Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124703 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In Soviet Russia, mission starts you!
« Reply #240 on: November 14, 2013, 09:08:14 pm »

((I was talking about the time + pain + aftereffects of changing shape, but I suppose that also applies to her weakened fire control in human form now that you mention it))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 14, 2013, 09:17:00 pm »

ExcellENT!

That said, stand around doing nothing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 14, 2013, 09:18:09 pm »

"So what's your power, anyway?  I can make mechanical devices from nothing, pretty much.  They tend to work better for me, though."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 14, 2013, 09:20:11 pm »

I shoot appliances out of my hands. Behold, WHISK BEAM!

Fire a beam of whisks at the ground.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 14, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »

You get two. Just one of them is not up to you to decide. And you rolled two on that so you got a fairly useless power, ie being the best in janitoring.
((Noted. Watch me make use of it!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2013, 04:12:58 am »

"So up to the roof here and run along?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2013, 06:06:21 am »

"Yeah, climb up this building here, then use the grappling hook to get to the other building, and then we do what we're supposed to do."

Get inside the building we're standing next to. Look for a way up.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2013, 06:55:27 am »

"Yeah, climb up this building here, then use the grappling hook to get to the other building, and then we do what we're supposed to do."

"Ike...grapping hooks don't work like that."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2013, 07:48:35 am »

"Ike...grapping hooks don't work like that."

"Sure they do. We just move horizontally rather than vertically. Easy as pie, and we won't even have to navigate the fence!"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2013, 08:14:39 am »

Eria pulled some more knowledge form her host "Okay, let assume the grapping hook work like you think they do. The hook will wlich(sp?) you across fast enough to not fall to the ground or hit the wall, what sort of speed is need to cross 20 feet of thin air without drop and how will you stop at the other end without flying off the building?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2013, 08:54:43 am »

"Gotcha, gotcha. Okay, I want this to be a clean hit, so no screwing around. I'm hoping we can do this without alerting the soldiers, so try and do your objectives without triggering any alarms. That means if someone sees you doing illegal stuff, kill them by any means possible before they can get to a radio. And it also means that if they just suspect you're doing illegal stuff, talk it out instead of killing them. If someone sees you killing them, then you gotta kill two people when you could have killed none. Let's not kick the hornet's nest. Any observations to add?
Get a knife or similar cutting implement, then look around for any signs for the Head of Security's office.
It seems like knifes aren't standard equipment for those guards and none of them seems to have taken the initiative to acquire one, so you do not find anything military grade. But you do find a reasonably sharp chef's knife in near the table.
"Okay, well, I would prefer it if these bodies weren't so spread out. So I'll just move these over and..."

Move the bodies to a corner.

"A good place to start is going east. Least we can get our bearings, mm? These janitor clothes should provide us ample disguise for now. Oh, and while killing is a bit uncomfortable for me, I can definitely spin a web of lies. Let's go."

On Jordan's word, leave through the east double doors.
You take some time to hide the bodies under the table and inside the cake box. It's not a perfect job, but it's pretty damn good. It should buy you a minute or two if someone else comes in here.

After the body carrying is done, you both exit from the east and check the hallway.
"Let's see... there are three stairwells on this section of the building. There's one in the south near the vault that will take you to some offices on the floor above, there's one north near some offices that will take you to the data processing and storage and there's one further up north near the loading area that will take you right outside the Main Security Station."

As you look north, you see two people in casual clothes turning a corner. They're far away now but they're headed your way. Probably office workers.

((Um, my clothes should be on the cart, under the cleaning rags we have there. Not in my pile of tinder. I might need them later.))
"Angel, don't be scared, ok? this should only take a couple seconds."
Change to fox form on top of my tinder pile then hop on the cart (guiding away any stray flames from Angel and the cleaning cart) and hide under the rags.
((Irine hasn't shifted forms since she was brought in, she doesn't know about the changes to her shifting... yet.))
((You're not in a combat situation, so I thought I could embellish your first time a bit. And by "embellish" I mean make it even worse.))

You focus on changing forms. You begin lighting up  with an orange internal light, your skin becoming like liquid fire. But there's something wrong. It's taking longer than you remembered. You feel... hot. You feel the temperature rising further. And further. And there's pain. You begin feeling like you're being burnt alive. Which is even more distressing for you than a normal human, due to the fact that you've never felt uncomfortable with fire before. And that feeling gets stronger every moment that passes.
"Oh, no..."
Your pile of flammable materials lights up. The fire itself doesn't hurt you and luckily the few harmful vapors released by the burning cleaning agents do not affect you.
"What did you do?"
"No, no, no! I didn't mean it! Help her!"
And then it gets worse. You clench your hands and teeth and manage to not scream as you feel your body being compressed, your hands twisted, your bones crushed. You know this shouldn't be happening, since you don't even have bones at this state, but your pain receptors don't seem to give a damn about what you think you know right now.
"The rules state that once a challenge has started-"
"Please! Help her!"
You feel like you're being crushed. Like you're drowning.
"Very well."
And then time stops for a moment.
"Access granted."
You return to the darkness for a split second.
"There. Done."
And then it's over. You slowly get up from the burning pile and feebly walk towards the cart, your four legs helping to balance you despite your feeling of nausea.
"I've fixed the life threatening part of the corruption. It won't be so bad next time."
The lights and sounds are irritating you, your muscles ache, you generally feel like shit. You barely manage to keep yourself from throwing up.
"Next time, ask someone who knows what he's doing to check your work."
You crawl under the rags and curl up. You think you just need a few seconds and you'll feel better.
"I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."
Take the cart with Irene to some kind of elevator.
The entity informs you that there is no elevator that goes to the second floor, but there's a stairwell right outside the room you're in. You exit the bathroom and make your way there along with the cleaning cart. Thankfully, there seems to be a ramp you could take up.

The smoke and fire is contained in the janitor closet right now, with smoke escaping into the bathroom. Once that smoke reaches the corridor however, the smoke detectors are going to go off. And it's going to happen soon.

John looks at his map.   Okay, I got a plan.  I'll make a smoke bomb and set it off in the trunk.  We drive up to the main gate and try to get in.  The guards will want to check out the smoke.  While they're distracted with that, we off them with the silenced pistols.  We then go to the loading bay and head in.  Any objections?"

Make a smoke generator, assuming no complaints from teammate.
A device begins forming in the trunk of your car, nuts, bolts, electronics, wires, crystals and chemicals mixing and assembling together. And it gets larger. And larger. (What you presume to be) The smoke generator ends up taking up most of the trunk, a strange cylindrical device with a 2 buttons, dials and levers up top that is glowing with a soft green glow. You think you know how to operate it and set the timer, but you aren't sure.
I shoot appliances out of my hands. Behold, WHISK BEAM!

Fire a beam of whisks at the ground.
You focus on firing some whisks. Nothing happens. You try again. Nope, still, nothing. Huh. That's strange. You turn your palm around to check it and-
Ow! Your eye! Your freaking eye! Ow,ow,ow,ow,ow!
"Hahaha, fatso just fired a whisk to his face."

You pick up your bags of equipment and get near the building's entrance and check the lobby through the glass windows.
There's only a receptionist there and she seems focused on something on her computer.
You realize however that if she saw Eria's scaly skin she might freak out. Then again she seems so preoccupied with whatever she's doing that she probably wouldn't even notice you.
Behind the receptionist you can see a stairwell and some elevators.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:43:23 pm by Parisbre56 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 15, 2013, 09:05:20 am »

Eria sighs before climbing the fence and grappling hooking up the side of the building
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:51:54 am by scapheap »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 15, 2013, 09:10:15 am »

Eria pulled some more knowledge form her host "Okay, let assume the grapping hook work like you think they do. The hook will wlich(sp?) you across fast enough to not fall to the ground or hit the wall, what sort of speed is need to cross 20 feet of thin air without drop and how will you stop at the other end without flying off the building?"

Ike whispers surreptitiously to Eria.

"You silly goose, I'm not going to let the gun pull me across. That would be stupid. I'll just leave the rope suspended over the drop and climb across. Simple, and probably safer than climbing the fence."

Get up to the roof, don't let Eria have the grappling hook gun. I need it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #253 on: November 15, 2013, 09:50:22 am »

((To avoid confusion, the grappling hook is a single use pressurized air cannon with a grappling hook as a projectile, like this, but bigger and more makeshift looking (it's made out of a fire extinguisher after all). It can be "anchored" to the roof, because the roof has a small ledge. It has a pretty long rope, longer than you could possibly need.

The fence on the other hand has barbed wire on top and concrete in the bottom, making climbing it a bit dangerous. There are other ways of crossing it though.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2013, 09:52:20 am »

Use bolt-cutter to pass the fence
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 521