Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD (Turn Six, Finally; Waitlist Open)  (Read 7087 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Lol whats wrong with that name? Half the girls I knew in middle school liked being called Kitty.
Noted.
...Which will take some of the fun out of Drake always referring to her by her middle name.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

News to me, I hated it for years but my friends wouldn't stop calling me Kitty so eventually I just decided it was easier to like it then hate it.

I have no issues with it being used as her name though so go ahead.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:13:16 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

[Woo! A turn! Finally!]

Turn Five: Attraction Forces

Sector A:

Harvey Bekter looks around the room to find a bag for some food. He easily finds a large, durable sack (12), which he fills with a large volume of drinks and snacks. He sets down the heavy sack for a moment and takes out his radio, tuning it to the main security channel. "This is Harvey Bekter from Sector A security. Requesting that anyone hearing this respond with location and status.", he yells (9). A few seconds later, he hears two responses: "I hear you, Bekter. Markus Greeley reporting in, I'm out here at the airfield. We got hit pretty hard. I'm fine, but the air traffic controllers here are having some kind of problems.". Another man has a less constructive response: "Hey Harvey, you still owe me that damn beer.". Bekter cuts them off, saying "I've got a little group going, bunker down in the nearest security station and we should be able to help you soon".

"Bekter! Wait for me!"
"Well keep up and stop being an idiot then! We need to escape, not investigate the roof!

Reaney marches off to the cafeteria, ignoring the minor pains he has developed after his series of furniture accidents. Along the way, he snoops around for a good melee weapon to smack something with, but he fails to find anything that could be very useful (6).

Sector B:

Cion Traber continues stalking through the hallways, frequently looking around and pointing his guns intimidatingly. He doesn't run into any trouble (10), but he swears he heard something weird down a hallway a ways back. He just can't tell what.

Alexis Kitty Wagner wakes up in her rolling office chair at a security checkpoint in front of a wing of laboratories. She assesses the situation, and quickly determines from the emptiness of the surrounding area and the sorry state of the room around her that something very unusual, probably very bad, has happened. Just as well. She was looking forward to some excitement in her job.

[Alexandria, go!]

Administration:

"Oh, I should have expected it won't be that easy. Thank you anyways, Mr. Nielsen".

Dr. Brenlyn hands Nielsen's radio back to its owner. He proposes, not illogically, heading back to the logistics depot for supplies. "Well, it makes sense, but Log's a while away even by rail, and I have a feeling things will only get worse during that time. On the other hand, our options aren't exactly wide open here, either. Your call, Doc". Brenlyn asks if a train is coming, and consults a timetable. Nothing too soon, it seems, but not too far off either (7).

[The roll action was a bonus, because you didn't really give me anything difficult enough to warrant a roll :P]

Sector E:

Dr. Drake asks Julian another question. "Hm. Annoying. Did you hear any orders for what to do?" "Thompson told us to stay here while he comes to join us. He seems to mean well. After that, he didn't really say much. I guess he prefers face-to-face communication".

Just then, Riley runs into the room and up to Drake and Julian. After catching his breath, he begins to talk. "Right, mates, first thing I'd figure is it'd be unsafe to get on the train or anything like that. I can get us into the maintenance shafts between the major sectors, but y'might wanna grab a hard hat or somethin' before we pop off. No tellin' what could drop on us, I mean". He waves his arms to draw the attention of the others in the room (9), and continues his plan. "Anyone else comin'? Don't s'pose they'll wait too long at the assembly zone... wait, anyone know where we're meant to be headin' if shite hits the fan?" He delves into his memory to figure out what he's supposed to do. He knows there are a couple exits, but he struggles to remember much more. If anything, he only confuses himself further (5).

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

"well, I have the equivalent of a newborn babies share of adrenaline so ill see what that noise was!"
investigate the noise!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

"God, no need to be an Ass about it..."
Follow the group, talk to some of the others, try to piece together what happened.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Were under attack and your doing DIY. I'm not trying to be an add but I had to snap you out of it somehow and I don't have time to be nice about it.

Lead them all to the security area with the weapons locker in sector B, look out for weapons, survivors or bodies along the way and keep the shotgun in hand.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lethargy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello, I'd like to take the last slot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go to the security office, search the weapons locker and the entire room for weapons, armor and munitions then secure the room.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

((Waiting on GWG before I make a move.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I have no idea what to do.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

((My character assumes that your character knows where the emergency exits are.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Head for an emergency exit, I guess.
Sig

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

"I suppose that we should look around here before we hurry off to Logistics,then."

Explore the vicinity
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Follow Dr. Drake, opening any locked doors with my maintenance key if needed.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Apologies for the delay. Here's another captivating (sorry, Objective!) update of COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH.

Turn Six: Excited State

Sector A:

"God, no need to be an ass about it."
"We're under attack and you're doing DIY. I'm not trying to be an ass, but I had to snap you out of it somehow and I don't have time to be nice about it"

Harvey makes the decision to head for the train station to Sector B. He manages to convince the others in the group, and they start on their way (9), hauling their stashed snacks behind them. As they stalk through the hallways, Harvey scans for any survivors, weapons, or, at least, corpses which might give some clue what's going on. Unfortunately, he can't seem to find anything (6). The party arrives at the train station, and sits and waits for the next tram... if one is even coming.

Reaney follows the others along to the train station. As they walk, he begins chatting with one of the scientists (8 ). "Hey, uh, we haven't really had any time for introductions. I'm Callum Reaney, security team. You don't have a nametag, which really means I'm supposed to detain you, but I don't think that's important anymore. Point is, what's your name?" The startled scientist turns his head to face Reaney. "Oh, I'm Dr. Gil Delaney. Uh, pleased to meet you, Mr. Reaney." Reaney's next move is to ask, as everyone naturally has, if the scientist knows what happened. "Pleased to meet you too, Dr. Delaney. Would you... you wouldn't happen to have any idea what's going on, would you?" "Well, I know it was nothing I was assigned to work on. As far as I know. To be honest, I've spent so long working in pure theory that I've forgotten what our experiments even are." (6).

Sector B:

"I've got a newborn baby's share of adrenaline now! I'll see what that noise was!"

Cion Traber turns around and rushes down a side hallway he passed earlier to find the source of the odd noise. He keeps his guns out, ready and eager to shoot anything out of place. Past the vending machines, past a few offices, until he finds himself in another chemical research lab. The noise - a rough skittering - continues, apparently from a large supply closet in the rear of the room. He stops outside it, guns at the ready. Suddenly the door flies open and Traber's eyes widen (4).

The thing in the closet somewhat resembles a bipedal wasp, maybe one and a half meters in height. It appears basically unguligrade, with three spine-like projections at the bottom of its legsserving as quasi-hooves. True to its insectoid form, there are two small, perhaps vestigial, claw-legs on its midsection in addition to the two larger ones near its head. The ends of these upper limbs are sharp and blade-like; it would not be fun to touch one. Traber seems to have surprised it, and it also stops dead in its tracks.

Wagner heads back the main security office for the sector and scrounges for weapons, armor, and ammunition. She happens upon an MB5 and two magazines for it, and some kind of large metal club certain to injure a few skulls (10). Not bad. With her new gun in hand, she scans the room and kicks over a few piles of stored junk to make sure no one else in in the room with her. She looks to see if there are any ways someone could sneak up on her; unfortunately, there is a large door at the rear of the room, opening onto another hallway, that cannot be locked for fire code purposes (6). She ponders why this facility would do what it does, then surrender to fire codes.

Administration:

"I suppose that we should look around here before we hurry off to logistics, then."

Dr. Brenlyn and Mr. Nielsen scan the surrounding rooms to see what's going on. They look through several offices, but find nothing of value. As they walk by a boardroom with tinted glass windows, a shot rings out and Nielsen gasps before collapsing with a messy wound to his upper chest. Brenlyn jumps to see another administrator poking a smoking-barreled shotgun over the top of the boardroom table (2). "Stay back, you bastard! I don't know what you're gonna do to me, but I do know that I can do a hell of a lot to you! So just put your hands on your head. ON YOUR HEAD! Now turn around and face that wall. FACE IT!"

Sector E:

Dr. Drake consults a map and finds a good emergency exit in the middle of the office area Riley passed through earlier (8 ). He and Mr. Drummond depart and wind through the maze of offices and cubicles. They arrive at the stated location of the exit door, but find that the automatic door-opening mechanism has no power (6). Ah, the wonders of technology.

Thompson follows Drake and Drummond along to the exit. He fingers the keys on his keyring nervously along the way. When he gets to the exit with the others, he, too, is irritated by the broken door. Fortunately, he finds a nearby maintenance door which he unlocks, leading to some sort of machinery-filled basement (9). There's a good chance there's another generator here.

Power Plant:

Horace Goodwell is rudely awakened by a wrench falling on his from a meter or so up on a shelf. Within the supply closet, very little has changed. He supposes he just dozed off on the supply bench here. Goodwell walks to the door of the closet in the dim fluorescent light, and finds that the rest of the area has been decidedly more shaken. One sign in the hall points him back to the reactor monitoring area itself, and one glows red-orange with the word "EXIT".

[Lethargy, go!]

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:57:58 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7