Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124627 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Fistful of Silence
« Reply #6390 on: October 15, 2016, 11:36:56 pm »

((Y'all amazing for that entire sequence. That was awesome. Going straight in the sigbox for sure.
And I have just the idea to top this situation off!))

A competent magic user who I trust, you say?

*good idea gland extrudes a dollop of brilliance*

OH GENERAL WHEREFORE ART THOOOOOOOOOUUUUU

I know you kinda forbade me and by extension everyone else remotely associated with me from ever coming to your property again and I think I remember spiking all your food and drink with Red Bull before I left and there was also that mountain of forks I built next to your house but can you help my bud pretty please I promise not necessarily to cause further damage to your house and the psyche of your wife and children yo
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 11:47:53 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: October 16, 2016, 07:43:28 am »

East! That was it! It's so great to have an insistent voice in your head telling you what you have to do.

Anyway, get some rations together. Gather the dog jerky! Amass the salted cat meat! Necklaces of dried rodents, jars of pickled eggs! That's how the true woodsman survives the pangs of starvation.

And make sure to check around for any sign of Irine or River, or at least their soul spheres. I think I actually know what they look like, don't I? Well, for Irine I do, anyway.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: October 16, 2016, 07:52:44 am »

Saevus, After the End

((Note to self: get some accuracy upgrades after this.))

Let's try to go North then. Try to keep myself out of sight.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6393 on: October 16, 2016, 08:04:15 am »

Shrug.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: October 16, 2016, 08:55:44 am »

((I love how the GM plays my character \o/ I also love how loveably silly Alan is :P ))

((Y'all amazing for that entire sequence. That was awesome. Going straight in the sigbox for sure.
((I want to see the link in full please :P I am also tempted to talk about Irine thanks to that last quip.))

Theri winced at the mention of Irine...in that way.

"Irine isn't a bird, and-I'll just go and rest here."

NOW I can meditate! In the least, if I cannot meditate, focus my thoughts on River and...paint a vivid impression in mind about him; say something akin to a prayer to keep him safe and mentally/physically/spiritually healthy. The same goes for Irine.

And then enjoy the softness of my rest and pillows!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: October 16, 2016, 03:36:08 pm »

((I love how the GM plays my character \o/ I also love how loveably silly Alan is :P ))

((I want to see the link in full please :P I am also tempted to talk about Irine thanks to that last quip.))
((Well, this is the second part of my sigtext, which long ago grew so large I had to make a second post in the thread for it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg5544100#msg5544100))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6396 on: October 16, 2016, 03:41:08 pm »

That... that tells me what I needed to know. That sword is possesed, and the people who made this place honor it but consider it dangerous. The exit is trapped, and there's a good chance there's other traps around here as well. If I touch the thing, it'll try to get in my head, and I don't have D to help protect me anymore. On top of that, the sword has a stronger influence than River does in his soulsphere.
We need to have a talk then.

I walk back to the sword's chamber and speak to it:
"I am addressing the being possessing the blade before me. Please identify yourself, and state for what purpose you would have me draw your blade."
I wait a while to allow it to respond, but if it doesn't, then I'll repeat myself and wait again. after I've asked it three times with no effect though, then will I finally give up on that communication method and instead use my innate telepathy, though I'm worried doing so might open myself to it influencing me, so I'd prefer to speak to it verbally.

<Hey, I know you're there. Identify yourself. I felt your request for me to wield you earlier, tell me why you wanted me to do that.>
in any case, I'm on alert for it trying to possess me or influence my mind.

note: I'm hungry, I'm on a constant passive hunt for evidence of prey. I'm staying in my current form to help me explore, but i'm going to shift to full-fox if I can find prey, meaning small rodents are very much on the table. I'm also on alert for water, and consider it even more important than food.

((This is interesting.))
You haven't seen much down here, nothing except a few spiders and small blind bugs. You could search around for something that might contain food or something edible, but your nose hasn't told you there's something like that around. Then again, you haven't really explored much of this place.

When you get back to the sword room, you are surprised and relieved to find some pieces of bone with tiny pieces of meat still clinging on them close to the sword. You're a bit worried about them at first but you're so hungry you just can't resist. You smell them while trying to keep your distance. They smell normal, like one of those small animals the genera had with a bit of human smell in them. You poke them a few times to make sure that you're not hallucinating them and that they won't explode or anything and then start gnawing on them. You don't know if it's because of the hunger, but they taste better than the best thing you've ever had. They don't manage to satiate your hunger though. They only leave you wanting more.

You also find a corner of the room where moisture has accumulated into a tiny puddle. You attempt to drink from it only to find it to be extremely salty. You spit it out and cough, trying to get the taste out of your mouth. The minerals here must have high salinity.

From what I understand, you're just standing near the sword and talking to it. In that case, verbal communication doesn't work with the sword and using your telepathy requires you to go fox, correct? You sure you want to go fox? Cause you'll need fire to turn back and foxes can't really wield big swords, if you end up wanting to do that.

A competent magic user who I trust, you say?

*good idea gland extrudes a dollop of brilliance*

OH GENERAL WHEREFORE ART THOOOOOOOOOUUUUU

I know you kinda forbade me and by extension everyone else remotely associated with me from ever coming to your property again and I think I remember spiking all your food and drink with Red Bull before I left and there was also that mountain of forks I built next to your house but can you help my bud pretty please I promise not necessarily to cause further damage to your house and the psyche of your wife and children yo

That would include several days of travel towards the west. You didn't actually take him with you. You don't even have his phone number. You wanna travel west in the hopes that you'll be able to meet with him and that he'll then help with the revival?

East! That was it! It's so great to have an insistent voice in your head telling you what you have to do.

Anyway, get some rations together. Gather the dog jerky! Amass the salted cat meat! Necklaces of dried rodents, jars of pickled eggs! That's how the true woodsman survives the pangs of starvation.

And make sure to check around for any sign of Irine or River, or at least their soul spheres. I think I actually know what they look like, don't I? Well, for Irine I do, anyway.

Consider your supplies acquired.

As for finding Irine... During your search, you come across the well with the fire sword at the bottom. One of the men standing watch has just finished his meal and is dumping the remains into the well. You debate whether or not it is worth your time for a few moments before deciding to scold him for such reckless behavior. You don't want them to make whatever is down there angry. At least not while you're still here. When you're gone, they can be as stupid as they want.

You check down the hole to make sure there's nothing coming up to kill everyone right now. It's hard to see, you can't tell if it was just shadows from the fire making it look like movement, but you think you might have seen something moving down there.

Theri winced at the mention of Irine...in that way.

"Irine isn't a bird, and-I'll just go and rest here."

NOW I can meditate! In the least, if I cannot meditate, focus my thoughts on River and...paint a vivid impression in mind about him; say something akin to a prayer to keep him safe and mentally/physically/spiritually healthy. The same goes for Irine.

And then enjoy the softness of my rest and pillows!

You rest and think of River and Irine. You really want to help them. For some reason, you feel like he'll appreciate that. You can sort of feel him, just out of reach. It feels as if there's something more you can do for them, but you don't know what exactly. It's just a need to get up and do... something. Something that would help. A feeling building up inside you.

Saevus, After the End

((Note to self: get some accuracy upgrades after this.))

Let's try to go North then. Try to keep myself out of sight.
I'm assuming you want to head downstairs to do that, right? Out of the tower?

Shrug.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: October 16, 2016, 03:48:02 pm »

Seeing things was never really my forte. What do I hear? What do I smell? Anything familiar?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: October 16, 2016, 03:50:04 pm »

I didn't actually think that through all that much, I just registered another possible way to unintentionally annoy the guy. I'd probably have proposed this to Ike and been 'nah'd.
Oh, I know something I could test out before I leave! Can I summon seeds? Would they, if I can, also be subject to the 'vanishes after a few whatevers' limit or would they potentially last long enough to grow up, produce more fruit and thus more seeds, and continue the cycle? Or no?
Sig! Onol

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: October 16, 2016, 03:58:28 pm »

WMD, After the End

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: October 16, 2016, 04:28:16 pm »

Yeah, I want to go full-fox. I'm still able to generate plenty of flame to shift back if needed, and there's no way I'm going to mess with that thing until I have more information. However, that food. Was it in here when I was in here earlier? wouldn't I have noticed it then? It's near the sword, did the thing make it? It has a human smell on it, I need to find where that human smell came from. I'm going to be shifting to full-fox anyway, and I am NOT going to waste food by eating it as big me. I need to be full-fox for eating because it'll be a much larger meal in that form.

order of actions: verbal comms check x3, shift full-fox, telepathic comms check, smell dem bones, gnaw on them and attempt to locate human smell source.

besides, I'm curious what changes have been made to my full-fox form, the one with the strongest fire magic. I mean, hybrid clearly was affected noticeably, I've got a good chance of being even more firey as full-fox, and might still look mostly normal as full-human, though I betcha I'm a blonde or redhead now instead of brown hair like I used to have.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 04:37:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: October 16, 2016, 07:08:10 pm »

Hmm... not good.

Can I see what the source of that is?  Is it coming closer or threatening me?  If yes, take cover.  If no, try again on the sensor suite.  You can never go wrong with a good sensor suite.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: October 17, 2016, 04:53:05 am »

Yep, going downstairs.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: October 17, 2016, 04:57:08 am »

Having a connection with dreams, or at least a vivid impression of lucidity within them, Theri wondered if she could project or visualize a concept for Irine or River. Any idea or sense of communication or connection--even the basest idea would do; but how to do so, even in pondering upon this uncertain act, was the biggest question to be answered.

She wondered if people had connections to physical objects and things too.

Try to focus on Irine; even a simple idea of contact with her would help in meditation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: October 17, 2016, 09:40:46 am »

Kosak Durar, After The End:

"Aha! I see what you're doing!"

Kosak attempts to figure out how many trunks are remaining(as in, unsevered). Afterwards, he severs the trunk he's currently on, and climbs onto the heart, then onto another trunk. As quickly as possible, wouldn't want to be grabbed by the goo stuff.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 521