Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lord of Doom [SG]  (Read 4834 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lord of Doom [SG]
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 07:17:15 pm »

We went from low to high-profile quite fast...

Attend to prisoner
We can't have unloyal people, lest we gain undue attention.

Else, I agree with Cain's plans.
Oh right that guy, +1, yeah people will notice if we don't do something about him sooner or later, give his mind a scan whilst he is out of it?     
Maybe our drugs could help once we have them, not that I want our manufacturer to be an addict or harbor resentment.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 06:38:06 am »

You set your scientist back on track. They shall produce more meth. You decide to take all your believers with you to interrogate Larry Brainer. The Batch of Meth is also carried, although not by your divine presence but by one of your brainless followers.

As you enter the almost empty chamber you are trying to make an entrance1, but you failed again, which is also due to you lacking a nice catchphrase as well as a proper costume. You see Larry is wide awake, as he is trying to escape, but fails utterly as his head is covered in a sack and his hands are tied behind his back to a pole.

"Greetings Brainer, have you considered joining my forces?" "Never, you are a psychopath." "I knew you would say that." You walk over to Brainer and remove the sack covering his face. You take his face into your hands and look directly in his eye. BAM! You enter his very brain and see all his desires and passions as well as his fears. You have enough information about him to make him believe in you without screwing with your head.

You scream into his face "1989 Brainer, 1989, your mothers panties..." You take up a smug face, and his complexion pales. "So set up your lab already and don't forget I have seen your face and I can make the shame happen again." He scattles off to do the deed. You have broken into his head and have an amount of control over him, without getting in the way of his creativity. This bond however is a dangerous one on the long run, especially with a smart one like him. You will have to complete the deal over time.

After a while, you were sitting on your harsh wooden throne again, and it is starting to get into your back really, Larry Brainer reappears and says: "We are producing 5pounds of meth a day, 1pound is 10Batches, I wish to note that we need gasmasks and sealing technology to leave the rest of the building uninfected, and to staying healthy of course. Oh and here is 9Batches of meth, I needed to rearrange the lab a little bit."

You have a pound of meth.

Start planning your next move. Be specific, because if you are not, the believers will act insanely stupid.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »

((Bump it up))

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:25 pm »

Was hoping someone else would suggest something, Guess we should look for drug users and find the sellers, then find their manufacturers, then work on taking out/converting the competition, we will go with 2 believers and mind probe some druggies, we will take some of our product with us to try selling whilst out there. Also work on getting a better chair, maybe set some money aside for it, god deserves to not hurt his back. If things turn ugly for whatever reason we do a snatch and grab, nobody probably cares about these people and we need more followers to make up for their lack of intelligence.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 03:34:14 pm »

Was hoping someone else would suggest something, Guess we should look for drug users and find the sellers, then find their manufacturers, then work on taking out/converting the competition, we will go with 2 believers and mind probe some druggies, we will take some of our product with us to try selling whilst out there. Also work on getting a better chair, maybe set some money aside for it, god deserves to not hurt his back. If things turn ugly for whatever reason we do a snatch and grab, nobody probably cares about these people and we need more followers to make up for their lack of intelligence.
+1
Priorities over recruiting Drug Dealers though, because Druggies might be unstable.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 03:49:02 pm »

+1 to recruiting Drug Dealers.
We should start a legitimate enterprise next, say a take away or yoga classes, something simple and cheap that has a lot of people come thru the doors.     
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 05:16:52 pm »

You decide to leave the scientists to produce more meth as you take three of your believers with you. Your mission is simple acquire knowledge on sellers, money from druggies, and recruit some people.

You begin looking for addicts near the train station, and you happen to find a group of four. "Hey, you. Want some meth..." You have a good time dealing with the costumers flowing in and out. A while later you are 5 Batches loosener and 15000$ richer. You decide to ask about potential sellers but have no luck so you push your thought into one of them. He breaks down and tells you a location. St. Patricks Crack House is located nearby.

You step in and are greeted by four strong looking men in jogging pants and wife beaters. They check you for weapons and let you through. In front of you sits Rique a Persian dude with gold chains. "So who the heck are you?" You stare into his eye and say "The Name is Ian from and to Barmut. I am here to strike a deal."
"So hit me"

You tell him about your meth operation, and how he should come with you and he seems interested he could become an associate who would facilitate your money making meth wise, but he will rise his demand over time, and always will he try to rip you off, unless you do something about it. You can the deal or try something else.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 06:48:48 pm »

+1 to recruiting Drug Dealers.
We should start a legitimate enterprise next, say a take away or yoga classes, something simple and cheap that has a lot of people come thru the doors.   
Yeah a takeaway/any legitimate business  sounds simple enough even our people could do it. Also, woot, money.

Edit: Thinking we should take the deal, can always find the people important to him and convert/threaten them if he becomes a handful. Or replace/dispose of him once we no longer need him. Use our recent earnings to get a better throne?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 11:53:22 pm by Cain12 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 12:14:36 pm »

Does anybody else agree or disagree? I will check to update in the next hour if my schedule possibilifies this...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 01:57:43 pm »

Actually, converting him sounds golden
Why build something, if you could just take over something similar? Don't take risks with this task thou - we can work on it over multiple dealings.

Our Throne shall be fluffy!
Yes, fluffy. Soft or cushy - while obviously an improvement - just won't do!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 02:00:25 pm »

Actually, converting him sounds golden
Why build something, if you could just take over something similar? Don't take risks with this task thou - we can work on it over multiple dealings.

Our Throne shall be fluffy!
Yes, fluffy. Soft or cushy - while obviously an improvement - just won't do!
+1

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 05:05:01 pm »

You attempt to push thoughts of your superiority into the mind of the man in front of you. "I am your ultimate master, if you finish your 77 deeds for me and you shall be granted godhood too." His eyes go stale and he is shortly buzzed away. His consciousness returns and he says: "Master I shall work for you, and make you good cash to promote your masterhood. As a matter of fact take these 20000$, I don't need them anymore."

You are pleased! You are so pleased that you tell your followers to drive you to a throne shop. They take you to "Fancy Pancé Fur-Niture" where you achieve to buy a throne made of mahagony and mink. On the inside is is white, with the occasional black spot, and extremely fluffy. On the outside you have carvings of human beings, holding up the one sitting on the throne, which is you.

You return to your base and check your expenses. You have 20000$.

Larry Brainer comes into your room and tells you that he is bored with the operation and that he has a lot more potential if you give him a task. He can concentrate on his project by himself if he needs too, and will not take the entire lab, but you can add scientists to the specific project.

Your believers have build a small wooden podest for the temple room. They seem to be rather planless how to approach the plan, and haven't had quite the resources yet.

You realize that a manager type of character would really help your mission, but you consider to think about it first.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 07:50:06 pm »

Well he did research and was a student, he probably had goals or things he wanted to pursue as a biochemist, before he was taken and became bonded with us. Ask about that.

Will leave a proper idea for someone who knows enough about biochemistry/is willing to guess as to what he could reasonably do in the setting, cause the best I have is looking to some vitamins or drugs that could enhance us/our people in mind or body, something to deal with others like Brainer, or a new drug for us to sell.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 03:27:29 am »

((Please be creative ;) realism is an option not a requirement, I hope this game will eventually stir some interest really. I mean I enjoy writing this but there seems to be a lack of interest.))

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 12:09:57 pm »

((Please be creative ;) realism is an option not a requirement, I hope this game will eventually stir some interest really. I mean I enjoy writing this but there seems to be a lack of interest.))
Yeah I wondering about that as well, your writing is good (as is your grammar), better than some of the more populated games I've seen, and this game could be quite good if it had more players, I mean we are psychic that thinks he is god, started a religion, that deals drugs, and wishes to become immortal, how can anyone resist that?

Will look for a quote to add to my sig in hopes people click it on a whim.

Will try to think of something but creativity isn't my strong suit, suppose he could look at stuff that would make our body tougher and more durable, sounds biochemist-ish, part of immortality is not dying from attacks after all.

Or just in general do some biochemist research into immortality, help set the general views for when we have proper people to look into it.

Failing that a drug (in colourless gas form if possible, but that could be a project for the future) to make people easier to mind read/more suggestible, don't want to worry about another like Brainer at a crucial moment. Failing that my last idea is smart pills.

Edit: As for a costume, how about something similar to "Friend" from 20th Century boy? Just my personal taste and lack of imagination.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:21:11 pm by Cain12 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3