Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Dead)  (Read 15428 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanters of a shrouded river delta (Running on Barons since turn 8)
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2014, 07:33:16 am »

((Thanks. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2014, 11:08:41 am »

Re-poke.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2014, 03:41:54 pm »

I wanted to update yesterday, but the forums were quite dead.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2014, 04:25:58 pm »

Hm, same problem here.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2014, 06:09:40 pm »

{4} - Unen manages to design a working backpack-sized device for converting stored magic into thrust. It's fairly heavy and each stores enough power for about a ten minute flight. They allow a great deal of speed, but have low maneuverability at any speed more than an average run. They cannot recharge while in-use ((I'm not going to allow jetpack perma-flight)). They are very difficult to make, but he thinks he could make a simpler design.
{5} - Unen's Belt of Total Destruction works wonderfully. It is not for use near allies, but it utterly devastates a large area around the user. He can personally create three belts over two weeks, but nobody else can be trusted to get such a web of delicate processes made exactly right.
((I'll post full access to the Quicktopic board after this is over. Remind me if I don't.))

{1}, {3} - The weather turns too terrible for outdoor work, and Zedas huddles miserably in an over-packed dwelling, scribbling luxurious ship drawings. The storm eventually ends, and he convinces a few people to start working on ships.

{-} - Ari spends a few hours looking over the colony's power grid. She doesn't see any good way to improve the power diverting system. ((I'm abstracting it as fully efficient power transport that instantly goes where it's needed, for most anything other than absurdly large spikes of power use.))
{3}, {2} - She then spends the month setting up three generators to act as a weather ward for the future port. They won't help much against a hurricane, but should be able to divert weak storms around three decently sized ships.

{4} - Edna takes a team of wizards, and commandeers the Trailsapper for a trip back to the fifth island. Her creation of the central tree goes well enough. It considers itself to be a sort of mother to the colony, and has a sort of altar/bed at the top where people without magic may sleep to communicate with it through dreams. It thinks very slowly, being a plant, is not smart, and has no common sense. It is quite loyal to Edna. It is overly cheerful.
{3} - She grows normal house-trees around the central tree, and teaches it how to control them to grow more.
One night, a wild beast chews a hole large enough to crawl through into the ship's hull. It's a mild inconvenience, but will reduce the Trailsapper's cargo capacity until proper facilities are built on the main colony to repair it, and the vehicle is no longer water-tight.

{2}+1=3 - Basic dock facilities are finally constructed.
{1}+1=2 - The weather interferes, and Gordon only manages to make enough housing for another fifty people.

New mission: Colonialist Fervor
Establish an outpost on island five and the infrastructure to ferry resources back to the main settlement.
Turns left: 2
Reward: Morale, based on time taken.
Penalty: Morale.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

{1}, {1} - Work on a ship finally starts, in parallel with ship facilities. Flooding from melted snow upriver destroys all progress at the end of the month, as well as many tools, much to everybody's frustration. Ari's generators survived with minimal damage. People now glare at her when the pass in the street, for forgetting to include anti-flooding measures.

Ari's factory build six generators.

Morale is bad.

Players:

IronyOwl's Edna Black, the Mutationist
Fniff's Zedas Piek, the Thanaturge
Tiruin's "Ari" Eloam, the Artificer
Draignean's Gordon Neider, the Geomancer
Lenglon's Unen the Entropist

Spoiler: Colonists (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Access (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)

Could use more "antagonists." Most of them have lost interest.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2014, 07:48:55 pm »

Edna couldn't stop smiling. It wasn't the brightest star in the sky, but her living colony was off the ground and very enthusiastic. This island was as good as hers, really.

Elsewhere, of course, things were more mixed. The zeppelin had sustained yet more damage, cementing the notion that she was probably going to have to be the one to build an airdock at some point. The terramancer had completed the docks on the mainland, but there was no progress colonyside, and attempts at building ships had resulted only in unadulterated rage, so she might have to handle those two personally as well.

And of course, all of this was just the bare, practical essentials. Nevermind all of the things she needed to do that didn't directly involve this new colony, like completing her half-finished project, expanding her influence, investigating all the bizarre occurrences lately...

Truly, it was a curse to be so blessed with talent. Or talent and ambition, at least.

First things first, make sure whatever chewed its way in got out again before we return home. We don't need containment failures unless they're from cages I assumed would be sufficient.

Find a good spot for some docks on the island and grow some, hopefully out of a saltwater-tolerant variant of my house-trees.
Make an intelligent living saltwater-tolerant covered housetree barge. Ideally, it should be able to communicate with nonmagical, nonsleeping captains (in a limited fashion is fine; beeps or whistles, levers, etc would all be acceptable), and use a modified form of the house-trees' magical burst ability to echolocate. Otherwise I'm fairly open to how much the vessel operates or maintains itself; being able to operate with no human interaction whatsoever would be excellent, anything else on down to being a living hull that still needs manual rigging and ropes and sails and so on would be understandable.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2014, 06:32:53 am »

Unen, unlike his usual isolated patterns mostly broken up by speaking with Carrie, sought out Ari at lunchtime today, sat down in front of her, and looked at her.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2014, 01:08:40 am »

Unen, unlike his usual isolated patterns mostly broken up by speaking with Carrie, sought out Ari at lunchtime today, sat down in front of her, and looked at her.
Ari was more than surprised when she turned around to see the silent figure of Unen staring back at her-if it wasn't for his demeanor, she would've suspected another colonist out for her blood.

I mean, who would've predicted a FLOOD of all things? She didn't know there was snow there!

"Hum, erm, sorry for that," she said, coming back to her senses, "Is there something you needed, Unen? I'm trying to think about something that could protect against the force and power of the waves here but all I think is Aikido.

"What do you need?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2014, 12:06:05 am »

Unen waits
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2014, 08:50:34 pm »

Unen waits
Ari blinks.

"Soooo-...." she said, leaning to the right ever so slowly. Did he have something there? "Whats'up?"

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2014, 10:24:48 pm »

Continue to bloody expand the bloody housing.

Also, send Milly over to help Ari with the ship building. She's not much of a hand at physical labor, but a few good divinations at the right time could make things a lot more efficient.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2014, 04:29:57 pm »

it should have been obvious...
Unen sighs, then finally speaks.
"What now?"

((No, it wasn't obvious at all, don't worry.))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »

((Yes it was. Any random observer could tell.))

A young wizard seated nearby suddenly stands and runs off, holding his nose. An astute observer would note a few drops off blood on the dirt near his former seat. An astute stalker notices his other hand reaching for an interior pocket containing his shipping journal, before he disappears around a corner.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2014, 05:34:19 pm »

A young wizard seated nearby suddenly stands and runs off, holding his nose. An astute observer would note a few drops off blood on the dirt near his former seat. An astute stalker notices his other hand reaching for an interior pocket containing his shipping journal, before he disappears around a corner.
((Nope! Wrong! Unen is simply socially oblivious, not lovestruck :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2014, 05:55:20 pm »

((Nope! Wrong! Unen is simply socially oblivious, not lovestruck :P))
((I was totally thinking about saying "Unen: Master of Seduction."

Also this means 100% of the faceless wizards we know about are admirals. Clearly this expedition is beyond doomed.))
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15