light coming from the otherwise dark south street.

Eria wasted no time. She was used to death. Putting the body in the car and closing the door, she carry on with cutting through the fence.
You hide the body in the car, close the door and cover the pool of blood with a bit of the surrounding snow. That done, you cut your way through the fence and make your way inside.

You're currently facing a concrete wall on the northwest corner of the building. It's got nothing on it but a few cracks. Not even windows or pipes.
You could try to somehow climb the wall. Or you could try to look around for something else. Or you could make your way to the loading area and get inside the building from there. Or something else.

You hear a faint bang coming from the south street.

Everyone
"Alert level raised. Guards suspicious." your Interfaces inform you.

((Here. Have some music.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:34:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2013, 12:02:39 pm »

Jordan motions to Zech and whispers quietly as he draws up to the side of the door. "Looks like someone is less careful then us. I don't think anyone's going to care if we raise the alarm further, but let's try and keep the problems minimal. Zed, get on the door, check through the keyhole. Look for natural light sources inside and how many people are inside. Here's the plan, we kill the guards, grab the leader and put a gun to his head, tell him to dispatch his guards to down the street or something so we don't get heat drawn to us, then we execute him and cut his hand off. Your purpose is to help me trap him by creating restraints on him, at least something to stop him from running off or yelling something out before we can threaten him. You with me?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2013, 12:28:55 pm »

help my little wallfire grow
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:35:33 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2013, 01:38:14 pm »

Shoot and attach the hook to the ventilation tower, tie the grappling gun end around something steady-looking on my end, like a support pillar. If this works, hold onto the rope and check its ability to hold my weight.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2013, 01:40:32 pm »

((Balls. Toaster, you wanna try to imitate his voice while I conjure up some band aids or something?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »

"Right, but let's do this quick. If there's no natural light I can take out those artificial lights and just use the shadows instead. We don't need this to be any more complicated than it already is, so time is of the essence."
Peek through the keyhole, look for our targets and the various light sources.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2013, 03:21:32 pm »

((Balls. Toaster, you wanna try to imitate his voice while I conjure up some band aids or something?))
((Bandages are a type of home appliance?))
"Right, but let's do this quick. If there's no natural light I can take out those artificial lights and just use the shadows instead. We don't need this to be any more complicated than it already is, so time is of the essence."
Peek through the keyhole, look for our targets and the various light sources.
((To save you a turn, this part of the building isn't so old as to have those old see through locks. It's got locks like this: Standard Lock except for some very old parts of the building in the northwestern section, that haven't been renovated.
Even if it had one of those old see-through locks, you'd need something like an optic fiber or some other way to bend light to see much of the room.
The door itself looks somewhat like this:Standard Cheap Office Door
If you ask the entity, he will tell you that the room beyond is large and filled with desks and computers, along with some radios and other security devices. There's a metal keycard locked door leading to the armory on the left and a metal keycard locked door leading to the security system's computers on the right.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 03:26:23 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 521