Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15415 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Running on Barons since turn 8)
« Reply #195 on: March 03, 2014, 01:20:16 am »

"What now?"
Ari waits a bit before flicking her amulet open, closing it soon after and repeating the process three times.

"Can you and I use your lab for testing quick-range teleportation? As in, holding up a transport field that would carry us from point A to point B, with the only varying note being how stable the field is (or how long it can hold)?"

Inquire! :D

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2014, 01:23:07 am »

"I suppose so."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2014, 01:33:14 am »

"But here I need your help. What I understand that in the creation of an explosion or any kind of chemical change-energy is produced. Can you find a way to harness this energy by spontaneous reaction (of any kind of matter, preferably solid) and make it into some energy generator we could convert into Barons?

"Because I'm pretty sure that such a transportation method would use the transfer of great quantities of energy. And perhaps a stream of such would..."

Ari drifted off, speculating about polarized streams of energy and the conversion of matter into energy and back into their original composition with no deviances in its make.
Unen, is it? I'm Akari--down here in the amulet! I hope you're having a great day by the way. :)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2014, 08:06:55 am »

What? Did Ari's amulet just introduce itsel-
"What?"
It introduced itself, with no follow up. The only objective was to introduce itself. Why would it do that? Why now?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2014, 08:27:18 am »

"-oh um, I mean, is there anyway you can help with the transport system? Like, devise a short-range teleporter, like the one that got us here in the first place?" Ari replied, having not noticed her spirit-buddy speak.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2014, 09:25:10 am »

Unen sits there for several moments, staring vacantly ahead, before speaking.
"Do you have the preexisting designs?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2014, 09:52:12 pm »

"Ah-...hum. I'll..I'll get to them. They're all in a safe place..and-..."

They're in your head, silly!

"Yep-um, right."

...Search for those designs I made earlier and improvise from them to aid in making a short-range teleporter.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

"Ah-...hum. I'll..I'll get to them. They're all in a safe place..and-..."

They're in your head, silly!

"Yep-um, right."

...Search for those designs I made earlier and improvise from them to aid in making a short-range teleporter.
Aid action, attempt to improve upon them and design a amulet that will auto-teleport the wearer away if an object approaches them at a dangerous velocity, and one that can be manually activated to teleport the wearer to wherever they are looking (does not work with pictures or videos, instead simply putting them in front of the picture/video)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »

Elsewhere, Edna was scribbling notes in her nice house.

"So... 5000 people, 1900 houses... should be... 1200 triple-packed, 700 double-packed right now...

Then assuming 400 houses each month, next month it'll be 400 triple, 1900 double... then no triple, 2300 double, 400 normal... then 400 double and 800 normal a month, so everyone's fine by... nine months from now?

Hrm. Not good, but 400... fairly worst-case... not worst worst case, but assuming I'm working on it..."

She paused a moment to grumble at the ceiling. That terramancer's molded stone houses were a classy and welcome addition to the settlement, but otherwise nobody seemed to be paying it much mind except for her.

Of course, in their defense, not everybody was blessed enough to be a brilliant mutationist. How an artificer or a thanaturge were supposed to grow houses was a fair enough question.

"...still, everything goes right or we get some new methods... mrrrrmmmm... assuming twice as fast... well, half the time. Everyone's double or less next month, fine five months... mmmm..."

She sighed and set down her quill for a moment. This problem was particularly irritating for her personally, and not just because she was the only one working on it. Her next project, her real project, couldn't really begin until everyone was more or less settled. What exactly "settled" might mean could be open to interpretation, but she knew full well she'd anger the masses if she went ahead with her current plans while they were stuck three times as dense as was comfortable. Ingrates...

Still, no helping it. Though at this rate, the weather was going to clear and everyone was going to go back to their tents well before they could go to their own houses.

((Bumping for Fniff.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2014, 04:07:56 pm »

Since the last turn, I've been thinking about the housing shortage. I'm pretty sure I was originally going to have a random work effort given per turn, that the first turn was a bad roll, and that I promptly forgot and based house production off of that first bad roll. I'm retconning in that you now have twice the houses, and future house creation will be roughly doubled over what it was. You will soon be able to do something more interesting than building houses.

I'll update morale next turn, but I'm not giving any compensation, since it didn't get bad enough for rioting.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2014, 05:13:32 pm »

Well that's convenient. And here I was thinking that my mistake was trying to produce houses by hand, and I should just create a sentient omnicolony to handle such trivia.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2014, 05:28:20 pm »

Increase people working on ships massively to finish it within the turn, then try to get people on the finished ships. Well, even semi-unfinished ships, as long as they don't sink.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2014, 06:42:36 pm »

((Now that you mention it, I wonder how far people can swim? The islands look at least three times a round trip day's walk away, so probably "not far."))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2014, 03:03:31 pm »

I'm just going to declare this dead.

The antagonists were the Fey. They had auto-successes, and instructions to make things interesting. Most of the bad things were because of them: The house-tree leaves being addictive, the house-trees becoming self-aware (the trees weren't very smart), the golem becoming self-aware and writing a prophecy (I forgot about the golem. It also wasn't very smart), the island getting overrun with self-aware corrupted house-trees, IronyOwl's second rabbit, and the animals being scarce, amongst other things.

Here's the antagonists' Quicktopic link.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2014, 03:18:31 pm »

Well, I'd hate to see such an interesting premise die. Would you be interested in someone else taking over?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15