Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124641 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Wacky Death Rave
« Reply #5805 on: March 07, 2016, 09:19:41 am »

((By the fire I assume you mean the gigantic silly string explosion? I think it's probably best to keep that burning, just in case Evil Michelin Man survived somehow.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: March 07, 2016, 12:02:27 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Much obliged, general! We'll do you a favor and never show our faces around here again."

Around the flames and far away! Keep an eye out for any enemy soldiers hanging out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: March 07, 2016, 12:30:24 pm »

((You guys met an NPC and didn't maim him?  I'm amazed.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: March 07, 2016, 12:35:50 pm »

((Physically, no. Mentally?

Whenever his daughter plays with her beloved sock puppet and begs him to join in on her adventures with Professor Alan he'll have to relive those nightmarish few days where a posse of idiots showed up and attempted to battle-rap him in lieu of a greeting, before laying low on/injuring themselves on all over his property for a few days, ruined most of his food by spiking it with an energy drink, left a gigantic pile of cutlery by the side of his house, and traumatized his wife before befriending his kids out of what may seem to him to be a cruel sense of irony. He'll remember us as bad dreams that trouble his sleep for years to come.))
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: March 08, 2016, 11:00:48 am »

((If we IC knew the knowledge of what y'all did to the General, I...don't believe the tension would go well .-.
That made me sad.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: March 09, 2016, 01:29:54 am »

((Actually, why didn't Irene react far worse to Alan's unique methods of social attempts? You'd think she'd have Alan on a leash as short as a billionaire's fingers.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5811 on: March 09, 2016, 02:33:11 am »

((Actually, why didn't Irene react far worse to Alan's unique methods of social attempts? You'd think she'd have Alan on a leash as short as a billionaire's fingers.))
((Because Irine doesn't want to control people.))
edit: ((Actually, thats not quite accurate. its because she wants to not control people.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:53:56 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: March 09, 2016, 03:35:47 am »

short as a billionaire's fingers

ooooooohhhh i geddit
Sig! Onol

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: March 09, 2016, 03:40:24 am »

short as a billionaire's fingers

ooooooohhhh i geddit
((I have a habit of making analogies but since I am, in fact, not english good, I went for the low hanging fruit this time.))
((Because Irine doesn't want to control people.)) ... ((Actually, thats not quite accurate. its because she wants to not control people.))
((So she doesn't not want to not never no-how control people?
I'm a bit thrown off by that, what's the difference, exactly?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5814 on: March 09, 2016, 03:42:57 am »

((the former means it isnt something she desires or cares about, the latter means its something she actively avoids. former means she wont go out of her way to control, latter means she will go out of her way to avoid controling.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: March 09, 2016, 06:25:16 am »

Oh, can I have the power of being able to control the weather?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5816 on: March 11, 2016, 08:11:22 pm »

((And I've got my upgrade tree. And it is awesome.))

Kosak sighed slightly. "So... what now? And can I get some beer?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5817 on: March 17, 2016, 03:42:09 pm »

Okay then. That's 6 votes for Large Dangerous Arena. Looks like we're going with that. Give me some ideas so I can generate the mission, like I did for Mission 1. It can be a random word, a few words, something you'd like to see in the map, a full description of something, whatever. Even if you don't have an idea, post anyway. I'd like to know who's going.

Oh, can I have the power of being able to control the weather?
What kind of weather control are we talking about?
Like Storm from X-men?
Like Clear Skies from Skyrim?
Just slowly moving clouds around and changing air pressure to change long-tern weather patterns?
Being the butterfly that flaps its wings and causes a hurricane on the other side of the world?

Campaign

"Thanks, broski! C'mon Ike, let's leave the man to his generalness and stuff. Probably got things to do, fluff balls to feed."

Alan turns to leave and starts walking in the direction the general indicated, but looks back momentarily.

"Oh by the way I left you a ton of Red Bull somewhere in your house. Or I might have spiked all your food and drink with it, I forget. Either way, you're welcome. Stuffs delish! 'Kay, bye now."

Cheerfully skip off in the direction he pointed to.
((By the fire I assume you mean the gigantic silly string explosion? I think it's probably best to keep that burning, just in case Evil Michelin Man survived somehow.))
You turn around and start quickly moving away, towards the direction the general indicated. You make your way around the fire that is quickly dying down. Good thing too. The combination of burning chemichals probably isn't very good for your health. The general remains close to his house, standing ready with fire in his hands. You can feel him watching you carefully, even as you move away.

You can see the few remaining scouts hiding behind whatever rock and inside whatever hole they can find, only the tips of their heads occasionally popping out to watch you. One of them has even started running away towards the north. Guess you've scared them enough so that they won't be giving you much trouble. Well, not much direct trouble anyway.

Campaign, Ike!

"Much obliged, general! We'll do you a favor and never show our faces around here again."

Around the flames and far away! Keep an eye out for any enemy soldiers hanging out.
"You do that."

The remaining scouts appear to be smart enough to keep their distance as you make your way away from the fire and the general's house. Then again, they also chose to follow you from a distance, an idea which one could describe as "poor", considering what you just did. An idea which turns out to be doubly poor a short while later.

You've been moving away for a few minutes now. The tower in which you slept comfortably has disappeared below the horizon as you follow the now slightly downward but still mostly flat slope of the hill. You occasionally turn around to check up on the people following you, just to make sure they don't get any ideas, but they continue keeping their distance, making sure to remain at least a few minutes away from you. Which is fine for now, but you're not really sure what you're supposed to do to make them stop following you. You can't just keep walking forever. This place is quite barren and flat and it doesn't look like the scenery is about to change anytime soon, so there's probably no easy way to make them lose your tracks. And Alan doesn't look like the type of person who could outrun them if it came down to it. Then again his performance has a tendency to variate wildly, so you wouldn't put it past him. Guess you could just try to finish them off or wait 'till night falls and try to escape then. Or maybe just keep walking until you reach the end of this hill. Should be another hour or so, based on your estimate and what the general said. Maybe there would be an easy way to lose them there. Or maybe you can just get foxgirl to burn them from a distance, assuming she doesn't once more complain about-

You hear the ground shake, the soft vibration making its way through the ground and into the air. The sound is almost immediately followed by the sound of screams coming from far behind you. You pause momentarily and turn around to see what's causing this commotion. In the distance you can see a cloud of dust, violently twisting, being prevented from settling by the violent motions within it. It's hard to see from this distance, but whatever it is, you can tell that parts of it are standing very high. You can see pieces of darkness and fire rising out of the dust cloud only to pound down a moment later, causing a fresh brown cloud of dust and dirt to rise into the air. You can hear the screams and shouts of the scouts as they scramble to get out of the way of its attacks and organize a defence.

The two of you take a moment to look at each other. Your eyes meet Alan's eyes. They are filled with DETERMINATION, the same determination you are feeling. You nod. He nods back. You can't just stand here, watching people get killed. It is time to act.

Several minutes later, you are standing next to Alan, holding a fan and letting it blow him while he pants pants and huffs, standing with his hands on his knees. You glance back towards where you came from, a motion you've executed several times during the short amount of time you've stopped for Alan to catch his breath. Once again, nothing can be seen, heard or smelt. Looks like you're safe, at least for now. How polite of the soldiers to distract the monster while you run away. Now let's hope it finds someone else to bother instead of following you.

Once Alan is up to it, you continue moving quickly trying to make your way to the edge of the hill and the others.

re-synchronize time
You close the secret door and leave the key as instructed, before getting comfortable and waiting for the others to hopefully catch up. You and the rest sit or lie down close to the nearby bushes, either watching the people in the town move about, looking at or talking to the rest of your group or just resting.

<Kinda sad, isn't it?> the voice in your head comments as you look at Theri. <A nice girl like her, being with someone like our grumpy 'pal'. I don't see that ending well.>

<I mean, she seems like a good person. And he's... you know... evil and stuff. I don't see what he wants with her. He says he wants to help her, but in my experience anyone he tries to 'help' tends to end up dead. Or worse.>
he adds cryptically.

<His 'help' tends to end in death and sorrow. Always failing. I mean look at what is going on right now. Look at how this mission is going. At his behaviour so far. He says he's doing this to help you, but to me it looks like he's just looking for excuses to get you killed. I don't know, maybe he really thinks he's helping, he really does think what he's doing is good instead of evil, in his twisted view of the world. But the bottom line is that she is not safe with him. I bet that if she saw that, she wouldn't trust him so blindly.> He pauses for a second and then adds <Heh.> as he considers the double meaning of his last sentence.

<You should be careful. You, unlike her, see that, right? I bet that he'll cause more problems soon. Maybe even attack her. Or you. Or all of you. When that happens, I hope you will do your best to defend yourself. Don't hold back. Don't drop your guard to try to reason with him. He's an evil, stupid, dogmatic beast. He doesn't see reason like we do.>

<And if you're worrying that you'll need him to get back once the mission is over... then don't. I'm not really supposed to say anything but... if he dies, if he really dies, if his soul is gone, then an alternate means of escaping this world will be given to you. It'll probably count as failing the mission, but you don't care about that, right? I mean, maybe it would be better, better then going on with whatever idiocy he has planned for you. So if he attacks you, then there's no reason to hold back, nothing to prevent you from defending yourself as best you can.>

<I don't know, I don't know what you think about this, about any of this, but... please at least consider it? I just want to make sure you stay alive and well and happy, that's all I've been trying to do since the beginning. So if there's anything you want, anything at all you->

<Wassuuuuuup?> Alan suddenly psychically screams. A quick look around you reveals he is currently standing on the hill, a few meters above you, holding his hands high and doing a strange gesture. Ike is close to him. Looks like they caught up with you. But it doesn't look like Nikolai and River are with them.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:44:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: March 17, 2016, 03:48:28 pm »

I'm going.

How about... Underwater parts, Geothermal vents
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: March 17, 2016, 03:50:14 pm »

I'm going, right?

Timing puzzles, hardlight, portals.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 521