Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124667 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5610 on: January 26, 2016, 09:32:25 am »

She noticed Irine's movements and decided to mimic her, putting away the commwire safely. She gave Alan a pat on the shoulder before he tried anything, and sat adjacent to Irine. She smiled at her, before sitting with her knees tucked up and looked at her feet.

"Hey. Thoughts there?"
I glance briefly at Theri, making eye contact, and then look back down at the ground, and close my eyes. I take two slow breaths, and then shift how I'm sitting, putting my lower legs under me, my knees touching each other in front of me, all three of tails behind me, free to move, and sitting upright, my eyes still shut. I take another slow breath, then two faster ones, getting myself breathing and my tails moving at the right tempo, and finally start to sing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Afterwards, I take another two slow breaths to steady myself before finally opening my eyes and moving back into my curled up posture from before.
"You asked."

((Source: Original, Most-popular-music-video-version, Full-length-vocal-version, English-version-I'm-using-the-Lyrics-from))
((Went with the english version because song grammar doesn't translate well and I need to know *exactly* what is being said.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: January 26, 2016, 12:57:21 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Stab the wizard, then! From behind if possible. Nobody expects that, and with good reason!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: January 26, 2016, 02:10:46 pm »

-song-
((Oh hey, it's Bad Apple. +1 from me.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: January 27, 2016, 12:35:44 am »

[Snip to later on!]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:45:25 am by Tiruin »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5614 on: January 27, 2016, 10:02:33 pm »

Team A?, WMD

Still charging.
You unleash a giant wave of darkness. It flies around the room for a few moments, obscuring sight and silencing everything. The wind blowing through the holes in the floor, the footsteps and cries of the people around you, all become quiet. After a few seconds, the darkness condenses, forming a small blobby wall around you. It starts expanding outwards.

Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
You start running towards your target, when suddenly inky black threads explode from the mass of flesh that was your teammate. Everything goes silent. Even the minds of those around you. You try to use telekinesis to attack them blindly, to clear the darkness, to do something, but nothing happens. Nothing noticeable, anyway. All you see is darkness, with an occasional blurry colour. You bump into something, flip around and land on another something. You blindly stab around in a frenzy, not knowing where they could be or what they could be preparing to do. And then next thing you know the darkness clears and you're lying on the floor with a bloody knife in your hand. The woman with the blindfold (the voice called her Eline) now has a deep hole in her left leg, close to the foot, a good chunk of flesh missing. And yet somehow she is still standing instead of lying screaming on the floor.

Campaign, Ike!

Stab the wizard, then! From behind if possible. Nobody expects that, and with good reason!
You start running.Gonna take a minute, since you rolled well and actually managed to get away from the soldiers.

Also, there's not much cover in this mostly flat landscape. You could use the elevation to hide if you remain low, even get lucky enough to slip between a few of them unnoticed if Nikolai keeps distracting them. But unleash you move slowly and go around them, there's not a very high chance you'll manage to slip through the soldiers and get to the wizard from behind. Since, you know, you'll be basically running towards them with little cover.

Do you get what I'm trying to say or should I do a map?

Look around and get my bearings. How many soldiers can I see, how close together, how far away?
Same guys as before with the big shields?
Who has the high ground?
Who the hell just hit me from behind?

Give one final blast of concentrated psychic pain, then shrink down the commwire and switch to a new tactic. Lunge at the scout in front of me and stab him in the stomach then tsar the sword.

If, for example, he dodges backwards and tsaring the sword would turn a miss into a hit then do that.

Keep my shield up and defensive. Contrary to what some videogames show, you don't have to lower your shield to attack.

The ones close to you are scouts. About 10-40 seconds away. Then there are the soldiers a bit more than a minute or two away. Not the ones with the big shields, at least not the same guys. The ones here aren't very shiny and their equipment looks a bit old, but they appear to be just as armoured. They're spread out, although they're starting to form up again, merely by virtue of converging towards you.

There's little high ground here. There are variations in elevation that put you on slightly higher ground compared to those closest to you, but not by much.

You don't know what hit you. Literally. When you said you had eyes on the back of your head, you meant that figuratively. You literally have no idea what's going on, beyond the fact that that thing on your back keeps growing, pushing against your bag of figurative crap and your armour. It's starting to get so cold it literally feels like it's burning you. And those sounds coming from your armour aren't encouraging.

You switch tactics, stopping your mental assault to prepare, recover and allow the scout to get up and get closer to you. Once one of them gets in range, you blast him with a psychic scream, let your wire deflate and then swing around with your sword. The scout stumbles from the blast, letting him open to attack long enough for you to give him a good whack on the arm. His leather armour stops part of the strike, diminishing its effectiveness, but it is still a significant injury. And then you enlarge the sword, causing it to widen and partially split the arm off in an unnatural angle, leaving its lower half clinging to the upper by a mass of flesh and muscle.

The scout desperately strikes back at you with his sword. You block the strike with your shield, but the sword goes part way through it, leaving a large dent in it. You shield bash him in return, trying to ignore the pain in your leg as you try to push forward. You manage to overpower him, pushing him to the ground. The scout struggles and tries to push himself up, but he appears to be in too much pain to do so right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: January 28, 2016, 03:22:41 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Lament poor Nikolai's choice to hide in an open field of all places. Proceed carefully and slowly toward wizardfriend, sneak as well as I possibly can.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: January 28, 2016, 08:42:35 am »

Leave him. He'll hopefully keep some of the others occupied.

Create some distance, then turn around and see just what the hell did that to my back? Defend myself if anything attacks or comes close, otherwise try to scrape whatever it is off. Maybe detach the backplate, just the top layer, or the whole backplate if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:14:20 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: January 28, 2016, 08:58:26 am »

Team A
"Yup, stuff's going weird again."
[/b]
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: January 28, 2016, 01:04:31 pm »

Team A?, WMD

Still charging.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5619 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:36 am »

Team A
"Yup, stuff's going weird again."
[/b]
Eline stumbles and blindly tries to push the man away, but her attempts are in vain. You tackle her and the man behind her. The three of you land on the floor in a heap of struggling bodies. She goes for your neck but you easily manage to grab her hands, push them out of the way and overpower her. The man in the wheelchair continues to not be moving.

((You would had attacked, but she managed to get in the way/attack first both times, so I had you focus on defending/countering.
Do you want to attack even if it means leaving yourself open to attack? Because I can do that, if that's what you want.))

Team A?, WMD

Still charging.
IMAH FIRING nothing yet because IMAH CHARGING MAH WMD.

Campaign, Ike!

Lament poor Nikolai's choice to hide in an open field of all places. Proceed carefully and slowly toward wizardfriend, sneak as well as I possibly can.
Well, that's not really his choice though. It's not like there are many other places he could hide around here. Although he probably could had chosen to go towards the west instead of mostly towards the soldiers.

Anyway, slow sneaking it is.

Leave him. He'll hopefully keep some of the others occupied.

Create some distance, then turn around and see just what the hell did that to my back? Defend myself if anything attacks or comes close, otherwise try to scrape whatever it is off. Maybe detach the backplate, just the top layer, or the whole backplate if necessary.

You let the guy bleed, hoping he'll buy you a few seconds. Your plan works, at least in part, for one of the scouts stops to help the injured one. But the rest continue on.

You have no idea. Maybe one of those guys in the group of soldiers furthest from you, closer to the center? But you can't really tell. It could have been anyone or anything, since you didn't see it happen. For all you know it could be caused by a creature that jumped off the ground and on you.

You can't even turn around to see what's on your back. I mean, do this experiment for me. Take some office tape and a small piece of paper or something similar and stick it on your back. Now try to turn your head around to look at it. I bet you can't see it. Maybe you can see a bit of blurry white if it's big enough or you're flexible enough.

Anyway, you can't run quickly enough to do anything more than maintain the same distance between you and them. You try to do something about the thing on your armour regardless, because it's getting really bad. You start trying to scrape whatever it is off using your sword. It's a bit hard it takes some strength to break chunks of it off. It looks like you armor has iced over back there (at least that's your guess based on the chunks of ice you're removing). Removing the ice helps you feel better, less cold.

You notice that some of the chunks you are pulling out are really bloody. You don't know if the attack hurt you or if you accidentally damaged your armour with your sword. Your back is so cold and numb and burning right now you couldn't tell the difference if you had stabbed yourself.

Another scout catches up to you but he maintains his distance, not getting closer.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: January 29, 2016, 04:28:22 am »

entertain the children with silly antics and ridiculous objects like a beer bottle stuffed animal thingy or some potatoes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: January 29, 2016, 04:56:08 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Continue creeping, commence killing when close.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: January 29, 2016, 09:45:07 am »

[...]
((I am awed and :D to be Irine's friendbuddyfriend! ...I'll be posting later due to fatigue and catching up, and writing PMs!

I do not know that song anyway--so it's totally new to me no matter what. Even thought of a more classical/slower tune than the upbeat lyrics posted there.))

((Don't worry. I've also not been making as many turns as I'd like. I wish you the best.))
((I'm very grateful and thankful for this. Thank you :) ))

"That was a creative answer." Theri watched Irine until she finished. Her thoughts dwelled on the meaning in between the lines of her pensive song. It felt like an hour before she looked at the General's wife for her reaction.

"And if it wasn't obvious, I think it's beautiful. Your voice is very nice."

Hug Irine; quickly assess the rest around me.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: January 29, 2016, 09:56:25 am »

Team A
Keep up the assault on the wheelchair dude
((Defending is fine, and fits more with my character than an all out assault without a care for personal safety))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: January 29, 2016, 11:50:15 am »

((note: The upbeat style is intentional. The dichotomy between the style and lyrics signals how the speaker is maintaing a false front of positivity, one that is getting worn down over time.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 521