Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD (Turn Six, Finally; Waitlist Open)  (Read 7109 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 12:55:07 am »

If you have a kid, let your significant other name him/her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 01:04:00 am »

Player Name: Objective
Name: Dr. Wallis Brenlyn, typically called Dr. Brenlyn or The Administrator
Class: Administrator
Personal Skill: Science
Starting Position: Administration
Notes: Can he be the Head of Gray Area? Just for flavor.
Also obvious reference is obvious I guess.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 01:07:50 pm »

Player Name: scapheap
Name: Ash Aidan 'Ace' Anderson
Class: Soldier
Personal Skill: Driving
Starting Position: Surface
Notes: Never ask for her full name, you will there for a while.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 01:19:05 pm »

Player Name: Harry Baldman
Name: Mr. Shtuk
Class: Terrorist
Personal Skill: Brute Force
Starting Position: Logistics
Notes: member of an apocalyptic cult of Lenin worshipers, has come here to further the cause of the communist apocalypse and bring about a society without class, not to mention without social classes. Is quite ready to blow up and brutalize many people up to do it, too.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 03:42:50 pm »

Player Name: Harry Baldman
Name: Mr. Shtuk
Class: Terrorist
Personal Skill: Brute Force
Starting Position: Logistics
Notes: member of an apocalyptic cult of Lenin worshipers, has come here to further the cause of the communist apocalypse and bring about a society without class, not to mention without social classes. Is quite ready to blow up and brutalize many people up to do it, too.
So you're a millennialist Leninist? :P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 11:52:25 pm »

[In the interest of getting down to business, I may as well get the ball rolling. Note that all the detail in this is flavor text; it does not affect the game in any way, nor does it necessarily reflect future roleplaying from these characters. The scenarios and locations, however, are the actual setups for you to take your first actions.]

Turn Zero: In the Beginning...

Sector A:

The lights flicker sporadically, revealing a landscape of collapsed ceiling and randomly-strewn office supplies. Security guard Callum Reaney slowly rises to his feet next to a pile of crumbled concrete in a bare office corridor. He blinks a few times, noticing a few offices to either side, a dead scientist beneath some ceiling tiles, and a bend in the hall leading to the lobby. Fellow guard Harvey Bekter comes around the corner, and the two men stare each other down as klaxons blare in the background.

Sector B:

Cion Traber wakes up from an unpleasant knockout with his head against the console at which he was standing. A small skylight in the adjacent hall allows him to see a few bottles of chemicals spilled around the room, and a chemical-heating machine on the opposite side of a small cracked window.

Administration:

A silver nameplate names the gray-haired man in the chair behind it as Wallis Brenlyn, chief administrator of the Gray Area facility. Brenlyn stands and inspects the shaken room. His dark chestnut desk has had many of its drawers shaken partly open, revealing nothing but papers and writing utensils. An expensive-looking work laptop lies awkwardly flipped a few feet in front of the desk. A bookshelf next to the door has spilled a few books open enticingly on the floor..

Sector E:

A half-conscious Dr. Drake considers that perhaps the lump where his head hit the vending machine was punishment for taking a break when he was supposed to be conducting tests on some newly discovered species of extremophile archaea. Another scientist in the room looks to be alive, but conveniently still unconscious, with his newly-cooked casserole steaming in the break room oven. The adjacent hall extends in both directions, to a group of offices and the laboratories proper.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:02:39 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 12:00:37 am »

look for any unbroken chemical containers, also anything that could tell me what's going on.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 12:00:59 am »

"Urgh...what is going on?"

Attempt to wake scientist. When this fails, attempt to locate something that knocked us unconscious...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 04:18:47 pm »

Find a pen. You can never go wrong with pens. Systemically call all my colleagues on my cell phone to find out what is going on. Check laptop for damage.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 04:24:13 pm »

Look around for wounded people or for anything of value. Like more weapons. (( You can never have to many weapons. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 04:36:19 pm »

"What the fuck happened, my heads killing me, and apparently him too.
Investigate the dead scientist, try to figure out what killed him.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »

" Who knows, but whatever happen we both know this place is full of Crazy shit. We should stay together. "
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 11:23:33 pm »

Turn One: The Action Begins

Sector A:

"What the fuck happened? My head's killing me, and apparently him too."
"Who knows, but whatever happens, this place is full of crazy shit. We should stay together."

Harvey Bekter searches the office area for wounded survivors. Doing so is fairly easy (+2), but he ends up spending a while at it and ultimately cannot find anyone (5+2) - it seems everyone is already either dead or somewhere else. He also hunts for weapons, and his firearms training allows him to discern them more easily (+1). He manages to find another loaded Schlock 17 on the body of another guard, and a loaded GRAS-12 shotgun in a locker in a guard station (9+1).

Callum Reaney carefully observes the dead scientist, whose ID reads "Dr. Albert Mendeleev", and quickly determines that he died when a fairly large portion of the ceiling fell on his head during the initial incident, causing a fatal skull fracture and cerebral hemorrhage (11). A quick check of the ceiling itself determines that it is currently sound, and unlikely to collapse again unless another incident occurs.

Sector B:

Cion Traber looks for unbroken containers, and looks for any indication of what just happened. His skill at science makes finding good chemicals an easy task (+1); after rooting through a few cabinets, he finds some unopened containers of various acids and bases and an opaque canister labeled "formaldehyde" (7+1). It seems that the area underwent heavy seismic activity, which caused many of the chemicals to fall out from their storage.

Administration:

Wallis Brenlyn grabs a pen from an open drawer without any effort (automatic success), and sticks it in his pocket. He opens up his laptop, but finds that the screen is cracked and that it is out of power (7). He attempts a few calls on his cell phone, but he finds no reception. The phone's screen then emits a few sparks before abruptly going black (3).

Sector E:

"Urgh... what is going on?"

Dr. Drake nudges the scientist a few times, noticing the man's ID: "Dr. Jeremiah Benson". By applying his scientific knowledge of human physiology (+1), he finds that Benson is still alive, but he remains unconscious despite Drake's pestering (5+1). Based on the small cracks where the other man contacts the wall, it appears that both Drake and Benson were thrown against the wall by a shockwave of unknown origin.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:03:49 pm by SealyStar »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find the ammo box that must have fallen out of the weapons locker, pocket the ammo, hope for multiple boxes of different ammo. If the monitor in the guard station is working use the security cameras to find other survivors and check what crazy shit has got out of it's cage.

(( Shells, Dragons breath, Solid slugs for the shotgun.
Normal, AP, HP for the pistol.

Come on lucky roll, this place was ridiculously over funded I'm sure they could afford plenty of ammo to make sure the scientists were safe let me find it now. I wanna roast me some aliens. ))
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:54:58 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"S&*#."

Take Dr. Benson to some kind of infirmary. Whatever we have that is close and not completely devastated.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7