Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Mirehole, the Great Succession Fortress in the Swamp  (Read 24511 times)

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mirehole, the Great Succession Fortress in the Swamp
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2013, 10:03:47 pm »

At least we can have their little suits of armor melted down into fine ingots.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 10:04:54 pm »

When the husks are dead, yes.  Two of them were killed by various caravan guards, as of now.  I'm in the month of Opal.  Also, why are the remaining two fighting each other?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 10:28:06 pm »

Diary of Wolf
3 Moonstone
Since Rhyme is busy mining, I ordered our animal trainer to take care of Karma.
14 Moonstone
Today I learned that fortunately, Karma’s wounds have not gotten infected.  I will not lose another dwarf on my watch.
27 Moonstone
So the doctor told me that Karma needed a traction bench.  I told Dr. Wrench to make a traction bench, only to be told “we don’t have any rope”.  I looked at her in disbelief and finally said “well then, you’ll have to go make some now won’t you?”
1 Opal
The caravan guards killed yet another husk!  The other dwarfs left a long time ago.
8 Opal
Excellent! Karma is back up and walking on a crutch.
17 Opal
The outpost Liason is dead.  At the gates of the fortress.  Crap.
19 Opal
One of our animal trainers has become possessed and claimed a carpenter’s workshop.  And begun construction on a log.
24 Opal
The animal trainer created Esteemedgallows the Mastery of Severing a tower-cap… floodgate.  Really?

20 Obsidian
Another kobold ambush.  Which promptly got torn apart by husks.
22 Obsidian
Another ambush!  Torn apart by same husks.
28 Obsidian
I have decided to step down.  I am tired of leading, tired of this place.  Whoever wants to take charge can, for all I care.

Go for it, Zlob!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 10:29:47 pm »

The save will be up tommorrow, this has exhausted me.

Gnorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 10:41:34 pm »

Excellent work of you to keep this fortress alive for another year. I'll see to it that zlob is aware of his turn.
And we were this close to yet another victim of Gnorm, the Overseer Killer.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2013, 05:19:57 am »

Good job keeping the fort alive. Maybe there will actually be a fort when my turn comes.

Also:

Spoiler: Chapter One (click to show/hide)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2013, 06:10:44 am »

10 Galena - status: excited!

Wow!  It's hard to believe it's only been a month since I got the call, and already we're here - MireHole!

What a mess this place is!  No wonder the call came to me, WoobMonkey, Soapmaker extraordinaire!  Even though I only arrived yesterday, I feel it imperative to have a quick chat with the overseer; zombie goat husks (whatever they are) or no, there's simply no excuse for the state of this place.  Blood and vomit I'm used to (try tidying up after a ROYAL party, just sayin'); but I swear that some of the piles are... squirmy.  Yuck!

Otherwise, everyone seems nice enough.  Nobody's really talked to me, which I suppose is an improvement over being yelled at by that nasty old Baron back home.  Wait, what am I saying?  This is home, now.

Y'know what would make this place even more home-y?  Some pets.  Maybe when I see the overseer, I'll ask if I can have one of those nice, big, kitties outside for my very own.  I think it's cute how they followed us almost to the gates - they must need hugs.  Judging by the scowls on most of the faces here, so do my brethren dwarfs - I don't see how my request could possibly be turned down!

With high spirits,

WoobMonkey.

(p.s.: I hear rumours that folks around here get their very own bedrooms!  Imagine that; no more sleeping in a broom closet for me!)
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

• Bay Watcher
  • A fine microcline table
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2013, 07:15:23 am »

Random journal using... The little, little info i've found on my dorf :c /edited

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 09:56:58 am by Karma »
[BREAKONSERVER]

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2013, 07:18:49 am »

Karma, your dwarf is a total badass. At least IMHO. He keeps going to the barracks to do individual combat drills ON A CRUTCH!!!!!! That, and with a broken leg, he DRAGGED HIMSELF INTO THE FORTRESS RIGHT BEFORE THE GATES CLOSED. Then immediately lay on the ground in the archer barracks griping until I got a makeshift hospital set up. But still.

• Bay Watcher
  • A fine microcline table
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2013, 09:53:35 am »

Wow. Okay. Now that's even more awesome than i expected.

I need to edit my stuff now D:
[BREAKONSERVER]

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2013, 10:00:50 am »

Heh. I guess your dwarf has been so busy doing PT that he didn 'to find out that go dismantled the forge. Because we have no wood, and thus no coal, and thus no point for a forge.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2013, 11:57:12 am »

Alright.  The save will be up soon, just uploading it now.  Nevermind, it uploaded, save will be up on this post.  Also, I'm going to collect all of my posts into one place with pictures and add that to a different upload, possibly.  Don't hold me to it, I may not.  Also, Zlob, you may notice that all of the forts named dwarfs have custom profession names.  If I skipped any, and I may have accidentally skipped you, feel free to give them one.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8138

zlob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2013, 01:04:00 pm »

From "The Journal of Zlob the Freemason, ruler of Mirehole":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OOC: I don't have much time to play today, I'll post more when I start playing. Also, the images are clickable, so don't worry about their low resolution or about their small, unreadable size.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:17:03 pm by zlob »
error: 'long long long' is too long

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2013, 02:01:48 pm »

He probably has a slab engraved, I engraved a crapton of slabs but never set them up.

Oh, and also, that list of people in jobs is deceiving, as my last act as overseer I put Batdwarf and two "peasants" on permanent military duty, or at least indefinite.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:12:08 pm by 4maskwolf »

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2013, 02:16:08 pm »

2 Granite, 302:

Wow, a new overseer!  Seems like a nice enough fella, if a little prone to indulgence.  Y'know, at the welcoming party yesterday, I swear I saw him eating raw kitten tallow!  I know, like not even mixed with minced tallow!  What a weirdo!  Especially when everything is so dirty around here: that tallow could turn to wondrous bubbles, if only I could've mixed it up with some lye.

Oh well.  What dwarf could possibly hope to understand the pressure put on our poor nobles?  I just hope that the new guy, zlob, will let me go outside and pet the kitties - the last overseer, 4maskwolf, wouldn't even listen to me when I pointed out what great pets they'd make!

Otherwise, journal, there's not much to say.  I've been relegated to lugging stuff around, which I guess is okay, but I really, really hope that soon everyone will have a bar of WoobMonkey's Fantastic Moisturizing Soap or two - right after I get me a nice kitty.  I like the one with the missing left horn the best - but I'd be happy to rescue any of the poor dears.

Oh, gotta go - there's a party going on in the dining hall!
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15