Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127386 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3330 on: January 29, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »

((I like how this catastrophe is turning into a great adventure. Wonderful work there. :D))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3331 on: January 29, 2015, 11:51:45 pm »

Survival

Bryan Survival
PM time
((Yeah things went south right at mission start didn't they, seeing as we couldn't help that one guy and get better instructions. Maybe the next survival mission could have a bit more time before people are thrown into action mode.))
Survival

"Idiot!" gasped out John.

React to the events.
Survival

"Cease thy struggling and perish!"

Do stuff!
Bryan attempts to use his telekinesis to keep Saevus from hitting him, but he is not strong enough. He attempts to get out of the way but he is not fast enough. The runes on Saevus' golden arm flare and next thing he knows Bryan is sent flying.

The blast propels him out the front window and on the car's hood. The pain is immense. Feels like something broke in his chest. He's having trouble focusing.
Bryan can feel the heat of the engine starting to burn his skin. At his state of near unconsciousness, it is hard to hold on to the blood-slick surface. The vibrations generated by the car's "rammer" remind him that another inch backwards and his brain will be in more pieces than it is supposed to.

John throws the explosive ammo leftover from his gun out the side window. He can see flashes of light from the explosions, he can feel the blast-waves reaching the car. But the headlights do not disappear from above him. Looks like it dodged out of the way. At least in its effort to dodge, it denied the men on it the opportunity to fire at them.
A very thick device begins assembling around John's chest.

The car's course remains surprisingly steady considering what is going on.

(Apologies for no writing. Procrastination hit me hard.)

Survival

Go down the alley, and see if there's a car.
You continue running down the alley. It's a thin street running between some sort of shops or similar buildings, filled with tin trash-cans and thick metal garbage bins overflowing with trash, barely large enough to fit a car. It was probably used to load and unload goods once upon a time. Still is judging by the boxes that make up most of the trash, but probably not the same kind of goods.

Unfortunately, it appears continuing on this course might have been a mistake. You can see another group of armed men in the intersection in front of you, similar in composition to the one you attacked earlier. Luckily it doesn't look like they have noticed-
"He's over there! Get him!" comes a shout from behind you.
Scratch that, now they all know you're here. Looks like you're about to be surrounded.

Campaign

<And the orbs we want to help revive Zech are denser when we get closer to the volcano too, right? Could we go there, hunt orbs, and drain me when we're done hunting?

oh, um, and do you know where some water is? I'm getting kinda thirsty.>

<And the orbs we want to help revive Zech are denser when we get closer to the volcano too, right?>
"Yes."
<Could we go there, hunt orbs, and drain me when we're done hunting?>
"If you are willing to do that, it would help. I will have twice the power. But once I start, I can not stop. And if someone else stops me... it will be bad. You will need to stay with me until the end. If you are still willing to do this when the time comes, I will be happy to accept your help."
<oh, um, and do you know where some water is? I'm getting kinda thirsty.>
"Oh! Yes! Water! I will show you!"
You start walking until you reach a nearby street that is mostly intact, the buildings either sturdy enough or lucky enough to remain standing.
Once there you go inside a building. It is composed of a single large empty area. It was once lit by stained glass windows that are now shattered, scattered among the floor and covered with ashes. It is a bit different from the rest of the buildings you've seen, since its architecture contains some curves instead of being all angles, with circular columns, windows and arches being the most obvious examples.
From there you go down a stairway and into what feels like a much smaller room. This isn't the end of the stairway though, it looks like it goes down further. You can hear the sound of water dripping into a puddle.
As your eyes begin to adjust to the low lighting, you realise that there is a reservoir here, with water dripping in it from a hole in the wall. It is an oblong stone basin set against the wall, although from your current vantage point you can not see inside it, since its top stands much higher than you. There are also a few implements for handling water around, including buckets and clay pots.
"The machines are not working. Tunnels have shifted. The water stopped coming. I think it will be dry soon."
River reaches for a bucket, fills it with water from the reservoir and then sets it down close to you.

Campaign, Ike!

<If I tell you where Zechariah's soulsphere is, could you bring it here? Carefully?>

<Not a problem, I'd surmise. Unless you stashed it inside a monster or something, in which case it'd probably take some doing to get it over here. Also, you mind reviving Alan after you're done with that Zeke guy? I could go for some lemonade.>

If River tells me where Zechariah's soulsphere is, I should bring it here. Carefully.

If not, well, check what that thing moving about is more closely.

Check if my nose works better as well.

Nose is also better.

River sends you the memory so you set off for your temporary dwelling, where the object lies.

You keep watch of what is going on in the camp as you move. From what you can see, whatever is moving in the camp looks human or at least humanoid. It starts following the road towards the east, towards the group of humanoids approaching. It's easy to keep track of it in the mostly barren terrain, only loosing track of it whenever a building or pile of rubble gets in the way. After a while the two of them meet with each other and stop for quite some time.

Looks like River has hidden the soulsphere under a very large rock block, based on the image he sent you. It takes quite a bit of effort to move it out of the way. After that you have to remove some smaller rocks (including a black one that makes your skin tingle) to reveal three soulspheres, glass-like balls a bit larger than can fit in one hand comfortably, each with cracked surfaces, each glowing with their own effect. One is a number of constantly shifting purple filaments extending from a tiny ecru core that could remind one of a plasma globe. The other contains a spherical teal grid that shifts and distorts as worm-like purple threads move within it, pushing it as they get in and out of the ball, obscuring it under their innumerable bodies. The third looks rather simple in comparison, just two bright points of cyan light orbiting the centre of the sphere.

The images says the cyan is the one you want. As you pick it up, the points of light inside react. Their orbital plane aligns with your hands and their orbital radius and velocity increases. You put the rocks back the way you found them and start making your way back to the others.

OOC
((Nikolai could help revive people. He could directly pour energy into a soul orb for River to use. Wonder what would happen on an overshoot?))
Consider what your power does. Then consider that a soulsphere is a collection of everything a person is, all the information needed to rebuild their body, a place for their mind and soul to reside in while they lack a body. So essentially you're taking a box containing a bunch of blueprints needed to build a terminator and the terminator's brain and you're using your power on them. The results would definitely be interesting.

((I like how this catastrophe is turning into a great adventure. Wonderful work there. :D))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:06:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: January 29, 2015, 11:57:57 pm »

((Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder which one is which in that case?
I think the gridlike one is Nikolai or Alan, and the other is ... I dunno.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: January 30, 2015, 12:38:51 am »

I drink my fill, then turn to look up at River. <Ready. Lets go catch us some floaties!>
and go hunting.

<Any ideas how to catch them better?>
follow his instructions.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: January 30, 2015, 12:59:11 am »

The results would definitely be interesting.
((Yes, making Alan bigger, louder, and less practical would be...
DO IT))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: January 30, 2015, 03:02:22 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Return uneventfully (carefully!) and perform handoff of soulsphere if required. Keep an eye out for that encampment, watch for signs of evisceration while I was gone. Get a drink of water for my efforts if possible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3336 on: January 30, 2015, 07:03:59 am »

Campaign

I drink my fill, then turn to look up at River. <Ready. Lets go catch us some floaties!>
and go hunting.

<Any ideas how to catch them better?>
follow his instructions.
As you drink, River drinks from the reservoir itself. He picks up the bucket once you are done, refills it and takes it with him.
You start going up the stairs when you sense that someone else is here. You can smell them in the air and hear them as they walk and talk quietly.
"Stop. Humans." he whispers, even though you have already stopped.
"Can you you deal with them? I can kill them, but I want to save my strength."

Campaign, Ike!

Return uneventfully (carefully!) and perform handoff of soulsphere if required. Keep an eye out for that encampment, watch for signs of evisceration while I was gone. Get a drink of water for my efforts if possible.
You are returning slowly due to random event. Hopefully this will not take long.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:31:56 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: January 30, 2015, 08:17:18 am »

<I'll try.>
I then check my surroundings before generating a large sphere of flame, using one flame charge first to see if the ability has been overcharged somehow, then if it isn't large enough to block the pathway, using a second to make it larger. I also make sure I do not damage the structure, setting aside (though keeping, this will be kept separate and off near the ceiling), any flame that makes it too large to safely work with.
Once it is made, I advance up the stairs behind it, trying to avoid being directly behind it in case they start throwing things at it, and once I think they're in range of my personal telepathy, I call out to them:
<Hello? What are your intentions?>
As I do this, I slightly compress the large flame sphere in time with my words, making it visibly pulse as though the sphere itself is the one speaking.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3338 on: January 30, 2015, 08:48:12 am »

<I'll try.>
I then check my surroundings before generating a large sphere of flame, using one flame charge first to see if the ability has been overcharged somehow, then if it isn't large enough to block the pathway, using a second to make it larger. I also make sure I do not damage the structure, setting aside (though keeping, this will be kept separate and off near the ceiling), any flame that makes it too large to safely work with.
Once it is made, I advance up the stairs behind it, trying to avoid being directly behind it in case they start throwing things at it, and once I think they're in range of my personal telepathy, I call out to them:
As I do this, I slightly compress the large flame sphere in time with my words, making it visibly pulse as though the sphere itself is the one speaking.
You are on the last few steps up the stairway. It's a wide stone thing, similar to the entrance of a subway station or an underground passage. The area above is just the very large room that was described previously, probably used as some sort of communal area. Maybe a market, maybe a temple, maybe something like an agora where people used to speak. It is of little consequence now, since it only contains ashes and whatever rock, glass and metal resisted the fires. It has little cover except for a few rocks or piles of debris and the occasional pillar.

It looks like your ability has indeed been made quite stronger. A massive, bright, orangered ball of fire comes into being, large enough for at least three people to hide behind. With your size, using it as cover should be no problem. You can hear the surprised gasps and yelps of the humans as they notice this.
"Ah! What is that?"
"Anomaly! Stand back."
You think you hear three of them. You hear them take a few steps back but no more.
You move forward blindly, trying to approach where you think you heard them, your spherical wall of fire in front of you, rippling and bulging slightly seemingly on its own accord. You try to move as silently as possible, not wanting the sound of your feet against the ash-covered rock to give away your position.
"It's coming this way."
"Look, let's just get out of here!"
"Wait! It might disperse."
Once you think you are close enough, you speak and the sphere moves along with your voice. It feels a bit harder to maintain precise control, as if something else is influencing your fires ever so slightly. Small sparks of fire escape your sphere and dissipate as you try to distort it, so you are forced to use a larger and more blunt pyrokinetic field. Not very difficult for you, but it takes some getting used to.
"It speaks?"
"What should we do?"
"I do not like this."
"Silence. Let me speak." one says with determination.
"Spirit, we are thirsty and need water. We humbly request that you let us through to take some and we promise we will not stay long." he shouts, trying to sound calm.

((Used Bold/Italic/Underline to indicate different people talking.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:50:17 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: January 30, 2015, 09:11:32 am »

<Do not harm me or my companion, and I will not harm you.> still making it pulse with my words as I sit down just behind it, facing the voices, close enough to be a little uncomfortable but not in pain or on fire or whatever, and then release my flames, causing them to dissipate and revealing the little three-tailed fox sitting there instead, my tails spread out where it's obvious to see that there's three of them.
to River:<Good. Peaceful contact established, they'll go back to their home, tell of what they encountered, and it'll be easier to get information and supplies from the local humans when we have to talk to them later. Also, we probably won't have people try to hunt us down either.>
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:16:52 am by Lenglon »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3340 on: January 30, 2015, 09:50:44 am »

<Do not harm me or my companion, and I will not harm you.> still making it pulse with my words as I sit down just behind it, facing the voices, close enough to be a little uncomfortable but not in pain or on fire or whatever, and then release my flames, causing them to dissipate and revealing the little three-tailed fox sitting there instead, my tails spread out where it's obvious to see that there's three of them.
to River:<Good. Peaceful contact established, they'll go back to their home, tell of what they encountered, and it'll be easier to get information and supplies from the local humans when we have to talk to them later. Also, we probably won't have people try to hunt us down either.>
"Yes! Yes, of course, we-"
The man stops speaking as the ball dissipate.
You see three men, stabding there, looking at you in surprise. They look dirty, their long hair and beards greasy and matted, their robes stained with dirt. One of them stands in front of the two others, holding a butcher's cleaver. The other two have knives on their belts, but they have not drawn them. They are carrying three large waterskins each.
"It's a- an animal?" one in the back whispers.
"Look at it. It's no animal." the one in the front says.
"Let's just get what we came here for and get out of here, OK?"
"Yes, let us move."
They circle around you as they make their way towards the stairway, keeping their distance. You see River coming up the stairs, still holding the bucket. The men stop and watch him intently, the look of surprise, fear and confusion never leaving their faces. River also keeps his distance from them as he makes his way towards you. He keeps staring at them, keeping his stance low. The men keep watching until a few seconds after he reaches you. They then continue making their way towards the stairs, turning their heads to look behind them every once in a while.
"What was that thing? And what is it doing with a Beastman?" they whisper to each other as they go down the stairs.
"What if they are dangerous? What if they escaped from the tower? Should we tell someone about this?"
"Come on. You think anyone will believe this?"
"Let's get the water and we'll figure it out later. We're not safe yet."

"I would not be so optimistic. Better to be safe." River says as you walk out of the building.
"But it is your choice."

((I'm assuming you want to continue, right? Not stay here or try to follow them or something? If so, just say so and I'll continue.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: January 30, 2015, 09:58:35 am »

Survival

"I'm in no shape to take the wheel!"

Keep saving myself.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: January 30, 2015, 10:09:28 am »

Pfp
<You could just ask me, you know. I really don't mean any harm, just don't want people forcing me to kill them because I look unusual.>

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:50 am »

Survival

"Begone!"

Death to the traitor!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3344 on: January 30, 2015, 11:40:59 am »

Pfp
<You could just ask me, you know. I really don't mean any harm, just don't want people forcing me to kill them because I look unusual.>
"Uh... OK... Sure... Uh... What are you?"
The other two look at him with a 'WTF are you doing, you idiot?!' look.
"What? It said it was fine."
"Or is that 'She said it was fine'?"
The other two take a step away from him and look ready to run.
"Uh... Please don't burn me."
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 521