Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is a Dwarf Relationship viewer possible via Dwarf Therapist or DFhack?  (Read 2819 times)

the-captain-murphy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm interested to know if there is any way (with existing tools) to allow me to easily see/sort-by the relationships my have dwarves have with each other (mother, father, sister, uncle, acquaintance...etc...).  For example, I might use it to quickly find out which dwarves wouldn't be missed if they were to have an an unfortunate accident while on a lava-tube mining expedition.

Could this be done with a script in some view of Dwarf Therapist?
Is there a DFHack plugin that can help?

If so, what is it? If not, can anyone help me make this a plugin to either of these great tools? I know how to program but I don't know the first thing about doing anything with DFhack or DFDT.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Is a Dwarf Relationship viewer possible via Dwarf Therapist or DFhack?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:02:13 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=132153.0

It's also possible with DFHack, and fairly quickly, too, if you just want the immediate relationships.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is a Dwarf Relationship viewer possible via Dwarf Therapist or DFhack?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 06:04:21 am »

I have a rough script for dfhack that exports geneolgy data just like Dwarf Family does, but it works in dfhack while your game is loaded.. no need to go into legends mode.

I'd like to expand it to include internal fort relationship info just like you want. A first simple goal would be to export an image depicting the relationships between the members of your fort.