Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1124725 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 1 complete
« Reply #1200 on: January 25, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »

((John's an ex-mechanic out for power.  He's willing to do what it takes, though he understands that simply screwing people over for power leaves you with lots of enemies.

Also, he has cool power choice descriptions.  "Sometimes you have to jump, summon an ATV in midair, and then land on it and run away just for the sake of being awesome."))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 25, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »

((Huh. I may be the most flat character of the lot in that Alan's just a bugfuck nuts guy with an overinflated ego and lack of any kind, including common, sense.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 25, 2014, 10:43:49 pm »

((Irine has been close-mouthed about her background, but if you want a summary of her look at the early posts of the game where she was getting harassed by Ike.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 26, 2014, 04:34:57 am »

((Huh. I may be the most flat character of the lot in that Alan's just a bugfuck nuts guy with an overinflated ego and lack of any kind, including common, sense.))

((Ike's pretty flat as well, in that he's mostly this guy from the woods who's okay with the way things tend to happen. Right now, he's a bit confused about what's going on, but goes along with it anyway.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 26, 2014, 06:41:57 am »

((Eria an exiled lizard woman with blue scale and ice powers. She used to killing, but will let someone live if there no real point. She has no real goal beyond survive at the moment.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 26, 2014, 03:05:01 pm »

(Jordan's a hitman who is used to crazy shit as long as he gets paid. I think the fact that he cared more about getting a shitton of money from this rather then the promised god-like power says a lot about his character.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 26, 2014, 03:13:26 pm »

((Yeah, that he doesn't think things ahead.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 26, 2014, 03:15:10 pm »

(Precisely. That, and he doesn't really want ultimate power. Who wants the work?)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 26, 2014, 04:12:15 pm »

((Doesn't ultimate power, by definition, mean you have to do LESS work? I mean, sure, it's more if you go by the Ben Parker Theory of Power, but it's pretty easy to ignore responsibility if you want to.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 26, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »

(Not really. I mean, let's say you won a really fast supercar in a contest. Driving it is ten times harder then driving a regular car, and you are almost certainly going to get arrested if you try to drive it at the speeds where it's hyperfast engine would matter. You could just not drive it... but then you have this cool car in the garage just gathering dust while you spend your entire time just driving around in a sedan or something. Besides, ultimate power really isn't that ultimate when the people rewarding it to you would have to be either extremely stupid or giving you power that's below theirs.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 26, 2014, 04:33:37 pm »

((If the supercar is really that much harder to drive at normal speeds, it's comparable to a specific power that has some use but comes with major drawbacks. Not much like ultimate power at all.))
Sig

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 26, 2014, 04:49:44 pm »

(Better metaphor: you crash way harder in the supercar.)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 26, 2014, 04:54:43 pm »

((That's why you take precautions not to crash, and assuming this is indeed an "ultimate" power, you should have perfect handling, speed, and acceleration in this car.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 26, 2014, 05:05:03 pm »

(The problem is, it can't be ultimate, unless the entities are very short-sighted.)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 26, 2014, 05:07:49 pm »

((What if these entities are tired or bored of their jobs, so they're looking for successors to replace themselves?))
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 521