Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124737 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Mission 1 complete
« Reply #1215 on: January 26, 2014, 05:10:33 pm »

((Ultimate power requires infinity. The entities are not infinite. Power takes effort to maintain. Greater power takes greater effort.

Fniff, reply to my PM. Choose 2 upgrades.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 26, 2014, 05:15:02 pm »

((That's why you take precautions not to crash, and assuming this is indeed an "ultimate" power, you should have perfect handling, speed, and acceleration in this car.))
((And the car should also be invulnerable to damage and protect you from damage.
And also fly. And shoot lasers. And slice, and dice, and make Julienne fries.
Because Ultimate Power is...ultimate.))

(The problem is, it can't be ultimate, unless the entities are very short-sighted.)
(("Practically Ultimate" can easily be several steps below these guys.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 26, 2014, 09:55:49 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1218 on: January 27, 2014, 10:51:59 am »

Free Beer!
Okay, now that I have your attention:
1. Better start thinking about what the next gametype should be (check the first reply for a list of gametypes). Where are we going next? Survival in Thermopylae? Arena fighting in the Colosseum of Rome? Gang wars in a post-apocalyptic Megacity? Slaying a Dragon? Killing Hitler? One of the missions I have thought of?

2. Everybody gains knowledge or a vague feeling of what upgrades they got after they wake up.
Up to you how you want to roleplay gaining that knowledge. If you want to roleplay gaining that knowledge at all. You can pretend your entities told you. You can pretend the entities put that knowledge in your heads. Whatever you want. Within reason.
Also up to you if you want to reveal what upgrades you got or not.

Fniff
You wake up. You're in your room, sitting in your armchair. You have a weird feeling of dejavu. On top of that, you feel... different. Better. More relaxed and rested in a way.

scapheap
You wake up in your cave, lying in your bedroll. Your Personal Section of the Staging Area as the entities called it.
You feel a bit different. Like there is something changed inside your head.

Harry Bladman
You wake up in your hotel room bed, to the sound of your alarm clock's music.
"Wakey, wakey." it says.
You feel a bit different. Better. Like all your life you were one of those old unwound spring-powered clocks, ticking once every 5 seconds, barely functioning and someone has finally wound you up.
"So, how did you find your first day at work?"

Toaster
REAL ULTIMATE POWER
((I love the Internet))
You wake up. You're lying on the cold floor. You can't remember how exactly you fell on the floor. Maybe you were dancing and hit your head when you fell? Who knows? If you had hit your head it would hurt. Your head doesn't hurt. In fact it feels better than ever! One could even say you have the REAL Ultimate Power!

Lenglon
You wake up. You are in your hybrid form.
You can see the clear blue sky above you again and feel the soft weeds below you. It's midday and the sun is hot. You can hear cicadas and blackbirds each doing their very dissimilar mating calls.
"Hey..."
You feel... different. More like yourself in a way.

Xantalos & GWG
Time to crash a party!

Zoom away in my squid mobile and crash through a wall into someone else's conversation/scenario.
You veer your squid-mobile to the left, trying to crash into a wall. While sailing in a void. One would laugh with this silliness, if it weren't for the fact that you somhow manage to crash into the void. The void collapses into itself and implodes, sending you straight to... a waterfall! Oh, and that little girl and the shadow guy! Wait, why are you falling?

A few moments before you hit the ground, you black out.

You wake up. You're human again. You're lying on a rock near a waterfall, the mist gently falling on your face.
You're feeling a bit... different. Something strange in your body. Eh, I'm sure it's nothing, you're probably just hungry.
"...Nothing stranger than the circumstances it's occurring in..."
"Ah, yes, I suspected as much. Well, you see-"
The shadow-man you call Charlie looks up. "Oh. Great." he says sarcastically and then sinks into his own shadow. You look up just in time to see some kind of giant squid-jellyfish-abomination falling towards you. A moment before it lands, you black out.
You wake up a moment later, lying in the water. Good thing you've got that waterproof ability.
You're feeling a bit... different. You can't place the difference, but you still feel a bit strange.

DAF
Zechariah resisted the urge to laugh audibly. Zechariah? With leadership qualities? Never!
"I believe the reason that I lived that long was because our patron god admired my willpower against the Shadow. That was what the Guardians and the Mediums were about: willpower, and staying 'awake' to every dimension. We are the Guardians because we experience the full spectrum of human emotion, and we accept that and use it as our strength. Of course, that comes with the downside that most, if not all, Guardians are emotional labyrinths with tendencies to have mental breakdowns, get angry and distressed, overjoyed, crying, and other sorts of things.

Back to my establishment as a leader, however. I think that I became leader because of several things: One, I had an alter-ego, meaning I have access to even more complex dimensions of thought. Two, I've helped the other Mediums and Guardians and kept the group together. And three, I knew how the Shadow worked and how to stop the Shadow. There are certainly other Guardians who are better with leadership: Apollo, Julia, Scion, Katherine, Jake, and some others.

I guess they trusted me the most, because they knew that I had the most experience with the Shadows, the Medium, and frankly, I was the only one who met in person with this patron god of ours."

"So you are saying you were their leader because you got connections with people in higher places? Hah! And you pretend to be-" She pauses mid sentence.
"Aaaahhh, I finally get to work on you." She laughs a bit. "I will enjoy playing with your body and soul. Do you mind if I work a bit on those behavioral problems while I'm in there? Put a lid on that willpower and emotion, remove morality, add some obedience, make you more of a real instead of accidental killer?"
She pauses for a split second.
"Ah! Too late! I guess I better start working on rewriting those childhood memories!" She laughs again as you black out.

You wake up. You're lying on the bed again.
You're feeling a bit different. Your body feels a bit... different. And your mind also feels a bit off. But you are still you. At least, you think you are still you. Hmmm.... If someone had erased your memories and done a good job covering it up, you would be unable to realize something is missing, right?

EDIT: I also sent PMs to the people who had shown interest in this.

Peregrine
((I did not get that one! D:
Sorry Paris!! I -love- your GMing though, Don't doubt that! :D
Also I like how you characterize the pups and the rest. That's nice.))

...Total sincerity. That one.

Akari looked on until she noticed he wasn't speaking anymore-too engrossed in her thoughts before she picked up and spoke:
"If-..that was being impolite, then I believe me and most others around me were pretty much rude our whole lives. That was...really nice of you. Really. A-"
..What to add.what to add!!
"And..if need be, I could..possibly, though I don't know how, help a bit on this shrine here? To..be honest-there is no impoliteness in assuming I'm not of this...'world'. I mean, I just woke up a while ago and..where I was-is but a fleeting memory, like I was transported here. Fairy tale come true? Plausible, but this place is so similar to my...world, that I doubt this is a dream of sorts.

"Though what just happened? Honestly, hard to believe-I am..used to mundane events, so to speak. But..I do have someone to care for-though that someone is..I can't visit them right now, though."

She moved over and stroked the mother's fur, while giving the young ones a gesture of joy and happiness at their acceptance. "And on your offer? I'm wholly accepting it. These creatures-so kind and worn by nature-you've taken care of them and...lived with them. Such value. I'd..I'd actually be honored to travel with you. Thanks."

...Traveling, go! :D
((The character name you gave me during character creation is not Akari. Probably a typo.))

The mother accepts your stroking, a bit reluctantly at first. After a few seconds though, she's pushing herself against your hand and closing her eyes, clearly enjoying it.

River listens to you intently as you speak. When you say you accept, his face lights up. Or at least you think it does, you're not exactly an expert on wolf-people facial expressions. Although the fact that he is wagging his tail is probably a very good indicator that he is happy.
He gets up and approaches you.
"Excellent! I promise to you, you will not regret this! There may be times when the journey gets hard, the road difficult, but that will only make the destination sweeter. I am glad to have a new companion in you. I am-" He pauses mid sentence and takes a deep breath, trying to quell his excitement and happiness as best he can, but fails. He can't keep himself from smiling and wagging his tail.
He extends his hand. "Give me your hand. I have something to show you."

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 06:42:04 am by Parisbre56 »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 27, 2014, 11:52:37 am »

(Wouldn't mind a bar brawl in a gangster-infested nightclub.)
Jordan rubbed his eyes and stood up.

"Getting caught in a nuclear explosion is less painful then I expected."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 27, 2014, 11:56:43 am »

"Hi Stellar. What... Did..."
I begin piecing bits together from what I remember of the mission's end.
"Wait, no. Nonononononononononono. Did... did he... was he really... No. NO! I... I... I can't... no! I..."
I sit up and look around desperately, choking back the occasional sob.
"I.. I... Why... But... But it's so petty. Why..."
If I can locate where Stellar has manifested herself this time, dash into her arms and hide in them. If I can't, then still move about as I speak, looking for her.
"Stellar... w-what happapened to... to the person I... I don't even know her name! The girl I... The girl whose free will I stole! My host! At the mission's end... did... She died didn't she! She never even had a chance! That... That ship. The... the so-called 'escape vehicle'. It couldn't land! He... He tricked me! He tricked all of us! From the moment we started that mission everyone was doomed to die. He rigged it so that even if he lost, we couldn't win! I... I tried. I TRIED AS HARD AS I COULD! SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO DIE! SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO ESCAPE! HE CHEATED HER! I GOT HER OUT OF THERE AND HE MURDERED HER OUT OF SPITE! HE COULDN'T HURT ME DIRECTLY SO HE KILLED HER INSTEAD! THAT 'ESCAPE VEHICLE' DIDN'T WORK IT JUST WENT UP IT NEVER COULD COME BACK DOWN. HE STOLE THAT GIRL'S FREE WILL AND GAVE IT BACK JUST TO TRAP HER IN SOMEONE, NO, SOMETHING ELSE'S BODY AND ENCASE HER IN A FLYING TOMB! ALL FOR HIS STUPID PRIDE! HE... HE... he doesn't even get it does he? She's just... just... someone else's toy, left in his sandbox. Valueless and meaningless. He doesn't get it, does he. That he's responsible for her, and has been from the moment he stole her will... just like I was. And then He Dragged Me Out Just In Time To Loophole-Murder Her. oh so I win and 'escape' but she dies? That's Not Right! that... that... Why??!??!?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 27, 2014, 12:15:46 pm »

-snip-
((Angel will have a friend at her psychiatry sessions!))

((And something different would be neat. This switched from "investigation/stealth" to "run away," without many chances for non-stupid combat. Also, there were a lot of...weird elements present. Maybe we're needing to pacify some kind of town/village?))

"Ugh...wha..."
Get up. Look around for people.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 27, 2014, 12:18:43 pm »

(Yeah, I liked the earlier parts then the later parts, though it was all good. Maybe the next mission should have a smaller enemy or similar? Not fighting an entire army, just a company.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 27, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »

((How about the next mission being a posh reception, with a bunch of targets present we have to steal or eliminate? Or an alien amusement park, that would be fun. I'd prefer the next mission to be Assault as well, mostly because I don't like deathmatches or boss fights all that much.))

"Cool as hell, though a bit confusing, all in all. For one, I think we may have bombed somebody we shouldn't have. And lots of people died. But you know all that, I guess. All fun and
games. Too bad sad alternate me had to die like that, but hey, we all have to die someday, right? Also, I suddenly feel at least three times as cool somehow. That normal?"

Relax.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 27, 2014, 12:55:04 pm »

John looked around.  He remembered the table... and some tango lessons.  Hmm.  His powers felt more in control, and there was something... else, as well.  The machines... were they whispering?

He did feel good, though. He sprang to his feet and spoke.
  "Hello?"

((Assault's a good gametype, and probably should be one of the more played ones.  I'd prefer to do something else this time, though.  Boss fight is my first choice, though survival works as well (and probably caters to my abilities better than an arena would.) 

I thought the last mission was pretty good, though it's clear you weren't happy with it.  Did it just go on longer than you wanted?  What's a good length of time for a mission for you?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 27, 2014, 01:08:18 pm »

Eria open her eyes at stares at the roof of her cave, at a part that forever frozen. She was never to sure how she did it, since she was high on Kater Juice at the time. She move a hand out at it...
---
Eria sat in the 'main' area, picking ice needles out of her body "Ow, ow, ow."

(Arena or boss fight)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 27, 2014, 01:24:21 pm »

EDIT: I also sent PMs to the people who had shown interest in this.
((I like these PMs :3))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1227 on: January 27, 2014, 02:05:16 pm »

((Keep in mind when judging the previous mission that the previous mission was supposed to be more of a stealth mission. There were various NPCs and other stuff I didn't get to use because it turned into a not-stealth mission (mostly not your fault, some unlucky rolls were involved). And other stuff I... hoped (? not sure if this is the right word) you would do that you didn't do. I'll design missions a bit differently in the future. Hopefully differently will translate to better.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 27, 2014, 02:09:30 pm »

((I find that here in the RTD subforum, if the GM wishes the players to use stealth, then they should be very explicit about it.  See:  Magnificent Timelord mission #2.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 27, 2014, 02:37:03 pm »

Zechariah opens his eyes and stretches.
"Rather the opposite," Zechariah murmured to himself. "Pretty much everyone and everything hated me and liked me at the same time. It's what I'm good at.
I'm the only true Medium, the line between Soul and Shadow. I create and destroy, lead and follow, trust and betray, love and hate.
I am the Shadow. I embraced my true self. At the same time, I am part of the human soul.
I am the Medium."

Zechariah felt his resolve grow, his anger building.
In order to be the Medium, I have to use both sides of my powers. Shadow and Soul, working together for the good of others.

Try to find a way to the staging area. If not possible, think to myself.

((I'd like one of the Extreme or Huge Arenas. The Amethyst thing sounds awesome, too, considering Artemis was associated with Amethyst and thus it could spark curiosity within Zechariah. Who knows, maybe Artemis does come back to cause chaos in this dimension too? My final vote goes to Small Boss fight.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:19:20 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 521