Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1126466 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #4065 on: June 16, 2015, 05:14:17 pm »

((It's hillarious))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: June 16, 2015, 06:29:38 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: June 16, 2015, 06:58:42 pm »

"You dare!?!"

Spoiler: Fiery Fist o Pain: (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4068 on: June 16, 2015, 08:11:27 pm »

Final Round

"You remind me of toothpaste."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I saw that edit. No rubbing for you then.))
This time, there was no effort with banter.  There was a job to be done.

Spoiler: John Action (click to show/hide)
((Same))
Ron lets loose a cry and charges at John, pushing rubble aside and causing the entire floor to rumble with each step, making it look more like a rhino is charging than an actual human. Although one could be forgiven for mistaking that walking mountain of muscle for one.

Yet John remains oddly calm. He simply raises his hand palm up and lets a small sphere appear above it almost instantaneously. As it finishes assembling, he points at Ron and the sphere is flung towards him.

It takes less than an eyeblink for it to cross the distance. Ron is caught by surprise. The sphere hits him right in his open mouth and gets rammed down his throat. Ron stumbles and gags. The electric shock that comes a second later brings him to his knees, his entire body trembling, much like the floor does when he lands face first on it and tumbles for a metre or two. Cracks can be seen on the parts of it not covered by a carpet. When the shock ends, Ron is left lying there, smoking slightly and still spasming from time to time.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)

((Changing my action a little.))
Quote from: Action is different
Saevus, Final Round

"Foolish. This weapon of thine shan't save thou."

New action: Shoot him while backpedaling rapidly. If he gets too close, jump off the bridge and turn into a fast moving ship, or if I can, a coelcanth.
The runes on Saevus' body flare up, light escaping from then and forming into an axe as he charges towards Rune, as fast as the giant suit of armour can.
Rune points his fingers at Saevus and starts back-pedalling, making pew-pew noises as he goes.
Saevus, familiar with the tricks of sorcerers (and this newly encountered inventions), instinctively raises his golden arm to defend himself from whatever treacherous incantation Rune is reciting, the runes on it lighting up. But he stops when he realises nothing is hitting him.

That distraction costs him, as despite his best efforts, he can't keep up with Rune. The distance between them increases by about a dozen metres.

OOC
((It's hillarious))
Cool.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:59:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: June 16, 2015, 08:29:21 pm »

"No teamkilling today. Hey Ike! Could you help out here?"

Drag Alan and Zech to River. Ike can help.
Don't forget to get some spare cloth from the house.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: June 16, 2015, 08:44:43 pm »

"Consider yourself fingerbanged!!... ewww..."
Act like I have a grenade, pull the pin, and throw. While this distracts him, throw miscellaneous items of my clothing at him, then rapidly morph into something akin to a velociraptor, high speed and sharp claws but light and unadorned. Continue moving back.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: June 16, 2015, 09:01:55 pm »

"Thy sorcery is useless!"

Discard the axe and summon a crossbow. Shoot Rune repeatedly while advancing.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:03:50 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: June 16, 2015, 10:06:50 pm »

"That was shockingly effective."

Spoiler: John Action (click to show/hide)

EDIT:  Slight change.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 08:41:17 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: June 16, 2015, 11:52:39 pm »

"Fri'zzz'i fragart tagget!"
Spoiler: Ron Shocked Angry (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: June 17, 2015, 02:27:59 pm »

See if I can predict next movement of the fighting duo based on their previous actions.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4075 on: June 17, 2015, 06:22:02 pm »

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

<Hey, we -oh shit I'm going to die- didn't hunt any -wheeze- of them. She -holy crap my heart is pumping battery acid- pissed them off, and then I -wheeze- had to kill a bunch. It was a terrible shame, really,> Ike thinks at River halfway chaotically, not sure if he can be heard. <Got some -oh god this is terrible- swords out of it, so not a total loss, right?>

Go grab Alan. Maybe ask River where Alan is if I can't tell. Try not to die of exhaustion.
You tell your side of the story as you slowly go grab Alan, somehow managing to sound out of breath in a telepathic connection.
<R-River? I... I messed up. I think... I wanted to make new friends, but they only like liars. only liars. I... I lost my arms River. No arms for me. I can't even walk now. I... Ike's a hero. Ike saved me. Ike knew to lie. He fought 4 of them at once to save me. They wanted to make me a statue River. I tried to talk and they lied and attacked me and I don't know why. Why can't I have friends River? I wanted to make friends... Friends... Is Zech ok River? And Theri? Is everyone else okay? I'm scared River. I don't want to die. I...>
Deliriously ramble at River in bits and pieces. Stay thinking. Stay alive.
<Humans cannot be trusted. Always try to use and hurt.> River states after he has heard your stories.
<You should had killed them all. It is what humans deserve.>

After a few attempts, River manages to grab Irine by the back of her neck with his mouth and take her with him has he slowly limps away.

Goddammit dog, you're supposed to help me hunt them. I'll show you!

Eat all the dog treats I brought along for the dog, then swagger away. Leave the dumbass to defend himself from the ducks, see how he likes it.

Non-Alanified Action: Try waking up fully.

You sort of wake up, but you're not in the best of states. You can't see or stand up or... anything really. Should you attempt to speak, your speech will come out slurred and hard to understand. Even telepathic communication would be hard. Your head is not right even less right than it was before. Gonna need some help or some rest.
"No teamkilling today. Hey Ike! Could you help out here?"

Drag Alan and Zech to River. Ike can help.
Don't forget to get some spare cloth from the house.

While you wait for Ike to get to you, you look around for any easily obtainable pieces of cloth.
Unfortunately, you can't find any intact large pieces of cloth. You find a curtain but its been torn apart so badly it's got more holes than fabric in it. Maybe you could still use it as a rope if you twisted it around or something like that?

With a great deal of effort, you and Ike manage achieve the herculean task of lifting Alan and start dragging him away. You do most of the heavy lifting, with Ike helping more with the balance and navigation.
You'd think the fact that Alan has woken up would help, but it turns out he's in no condition to do anything right now.
Really, the entire team is kinda decimated. Except you, who is only tired and hungry instead of extremely tired and hungry. Everyone else would probably lose in a fight with a baby wielding a particularly blunt butter knife.

We'll assume you wake Zech up and get him to follow you while half-asleep, unless DAF appears and says otherwise.

As you do this, River continues speaking to all of you. He pauses frequently as he speaks, making his small speech sound much longer.

<I made a promise to the ones that chose you. I would try to return you safe. But my help has made you weaker. As long as you have no strength of your own, as long as you cannot help yourselves and each other, expect no help from me.>

You walk for a very short amount of time until you reach a crack in the earth. It looks surprisingly deep in the darkness. You slowly start descending a collapsed side that forms a small ramp.

<Do whatever you want. Help me. Prepare. Do not get in my way. Or I will kill you. Tomorrow night I leave. I wait for no one.>

The freshly cut and jagged rocks are hard to walk on, but thankfully you do not have to walk for long. It turns out the crack is not as deep as it seemed.

River enters part of some sort of tunnel or pipe that was exposed when the earth cracked here. Looking inside the tunnel you can see that it has collapsed as the supports that were holding it failed, yet a ring of stone blocks close to exposed part remain standing, creating something like a small cave, a good temporary hiding spot. A small wall of rubble close to its entrance adds to the concealment, although someone passing by and causally looking in could still easily spot the ones inside.

River sets Irine down at the end of the tunnel and lies down next to her. You deposit Alan close to him, careful not to crush the others under his weight.

<Leave. Need to be alone.>
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:14:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: June 17, 2015, 06:51:34 pm »

"I'll take first watch. Everyone else get some sleep. You heard River, we leave tomorrow and wait for no one."

Replace my nailboard with one of Ike's swords.
Get some better slinging rocks. You mentioned the ground being covered in them.

Stay awake and guard the group. Someone has to, unless we want to get our throats slit in the night.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:04:46 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: June 17, 2015, 08:31:24 pm »

Spoiler: It's clobbering time (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: June 17, 2015, 09:06:36 pm »

((Oh jeez. I'm back.))

Campaign

Zechariah didn't really understand what went down. He had been so tired from transferring so much energy to help River that he pretty much knocked himself out until now. Now, River is chastising them for what they did.

He wanted to say something. He really did. At the end of River's speech, he opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it. Now was not the time to argue, especially since Zechariah hadn't had such a good track record himself. This only put more weight on his shoulders.

But he didn't want to prove River right, either.

Walk over to Nikolai and help him watch for guard as best as I can. Try to make myself feel better by talking.

"Hey, Nikolai," Zechariah says as he walks slowly over to where Nikolai is. "Do you... do you know what happened? I was.. kinda knocked out."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: June 17, 2015, 10:59:41 pm »

Thdogg sucsh ashh witttth tttthinkhing

Sleepily insult River for no discernible reason. Then slip into a coma-like state to recover my strength, complete with thunderous snoring.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 521