Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1125531 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In Soviet Russia, mission starts you!
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2013, 09:59:20 am »

"Uh-oh. Subtle won't work..."

Attempt to use janitorial powers to douse the flames.
If unsuccessful: Hurry up the stairs, locating the director guy and hurrying to his location. Use janitor powers to locate the most efficient route to his location.
Is somehow successful: Calmly push the janitorial cart up the ramp.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 15, 2013, 10:34:27 am »

John sighed.  "Smooth.  All right, this thing's ready... I think.  Let's go.

Hey entities, who is supposed to be in charge of this place?  I need a name to drop."

Set the timer for it to go off a few second before we hit the gate.  Drive up and request entry, pretending to be couriers delivering to the head honcho.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 15, 2013, 10:43:14 am »

Take the north stairway near the loading area. We're wasting no time here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 15, 2013, 11:43:23 am »

To Angel:<Fire... Distraction. Leave it.>
Blindly, and without moving physically, use my fire control to lift the excess flame from the blaze beyond what it needed to keep the core of the fire burning, and form it into a ball that I roll along the base of the walls of the room, moving it along once it has ignited more of the area, and overall just carefully maximize the speed the flames spread inside the closet, but keep them from flicking outside. once the entire room is ablaze, continue to draw off the excess flames and form them all into the ball, which I'll leave floating in the middle of the janitorial closet, constantly under my active control, and collecting lots of fire as fast as I can for use later.

To Stellar:<What... happened?>
((Note that I'm not using the interface. I'm attempting to communicate directly.))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:35:43 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2013, 12:30:20 pm »

((@Lenglon: If GWG moves you further away from the ball than you currently are, then you're going to start getting penalties for controlling that ball, just saying.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 15, 2013, 12:31:46 pm »

((Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind and adjust my plan then. I guess I won't be making the ground floor into a Touhou game after all. this turn's actions remain unchanged though))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #261 on: November 15, 2013, 12:36:29 pm »

((Fair enough, I'll keep that in mind and adjust my plan then. I guess I won't be making the ground floor into a Touhou game after all. this turn's actions remain unchanged though))
((If you're quick enough, you could control the fire from the floor above you before it spreads significantly. But no, I'm not going to have you control what amounts to half a city block worth of fire. Wouldn't be fair to the others.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 15, 2013, 12:38:33 pm »

((If you're quick enough, you could control the fire from the floor above you before it spreads significantly. But no, I'm not going to have you control what amounts to half a city block worth of fire. Wouldn't be fair to the others.))
((her old range was a football field, but yeah, that makes a lot of sense...
Irine has a lot of things to complain about right now, doesn't she?))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 15, 2013, 12:40:40 pm »

Stealthily proceed along with Zech. If anyone asks, we're going to clean upstairs.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 15, 2013, 12:42:22 pm »

((Hey, roll with the punches. My character can't form any attacks or defenses from artificial light, which severely limits his capacities indoors. He is limited to shadows only unless he can find a window and carry some light shards with him, which requires constant energy from himself.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 15, 2013, 12:44:51 pm »

(And Jordan's just an ordinary human.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2013, 12:46:01 pm »

((Hey, roll with the punches. My character can't form any attacks or defenses from artificial light, which severely limits his capacities indoors. He is limited to shadows only unless he can find a window and carry some light shards with him, which requires constant energy from himself.))
((Oh I intend too. I'm not upset at all, if anything it's reassuring to know that our GM isn't willing to throw game balance out the window for no reason. Irine, my character on the other hand...))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2013, 01:00:56 pm »

((her old range was a football field, but yeah, that makes a lot of sense...
Irine has a lot of things to complain about right now, doesn't she?))
((That's what happens when you try to fit a demigod in a game where your starting powerlevel is supposed to be closer to that of a Level 1 videogame character. And unfortunately, your entity has to take the blame for that. Poor Stellar.))
((Wait, he can't? Oh and I had come up with a very fun attack he could do with his power... If you can really only use natural light (ie. sunlight) then I'm going to have to rebalance your power.

The way I imagined it, you created the objects by drawing them directly from the source. For example, there was a lamp, you drew the light directly from the lamp. There was a candle or other flame, he drew light directly from that.

But the from what you're saying now, you want yourself to be able to absorb sunlight and then channel it into constructs?
If yes, say so and we'll make some adjustments now, since you haven't used your power yet.

Also, because I come up with some sort of vague pseudoscientific explanation for  how your powers work so that I can tell how two might interact, I'm going to have to come up with a reason he can use sunlight and not normal light.
(And Jordan's just an ordinary human.)
((With the way your power works, you're probably the most dangerous character on a one on one fight. Sure, you don't have Toaster's and Angel's versatility or Eria's and Irene's weapons, but if you get in range with a good weapon (pistol, knife, etc.) the odds are on your side.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2013, 01:04:40 pm »

(Huh. Funny how the most ordinary character is one of the more dangerous.

Of course, the most powerful character obviously goes to Xantalos. Fear the whisk summoning.)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 15, 2013, 01:17:30 pm »

((Okay, so in basic, any light that COULD BE produced by nature counts as natural. This includes fires, moonlight, sunlight, lava, and mirrors that reflect natural light, if you wanna get creative. This does not include lightbulbs, lamps, man-made electricity, heat coils, etc. If Zechariah is paying attention he can also make small use of the light provided by Lightning also, but this is quite rare.

The power of his light constructs depends on the amount of light available. Full sunlight and moonlight are the best, followed by lightning, fire, and magma. Mirrors generally reflect full light.

If no natural light sources are available, he can create small, short lived light constructs from his soul energy, but this takes extreme concentration and lasts only a second or two. Basically, a last resort. It makes him very tired to do this without natural light, so it would probably be better to use shadows in this situation. If he doesn't have his staff in his hand he can't do this at all.

His basic moves include creating crystal light shards to send flying towards the enemy, shard fragmentation bombs of light, light shield, blades of light guided from his staff, and light crystal plates he can hop on. He can get creative with the shards, but this is his basic skillset.

If you have any other questions, please do ask. Oh, and his power was given by the same entities who controlled The Medium, when all the Guardians channeled their power into him along with a certain other person, giving him this power permanently. And then destroying Artemis' power and all that.))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:22:39 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 521