Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1127364 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3315 on: January 28, 2015, 01:48:16 am »

<How'd you get in me?>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVFHkAzWAnc

((That explains Alan quite well, actually. Dynamic change.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: January 28, 2015, 04:11:14 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Careful, guys! There's something moving through here. Might be people."

Try to remember what I've forgotten to remember. Go through the most important facts of the situation mentally and see if anything pops out at me.

Also, did my ears work right? I forget. If they do, listen for hostile winds that seek our doom.

Watch the refugee camp for a moment as well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: January 28, 2015, 10:02:59 am »

((Now I want to know what element John is.  Sheer bloody-mindedness?

Also, once Survival is totally done, I'd like to know what those bonus objectives were; it seemed like everyone took GTFO pretty seriously once we really started leaving, and got out really well.  Maybe something with Red and Blue?  We never saw them again.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3318 on: January 28, 2015, 08:36:29 pm »

Survival

Survival:

Keep an eye behind us to see if we're being chased; throw the explosive ammo out behind us if we are chased.  Otherwise, just check the car and make sure it's happy.  Fix anything fixable while we're in motion.
You look out of the smashed rear window. Looks like you are indeed being followed. You can see the headlights of a car, but it has yet to come into view.

Survival

Do the anti-projectile thing. When Bryan turns on us:

"Foolish."

Grab Bryan's face with the bling-arm. Point-blank blast ho! Failing that, summon a dagger and stab him in the throat.
Feeble! Foolish! Ogryn? Dark.
Bryan Survival

So, it has come down to this. I had hoped the circumstances would prevent this. Now it appears I have no choice.
When the car is close to the end of the tunnel stop. Pull out the gun I was given, shoot my former team mates.
After opening fire "I hope you can forgive me, I have my orders"
As John watches the road, getting ready to act the moment he sees their pursuers approach, he hears something shifting in the front seat, followed by a click. He doesn't register what's going on immediately though. And those lost moments cost him.
Acting on instinct, he tries to jostle the front seat to throw of Bryan's aim off while at the same time trying to move away. It works, in part, saving him from an immediate death.
The first bullet catches him in the chest, while the second misses entirely. He doesn't feel pain, just surprise and a feeling of coldness surrounding the wound. He's having trouble breathing.

It takes a moment for Saevus to realise what's going on and start reacting. And his slow speed is not helping. On the other hand, short range combat is the field he excels in, even in this weakened state.
Bryan can't adjust his aim quickly enough. He watches the golden arm of Saevus turning to point in his direction, the runes on it glowing brighter. The telekinetic blast blows the upper part of the driver's seat along with the windshield and part of the roof off the car. Bryan exhales from his hiding place behind the co-driver's seat, immensely glad that his quick reflexes have allowed him to keep his head.

The car starts slowing down with nobody pressing the gas pedal, but not very quickly. The steering wheel is wobbling precariously after being hit by the blast, causing the car to vibrate slightly. Something should probably be done about that, because at best the car will end scraping against a wall, at worse the car will end making a head on collision with a pillar at high speed to the detriment of all involved.

The tunnel above you is illuminated by a pair of headlights. Bryan can see the vehicle approaching. Looks like they caught up to you.

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"Careful, guys! There's something moving through here. Might be people."

Try to remember what I've forgotten to remember. Go through the most important facts of the situation mentally and see if anything pops out at me.

Also, did my ears work right? I forget. If they do, listen for hostile winds that seek our doom.

Watch the refugee camp for a moment as well.

You've forgotten to drink water. That must be it. You're feeling rather thirsty. The juicy flesh was enough to quench some of it, but you need some normal water or maybe some juice or similar. You suppose you could just drink blood. It sounds unsanitary, but River could probably heal you.

Your ears seem to work, they are just a bit less sensitive than you'd remember them. Still, they feel better than yesterday. Maybe they're healing naturally? Or maybe River did something to you while you were sleeping?

You watch the refugee camp as the other two chase the little glowball thing. Hmm... Yes, that's it. You spot someone or something moving between the makeshift dwellings. You think it's heading towards the edge of the camp closest to the eastern road.

Irine, Campaign

grab it!

<How'd you get in me?>
River takes off in a diagonal direction, disappearing behind a still intact building. You chase after the little thing, trying to catch up with it.
<Was asked to heal you. Fix change. Needed quick work. Not good with magic. Used melding. Gave part of my change. Did not complete. Thought temporary.>

You catch up to the thing, which has started slowing down, probably feeling safer now. You pull on it and it reacts in much the same way. It turns cyan for a second before it turns brown and tries to mimic a rock, aiming to blend in with its surroundings. River appears in the opposite side of the small street, now in his humanoid form.

"Good! You caught it! I was afraid it could turn to air."

He approaches the rock. The moment he comes close to it it immediately tries to fly away, but he quickly reaches out and puts his hands on either side of it. The air between his hands distorts, the light going through it becoming dimmer, loosing its colours. It looks like the ball is unable to escape, although it is trying very hard, bouncing around between his hands. A few seconds pass and it looks like the ball has started slowing down, the tension visible in River's body relaxing slightly. But a moment later it turns into an orb of semi-transparent shadow and starts moving even faster. The area of distorted air between his hands begins to shrink.

"Grrr. Harder than I thought. Can not keep them like this. Catching them this way will not work."

He brings his hands close to his mouth and chomps at the ball. It disappears behind his closed jaws. He shivers and his hair stand on end, but he returns to normal a couple of seconds later.
"Stingy energy. Fights back." he comments.

He leans against a nearby wall.
"Without those reviving will take a day. We need more of them. More of them together. We could go closer to the volcano. Or we could try attracting them with some of your fire. Or maybe I could approach the crater. But that..."
He closes his eyes shakes his head.
"Sorry. You had questions? I was not focused."

OOC
<How'd you get in me?>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVFHkAzWAnc
Good thing D doesn't have a body, because his head would have exploded with all those missed opportunities to joke/comment.

((Now I want to know what element John is.  Sheer bloody-mindedness?
I'm not entirely sure, since it took me some time to decide what everyone should be (I tried to take into account both the kind of powers they had and their character's personality while assigning them their element) but I think Alan's secondary element would be your primary and Irine's secondary would be your strong secondary. Maybe with Alan's primary as a weak secondary.

Also, once Survival is totally done, I'd like to know what those bonus objectives were; it seemed like everyone took GTFO pretty seriously once we really started leaving, and got out really well.  Maybe something with Red and Blue?  We never saw them again.))
There were lots of things, really. I'll give you a more in depth summary once the mission is over if you find the one given during desync unsatisfactory, since I don't think we'll have another mission in that universe anytime soon. I could entitle this mission "My biggest failure in mission design", since nothing, absolutely nothing went as expected except you trying to leave the island.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: January 28, 2015, 09:53:59 pm »

<You're focused on what we're trying to do, there's nothing wrong with that. You think they'll be attracted to my fire? and, um... what kinds of things should I look for to help revive Theri? What's her elements?>
I look around for any naturally occuring flame sources, hoping to save my flame generation charges if I can.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: January 28, 2015, 10:21:35 pm »

Bryan Survival
PM time
((Yeah things went south right at mission start didn't they, seeing as we couldn't help that one guy and get better instructions. Maybe the next survival mission could have a bit more time before people are thrown into action mode.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3321 on: January 28, 2015, 11:01:07 pm »

<You're focused on what we're trying to do, there's nothing wrong with that. You think they'll be attracted to my fire? and, um... what kinds of things should I look for to help revive Theri? What's her elements?>
I look around for any naturally occuring flame sources, hoping to save my flame generation charges if I can.
"Maybe. They were attracted to the fire I used to revive you. But that was stronger. Yet this place also makes you stronger. I do not know."
He gets noticeably less upbeat when you mention Theri, lowering his ears and head and stopping the movement of his tail.
"Theri... I do not know. It is bright and strong and it feels nice. But her soul always felt nice. Like it sings to me. I do not know. This has not happened often. Meeting ones like her. It is confusing."
He closes his eyes.
"I have been searching everywhere for it. But I only see it in her. Sometimes I see thin threads from the north and the east. But I could not follow them. I could not leave you here."

"She is my friend. I will find a way. Even if I have to use my own strength. I will do it. I promised she would travel by my side."

There is no fire around, none that you can see. You're deeper into the city now, so most of the things are burnt here. Fuel would be hard to come by, but you could find some if you searched around. You could probably also move to some place else and look for fire there. Or lava. Or ask River, he made the fire in your home, maybe he has an idea.

Harry Baldman
<If I tell you where Zechariah's soulsphere is, could you bring it here? Carefully?>
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 11:16:33 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: January 28, 2015, 11:35:02 pm »

<If we went to the volcano, could you drain it through me to revive her? Maybe Alan and his connection to everything around here too, assuming we revived him first? or does the element really have to match?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3323 on: January 28, 2015, 11:59:27 pm »

<If we went to the volcano, could you drain it through me to revive her? Maybe Alan and his connection to everything around here too, assuming we revived him first? or does the element really have to match?>
"The element does not have to match. But it makes it easier. Much easier. But any power will do. I can change it into the right kind, with time."
He looks at you.
"Now that I have companions to help me, to protect me while I work... I can do that."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: January 29, 2015, 12:26:39 am »

((Nikolai could help revive people. He could directly pour energy into a soul orb for River to use. Wonder what would happen on an overshoot?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: January 29, 2015, 12:28:40 am »

<And the orbs we want to help revive Zech are denser when we get closer to the volcano too, right? Could we go there, hunt orbs, and drain me when we're done hunting?

oh, um, and do you know where some water is? I'm getting kinda thirsty.>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: January 29, 2015, 05:54:35 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<If I tell you where Zechariah's soulsphere is, could you bring it here? Carefully?>

<Not a problem, I'd surmise. Unless you stashed it inside a monster or something, in which case it'd probably take some doing to get it over here. Also, you mind reviving Alan after you're done with that Zeke guy? I could go for some lemonade.>

If River tells me where Zechariah's soulsphere is, I should bring it here. Carefully.

If not, well, check what that thing moving about is more closely.

Check if my nose works better as well.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: January 29, 2015, 06:41:29 am »

(Apologies for no writing. Procrastination hit me hard.)

Survival

Go down the alley, and see if there's a car
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: January 29, 2015, 09:34:23 am »

Survival

"Idiot!" gasped out John.

React to the events.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: January 29, 2015, 10:15:41 am »

Survival

"Cease thy struggling and perish!"

Do stuff!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 521