Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1128459 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: First Blood!
« Reply #3675 on: March 12, 2015, 05:21:45 pm »

((applications still up 'n running?))
thincake

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Let's get ready to rumble!
« Reply #3676 on: March 12, 2015, 05:55:42 pm »

((applications still up 'n running?))
Always good to have new players.
There's no waitlist, you can just hop in when I have approved your character.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Double Kill
« Reply #3677 on: March 14, 2015, 11:22:49 pm »

Hawk132 VS Alarith

Bryan Tournament
"Hrgh...Not Over...Quite Yet. One Chance"
((One opportunity))
Saevus, Tournament

"It appears that the victor is decided."

Spoiler: TAKE THAT! (click to show/hide)
Bryan struggles, trying to free himself from Saevus' grip, grunting both because of the effort and of the pain caused by his broken body. He almost manages to pry Saevus' fingers open and get him to release his chest, but before he can do so, Saevus has dropped his sword and reinforced his grip with his other hand, the impact causing Bryan more pain.

Saevus lifts his golden arm and brings it close to Bryan's face, getting ready to let loose another blast. Bryan tries as hard as he can to get free, kicking Saevus while at the same time trying to push his arm away from his face. He succeeds, but it is a pyrrhic victory. The telekinetic blast flies forth from Saevus' golden arm with incredible force, breaking Bryan's hands and making them bend at an unnatural angle, the broken bone stabbing through his flesh. At this point, they might as well not be there.

Not that Bryan can worry that much about it, having been rendered unconscious from the pain. Saevus throws Bryan on the ground and stomps on Bryan's head, again and again until it is turned into a mix of broken bone and pulped brain.

The armoured warrior picks up his sword from the ground, cleans it and turns around to walk away, another enemy defeated.

<An admirable performance, honourable warriors. Hone your skills and make your next battle even more impressive and glorious.>

<Player 10 defeated. Player 10 will participate in the second chance round.
Player 1 is victorious. Player 1 advances to Round 2.>

Bryan finds himself in the same square as Welroki, fully healed. Saevus is transported to the top of a pillar similar to the one John is on.

((Bryan had good odds, but unfortunately, luck was not on his side. I was really hoping he could turn it around and succeed in his last ditch attempt. Too bad he's not as good at melee as Saevus.))

Coolrune206 VS Salsacookies

BITE this person, and then clamp my jaws down. Try to get my jaws positioned at the waist. See if I can bisect them with this bite. If things start going unfavorably, quickly use biomass to cover my carapace with spikes to stop any unarmed melee blows.
You have not really done anything to enhance your bite. You're a big fish, but you're still a fish. I don't think fish can bisect people unless they're sharks or something similar.
Rip that thing on me in half
Rune bites on Ron as hard as he can, wiggling his body while trying to rip a chunk of Ron's flesh from the rest of his body, but he simply can't muster enough strength to cause more damage than a few minor cuts.
Meanwhile, Ron attempts to grab Rune and rip him apart. For a moment, it appears he is successful. But a second later he realises that to his embarrassment he has actually caught one of his hands with the other and is currently trying to rip them apart.
<Stop hitting yourself. Why are you hitting yourself?>
<Brrr. I don't like that game.>

Campaign

((I did mean just plain exhalation, which doesn't ventilate quite as much. Though now it occurs to me that it'd be more effective just to take the food in my hands.))

Campaign, Ike!

Eat up quick. Check how much less hungry I am. Might still need a corpse to hit that spot.

Don't look at anyone cannibalistically, though. Just as a side note.

You eat/drink the rest of the food, draining every last drop of liquid from the bowl into your mouth  and licking it slightly so that you can get even the smallest breadcrumb.

You're feeling... OK. Not quite full but not hungry either. And definitely not thirsty. Not so sure about the nutritional value of this food, but you probably don't need to worry about that yet.
"I'm from another dimension, another world, and I and my companions are here to hunt down a murderer. I need to know that kind of thing because we don't know enough about the world we're currently in. The being we're hunting is a dimension-hopping shapechanger, a powerful one, that is capable of slowly bending reality itself around it to a limited extent. We know that it isn't nearby, and know the general direction it fled in, but we've stopped here for a while because several of our people got hurt. They're healing ok, and just need time, so we split up to each do as we wish while we wait."

"As for where I'm from? Well, as a group, we're a group of experts that were gathered together to handle dangerous tasks by a group of absurdly powerful beings actually related in kind to the creature we're hunting. Each of my companions is actually highly capable at what they do, and we all hail from different worlds or dimensions. So when you ask where we're from, depending on who you ask, you're going to get a different answer every time. I'm... well, my answer depends on if you ask what my home is like, or what it used to be, because the fabric of my home dimension itself fell apart around us, and as far as I'm aware, I'm the only survivor. If you or I ever tried to go to my home, if we're lucky it would fail, if we succeeded we'd die instantly. What it used to be though..."

I sigh and pull my legs up against me in the chair and hold them, staring up at the ceiling.

"It used to be beautiful world, handcrafted by a group of 10 gods, each with a planet or moon of their own to create what they saw fit on, and they each created a different kind of place of wonder, each amazing in their own right. The moon I was born on was a hollow cave world, full of magma and moss. A land without day or night, steadilly lit by the bioluminecent glow of the plants on the walls. A land with giant slugs and spiders, with foxes and centipedes, with humans and ferns and hot springs and amazing tunnels and caves all through it, all hidden on the inside. It was mine, and I loved it. It was literally a part of me, and I knew every plant and creature, every rock and stone. I still feel the void where they used to be, the phantom pains from all the limbs that aren't there anymore. I was free there. Free to play, to simply be a kid when I wanted to be, to be in whichever form and wanted and nobody cared. People trusted me, and I could just wander around and just BE. It was... It was so wonderful... so very very wonderful. so... so..."

I shake my head back and forth, reminding myself of where I am, and after looking back at Kassiver and realizing my posture, I lower my legs and set my hands back in my lap where they belong.

"But um, um, a-uh, W-what about you? and here? and stuff? Could I get a quick geography lesson? And maybe teach me some of how your world's magic works? It keeps trying to link with me and mess with my flames. I think it's because I'm kinda fire at the core, and that makes me suck up fire magic or something? I don't really understand it all that well, but I think I might be able to augment my natural abilities with your fire magic if you were willing to teach me. Magic here is really different from back home."
He spends several seconds looking at you, thoughtful.
"What you say is... hard to believe."
He leans back. More seconds of silence follow, broken only by Ike greedily slurping the contents of his bowl.
"Spirits have been known to trick people for fun... but if this is no trick, then the implications... If there are more worlds out there, worlds like the one you described... And people can travel through them so simply..."
He looks at Ike for a few seconds and then back at you before sighing.
"I can give you some general directions, but your questions about magic... There are things I cannot divulge freely. Both because that information could cause harm to come to my nation and because many are secrets of my Tower, secrets we go to great lengths to protect."
He starts stroking his beard again and looks at something above you.
"However, your presence here does present me with an opportunity. An opportunity to gather knowledge that may never again be available, knowledge that can benefit all humans... Things may be bad right now, but in the future, any information I gather now... It could be the basis of a new field. My contributions could be remembered forever."
He looks at you again.
"If you are willing to answer my questions, allow me to take notes and cast some spells on you -minor divinations, nothing to worry about- then you I will answer your questions in turn."

"Answers for answers." he concludes, putting his hands on the table.
"Does this deal sound fair to you?"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:26:41 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Double kill
« Reply #3678 on: March 15, 2015, 05:07:21 am »

"The tower here already knew this. They made a stable portal between worlds, but were unable to handle what was on the other side. After their expeditionary group was consumed by parasites, both body and mind, the creatures came flowing back through the portal into this city. When the portal was forcibly destroyed, something destabilized the power source it was using. The explosion of that power source is what destroyed this city."

"I had to kill a large number of those parasites to get to this world. I hope the explosion killed all the ones on this side."

"I've been giving you answers this entire time, I don't intend to stop. As for your spells, I need you to explain them and get my permission before using them on me. And if I say no, I mean no, ok?"

"Um, you said you're ok with me wandering around and stuff. Is it ok if I don't look human too? I came here human to prove that I could have snuck in here if I wanted too, but I don't really want to hide what I am all the time. I want people to accept me as I am."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: March 15, 2015, 05:20:30 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Can humans grasp true form of wise, noble, powah-full massah?" Ike asks quietly, half to himself, with the wonder in his voice clearly perceptible.

Examine the bowl, from all sides. Avert eyes from impending massah transformation. Value my sanity.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: March 15, 2015, 05:57:11 am »

Lenglon, Spectator:
"I'm not sure what Ike's plan is. I mean, he might just be waiting for an opportunity to make an excuse before going off scouting on his own and/or acomplishing whatever his objectives are. Or he might just be messing with Irine. Or maybe he's playing dumb as an investment in being underestimated for later. Still, whatever it is, he's doing a good job so far of staying like that. And Irine is avoiding saying anything about anyone but herself, so I suppose it'll work. Depends on how suspicious the guy ends up being of Ike. If he starts asking her directly about him she's going to have to get a lot more blatant in her evasions, and that might blow his cover. She already messed up by implying he's an expert at something, but who knows. Might be able to get away with it anyway."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: March 15, 2015, 06:21:16 am »

Harry Baldman, Commentator:

"Well, Lenglon, Ike's had a decent season thus far, with the unexpected possession turnaround and being the first to get resurrected, so it's not out of the question that the man's got some form of plan in motion to try and win at this particular challenge as dramatically as possible. Personal interviews with Ike have revealed that he has recently considered showing greater interest in elaborate plans and contingencies, but that's a statement of interest, so the jury's still out on whether he's playing at something at all, and what exactly he's playing at if he is. Note, however, that Ike is currently doing something unusual for his general behavioral pattern. Can you spot what that is, and the points where he struggles against not slipping into the regular mode of operation?"

"And also, it's not unusual to have a slave who's an expert at something. That is, if Master Kassiver assumes that Irine even included Ike in the category of 'companions' rather than 'self-propelled items' - it's a risky play depending on local customs and assumptions, but it might all come together in the end."

((Best not to get carried away with OOC RP, though, and keep it within double parentheses. I just couldn't resist in this one instance.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: March 15, 2015, 06:40:34 am »

((Lenglon, Spectator:
"Well, I suppose so. Do you mean the whole eat people thing? Or is it something else? I mean, I wouldn't assume eating people is his normal mode, but still..."))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: March 15, 2015, 06:50:57 am »

((Lenglon, Spectator:
"Well, I suppose so. Do you mean the whole eat people thing? Or is it something else? I mean, I wouldn't assume eating people is his normal mode, but still..."))

((No, something else. Eating people is just his general lack of morals and ethics, what with being from the woods. It's related to communication, and it's not the possibly mildly racist accent, either.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: March 15, 2015, 06:58:27 am »

((snarky comments / lack therof?))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: March 15, 2015, 07:01:50 am »

Stop my attempt to rip my hands, and wallop on the thing biting on me
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: March 15, 2015, 07:06:05 am »

((snarky comments / lack therof?))

((Very close, but a little deeper than that. He's playing to his strengths at last, so to speak.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:17 am »

Wait, I'm currently biting him? Quickly dump any unused biomass into venom sacs, and inject him with venom through my teeth. Preferrably some sort of venom which disables the prey, allowing the predator to finish them off.

I'm a mix of Armadillo and Fish. Why not add some Scorpion and Spider to the mix?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3688 on: March 15, 2015, 01:30:02 pm »

Coolrune206 VS Salsacookies

Stop my attempt to rip my hands, and wallop on the thing biting on me
Wait, I'm currently biting him? Quickly dump any unused biomass into venom sacs, and inject him with venom through my teeth. Preferrably some sort of venom which disables the prey, allowing the predator to finish them off.

I'm a mix of Armadillo and Fish. Why not add some Scorpion and Spider to the mix?
Ron hits Rune, but he can't land a hit solid enough to get through his armour, managing to only push him back instead.

Rune charges again, this time sporting two oversized fangs on his upper jaw, so large that they remind one of the tusks of a walrus.

Rune and Ron struggle for a bit, Ron trying to keep Rune away from him. Rune manages to get one of his oversized fangs into Ron's leg, injecting a bit of venom in the process, before being pushed away.

Ron's leg trembles and goes numb, a small section of it (the veins, especially) becoming much darker and unhealthy-looking. Beyond that, however, it doesn't look like he has suffered a lot of damage and he retains the use of his leg.

Staging Area

<character>
Welroki and Bryan rest inside a cyan square in a plane of infinite darkness. The only things visible is the collection of glowing cyan pillars nearby, one of them much higher and brighter than the rest. As they wait, another man appears with a small pop. He appears to be a slightly overweight young adult, with unkempt hair and a goatee. He wears a pair of round wireframe glasses.

Campaign

"The tower here already knew this. They made a stable portal between worlds, but were unable to handle what was on the other side. After their expeditionary group was consumed by parasites, both body and mind, the creatures came flowing back through the portal into this city. When the portal was forcibly destroyed, something destabilized the power source it was using. The explosion of that power source is what destroyed this city."

"I had to kill a large number of those parasites to get to this world. I hope the explosion killed all the ones on this side."

"I've been giving you answers this entire time, I don't intend to stop. As for your spells, I need you to explain them and get my permission before using them on me. And if I say no, I mean no, ok?"

"Um, you said you're ok with me wandering around and stuff. Is it ok if I don't look human too? I came here human to prove that I could have snuck in here if I wanted too, but I don't really want to hide what I am all the time. I want people to accept me as I am."
When you are done, the old man stares at you thoughtfully for a few seconds and is about to say something when Ike cuts him off.
Campaign, Ike!

"Can humans grasp true form of wise, noble, powah-full massah?" Ike asks quietly, half to himself, with the wonder in his voice clearly perceptible.

Examine the bowl, from all sides. Avert eyes from impending massah transformation. Value my sanity.
The old man looks at Ike for a few seconds as if he is about to say something, but he does not. Instead he addresses Irine as he gets up and starts searching a nearby pile of supplies.

"Excellent. Those terms are fine with me. About not looking human however..."
He looks away from the pile he's going through to look at you.
"Most humans do not feel comfortable around non-humans like you and your... friend here." he says, pointing at Ike with his eyes.
He turns around and continues searching through the pile.
"Doing so might lead to trouble. I would prefer it if there was no trouble. I will not stop you if you want to appear non-human, but if anybody else sees you, it might force me to... take action."
He sounds a bit threatening, although you are not sure if he is doing it intentionally.
"Not to mention what the others would say if-"
The man grunts as he moves a heavy box aside, displaying considerable strength for a man of his age. He takes a couple of seconds of heavy breathing to catch his breath.
"if they knew I helped you. People always search for someone to blame in these sorts of situations. There's already been two attempts on my life. I do not need a third one. So I sincerely ask you to not- Ha!"
The man turns around and approaches the table, holding what looks like a miniature chisel made of grey stone, its tip having a slightly more red hue.
"I knew I had one of those around here somewhere." he adds as he sets the tool so that the tip touches the stone at the bottom of the lantern. That done, he goes and grabs a wooden board from a nearby pile.
"As I was saying, I do not want a non-human in the form of a talking animal to be seen around here. So I ask that you do not do that."
He sits down again. After a few seconds of quiet, he adds.
"Well? What would you like me to teach you first? Basic geography? Or the basics of the Elements?
Or you could let me cast some basic divinations to verify a few things about you, see if my theories are correct. That would allow me to answer any questions you have about your condition with more certainty."

OOC
Previous poll results:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 15, 2015, 01:37:51 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Appreciate the bowl. Smell it. What is it made of? Does it shine? Are there any remnants of food on it? Try to get at them if there are. Test out different bowl positions in my hands or on a nearby surface to find the most aesthetically pleasing one.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 521