Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124647 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Couch Cavalary Assault
« Reply #810 on: December 21, 2013, 06:05:59 pm »

Eria look at the stump "My poor tail." she says in a surprisingly sad tone.

She 'turns' to mission control "Is it still possible to get to the target with that?" she waves at the glowing parts.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 21, 2013, 07:59:24 pm »

((I like how almost every option on the poll has exactly one vote.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 21, 2013, 08:07:49 pm »

How about the ability to transform any non-living object created by a sentient being into a "Tsar" version of that object. The "Tsar" version of that object would be much bigger, louder, more powerful, less practical, and less efficient.
The power would be touch-based, there could only be one "Tsar" item in existence at a time, and it would be possible to remove the "Tsar" effect from an item. Any damage an item has would remain the same when it is transformed. Removing the "Tsar" from an item would not be touch based.

For examples of my power,
Tsar bell, Tsar cannon, Tsar tank, tsar bomb.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 08:27:10 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 21, 2013, 08:08:39 pm »

Ooh! Do a Tsar Angel! Or a Tsar Alan! Or a Tsar Air!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 21, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »

The power has to be used on a man-made object. Poor phrasing there, I will change it.
The power must be used on a non-living object created by a sentient being.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #815 on: December 21, 2013, 09:31:47 pm »

((Just writing to say that the dripping liquid forms paths clear of flesh for Xantalos and Toaster. Forgot to write that in the post. I'll see if I can make a quick edit.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 21, 2013, 09:56:53 pm »

lolcats

((I should have picked that power!))

John slaps Alan on the shoulder.  "Don't touch it.  It might get mad.  That said..."

Summon a flamethrower for use against the flesh, just in case.  Continue to proceed toward objective.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #817 on: December 22, 2013, 07:56:56 am »

How about the ability to transform any non-living object created by a sentient being into a "Tsar" version of that object. The "Tsar" version of that object would be much bigger, louder, more powerful, less practical, and less efficient.
The power would be touch-based, there could only be one "Tsar" item in existence at a time, and it would be possible to remove the "Tsar" effect from an item. Any damage an item has would remain the same when it is transformed. Removing the "Tsar" from an item would not be touch based.

For examples of my power,
Tsar bell, Tsar cannon, Tsar tank, tsar bomb.
The power has to be used on a man-made object. Poor phrasing there, I will change it.
The power must be used on a non-living object created by a sentient being.
Yeah, that sounds OK. Thinking about an upgrade tree for you is going to be hard, but I've got until your first successful mission, so I should have time to think. Anyway, I think I have your power figured out. Submit a character name-appearance-bio and everything is done on your end.

(disclaimer: ability effects will vary depending on rolls. Parisbre56 and his associates don't guarantee protection from the results of your abilities. Undesired side effects may include nausea, pain, explosions, loss of limbs, out-of-body experiences, homicidal vacuum cleaners and cat rain. Do not use this ability if you are allergic to peanuts, black holes or dying.)
lolcats
((I should have picked that power!))
((Another one of the test characters I had made. A man that had the ability to connect to each mission's equivalent of the internet with his mind. One of the failure texts I had was: "You get distracted during your search by a picture of a funny cat. And then another one. And another one. Before you know it, you've got about a thousand mental tabs open, each with thousands of funny cat pictures on it. You're not feeling very well."))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Attack of the Rabid Vacuum Cleaners
« Reply #818 on: December 22, 2013, 03:09:57 pm »

walk off the elevator, but only just barely, not risking losing control of the flames both around me and above the elevator. otherwise no action.
((Reminder that I'm already not in the elevator shaft, and have been for several turns now.))
take a couple steps farther away from the elevator shaft, but only as long as I'm not at risk of losing control of my flames.
Through interface, to D: <Thank you, please keep me informed as to what they're doing up there as best you can.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 22, 2013, 04:52:46 pm »

((Just writing to say that the dripping liquid forms paths clear of flesh for Xantalos and Toaster. Forgot to write that in the post. I'll see if I can make a quick edit.))
Walk through while doing the bleach thing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #820 on: December 22, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »

Summon extra strong bleach and pour it on the flesh as an experiment.
Walk through while doing the bleach thing.
You get a plastic bottle with a tiny amount of bleach in it. Pouring it on the flesh doesn't do much beyond causing it to go red and then start growing faster where the bleach made contact. However, when a drop of yellow liquid falls on the bottle it immediately starts dissolving. Okay, note to self: stay away from the yellow liquid unless you're made out of metal.
John slaps Alan on the shoulder.  "Don't touch it.  It might get mad.  That said..."

Summon a flamethrower for use against the flesh, just in case.  Continue to proceed toward objective.
You get a number of small pressurized canisters connected to each other with cooper water pipes that lead to a valve, in turn connected to a garden hose with a spray gun and a candle lighter tied on its end that have their triggers linked. The whole setup has straps that allow you to carry it. You've got to open a valve connected to the canisters to use the flamethrower.

John and Alan leave the sofa behind and make their way through the forest of flesh, making certain to avoid going anywhere near it or the yellow liquid. Along the way they notice the shredded remains of the lower body of a guard, its upper body having been consumed by the pale flesh and the yellow liquid.

You move on, a bit more paranoid now. You finally reach your objective, an inverse pyramid. It's glowing green. From the top of the pyramid grows the pale flesh, like the roots of a tree. From holes on the sides of the pyramid come tubes carrying the glowing yellow liquid. Parts of the pyramid not producing the liquid are covered with wires and optic cables pulsing with light. Some of the wires are connected to a nearby table equipped with various screens and tools for handling chemicals, while others disappear beneath the metal floor. And from the tip of the pyramid fall drops of glowing green liquid, very very slowly. They accumulate in small glass vials, only one of which is currently full. You carefully remove the full vial and seal it. Well, that's done. Now all you have to do is get to the elevator and-

The optic cables connected to the pyramid pulse brightly with red light. The flesh begins to stir and grow, making sounds like gurgling and moaning and chirping and infrasonic things you feel in your guts and feet more than you hear them. It's moving towards you, eyes looking your way and hands reaching for you. The yellow liquid is holding it at bay for now, but at the rate it's growing, it won't stay that way for long.
"Whoops. Looks like Ike just did something bad."

Keep moving, the marathon runner I am! /sarcasm
You keep moving. On your way, you feel a tremor. When you reach the elevator corridor, there's a cloud of dust floating around that causes you to cough every once in a while.
You reach Irene's location. Or at least you think you do, there are balls of fire spinning around. It's hard to see with all that dust.
You can hear metal and stone striking upon metal in the elevator shaft.

((Man, all the cool stuff started happening after I died.
Okay, the first cool thing killed me, and the rest of the cool stuff happened after I died.))

Notice the host's body.

Will...will she be okay? ...Will I be okay?
It's kinda hard to notice your host's body because:
A. You're desynchronized.
B. You have no body. You don't have anything to notice it with.
C. There isn't much left of the host's body except for some broken bones and burnt flesh covered with fire extinguishing foam.

Host body deemed unrecoverable. Reconnecting with staging area...

"Sorry, man, I don't feel like getting vaporized. You see any ways for us to get to you? Or for you to get out of there?"

"Easy, just walk toward me or I can walk toward you. The turret's not operational, and the reality fuckery has subsided a notch, so I bet you could make it over here safely. Or I could just pass the canister to you, then come back here and touch the cube! Cube! Yes!"

Corrected action: before touching the cube, run over to Jordan and pass him the important canister. Only then return and touch the cube.
You make your way around the rim of the crater and give the canister to Jordan before returning to touch the cube. You get up on the white-marble-like pedestal. It feels rather tingly, static electricity hitting your skin every once in a while, causing your hair to stand on end.
You touch the cube. It's cool and smooth. You think you feel it vibrating slightly. You can hear voices in the back of your head. When you try to listen to them the cube pulses with light and-
You're standing under the sun and there are thousands of fireflies around you. And they're all looking for a way out. And the sun is beautiful and painful. And the fireflies are tearing into your flesh, trying to hide, to escape. And the sun is uncaring. And it all makes you angry. You scream at the sun and it screams right back at you. You continue screaming, your lungs never running empty.

((You actually had to fail two willpower checks in the same turn to touch the cube, because I thought that having someone affected by mindfuckery that easily would be kinda cheap. But then you went ahead and touched the cube yourself. When someone gives me permission to potentially mess with them... Can't say no to that. And you rolled badly for your interaction with the cube, so...))

"I'll pass, thanks. I mean, I might touch it first and make it non-operational. You found it, you deserve it more then me."
Catch the canister.
You make your way around the rim of the crater and get the canister from Ike and then allow him to return to his crazy experiment. You get back on the hallway and are about to start making your way towards the elevator when you hear Ike scream. Not a short scream of pain but a long scream of anger or despair. You look behind you to see Ike on the white marble pedestal, touching the cube with one hand. His eyes are closed and his face is contorted by the screaming. The cube and the optic cables connected to it are pulsing brightly with red light and hitting him with lightning. His other hand is raising his silenced pistol in your direction.
"Warned him that could happen. Try to not kill him? Or just run away?"
Eria look at the stump "My poor tail." she says in a surprisingly sad tone.

She 'turns' to mission control "Is it still possible to get to the target with that?" she waves at the glowing parts.
Jordan just took the canister and brought it back to the hallway, so that's taken care of. Oh, and Ike is screaming in homicidal rage and alien mindfuckery on the other side of the crater. And he is raising his pistol in your direction. Great!

walk off the elevator, but only just barely, not risking losing control of the flames both around me and above the elevator. otherwise no action.
((Reminder that I'm already not in the elevator shaft, and have been for several turns now.))
take a couple steps farther away from the elevator shaft, but only as long as I'm not at risk of losing control of my flames.
Through interface, to D: <Thank you, please keep me informed as to what they're doing up there as best you can.>
((Yeah, but there will be debris falling. One of them might break up during impact and hit you with one of its fragments. And there will be dust and a... actually, I'm going to write those stuff in the turn, why am I telling them OOC?))
You slowly take a step back. And another. You go as far back as you feel comfortable going, which isn't more than a few steps, and make your way behind a box, your balls of fire spinning high enough above you that they don't set anything on fire. Not yet, anyway.
There is the sound of an explosion, magnified by the enclosed space. It makes your ears ring. Then comes the dust and the sound of things hitting the elevator platform and the structure above it and then the sound of the platform bending and breaking and pressurized fluid being released.
You try to maintain the wall of fire but you can't fully repair the damage the debris and dust are doing to it. It's gotten a bit smaller.
The dust causes you to cough intermittently and prevents you from seeing very well. You once again hear someone running behind you.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:41:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 22, 2013, 10:11:33 pm »

"Don't fall, please do not fall, please do not fall, oh ceiling..."

Zechariah ran as fast as he could, raising his staff and attempting now to use the fire to secure the structure.

"Keep those fires going, Irine," Zechariah urged. "I'll try to keep this thing intact, or at least as intact as possible.

Summon a crystal platform and paste it on the ceiling, securing the ceiling as best as possible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 22, 2013, 10:29:13 pm »

((Not how I imagined desynchronization. So it's basically like watching something through a webcam that just had the cord cut?))

Appear in staging area?

"...What's going to happen to me? What happened to...my host? What's happening to the others?"
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 22, 2013, 10:34:01 pm »

((What I'm imagining is it's like we're people playing a computer game. We connect to the game and we get a player model, or our "host" here. This player model is moved by a keyboard and mouse, and in THIS game, we move our hosts by our thoughts, as if we were actually the hosts. If the host is killed, you are simply disconnected from the host body and "you are returned to the lobby" [in this case, the staging area].

That's how I see it, anyways.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 22, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »

((Oddly enough, playing a game and having it crash was my second analogy.
Or maybe playing a game over the internet and the server crashes. Except that for some reason you're the only one on the server. And the server is just running one of a number of units in another server. And the first server crashed because someone threw it out a window.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 521