Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124608 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Couch Cavalary Assault
« Reply #795 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:18 am »

"If you think it would help..."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 19, 2013, 09:22:21 am »

Try and freeze the opening
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #797 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:09 am »

Um. That sucks.

Say, why did I get enhanced aim and not anything useful?
Rolled that way. It fits the description of your power, doesn't it?
and one which is almost completely random (although always helpful and related to the current situation)
It is helpful (helpful is such a broad and subjective term, isn't it?) and related to the current situation (you kept missing). It simply wasn't the best thing you could get at the time.

Oh, funny thing, due to the way the Interface works, you can still talk to them. So feel free to wish your teammates good luck or tell them how they failed you or something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 19, 2013, 10:30:40 am »

Um. That sucks.

Say, why did I get enhanced aim and not anything useful?
Rolled that way.
*checks roll chart  suspiciously*

Oh, funny thing, due to the way the Interface works, you can still talk to them. So feel free to wish your teammates good luck or tell them how they failed you or something.
Noted.

What does 'desynchronization' mean? And why do I feel funny?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 19, 2013, 04:11:38 pm »

I can has waitlist?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #800 on: December 21, 2013, 03:32:38 pm »

I can has waitlist?
((You, sir, has been waitlisted. If you want, submit a power now. If you want, submit an internet related power, so every time you fail, I can flood your brain with lolcats, spam and viruses. Any questions?))

"Toasty."

Secure the objective!
It looks like that issue's been...

Summon sunglasses and put them on.

Couched.

Alan doesn't seem to realize that that doesn't make sense.
Alan gets a pair of pink fake reading glasses and slowly puts them on while trying to look cool.
"Eh, good enough."
You proceed with your couch towards the door on the other side of the room, making sure to keep your distance from the burning abomination and the rather nasty smell of burning plastic and burning hair and the strange yellow vapors that float around there. By the time you have reached the door, the fire suppression system has kicked in, flooding the area around the formerly burning abomination with whitish foam.

Opening the door reveals a large circular room filled with the same pale flesh as the Abomination's. It's everywhere, covering the walls and ceiling, appendages and organs extending from it, some coming together to form recognizable animal shapes. It seems to be constantly growing, held at bay only by tubes dripping with a glowing yellow fluid similar to the one the Abomination had on it. The moment the yellow fluid touches the flesh, it melts, as if touched by potent acid or molten metal.
"You know the drill, other side of the room is your objective. Find some glowing green liquid and take it to the Device. Be careful not to come into contact with it. I don't know what exactly it would do to you."

The dripping yellow liquid forms "safe" corridors that allow you to navigate through the pale white forest of growing and pulsating flesh. Any leftover liquid pools on metal gutters and is lead through holes in the floor.

"God damn it, you guys. Now you've gone and broken reality. I mean, shit. Really? Eh, well... I guess I forgive you, though. You guys are kinda cool. Especially you, secret hitman dude."

Put a whole lot of distance between self and rapidly expanding anomaly of magical terror. Search for something that might disable that turret. Listen carefully for people around the area.

"Say, do any of you voices know what that is? Or what that cube does? Nothing good is what I think, but I'm not about to discount alternate perspectives."
"From what I've seen so far, I'd say that they have a Colony Ship from a core world down there, probably from world 4.0." says the entity as you run away from the effect. You take cover behind the white marble the cube is levitating above. It looks so large and beautiful up close. "Which would make most of these items either parts of the ship or terraforming equipment. And with their shielding and control units removed, they tend to become unstable. So simple things like being hit by a laser cannon can trigger them." You continue looking at the cube. You think you can see the anomalies mirrored by one of its inner surfaces. Multicolored light comes from the location of the anomalies, followed by a strong wind carrying blue dust that reflects the light. "That cube is a secondary anchor. A three-dimensional sliver of a four-dimensional object, linked to the soul of the Colony Ship. Normally, it would be used to communicate with the Ship and to control equipment, but normally a Colony Ship would not be in an Earth World to begin with, so this can't be considered a normal situation. I can't really tell what it does right now." A ray of red light solidifies and extends to touch the cube. "Not unless you touch it, as you seem so keen on doing." You notice that you have extended you hand towards the cube when the entity mentions it. You quickly pull it back. The cube distorts like water struck by a stone. The wave travels through the red line, towards the anomalies. Your vision gets a bit blurry. After a moment, it clears up and the multicolored light disappears."But really, explaining you all this is pointless. It's space magic. Try to not poke it the wrong way, keep your distance and you'll be fine. Touch it and you could gain superpowers or you could die a horrible death. Or maybe nothing will happen. Who knows?"
You chance a look towards the anomalies. They're gone, something that your echolocation confirms. In their place, is a rather sizable crater of molten concrete and metal with the blue particles raining upon it. The crater includes the area the turret and its control room used to occupy. Hm. Looks like that problem solved itself. You can even see a path back to your slightly wounded friends! Everything's turning out fine! Now you just gotta touch the cube to thank it and all will be fine.

Through interface, to D: <I... I think my host knows what those are. those... those don't do any good against my wall of fire, right? Do they have anything that will cause me problems?>
Hold position, wait.
"I dunno. When all you have is a hammer... They might think they could extinguish the fire with explosives. Or they may have fire extinguishing grenades. I'm watching this through a soot covered low quality camera, be glad I'm giving you this much info.
Oh, they're taking cover. They'll probably breach the door now. I suggest you take cover yourself. They'll be debris falling."

Zechariah stopped running. The first casualty of the game was the same person he had just tried to save earlier.
No emotions now, Zechariah, Artemis taunted in his head. You still have a job to do. Or are you just going to let everyone down, just like you did with US? WITH THE GUARDIANS?

Shut up Artemis. Let me do my work.

Interface, Irine: <I'm... I'm heading back...>

Head back to Irine now.
You start going back towards Irene. You'll make it there next turn.
You seem to be constantly running on this level while not getting much done.

"Make it quick, or we're all stuck!"
Try to retreat to the previous room to avoid the horrible reality distortion.
After taking a second to talk with your teammates (isn't telepathic communication wonderful?) you do the smart thing and start running away. You make it all the way back to the hallway, before two glowing red spikes come out of the wall and get in your way. You dodge them easily.
Try and freeze the opening
You start shooting snow towards the door and the molten hole in the wall, almost completing the snow barrier before a white sphere expands enough to touch it. The barrier explodes towards you, pelting you with snow and causing minor bruising and pain. You decide it's best to follow Jordan's lead and run away. Behind you, the metal walls begin exploding like your snow barrier, hitting the position you were standing on a second ago like buckshot. Thankfully(?) the white sphere and most of the other effects you can see disappear and are taken over by a combination of silver geometric shapes and multicolored fire. The multicolored fire merges with the objects, causing them to glow brightly with various colors and bulge outwards in places.
When you reach the next room, you can no longer see the anomalies, but you can feel the wind coming from them and see the blue particles being carried by it. You're almost at the hallway Jordan is in when glowing red spikes come out of the wall. One of them gets in your way. You don't manage to fully dodge, loosing your tail in the process. You display great endurance, moving forward like you feel no pain.
You reach the hallway.

Jordan and Eria fall down as the wall besides them explodes with light. Their vision distorts and for a moment they can feel themselves more distant from their bodies. A second later, they get up to see the lip of a crater where the wall used to be. Most of the lights nearby have been destroyed, but the glowing molten concrete and metal in the center of the crater provides ample light, enough to see Ike staring at a glowing cube on the other side of the room, holding a plastic canister on one hand.
Eria's missing tail isn't bleeding. It has been cauterized. It will make keeping her balance harder.

What does 'desynchronization' mean? And why do I feel funny?
Synchronization definition:
Broad: the relation that exists when things occur at the same time; an adjustment that causes something to occur or recur in unison.
Narrow: the state where a host and a player are linked so as to be and act as one.
Desynchronization definition: Narrow: lack of synchronization between host and player.
Attempts will continue to be made to reconnect the player with their host.
If all attempts fail, they will be returned to the staging area.
Disorientation is normal during this state.

((Like I said, update frequency will be less than usual for the next two weeks.))
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 09:39:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 21, 2013, 04:19:28 pm »

"You say I could die a horrible death by touching this thing? Well, say no more! I'm definitely sold!"

Put the canister down on the ground, let it rest a moment. Then touch the cube!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:09:15 pm by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 21, 2013, 04:19:57 pm »

Summon extra strong bleach and pour it on the flesh as an experiment.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 21, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »

Keep moving, the marathon runner I am! /sarcasm

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 21, 2013, 04:40:28 pm »

((Man, all the cool stuff started happening after I died.
Okay, the first cool thing killed me, and the rest of the cool stuff happened after I died.))

Notice the host's body.

Will...will she be okay? ...Will I be okay?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 21, 2013, 04:44:04 pm »

"Ike, what's the situation? Lizard chick got her tail sizzled and drizzled, and we're standing on the other side of some sort of glowing anomaly in a crater like we're in fucking STALKER or something."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 21, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »

"Ike, what's the situation? Lizard chick got her tail sizzled and drizzled, and we're standing on the other side of some sort of glowing anomaly in a crater like we're in fucking STALKER or something."

"I'm pretty much okay, but I'm about to touch the cube. It'll either give me superpowers, do nothing at all, gruesomely kill me or gruesomely kill everybody else plus me. In any case, the result has a decent chance of being interesting! Apparently what happened over there was some kind of terraforming procedure or whatever - the stuff they've got here is from some alien 4.0 colony ship! I put the canister of the stuff we need on the ground nearby - if you want to pick it up first, come over here and get it. I'll wait!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 21, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »

"Sorry, man, I don't feel like getting vaporized. You see any ways for us to get to you? Or for you to get out of there?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 21, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »

"Sorry, man, I don't feel like getting vaporized. You see any ways for us to get to you? Or for you to get out of there?"

"Easy, just walk toward me or I can walk toward you. The turret's not operational, and the reality fuckery has subsided a notch, so I bet you could make it over here safely. Or I could just pass the canister to you, then come back here and touch the cube! Cube! Yes!"

Corrected action: before touching the cube, run over to Jordan and pass him the important canister. Only then return and touch the cube.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 21, 2013, 05:12:29 pm »

"I'll pass, thanks. I mean, I might touch it first and make it non-operational. You found it, you deserve it more then me."
Catch the canister.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 521