Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124643 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2520 on: September 17, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »

<Are you outside of the inn?>

<Can't you tell without needing to ask?>

<No, not really. You see, it's a rather important question, since it will help determine whether or not I am actually talking to you or if I am just a figment of your (admittedly active) imagination. So, do you think you have gone space crazy?>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: September 17, 2014, 01:00:18 pm »

<No, not really. You see, it's a rather important question, since it will help determine whether or not I am actually talking to you or if I am just a figment of your (admittedly active) imagination. So, do you think you have gone space crazy?>

<That's a pretty awful try at gaslighting me, no offense. Have you had your morning coffee?>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: September 17, 2014, 01:21:19 pm »

"But if you ever... stop enjoying our time together, then I can... return you there."
huh? she can go anytime she wants? He isn't in this to gain anything?
I walk over towards River and Theri
But Stellar said she couldn't, that this was the only way... River must be a much stronger Entity than her.

"I... I overheard you two talking. You said that... Theri gets a real choice in this? I... I'd like to know something, if I may ask. What is the real purpose of all this? and... and how does the Stray tie in to it?"
What will be my fate?

" 'What exactly is this competition?' I hear you asking? Well, it is very simple. One of us chooses a challenge for you, that is, a place where you will appear and an objective you must complete. Emerge from the challenge victorious and you will be rewarded. Your entities will be allowed to work on improving your abilities. Your power will increase, your weaknesses will be eliminated. Loose, and you get to try again, at least until your entity gets bored. The better you perform, the quicker you can go home, back to your time and space, with only increased power and knowledge to show for it. Pretty nice deal, eh? We get entertained, you gain power, everyone is happy."
"Yeah, but what about the stray? The rules state-"
"The 'Stray', as you called her, is not a problem. I've already talked to her entity about it and I'm certain we'll be able to come to an arrangement about that. Now, do not interrupt me again."
"Now, some simple things. As you may have noted, you can change almost everything in here with your mind. However, you cannot create copies of yourselves or other participants. You are also incapable of harming or otherwise hurting and undermining yourselves or others, be it physically, by changing this place or by using your abilities. That's why we are able to have this conversation in pleasant warmth instead of flesh burning heat, why that ice melted in seconds while your skin does not. If you really want to fight and hurt someone else, tell one of us. I'm sure we'll be able to arrange something. If you want to practice and experiment however, this area is perfect for that. The only difference between this area (the Staging Area) and your personal sections is that only you and the entity that chose you may enter your personal section."
"Most challenges won't allow you to bring anything from here except items that have been 'bonded' to you. But do not worry, your hosts should provide you with whatever you need. Your hosts will also be able to provide you with sufficient information about the world you appear in. Each challenge is unique in that regard, so going into it in detail before it starts seems redundant."
((for a reference this far back, thought you might want a quote to put it in context.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2523 on: September 17, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »

<That's a pretty awful try at gaslighting me, no offense. Have you had your morning coffee?>

<Yeah, no, just curious. Wanted to see if you'd go for it. But it's true, I didn't transmit anything to you, at least not intentionally. Maybe those big ears of yours can hear more than sound? Who knows. Anyway, that's part two of your question answered.>

"But if you ever... stop enjoying our time together, then I can... return you there."
huh? she can go anytime she wants? He isn't in this to gain anything?
I walk over towards River and Theri
But Stellar said she couldn't, that this was the only way... River must be a much stronger Entity than her.

"I... I overheard you two talking. You said that... Theri gets a real choice in this? I... I'd like to know something, if I may ask. What is the real purpose of all this? and... and how does the Stray tie in to it?"
What will be my fate?

" 'What exactly is this competition?' I hear you asking? Well, it is very simple. One of us chooses a challenge for you, that is, a place where you will appear and an objective you must complete. Emerge from the challenge victorious and you will be rewarded. Your entities will be allowed to work on improving your abilities. Your power will increase, your weaknesses will be eliminated. Loose, and you get to try again, at least until your entity gets bored. The better you perform, the quicker you can go home, back to your time and space, with only increased power and knowledge to show for it. Pretty nice deal, eh? We get entertained, you gain power, everyone is happy."
"Yeah, but what about the stray? The rules state-"
"The 'Stray', as you called her, is not a problem. I've already talked to her entity about it and I'm certain we'll be able to come to an arrangement about that. Now, do not interrupt me again."
"Now, some simple things. As you may have noted, you can change almost everything in here with your mind. However, you cannot create copies of yourselves or other participants. You are also incapable of harming or otherwise hurting and undermining yourselves or others, be it physically, by changing this place or by using your abilities. That's why we are able to have this conversation in pleasant warmth instead of flesh burning heat, why that ice melted in seconds while your skin does not. If you really want to fight and hurt someone else, tell one of us. I'm sure we'll be able to arrange something. If you want to practice and experiment however, this area is perfect for that. The only difference between this area (the Staging Area) and your personal sections is that only you and the entity that chose you may enter your personal section."
"Most challenges won't allow you to bring anything from here except items that have been 'bonded' to you. But do not worry, your hosts should provide you with whatever you need. Your hosts will also be able to provide you with sufficient information about the world you appear in. Each challenge is unique in that regard, so going into it in detail before it starts seems redundant."
((for a reference this far back, thought you might want a quote to put it in context.))
((I remember, but thanks.))
"I... I overheard you two talking."
He looks annoyed at this but says nothing. He simply lowers his body a bit, turns his ears to face you and looks at you closely.
"You said that... Theri gets a real choice in this?"
"Yes." he growls a short reply, unmoving except for his mouth
"I... I'd like to know something, if I may ask. What is the real purpose of all this?"
"The purpose is what you and those in this want it to be."
"and... and how does the Stray tie in to it?"
"You have to be returned to where you were taken from. That would kill you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: September 17, 2014, 02:15:54 pm »

<Yeah, no, just curious. Wanted to see if you'd go for it. But it's true, I didn't transmit anything to you, at least not intentionally. Maybe those big ears of yours can hear more than sound? Who knows. Anyway, that's part two of your question answered.>

<Maybe I was just imagining that I was outside, or maybe I for some reason imagined I could hear you? Well, anyhow, that's all cleared up. Back to not being on speaking terms, I suppose.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: September 17, 2014, 02:56:27 pm »

Well, that one certainly doesn't like me.
"O-oh. I... I... Sorry to have bothered you."
I walk away and go back to the table.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
« Reply #2526 on: September 17, 2014, 05:04:44 pm »

"I leave you alone if that's what you want"
Go to the table that is as far away as possible from the one that punched me and tend to my injures
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:12:37 pm by Roc CURIOUSBEAST_EATER »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2527 on: September 17, 2014, 05:32:53 pm »

Oh, well that's unfortunate. I was hoping I had more time to argue with people over the morals that I adopted before entering this convoluted multiverse.
Ah well. Maybe there's a next time, maybe not.

Move out of my room and into the center of the inn. Stick to a corner and simply observe the room around me.
into the center of the inn
Stick to a corner
You enter the inn and immediately start imitating a lizard a you walk forwards and backwards, unable to decide where you want to go.

"I think he's breakdancing."
<I think he's broken.>
"Someone press control-alt-delete."

((Sorry man, I keep missing you for some reason.))
((I ain't even mad.))

"I obey."

Attempt to get out of the room, inevitably break through the doorframe as I am most probably far too big for it, then go downstairs.
You squeeze through the doorframe with some difficulty and then make your way downstairs, the floor complaining with creaks and squeaks as you step on it. Still, the hallways are surprisingly spacious and the ceilings surprisingly high, so you don't have to break anything to make your way downstairs.

Ima take yo tricycle, and ima throw it at that castle. Also, who was that, now i heard 2 voices in mah hed, I hate voices in my head. Go into inn after throwing huge trike
You give a half-hearted bump to the huge tricycle. It wiggles a bit.
You shrug, complain about the voices and enter the inn.

((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Sigd

Ima take yo tricycle, and ima throw it at that castle. Also, who was that, now i heard 2 voices in mah hed, I hate voices in my head. Go into inn after throwing huge trike
I DISAPPROVE OF THIS AND OF YOU

Shoot a laundry machine (that's still working thanks to my power) at this guy and then head inside the inn.
You fail to summon anything (thank random for all those 1s).
You shrug and follow the big guy to the inn.

<Maybe I was just imagining that I was outside, or maybe I for some reason imagined I could hear you? Well, anyhow, that's all cleared up. Back to not being on speaking terms, I suppose.>
<Oh, come on, don't be like that. You can talk to me. As long as you don't mind me having some fun in the process.>

Well, that one certainly doesn't like me.
I walk away and go back to the table.
The entity sighs, relaxes and turns to face Theri again.

"I leave you alone if that's what you want"
Go to the table that is as far away as possible from the one that punched me and tend to my injures
You get yourself out of the Lioraw-shaped hole in the wall and sit on a nearby table.
Surprisingly though, you are uninjured. Just a bit tingly.

<Hey there! Anybody explained what's going on to you?>

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: September 17, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

((Errgh.. I knew that wording would be confusing. Sorry about that. I meant to the center of the inn in terms of rooms, not the exact center. Then, I would move to the corner of the center of the inn.
Again, so sorry about that.))

Correct myself and stop walking around like an idiot. Then, continue my last action with going to the corner of the room.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2529 on: September 17, 2014, 06:11:58 pm »

((Errgh.. I knew that wording would be confusing. Sorry about that. I meant to the center of the inn in terms of rooms, not the exact center. Then, I would move to the corner of the center of the inn.
Again, so sorry about that.))

Correct myself and stop walking around like an idiot. Then, continue my last action with going to the corner of the room.
((Nah, relax, I'm just joking. I think everyone has realised by now that I like silly jokes like that. I understood that you meant downstairs.))

You go sit in a dark corner all alone, your face barely lit by the fireplace, and get ready to offer people shady deals.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: September 17, 2014, 08:17:35 pm »

Theri, not yet noticing the figure on the table, was focused on Irine's conversation. She pouts a bit.
"Um...I'm not sure if I understand much here, River. The people below the cliff are...here because they're dead? As in, when they're...not in this zone of reshape-ability?"
Mmph, he didn't answer my question on favorite foods :I
Now what can I...conjure, I guess, for him?
Hmph.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2531 on: September 17, 2014, 08:34:24 pm »

Theri, not yet noticing the figure on the table, was focused on Irine's conversation. She pouts a bit.
"Um...I'm not sure if I understand much here, River. The people below the cliff are...here because they're dead? As in, when they're...not in this zone of reshape-ability?"
Mmph, he didn't answer my question on favorite foods :I
Now what can I...conjure, I guess, for him?
Hmph.

"No, they are not dead. They are here because they were chosen by someone and brought here from their own worlds. Similar to how you were brought here from your world. But for different reasons."

"The problem with Irine is that her world doesn't exist anymore, at least not in a way that she can survive there. And yet the rules of this place state that she must return to her world if she ever leaves. So if our rules were to be followed at that point, then she would die. But arrangements have been made to ensure that doesn't happen."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: September 17, 2014, 08:38:47 pm »

Theri blinked. If she knew things like these back on where she was, physics would be pretty 'fun' to talk about.

"So its like changing time to save the world? That's...brilliant. Amazing! But-...people should compete for it?"
As she looked at River, she couldn't help but recall something due to his attire.

"Also you didn't tell me your favorite food, at least."
:P

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: September 17, 2014, 09:02:36 pm »

"You'z eh SHA-DOW-EEN, ain't ya. Ya, You guyz ha da gret parties, roight?"

Take a seat.

(SHA-DOW-EEN are a group of people who've taken an augmentation that turns them into an inky, shadowy silhouette. They live in the alleys and sewers, and they are shapeshifters. They take a form of your worst nightmare, and feed off of adrenaline as a source of food. They make the best haunted houses.)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:04:18 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2534 on: September 17, 2014, 10:21:19 pm »

Theri blinked. If she knew things like these back on where she was, physics would be pretty 'fun' to talk about.

"So its like changing time to save the world? That's...brilliant. Amazing! But-...people should compete for it?"
As she looked at River, she couldn't help but recall something due to his attire.

"Also you didn't tell me your favorite food, at least."
:P
"It's not the way I like it. But it is the way things are. The way things are for now, anyway."

"As for my favourite food... I haven't really thought about it."
He looks away in a thoughtful manner.
"I usually eat what I can find. I don't think I have a preference. I suppose there were meals that were better than others but... Hm... Let me think..."
After a few seconds of silence, his face lights up for a moment.
"Oh, fish are nice, they're fun to catch, especially the ones jumping in the waterfalls! And the others too, just corner them in a small stream and then-"
His expression turns thoughtful again.
"But that's not really what you want to know, is it?

I... I am sorry, nobody has asked me this question before. I just don't know and I do not want to lie to you. I never considered it a very important thing, never paid attention. Food is food. Sometimes the meat is more tender, sometimes it's more juicy, more sweet. But in the end, meat is meat.
I'm trying to understand. May I ask what your favourite food is?"

"You'z eh SHA-DOW-EEN, ain't ya. Ya, You guyz ha da gret parties, roight?"

Take a seat.

(SHA-DOW-EEN are a group of people who've taken an augmentation that turns them into an inky, shadowy silhouette. They live in the alleys and sewers, and they are shapeshifters. They take a form of your worst nightmare, and feed off of adrenaline as a source of food. They make the best haunted houses.)

"Well, I am known for my parties." the man replies. You are unsure about whether or not he is being sarcastic. "They tend to be rather... exciting."
"Sometimes people say I have a drug and alcohol problem, but they are wrong. Because I cured it. With my mind."
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 521