Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 233

Author Topic: Space Thread  (Read 335437 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Space Thread
« Reply #795 on: April 15, 2015, 02:23:48 pm »

I like the idea of not existing any life-form beyond our's in the universe. Kind of make feel proud for something I didn't contributed to in the little. Like football.
In a time before time, I had a name.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 27, 2015, 10:15:26 pm »

Warp Drive
That is all

yes i realize it probably won't pan out. i don't care
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:01 pm »

not sure if this belongs here, but Kerbal Space Program was fully released today.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 27, 2015, 10:30:15 pm »

Why would it? They'd have no cultural context to even know anything about the Nazis. As far as an unaware observer would be concerned it's just a series of competitions of physical prowess, presided over by a state comprised of people who are long-dead.
Or they could think it is a training montage sent as a threat.
Couldn't be a training montage. Eye of the Tiger hadn't been recorded yet.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 28, 2015, 03:05:03 am »

No mention of the (probably too good to be true) accidental warp bubble?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 28, 2015, 03:15:00 am »

Warp Drive
That is all

yes i realize it probably won't pan out. i don't care

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #801 on: April 28, 2015, 11:12:45 am »

No, not a warp drive. Looks cool, but the EmDrive is not a warp drive.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 28, 2015, 01:32:15 pm »

Anyway Progress is currently spinning out of control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm8dC9ej7Tw

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #803 on: April 28, 2015, 02:01:49 pm »

Well that's not good.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 29, 2015, 08:37:04 am »

Nasa working on a EmDrive? That's really fishy, I thought the EmDrive concept was discarded a long time ago as a hoax not different from a perpetual motion machine.

Even then, for starters we don't require going faster than light. Enough velocity to make the travel around different parts of the solar system a matter of days/weeks would suffice for the time being.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:48:56 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 29, 2015, 08:40:24 am »

It's non published, non peer reviewed research. Physics as we know it says it shouodn't work.

It just might though, do we'll have to wait till they publish it. Dont get to execited though, remember the FTL neutrino's.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 29, 2015, 08:44:53 am »

I think Padme's death in Star Wars III was pretty stupid.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 29, 2015, 08:51:24 am »

That's... really odd to post here, are you sure you didn't meant to post that on the nitpicks that ruined movies thread?

However I agree with you, I rather think that is not that stupid "she doesn't want to live anymore" reason, but more a thing of crushed larynx preventing blood going to the brain or something.

On topic, yeah, I completely and dully expect this to be another hoax or jump from the gun the media has us used to. Most likely when they repeat the experiment on vacuum they'll discover that it was the air after all or that it's a error on the measurement or something along those lines.

It would be awesome however if true AND really applicable in a practical way to space travel. It could open up a whole new level of resources to the human race to exploit. We could really lay the foundations for a unified human empire across the stars.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:54:29 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 29, 2015, 04:44:31 pm »

On topic, yeah, I completely and dully expect this to be another hoax or jump from the gun the media has us used to. Most likely when they repeat the experiment on vacuum they'll discover that it was the air after all or that it's a error on the measurement or something along those lines.

It would be awesome however if true AND really applicable in a practical way to space travel. It could open up a whole new level of resources to the human race to exploit. We could really lay the foundations for a unified human empire across the stars.

Out of curiosity, what kind of force could you get from pushing off the Earth's magnetic field?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 29, 2015, 11:19:42 pm »

Anyway Progress is currently spinning out of control.
I took this sentence at face value before I clicked the link, not noticing the capital 'P'. Now it reads like an ironic newspaper headline. On a similarly spinning newspaper, cartoon style with drumroll.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 233