Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: The Spambot Discussion Thread  (Read 37777 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spambot Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2013, 10:59:47 am »

Chatbot (I think?) in this thread http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=133833.msg4807654#new

Your clarity leaves me wanting to know more. I really enjoy this theme you've got on in your web page. What is the name of the template by the way?

The comment about clarity made me lol because of the threads Star Trek reference. While it does sound like a legit post, it's placement gives it away.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2013, 12:11:15 pm »

Quote from: carloscarreon
I counter with Disney Death Metal!
This was in the music thread. His sig is full of football, but dear god they're getting more and more relevant as time goes on. Although there wasn't actually a link to Disney death metal.

.... Relevant?

\m/

The idea of Mickey Mouse doing a death growl nearly makes my ears bleed just thinking about it. Though... it would be really funny to have a princess burst into death metal to bemoan their plight.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2013, 09:02:37 pm »

Quote from: sunnyahuj76
Following are the two for the night tonight

CMT Artists of the Year 2013 Live Stream
Crystal Palace vs West Ham Live Stream

How the hell does either of these relate to 'fitness?'

Spambot, I am disappoint.

edit: removed offending links.  Sorry for not doing so initially.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:21:38 am by WoobMonkey »
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »

Take the links out of the quotes and do not directly quote the spambot.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »

Quote from: sunnyahuj76
Following are the two for the night tonight

CMT Artists of the Year 2013 Live Stream
Crystal Palace vs West Ham Live Stream

How the hell does either of these relate to 'fitness?'

Spambot, I am disappoint.
Like so.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2013, 02:58:31 am »

At the moment, freezing cold and raining.  In general, the sidewalks are made of little square cobblestones and are smeared with dog crap (and children pee into the sewer), everyone speaks Czech, there are gypsies selling drugs on the street corner next to the prostitutes, and every fashion that has ever existed is in style.  You end up seeing businesspeople wearing suits and crocs (and sometimes on Razor scooters), kids wearing acid wash jeans and heavy metal band shirts with mullets, lots of old people wearing those zip-off hiking pants along with a button-up shirt and blazer, etc.  It's like someone's attic threw up, but in a kind of fun way.

There's also beer.  Beer, beer, lots of beer.  The cheapest beer I've ever had, which also happens to be the best beer I've ever had (what are the odds?).  So that kind of makes up for some of the sucky things.

Also, all of the construction here, from the outsides of the buildings to the paint on the walls to the cobblestone sidewalks, is made to decay in about five or ten years, so the entire city is in various stages of shiny new, decaying, and under construction.

Of course, the tourist areas are really nice.
This sounds like the beginning of a crazy modern novel.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 04, 2013, 03:08:56 am »

At the moment, freezing cold and raining.  In general, the sidewalks are made of little square cobblestones and are smeared with dog crap (and children pee into the sewer), everyone speaks Czech, there are gypsies selling drugs on the street corner next to the prostitutes, and every fashion that has ever existed is in style.  You end up seeing businesspeople wearing suits and crocs (and sometimes on Razor scooters), kids wearing acid wash jeans and heavy metal band shirts with mullets, lots of old people wearing those zip-off hiking pants along with a button-up shirt and blazer, etc.  It's like someone's attic threw up, but in a kind of fun way.

There's also beer.  Beer, beer, lots of beer.  The cheapest beer I've ever had, which also happens to be the best beer I've ever had (what are the odds?).  So that kind of makes up for some of the sucky things.

Also, all of the construction here, from the outsides of the buildings to the paint on the walls to the cobblestone sidewalks, is made to decay in about five or ten years, so the entire city is in various stages of shiny new, decaying, and under construction.

Ok I really need to write a story based on those paragraphs :3
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:45 am »

she actually made a post about df here

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2013, 06:27:40 am »

I've seen much more obvious spambot posts make actual posts too. Things are getting advanced! or they have people manning them, One way or the other.

Also yeah, that most recent "modern novel" spambot kinda threw me off for a minute.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2013, 11:33:40 am »

I like how it's a necro right after people were complaining about others necroing the thread.

I would click that bot's link if it seemed related to the text. I'm reasonably interested in reading more.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2013, 02:01:43 pm »

They now have a neutral rating on the stock. Finally, analysts at Thomson Reuters/Verus downgraded shares of American Eagle Outfitters from a hold rating to a sell rating in a research note to investors on Monday, November 11th.
What. the. actual. Fuck.
Was followed by some links to free movies.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2013, 04:41:32 pm »

Try doing a ctrl+f on the statement made. It's copy+pasted directly from here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2013, 05:37:15 pm »

Found the source of the "modern novel" spambot. It's actually just Sappho describing Prague.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »

*clapping to Sappho and Graknorke*

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 04, 2013, 10:11:45 pm »

So, Sappho is the true matriarch of the bots. I knew it.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21