Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Most horrific injury/health problem  (Read 2230 times)

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most horrific injury/health problem
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 10:25:08 am »

I have some dwarves who lost their senses of touch and sight after an encounter with a Forgotten Beast. Some of them are still around after about 30 in-game years. The FB accidentally fell into the magma pool, as far as I remember.

There are also two soldiers who lost their arms and survived without even passing out.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 10:27:42 am »

on that note i remember a dwarf who lost both eyelids.
that's gotta be unpleasant.
This made me feel so sad :(
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 10:44:26 am »

I didn't have really "horrific" injuries, but I had rather badass mayor who had more scars then other features and no eyes, yet still was capable of fighting.

Also, I once had two fully rotting soldiers, yes, but they somehow survived through surgery.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 11:15:12 am »

I've had some dwarves survive having all their skin (but I think no internal organs) rot. Evidently, the surgeon only had to remove the rotten tissue from their upper lips, and then the rest magically went away. The only side effect was "somewhat impaired" vision.

I actually had something similar in a fort with a group of macedwarves who braved many FBs and syndromes, all of my macedwarves (including one who had lost a hand early in his career) survived the syndrome which along with the rot, had bad swelling everywhere and spewing miasma. I actually saw spurts of blood on the walls as the docs moved to save them. I think there was some temporary vision loss as well.
Pages: 1 [2]