Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124613 times)

Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2490 on: September 16, 2014, 04:28:55 am »

''Can I have an menu to look at please?"
Choose the Cheapest Breakfast sized meal on the Menu while Discussing Morality

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: September 16, 2014, 05:15:34 am »

"Oh, I was the one who went after the one man.  Thank goodness I got away without killing him.  Actually I don't think I've formally introduced myself to you.  My name is Bryan, we've uh had at least one conflict before between missions."
"Huh? I don't remember opposing you.."
"Theri, it's ok. I just wanted to show you how unstable this place is. Everything I did, and more, is stuff that you can do too. Just believe in yourself."
She seems shaken, maybe...
"F-for example, that sword. You can draw it too. just grab it and it will be there, I promise."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: September 16, 2014, 05:28:31 am »

"Oh, I was the one who went after the one man.  Thank goodness I got away without killing him.  Actually I don't think I've formally introduced myself to you.  My name is Bryan, we've uh had at least one conflict before between missions."
"Theri, it's ok. I just wanted to show you how unstable this place is. Everything I did, and more, is stuff that you can do too. Just believe in yourself."
She seems shaken, maybe...
"F-for example, that sword. You can draw it too. just grab it and it will be there, I promise."
"But its-...it should be touching my ear. Oh...ok."
Theri imagined the clarity of the sword, putting in the appearance foremost and then attributing the concept of its density and weight, considering factors such as the metal involved--probably an alloy of silver and steel, she wondered--and visualized the single-edge from tip to hilt, instead wondering if there was a gem-inlay along the handle, forgetting how it exactly was.

She then imagined it hovering in midair, right next to her ear, and reached up...
Get that sword!
Also [maybe I could try this...]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: September 16, 2014, 05:40:00 am »

((It doesn't feel old because it isn't.  What I'm using is Victorian/Shakespearean English.  Which is ~200-150 years back if I remember right. Real old English would be unreadable even by a native English speaker.  Example sentence: "Deað he þær byrigde; hwæðere eft Dryhten aras mid his miclan mihte mannum to helpe."))

((Elizabethan English is a bit older than that, methinks, since Shakespeare himself lived ~400 years ago. If he was from the Victorian times, there'd probably be at most half as many dick jokes in his plays.))

"Mm! I just had a thought!"

PM action.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: September 16, 2014, 05:52:23 am »

((It doesn't feel old because it isn't.  What I'm using is Victorian/Shakespearean English.  Which is ~200-150 years back if I remember right. Real old English would be unreadable even by a native English speaker.  Example sentence: "Deað he þær byrigde; hwæðere eft Dryhten aras mid his miclan mihte mannum to helpe."))

((Elizabethan English is a bit older than that, methinks, since Shakespeare himself lived ~400 years ago. If he was from the Victorian times, there'd probably be at most half as many dick jokes in his plays.))
((Well, I'm not from England so I'm not surprised I made a mistake there.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: September 16, 2014, 08:25:30 am »

John nodded and grinned.  "Spice me up."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2496 on: September 16, 2014, 02:26:47 pm »

((I'm a bit busy due to studying for an exam, but I took some time to copypaste Tiruin's PMs in appropriate places. Search for Peregrine in this thread to see them all. I'm also putting them here for those of you who want to learn their contents but are too lazy don't have enough time to search the thread.

As I was updating my old posts with the Tiruin PMs I noticed Imageshack had blanked some of my drawings. The images are still there in my album, they've just been made blank for some reason. I guess I'll have to reupload them sometime...))

Spoiler: Tiruin's PMs Part 1 (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2497 on: September 16, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »

((I think that's my fourth post that I've managed to hit the character limit with.))

Spoiler: Tiruin's PMs Part 2 (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2498 on: September 16, 2014, 02:27:44 pm »

Spoiler: Tiruin's PMs Part 3 (click to show/hide)

((That is all. Turn tomorrow. Mission start at end of week.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: September 16, 2014, 04:42:31 pm »

"Uh, perhaps I didn't explain that well.  Remember Ed?  The man with information about target amethyst?  How someone had kidnapped him?  I'm afraid that was me."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: September 16, 2014, 10:25:53 pm »

((Good lord that's a lot of PM.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: September 17, 2014, 03:40:47 am »

"Uh, perhaps I didn't explain that well.  Remember Ed?  The man with information about target amethyst?  How someone had kidnapped him?  I'm afraid that was me."
"O-oh... well, um, thank you for not killing him. I suppose. But what did you mean about us having a conflict before between missions? I don't remember anything like that."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: September 17, 2014, 07:32:20 am »

"Eh it wan't that impressive or important.  I tried to stop you from burning anything after the first mission when you were upset.  After all you wouldn't have hurt anyone and the staging area can just change."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: September 17, 2014, 07:36:52 am »

Ike, deep in thought, pauses a moment to consider this fellow.

"Hey, you were there? Sweet! Which one were you? The guy who rammed me and I shot, the guy who was running away and I shot, or the guy at the factory with the big gun who I blew up? Or someone else? You don't sound like Hex Man, so that's probably out as an option."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: September 17, 2014, 07:46:08 am »

Theri nudged Irine with her tail, that nobody else may notice.

"You're all acquainted with each other? How did this happen before and why do you choose to partake in this contest-of-sorts?"

She raised the inner parts of her eyebrows in concern.

"It sounds weird to be speaking about kills or people you hurt, given that they were real people. Just...somewhere else."
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 521